MIKA to be on ''Cadences Obstinées'' film (2014)

BiaIchihara

Even if it was just a line, I hope the whole scene will be more than just a gif :fisch:

Me too - I hope it will show him playing something beautiful on the piano :wub2:

Anyway, we will soon know - it's exciting! :teehee:

Love,love

me

Frustratingly he has said he doesn't want to be an actor. But of course he also said, some years ago that he wasn't keen on X Factor. So the thing we must do is to be really supportive of his cameo role. We don't need to worry that he can't act. Just watch his performance in Popular Song, and judge for yourself. In that role he smoulders, but there is something not quite right about the character. He's not as good as he seems to be, and Mika absolutely nails it. So we know Lucio will make an impact. We must let Mika know, by tweets, with hashing trends like WeLoveLucio or something like that. To convince him to do more roles.

Its not just women who can change their minds. Men can be persuaded to as well.

Omg yes! we need to make WeLoveLucio a popular hashtag just as ItalyLovesMika was one!

Omg yes! we need to make WeLoveLucio a popular hashtag just as ItalyLovesMika was one!

Yes, because if his cameo appearance in the film causes a stir, other filmmakers may approach him, and he may be more willing to do it.

At the end of the day, it's his choice what he does, but he may be more easily convinced, if he knows he has managed to create a fuss with Lucio.

Awwww, I want to see the film now! I hope the theaters will show it also here :wub2:

So what was his line? :naughty:

Even if it was just a line,

I hope the whole scene will be more than just a gif :fisch:

Me too - I hope it will show him playing something beautiful on the piano :wub2:

Anyway, we will soon know - it's exciting! :teehee:

Love,love

me

Alice ‏@ACLAYsuper 10h

@melalireine @7Maggie5 Will you tell the words?

Melanie M ‏@melalireine 3h

@ACLAYsuper @7Maggie5 I'll write it in a "spoiler" on MFC today

I see that you are waiting for a report :wink2:

So we came quite late (because of me :aah:) at the theater so we could only have seats at the very front left, but that was still ok to watch the movie. Maggie could even take a few pics of the screen that you can find on Twitter (I think the one that Mikasister posted is one of her) :thumb_yello:

Fortunately Fanny Ardent (the director of the movie) was even more late than us, so we waited didn't miss anything. Actually I must say there was not so much to miss:

Fanny Ardent said a 2-3 lines speech thanking people to be here, then the movie started and we thought there would be something after it, like more talking with her or even that the main actors would come, but nothing :aah: That was actually a normal screening, I was disappointed. Not even Champagne at the end or buffet, even if we managed to go where we were not allowed to go :naughty: I was still happy to be able to see a few French actors I like (Catherine Deneuve, Pascal Greggory), but no Mika of course :mf_rosetinted:

Then about the movie itself: it is exactly like the trailer, that is, not so good in my opinion. As I said before to comment the trailer, Fanny Ardent is an actress that I love, but the movie tries so hard to be artistic, "intellectual movie" that I often found it was becoming cliché. I don't know if I'm clear, anyhow it's only my opinion, I hope you will be able to watch it and to make your own opinion about it.

(if someone is interested I can explain more in details about the movie and/or my opinion about it, but I don't want to bother you:wink2:)

Now, most important: Lucio, aka Mika :wub2::teehee:

He appears at the very end of the movie so keep awake until the end if you watch it :naughty:

As we knew he is a piano player, who comes as "supportive player" (?) for the main actress (Asia Argento who plays a cello player) during a performance she gives for the inauguration of the hotel built by her lover.

Now spoiler as I explain exactly what he does and says :naughty:

The 2 men who are main characters are talking about some problems they have, and Mika is behind them at the piano, waiting for the inauguration to start and that Asia's character comes. He is watching them and listening to them when they talk, and then ask "Alors elle va pas venir Margot?" (yes, he even talks!!!!! :wub2:) which means "so Margot will not come?" (Margot being the name of Asia Argento's character). The men don't answer him, they are lost in their own conversation having problems to solve. Then we see him on a video screen in the same room (that's a strange part of the movie, why is there a screen in that room? :aah:) where they all are. Then Margot arrives, she plays, and we don't see Lucio anymore I think.

That's it. Around one minute or less.

