Mikasister

On radio Scoop October the 1st. If I remember that well... 

Didn't he say something along the lines of wanting to do this kind of thing in 10 years time? I just heard something vaguely, not sure where it came from.

I would be surprised if he did more symphonic shows now. This one is obviously just for a TV show/promo for the re-released album. If the motivation was to allow fans to enjoy the symphony shows then it wouldn't be in such a tiny theatre, especially in Italy where they easily could have sold thousands of tickets. 

• Like 2

Didn't he say something along the lines of wanting to do this kind of thing in 10 years time? I just heard something vaguely, not sure where it came from.

I would be surprised if he did more symphonic shows now. This one is obviously just for a TV show/promo for the re-released album. If the motivation was to allow fans to enjoy the symphony shows then it wouldn't be in such a tiny theatre, especially in Italy where they easily could have sold thousands of tickets. 

I heard he said that he can't assure it will be his future but I read that he could lean his career toward that kind of concert.  I don't remember where I saw that... :doh:

It's funny that on the one hand he says he sees his future there, on the other hand he says he can't do more of these shows because they're too expensive. Maybe it just means he *hopes* he can do it in 10 years time because he hopes he'll have enough money by then to afford playing gigs just for fun instrad of for money. :teehee:

In any case i agree with christine: why doesn't he just do bigger venues then?! More tickets sold = more money. :dunno:

In any case i agree with christine: why doesn't he just do bigger venues then?! More tickets sold = more money. :dunno:

I guess it just depends on the sponsor he has and what do they decide to do.... this show in Como won't pay all its cast just with the box office revenue (also because even if the theatre has a capacity of 1000 people, tickets available on sale were really less than 1000) , but it will be sponsored by Sky 

I hope he will have more interesting (musically speaking) sponsors and collaborations than watches, shoes, jewels which could allow to have more shows like that  :fisch:

:wink2:  :) allô! Oui depuis que j'ai vu le concert symphonique à Montréal ma ville, j'avoue que Côme avec son lac me fait bien rêver en double..soupir car j'y serai pas et car je suis songeuse lol.. :naughty:  :wub:  Mais mon vrai problème c'est Marseille pour le 27 là.. :doh:  :( Je me suis inscrite sur la ticket thread ici sur le site car me prendrait absolument un billet d'urgence et je serais aux oiseaux.. Sinon ben il me reste juste à rêver d'un retour à Montreal.. anything for Mika but i will have no more money lol.. Good day all.. ;)

I guess it just depends on the sponsor he has and what do they decide to do.... this show in Como won't pay all its cast just with the box office revenue (also because even if the theatre has a capacity of 1000 people, tickets available on sale were really less than 1000) , but it will be sponsored by Sky 

I hope he will have more interesting (musically speaking) sponsors and collaborations than watches, shoes, jewels which could allow to have more shows like that  :fisch:

I think the entire purpose of the Como gig is to broadcast it on Sky to promote the new edition of the album. I don't think Mika went around looking for sponsors so he could subsidize the cost of the concert. If he was trying to make money directly from the concert or even seriously interested in performing for his fans he could have chosen a far larger venue. This whole thing is a promo stunt IMO and I wouldn't be surprised if half the tickets have gone to VIPs etc.

Mika has played many venues this size and I've never seen tickets this scarce and selling for 1600 euro. I've been around for virtually all of Mika's touring career and have never known it to be impossible for so many hard core fans to get their hands on tickets to a public gig.

• Like 1

I think the entire purpose of the Como gig is to broadcast it on Sky to promote the new edition of the album. I don't think Mika went around looking for sponsors so he could subsidize the cost of the concert. If he was trying to make money directly from the concert or even seriously interested in performing for his fans he could have chosen a far larger venue. This whole thing is a promo stunt IMO and I wouldn't be surprised if half the tickets have gone to VIPs etc.

Mika has played many venues this size and I've never seen tickets this scarce and selling for 1600 euro. I've been around for virtually all of Mika's touring career and have never known it to be impossible for so many hard core fans to get their hands on tickets to a public gig.

That's how it looks. They had reserved a certain amount of tickets to sell at the theater but the amount sold online was tiny and sold only via Ticket One (even they gave three different online links) and it came to my mind they put even those on market only after people realized tickets are going to VIPs and and are not available to regular customers. I usually know how to buy tickets and this time it was incredibly hard, took me 3 hours and eventually managed to buy a seat from back of the theater. 

