Mikasister

http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/201509/16/01-4901031-mika-symphonique-en-italie.php

Mika symphonique en Italie

Après les trois concerts qu'il a donnés avec l'OSM en février dernier, Mika va poursuivre son aventure symphonique à Côme, en Italie, le 24 octobre.

Teatro Sociale – The Centre of Como’s Cultural Life

http://www.travelsignposts.com/Italy/sightseeing/teatro-sociale

Teatro-Sociale-Como.jpg

Just behind Como’s cathedral is the neo-classical structure of the Teatro Sociale, Como’s opera theatre.

Como prides itself as a city of the arts and Teatro Sociale is home to the city’s operas and classical concerts and its busy calendar of events include drama, theatre and dance.

Teatro Sociale

Teatro Sociale was built on land that was originally occupied by the Castello della Torre Rotonda, the medieval Castle of the Round Tower. 

Alessandro Volta, a native of Como who invented the battery in the 1800s, was involved in the acquisition of the land for the Teatro Sociale.

Unfortunately, Volta did not get to see electric lighting at the Teatro Sociale.  The opera theatre only went electric in 1899, on the occasion of the centenary of Volta’s invention of the battery. Como’s opera theatre was originally designed by Giuseppe Cusi in 1811, but many other eminent Italian architects were involved in its various modifications and restorations over time.

Como’s Links with Opera and Classical Music

Teatro Sociale is a significant venue in the world of opera and classical concert and it has hosted master composers and musicians like Niccolò Paganini, Giuditta Pasta and Franz Liszt. In 1943, when La Scala in Milan was severely damaged during the WWII bombings, La Scala performances were moved to Teatro Sociale for a season. As a mark of solidarity, all the big names of Italian opera and classical music and conductors came and performed at the Teatro Sociale.

When Liszt and the Countess Marie d’Agoult came to Italy, they stayed on Lake Como and their daughter Cosima Liszt was born in Como.

Cosima Liszt later went on to become the second wife of Richard Wagner.

Operas and Concerts at Teatro Sociale

These days the Teatro Sociale has a very active calendar of events that cover a wide spectrum of music, drama and dance. Visitors to Como who love opera and classical music will enjoy a performance in this beautiful historic venue with its plush red velvet seats and intimate setting.

To see what’s on at Teatro Sociale and book events, see Here.

Address:

Teatro Sociale Como

Via Bellini, 3

22100 Como

• Like 1

http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/201509/16/01-4901031-mika-symphonique-en-italie.php

Après les trois concerts qu'il a donnés avec l'OSM en février dernier, Mika va poursuivre son aventure symphonique à Côme, en Italie, le 24 octobre.

La nouvelle nous a été confirmée par Simon Leclerc, qui a orchestré les chansons de Mika et dirigé l'orchestre montréalais. Leclerc sera aux commandes de l'orchestre italien au Teatro Sociale. 

«Le plan, c'est d'en faire le plus possible, a dit le chef montréalais. Mika a un horaire insensé, le mien est pas mal non plus et il s'agit de mettre tout ça ensemble. Mais le désir est assez fort pour qu'on puisse être sûr que ça va se reproduire plusieurs fois.» 

Universal fera paraître en novembre prochain un album enregistré lors des concerts de Mika et l'OSM à la Maison symphonique.

I would love to go there, but my Mika fund will be empty after Amsterdam and Brussels .. so, unless a miracle happens, I will not be there. :no:

But :yay: for "Universal fera paraître en novembre prochain un album enregistré lors des concerts de Mika et l'OSM à la Maison symphonique."

I've been looking for this article you told.

Sounds good, hope to see hin in the USA, I already got sad because I will just see him once

It was in this one: http://www.estrepublicain.fr/edition-de-nancy-ville/2015/09/11/nancy-mika-en-concert-au-zenith-le-9-octobre

"Là, en septembre, on la démarre officiellement en Europe avec le nouveau show. Ça veut dire que l’on repartira en Asie, aux Etats-Unis, avant de faire l’Amérique du Sud. C’est devenu beaucoup plus qu’une tournée européenne !"

La nouvelle nous a été confirmée par Simon Leclerc, qui a orchestré les chansons de Mika et dirigé l'orchestre montréalais. Leclerc sera aux commandes de l'orchestre italien au Teatro Sociale.[/size]

«Le plan, c'est d'en faire le plus possible, a dit le chef montréalais. Mika a un horaire insensé, le mien est pas mal non plus et il s'agit de mettre tout ça ensemble. Mais le désir est assez fort pour qu'on puisse être sûr que ça va se reproduire plusieurs fois.»