My opinion about him in the movie. Spoiler too because it's negative and I don't want to spoil the pleasure for the ones who want to watch it :mf_rosetinted:

Honestly, his part was strange: I didn't understand why he was doing what he was doing and why he suddenly talked. Maybe it's because I was focused on him and maybe people won't even see he is there, but I find his cameo doesn't fit well to the movie's story. Ok, that's maybe because I think the movie's rythm is not good anyway :wink2:

Mika himself looks absolutely not at ease in his part. I didn't think "oh, he plays well!" at all, we are very far away from his acting skills in Popular for example. What I thought was: ok, he is right, he doesn't feel well while acting. We could feel he was in stress (and that's what he says about this experiment if I correctly remember).

So, I would advise him not to continue on this path, as he obviously didn't like that, except for a movie he is directing himself or someone very close would be directing (:mf_rosetinted:). In that case I still think he would be wonderful :wub2::wub2:

Anyway I think it is good that he did that, he loves doing new experiments and this is an important one, to play in a movie :thumb_yello:

Anyway I think it is good that he did that, he loves doing new experiments and this is an important one, to play in a movie :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much Melanie!! :flowers2: I was very curious already to hear how it was and you explain everything very well and it fits with my own thoughts about Mika and acting and with what he has said himself about how he feels about acting in films. He lives and breaths music and it's magical and honest (in my opinion, even I can remember some older discussions about this issue and I know some people feel he is acting when singing) and on stage he can also be theatrical and "over-act", it's a part of the nature of live shows. Acting in films is something totally different and I can understand if he finds it even uncomfortable. However, even it was a tiny cameo role it must have been a fantastic experience, would love to hear him talking about it some more.

So we came quite late (because of me :aah:) at the theater so we could only have seats at the very front left, but that was still ok to watch the movie. Maggie could even take a few pics of the screen that you can find on Twitter (I think the one that Mikasister posted is one of her) :thumb_yello:

Fortunately Fanny Ardent (the director of the movie) was even more late than us, so we waited didn't miss anything. Actually I must say there was not so much to miss:

Fanny Ardent said a 2-3 lines speech thanking people to be here, then the movie started and we thought there would be something after it, like more talking with her or even that the main actors would come, but nothing :aah: That was actually a normal screening, I was disappointed. Not even Champagne at the end or buffet, even if we managed to go where we were not allowed to go :naughty: I was still happy to be able to see a few French actors I like (Catherine Deneuve, Pascal Greggory), but no Mika of course :mf_rosetinted:

Then about the movie itself: it is exactly like the trailer, that is, not so good in my opinion. As I said before to comment the trailer, Fanny Ardent is an actress that I love, but the movie tries so hard to be artistic, "intellectual movie" that I often found it was becoming cliché. I don't know if I'm clear, anyhow it's only my opinion, I hope you will be able to watch it and to make your own opinion about it.

(if someone is interested I can explain more in details about the movie and/or my opinion about it, but I don't want to bother you:wink2:)

He appears at the very end of the movie so keep awake until the end if you watch it :naughty:

As we knew he is a piano player, who comes as "supportive player" (?) for the main actress (Asia Argento who plays a cello player) during a performance she gives for the inauguration of the hotel built by her lover.

The 2 men who are main characters are talking about some problems they have, and Mika is behind them at the piano, waiting for the inauguration to start and that Asia's character comes. He is watching them and listening to them when they talk, and then ask "Alors elle va pas venir Margot?" (yes, he even talks!!!!! :wub2:) which means "so Margot will not come?" (Margot being the name of Asia Argento's character). The men don't answer him, they are lost in their own conversation having problems to solve. Then we see him on a video screen in the same room (that's a strange part of the movie, why is there a screen in that room? :aah:) where they all are. Then Margot arrives, she plays, and we don't see Lucio anymore I think.

My opinion about him in the movie. Spoiler too because it's negative and I don't want to spoil the pleasure for the ones who want to watch it :mf_rosetinted:

Honestly, his part was strange: I didn't understand why he was doing what he was doing and why he suddenly talked. Maybe it's because I was focused on him and maybe people won't even see he is there, but I find his cameo doesn't fit well to the movie's story. Ok, that's maybe because I think the movie's rythm is not good anyway :wink2:

Mika himself looks absolutely not at ease in his part. I didn't think "oh, he plays well!" at all, we are very far away from his acting skills in Popular for example. What I thought was: ok, he is right, he doesn't feel well while acting. We could feel he was in stress (and that's what he says about this experiment if I correctly remember).