Edited by tiibet

you might be right christine... but if the venue really has only 1000 places, that's just VERY small for italy. remember, fabrique in milan, where mika played in june, had 3000 places - the tickets were sold out within minutes and it was pretty hard to get any after that. tho not as impossible as for como now - but here we have a very special gig, possibly just happening once in europe, no queueing, many fans from all over europe interested in tickets - taken all these things together, you don't need half the room full of VIP's to get the ticket problem we have here.

why he didn't choose a bigger venue, i don't know... maybe the orchestra he's working with only plays in their "home" venue? not sure if there are bigger, suitable, venues in como - and paying for a whole orchestra to travel around probably is too much even if you have a sponsor. :teehee: but well, these are just other possible explanations - those who are lucky to be in como will see about the VIP's, i guess.

That must be the problem with symphony orchestras, it's just incredibly expensive to move them or travel around or to find suitable venues other than the home venues or even to book them. However I'm happy he says he sees his future there, it's the best thing he has done and at least he is open to the thought and looking for options/collaborations/sponsors or whatever it takes.

I usually know how to buy tickets and this time it was incredibly hard, took me 3 hours and eventually managed to buy a seat from back of the theater. 

can I ask you how did you manage? I kept refreshing Ticketone for 3 or 4 hours , but nothing....   :dunno:

it seemed I was succeeding to buy just 1, but I wasn't fast enough because I was supposed to buy one also for a friend of mine and I wanted to  call her to tell her  (and it seems that until you don't get your money taken, it's not sure that you have your seat, so maybe I wouldn't have succeeded the same) so it expired  :doh:

By the way, at least we will have it broadcasted on tv... let's hope there will be more in the future ;)

Is this actually some Como symphony and this is their home venue? I just assumed they were assembling a bunch of musicians for this anyway since I would have thought an existing symphony is not going to be conducted by someone from Montreal. Is Como even large enough to support a symphony?

can I ask you how did you manage? I kept refreshing Ticketone for 3 or 4 hours , but nothing....   :dunno:

it seemed I was succeeding to buy just 1, but I wasn't fast enough because I was supposed to buy one also for a friend of mine and I wanted to  call her to tell her  (and it seems that until you don't get your money taken, it's not sure that you have your seat, so maybe I wouldn't have succeeded the same) so it expired  :doh:

By the way, at least we will have it broadcasted on tv... let's hope there will be more in the future ;)

I just kept trying but it looked I was never quick enough... Once I had even given credit card details but transaction didn't happen in the end. Eventually managed to buy one.

Is this actually some Como symphony and this is their home venue? I just assumed they were assembling a bunch of musicians for this anyway since I would have thought an existing symphony is not going to be conducted by someone from Montreal. Is Como even large enough to support a symphony?

Oh I had assumed it's local. But now when you ask it I don't actually know it for sure. 

• Like 2

Hm, you're right, apparently they are indeed put together for this occasion. :blink: it says so in the first post of the como thread. I think i judged from the fact that the orchestra has a name and that in a french interview mika apparently talked about someone calling 'them' and them saying yes to the concert - it sounded like it was an existing orchestra. :dunno: but well, if they aren't, what i mentioned above can't be the reason for the small venue.

• Like 1

Hm, you're right, apparently they are indeed put together for this occasion. :blink: it says so in the first post of the como thread. I think i judged from the fact that the orchestra has a name and that in a french interview mika apparently talked about someone calling 'them' and them saying yes to the concert - it sounded like it was an existing orchestra. :dunno: but well, if they aren't, what i mentioned above can't be the reason for the small venue.

:) I thought the french interview,  where MIKA told about being given green light for a co-operation for this kind of concert,  was about OSM - wasn't it ? :wink2:

Love,love

me

:) I thought the french interview, where MIKA told about being given green light for a co-operation for this kind of concert, was about OSM - wasn't it ? :wink2:

Love,love

me

Dunno, i read anne's translation, and there they talked first about montreal, but then, the part i refer to, about como and the dvd. Maybe it was about the dvd, or they switched back to osm, no idea. And doesn't matter really, as it says in the announcement (first post of the como thread) that the orchestra is put together for this gig. I just understood it wrong, due to the reasons mentioned above. ;)