how old are you, were are you from, a little about your life, your greatest wish

iluvumika

Hi, i'm 16 years old, I'm from Ontario in Canada, a French Canadian ;D (I'm near Quebec), My life... hmmm I have a family who move like each year -.- xD and live i'm in the long processus of decision. de cision of what I want to be later :P (not easy at all o.o), My greatest wish, like all mika fans is too meet him :), a wish not about mika is to have a cute happy family one day and go to alot of gig :D

I've seen Mika in concert, 6 times and met him 4 times. He is the kindest and most thoughtful young man when you meet him. He has the patience of a saint when some thoughtless people start crowding him. He makes sure he meets as many people as possible and every fan is made to feel special. He also has a wealth of knowledge that he shares with his fans whenever he can.

You will love being a Mika Fan. Welcome to MFC

:thumb_yello:

Guest mehfilsaji

hi i am 18, from the UK, i am studying A levels at the moment and i have an A* in MIKA lol. my greatest wish would be to spend a day with mika, i think it would be really fun.

• 2 months later...
Hi i don't think that there's a thread like this... so i decided to start my first thread:thumb_yello:. I would like to know a little about the other mika fans:mika3:

Now, to start the thread, i'm gonna tell about my self.

I'm 10 years old.I'm italian :italia: and when i was 5 i went to Timor (near australia) and lived there for 3 years (that's why i speak english)! In 2012 i moved back to italy and that's when i first heard about mika and i fell in love with him:wub2:, but only this year i found this website!

My greatest wish is to meet mika, have a good long talk and then sing with him!:teehee:

Great idea for a thread, ILM! :thumb_yello: Due to the influx of new members, self included, I'm going to try to revive this thread.

I'm on the cusp of 50 (going on 17), have three daughters and one grandson.

I have never lived anywhere but the US, and have lived on both coasts. I am quite ashamed of my country of late, however, and wish I could live somewhere else. Since that's impossible, due to financial constraints, I am contemplating investing in an oversized camper and living out of it the rest of my days once my youngest (who's now 14) enters adulthood, selling jewelry and reconstructed clothing, plus my books, to get through my daily life. I often dream of pursuing other interests but these are the ones most likely to happen.

I discovered Mika walking through a department store in '07, have been a quiet fan for years. Until this year, when I decided to look up the dear man and see if he had a fan club. Landed here, and am very glad I did. The fans I have become acquainted with are fantastic, I think there's a lot to be said about them. Just wish I had known of his shows in Seattle and Portland, but then again, even if I had, I wouldn't have been able to attend, most likely. (I am going to Montreal next February though, that's my 50th birthday gift to myself.)

My greatest wish has nothing to do with Mika, believe it or not. My greatest wish is that I regain my health completely, or as best it can be, and that I live long enough to do all I want with my life. I am a very late bloomer, and feel that the best is yet to come in my life.

Hi i don't think that there's a thread like this... so i decided to start my first thread:thumb_yello:. I would like to know a little about the other mika fans:mika3:

I'm 10 years old.I'm italian :italia: and when i was 5 i went to Timor (near australia) and lived there for 3 years (that's why i speak english)! In 2012 i moved back to italy and that's when i first heard about mika and i fell in love with him:wub2:, but only this year i found this website!

My greatest wish is to meet mika, have a good long talk and then sing with him!:teehee:

I'm Gabriella. I'm from Florida :usa:, 18 years old, and I just graduated high school, NYU bound!:cheer: I've lived here my entire life and would've been born in Kansas hadn't my grandparents given my biological dad (not around) a job. I have one older sister who's about to be in her senior year at college and my mom is engaged. I also write poetry and have put some of my work online and in a few anthologies. I first heard of Mika in 2009 but didn't become a hardcore fan until 2011. I've never been to any of his shows but hope to do so once I'm in new york. Meeting him would make my life complete :blush-anim-cl: and some of my dreams are to get a book published, be an opera singer, and be a renowned psychologist.

Hello!