So, I would advise him not to continue on this path, as he obviously didn't like that, except for a movie he is directing himself or someone very close would be directing (:mf_rosetinted:). In that case I still think he would be wonderful :wub2::wub2:

Well, that was what I was afraid of. From the trailer the movie looks like what you've described, but I'm curious to watch it though. And for what concerns Mika, he has always said that he's not such a good actor and maybe he is right (in my opinion even in Popular song he is not so brilliant as an actor) but as you've just said, it has surely been a good experience for him! :thumb_yello:

Merci :-) Happy to have your report! Even the arrangement sounds a bit "poor", I think you're lucky to actually have been there, when the film with MIKAs first filmrole was presented! :-) It's a start - and I hope there will be more, and bigger, roles for him later. And of course I'll watch this film asap ...

Love,love

me

Thanks for giving your thoughts.

Initial reviews of the film are not raving . . .

however, here is a place where -- if you are inclined --

you can add a 'thumbs up' for MIKA appearing in the film :

http://www.premiere.fr/film/Cadences-Obstinees-3628374/(affichage)/public

Go to 2nd comment to do this :

'Le chanteur MIKA apparaîtra dans le film, son premier rôle au cinéma :)'

Apparently,

there is no limit on how many times you can do a 'thumbs up' for MIKA!

Edited by A. Clay

Thanks Melanie. I drew the same conclusion as you did simply based on your description of the scene. From what you've said it sounds like the (speaking) part doesn't serve any purpose and is just an excuse to give him a cameo so it was going to come across that way in any case, regardless of acting chops.

Thanks for your report. Well at least he's given it a go. That's the main thing. I think he is a good actor, but maybe he's better when it's under his own terms.

He'll maybe continue in movies as a writer, probability the soundtrack, or the story, or both. But what this role has done is get him noticed. We can still get excited about it, and let people know he has many fans who love him, then he can build on that with whatever he chooses to do.

Edit. I just did a thumbs up on the site. I was number 18.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Thanks for your report. Well at least he's given it a go. That's the main thing. I think he is a good actor, but maybe he's better when it's under his own terms.

He'll maybe continue in movies as a writer, probability the soundtrack, or the story, or both. But what this role has done is get him noticed. We can still get excited about it, and let people know he has many fans who love him, then he can build on that with whatever he chooses to do.

Edit. I just did a thumbs up on the site. It was number 18.

25 + now.

See if you can also find:

#WeLoveLucio [MFC]

for another 'thumbs up' :)

http://www.premiere.fr/film/Cadences-Obstinees-3628374/(affichage)/public

Edited by A. Clay

J'ai bien lu ton compte-rendu. :wub2: Merci. ^^

I read well your report.

From what you've said it sounds like the (speaking) part doesn't serve any purpose and is just an excuse to give him a cameo

I'm with you there.

I do like him acting in his videos (popular song, underwater, rain, whatever) so I'd rather prefer something different for him. I could enjoy him as an actor, if he would do something more meaningful. I just don't get the point of him saying that and desappear. I wonder if he's pleased that way or if he would have do something different if he had the chance to call the shots.

But I think he's right trying all the experiences he can. Having the chance to try something new, this is never a waste of time.

I hope he enjoyed or got something good from that.

It took me 15 minutes to write that, I just can't explain myself today. And I haven't already studied what is the proper use of "would" :doh::naughty:

I'm with you there.

I do like him acting in his videos (popular song, underwater, rain, whatever) so I'd rather prefer something different for him. I could enjoy him as an actor, if he would do something more meaningful. I just don't get the point of him saying that and desappear. I wonder if he's pleased that way or if he would have do something different if he had the chance to call the shots.

But I think he's right trying all the experiences he can. Having the chance to try something new, this is never a waste of time.

I hope he enjoyed or got something good from that.

It took me 15 minutes to write that, I just can't explain myself today. And I haven't already studied what is the proper use of "would" :doh::naughty:

I think we can explain Mika's presence in this film very easily: he did it to return the favor to Fanny Arden because she appeared in the Elle me dit video:thumb_yello:

I think we can explain Mika's presence in this film very easily: he did it to return the favor to Fanny Arden because she appeared in the Elle me dit video:thumb_yello:

Exactly my thoughts. I see this cameo just a favor to Fanny, so I don't see him as an actor appearing for long time in a movie :wink2:

I know about the "deal" with her, but I don't get what good she can have from his cameo... Does his presence rise somehow the value of the movie? Artistic value, ticket sellings, or what so ever?