Universal fera paraître en novembre prochain un album enregistré lors des concerts de Mika et l'OSM à la Maison symphonique.

I would like to go in Como for this Mika's concert, after Milan, Florence and London, but since Monday, the teather will not confirm anything... We stay tuned! ;) Edited by Gabry74
  • Like 1

If it's confirmed I'd like to go too ,hoping it won't be the "big rush " to get tickets.

I went to Come for a school trip many years ago and got marvelous memories of the lake and mountains around

I would love to go there, but my Mika fund will be empty after Amsterdam and Brussels .. so, unless a miracle happens, I will not be there. :no:

But :yay: for "Universal fera paraître en novembre prochain un album enregistré lors des concerts de Mika et l'OSM à la Maison symphonique."

I understand you, I'm waiting to know prices of tickets and transport, because if it's on Oct 24th, it's a really short notice and close to the "regular" tour dates  :dunno:  

From Mikasounds Facebook:

***BIG ANNOUNCEMENT***
Mika In Concert at Teatro Sociale in Como on October 24th
A unique live event with SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA “AFFINIS CONSORT,” conducted by SIMON LECLERC

This special opportunity for Mika to recreate his incredible 3 concerts in Montreal last year will be a stunning 1-night spectacle. As in Montréal, Simon Leclerc will conduct the Como concert with an Orchestra established for this special occasion and composed by 81 international experts: 65 instrumentalist and 16 choristers.

Simon Leclerc is the prominent Canadian soundtrack composer for Paramount and orchestra leader, to whom Mika has committed the classical arrangement of his repertoire. After the concerts in Montréal, Mika enthusiastically declared: “Since I have a classical background, for me it's extraordinary to listen to my songs in the classical form Simon gave them, because it’s how I have imagined them in my mind!”

Presales open on 1st October at 10am (Italian time) on Ticketone (online www.ticketone.it and stores) and soon also in Vivaticket stores (complete list onwww.vivaticket.it).
Tickets will be availble also at the Teatro Sociale box office in person or from www.teatrosocialecomo.it - BOX OFFICE TIMINGS: Tu&Th 10-14 // wed&fri 16-20 // sat 10-13, 14-18

• Like 1

From Mikasounds Facebook:

***BIG ANNOUNCEMENT***

Mika In Concert at Teatro Sociale in Como on October 24th

A unique live event with SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA “AFFINIS CONSORT,” conducted by SIMON LECLERC

This special opportunity for Mika to recreate his incredible 3 concerts in Montreal last year will be a stunning 1-night spectacle. As in Montréal, Simon Leclerc will conduct the Como concert with an Orchestra established for this special occasion and composed by 81 international experts: 65 instrumentalist and 16 choristers.

Simon Leclerc is the prominent Canadian soundtrack composer for Paramount and orchestra leader, to whom Mika has committed the classical arrangement of his repertoire. After the concerts in Montréal, Mika enthusiastically declared: “Since I have a classical background, for me it's extraordinary to listen to my songs in the classical form Simon gave them, because it’s how I have imagined them in my mind!”

Presales open on 1st October at 10am (Italian time) on Ticketone (online www.ticketone.it and stores) and soon also in Vivaticket stores (complete list onwww.vivaticket.it).

Tickets will be availble also at the Teatro Sociale box office in person or from www.teatrosocialecomo.it - BOX OFFICE TIMINGS: Tu&Th 10-14 // wed&fri 16-20 // sat 10-13, 14-18

Wonderful! I hope to buy the tickets for this incredible concert!  :mika1:  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Wonderful! I hope to buy the tickets for this incredible concert!  :mika1:  :thumb_yello:

Yes!!! Mika with a symphonic orchestra.. :fangurl:  it's my dream! I hope to buy tickets too!! I must!!!  :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by *Denise*
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope there'll be a French symphonic Tour :wub::crossed:

I hoooooooope so!  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray: and a symphonic tour of course. If he said he would go in that direction, it's  great great news!

Edited by LENA MACHU

A tous ceux qui ont le bonheur d'aller voir Mika à Côme!! Vous allez rêver, croyez-moi ! J'étais à Montréal et je n'ai jamais pu exprimer ce que j'ai ressenti !! Pas eu la chance d'avoir un billet pour Côme mais les images de Montréal sont gravées à jamais dans ma mémoire et dans mon coeur !!! Vous allez vivre quelque chose d'UNIQUE!!! 

• Like 1