Well, my name is Zhenya and idk how to explain its pronunciation :aah: I'm 31 (32 in a month). I am Russian. I live in Novosibirsk - big city (1.5 billion ppl) on the South of Siberia. I'm chief accountant, but I don't like my job at the moment :teehee: I'm not a "chief" kind of person :) I'm single and still live with my parents :doh: But I'm on the way to change it this year :fisch:

I have been a fan of Mika since August 2011, saw him 9 times :) My biggest wish... let's be realistic :aah: I want to attend as many gigs as possible, I hope to get the chance next year :fisch:

Hi Im sophie-jane and I 15 and from the small place of England!! Iam half american and IMRealy sortof obsesed with mika i dont go a day without listening to his music. i first found out about him when i was 8 and loved the sound of his voice! ever since that moment i wanted to know more and i am now the most knowing of my friends who dont realy like him (which GETS ON MY NERVES ALOT!!) My music teacher looks alot like mika and my friends tease me about that.

My greatest wish is to meat mika and sing with him and to just maybe try to be normal. whe normal as I canbe anyway!

Hello, I'm Ellen, i'm 14 and I live in San Diego, California. I am currently a freshman in high school where i'm taking all honors and AP classes and am very involved in clubs and class ASB, but I don't do sports because i'm a noodle. I was born in Colorado and I moved to Cali in 2010. I love Harry Potter and Doctor Who. Just found out about Mika last month from a youtube video that had "Grace Kelly" in the background, now I listen to him everyday c: My greatest wish is to become an astronaut...if and when I go to space I really want to bring an instrument of some sort and cover some of songs from up there...i'm thinking "Stardust" would be a good one to sing xD

Edited by Ellen.
  • Like 1

I've never seen this thread...

So my name is Chantal, I'm 37 and I live in Reims (France).

My dreams are simple ones, to be happy and hope my son will be happy too in is life!

And my Mika dream is to have a long dinner with him and talk...

• 2 weeks later...
Great idea for a thread, ILM! :thumb_yello: Due to the influx of new members, self included, I'm going to try to revive this thread.

Thanks!:huglove: This thread wasn't getting any replies from a while...

I'm 54, I work as a cleaner and my greatest wish is go back to school to learn all the things I couldn't learn when I was Young

oh, I forgot to say: I'm from Italy

Edited by Ero

• 11 months later...

It's been almost a year - come back to life, weird little thread!

It is quite a funny little thread! I'll help bringing it back to life.

My name is Manon, 21 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I am a student at the University of Amsterdam but I'm almost done with that and getting my bachelor's degree as soon as I've finished and passed my thesis! Then if I'm admitted, I'll do a master in Translation next year, and if I'm not admitted, I'll do a different master the year after that. Not sure what that would be, yet. As a part time job I stock the shelves at a supermarket, but in a month I need to find another job because they can't continue my contract without offering me a permanent job (that's some stupid law here after two times a temporary contract) so yeah. I hope to find something nice.

I think my greatest wish is both the simplest and the hardest one: to be happy. The problem is that I'm not quite sure what I want in life, what would make me happy. But I'll do my best to find it :)

Wahhhhhh HELLLOO!! I'm Sandy, I live in Brampton, Ontario which is in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) I am turning 27 in 4 days which is PRETTY exciting. I first heard the Mika song "big girls you are beautiful" early on in his Career but did not follow up with him until last April I believe. I attended my first Mika gig in Montreal in February and though I missed the meet and greet I was so happy to have witnessed him preforming live and in such a regal way (although I still wanna see a wild active exciting performance). My biggest dream eh...no idea I guess to get into a career where I can do my art and of course to get a chance to stare silently at Mika while he attempts to say hello to me at a meet and greet, followed almost instantly with me punishing myself for not responding cool and awesome like LMAO! Oh and hopefully I have a cool piece of art for him to take >.<.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hello my name is Elena. :) I live in Germany and I'm 24. Sadly I never had much time to spend it here, although I'm a big fan since 2007. But luckily I got to know so many of you lovely people trough facebook and twitter. :wink2:

I'm a law student and I hope to make my final exams next year. It's very hard and I have to learn most time of the day... But whenever I can I listen to Mika. :wub2:

In 2010 I had the chance to go to a gig and get an autograph from Mika! :wub2: :wub2:

My biggest wish is to see him again and give him the drawing I did. ;)

Edited by Starlight

My name is Emeline, I have 18. I'm a French girl who live in Paris, and I love drawing.

I have been fan of Mika in 2009 when I heard "Rain". My first gig was last month. I have failed two occasions to see him in 2012 and 2013 because I was so young, and my mother has fear of festivals (Papillons de nuit in 2013). I was so sad. These occasions were near from home... (It's a big long to explain :naughty: )

I have failed my 1st year in university, but I'm going to work in the tourism for 2 years.

I love Italy, my  greatest dream is to live there. I visited Milan, Venise and Brescia. Even if my family speak french, I like speak italian. I'm like a professor !  But Mika speaks better than me. :fisch: 

I've seen Mika for the first time in 2014, at The Voice with my mother. First meeting, one hug. We did not believe in it (me and my mother)

Edited by Emelyne412

Hiya, I'm 17 and I live in the south of Scotland.  I discovered Mika when I was given a CD as a present that had songs by various artists on it.  Grace Kelly was on it so I listened to it and I liked it.  Then I looked up Mika online, watched some of his music videos and that was me - hooked.  Now I have all of his albums, a DVD of his Parc des Princes show from 2008 and a poster of him on my wall!  Some of my friends are also Mika fans (but they are not on MFC).  Also, my parents think I'm dangerously obsessed because I always make them listen to Mika when we go on car journeys.

My life is a bit boring to be honest, so I'm glad that I have Mika's music to keep me entertained.  I also have a few hobbies.  I like playing keyboard, badminton and going for walks with my friends.  My favourite hobby is writing short stories.  Oh, and I go to college where I study Admin (computers, word processing etc).

I have several ambitions in life.  Right now, my greatest wish is to meet Mika.  I would at least like to go to one of his concerts, that's why I am desperate for more UK shows.  In the far future, I'd love to write a novel and get it published.  But ultimately, my main life ambition is just to make the most of life and enjoy it as much as I can.

• 3 months later...

Hope it's ok to bring this thread back again but it's a really nice way to find out about members  :)

I'm Jen, I'm 23 and from London. I work as a sales assistant in a shop which I hate, my dream is to work with animals in some way as I'm quite introverted and usually feel more comfortable around animals than I do around people! I typically listen to quite punky rock music so Mika is very different to my usual, but I do love him. I first joined the MFC about 5-6 years ago but I stopped posting as my tastes changed, I only recently started listening to Mika again so I'm back! In my spare time I try to improve at playing bass, I've never had lessons but have played on and off since I was about 16. Away from music I'm interested in anything to do with space, I love ice hockey (which usually surprises people as it's such a minority sport here in the uk!) and I'm a huge Doctor Who geek. I'm also really interested in languages and Mika always makes me want to improve my French so that's something I'm hoping to spend some more time on soon.

Edited by refinneJ
  • Like 1

Hello :D I'm Alexia and I'm basically 17.. It's basically my birthday so meh

I'm from little ol' New Zealand, and the NZ side of this fanclub is real quiet so I get a little lonely :(

I have a very long and complex history regarding Mika so I'll just start from when I properly became a "real" fan.

When Popular Song came out and became popular in NZ (around late 2013) I started to listen to a couple of Mika's old songs and skip forward a few months to early 2014, when Boum Boum Boum came out, I listened to it and though it was pretty good. 

A few weeks later, I went to France to visit my mother's family and on the first day there, I went shopping with my cousin and the first shop I walked into, the first song I heard on French radio was Boum Boum Boum. Not a very surprising coincidence given that France loves Mika but it sparked more interest in him.

Found out my cousin and a family friend loved Mika as well so we had some good conversations and one night I was extremely bored and I decided to look up and listen to EVERY SINGLE SONG released by Mika. I went on his Discography on Wikipedia and looked up every song that was listed.

One song I instantly fell in love with was The Origin Of Love, but basically my obsession with Mika snowballed from there. 

I returned home and forced my twin sister to listen to all the music I had heard and now I am here..

I have other interests, such as baking and watching TV (because I'm kind of lazy) I mostly watch Doctor Who, ER and The Mentalist but I like other shows. I love watching movies, any type, old or new, doesn't matter. 

I can speak French, Maori and English and I am learning the piano.  I run a blog because I want to be a writer, don't know whether I want to be a journalist or author yet. I do modern dance and I always hope one day my teacher will choreograph a dance to a Mika song.

I can't think of what else to put, but there is other stuff.

Edited by KiwiMikaFreak