Mika and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra - 10 February 2015

guylainem123

SoundCloud

Mika a sollicité l'Orchestre symphonique de Montréal

Mika est à Montréal pour une série de trois concerts avec l'Orchestre symphonique de Montréal. Voici un extrait de sa conférence de presse.

MP3 download link : https://www.mediafire.com/?54d8czlmvmdvycn

:bow: Could anyone translate it ?

64289_10152738363639091_5419639099454444864_n.jpg?oh=58227b6876af9c9f03821d50b84cb3d7&oe=554FB4B1&__gda__=1431934832_d022d6eb85f098a37940d60c8d4ca82b

From Facebook

Orchestre symphonique de Montréal

·

Après un 1er concert féérique hier, MIKA, Simon Leclerc et les musiciens de l’OSM sont de retour ce soir et demain pour 2 soirées électrisantes à la Maison symphonique!

After an incredible 1st concert yesterday, #Mika, Simon Leclerc and the OSM musicians are back tonight and tomorrow night for 2 electrifying concerts at the Maison symphonique!

Crédit: Antoine Saito

https://www.facebook.com/OSMconcerts/photos/a.401177164090.179237.115309189090/10152738363639091/?type=1&theater

The feb 10 was such a good night Ill do anything to go again... Does someone have a ticket for sale and a ride for me? :3

Have you already had a look at the Extra Ticket thread?

2 days ago someone had a spare one for the 3rd night, don't know if it's still available :wink2:

EDIT: and someone offered spare ones in the 3rd night gig thread as well

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30468&page=7

Edited by mari62

does anyone else maybe think it's a good idea to make a separate thread for videos that were taken/interviews of these 3 shows, so that we don't have to look through all the different threads for videos? what do you guys think?

does anyone else maybe think it's a good idea to make a separate thread for videos that were taken/interviews of these 3 shows, so that we don't have to look through all the different threads for videos? what do you guys think?

Absolutely a good idea, we will only have to said which day it was :P

Absolutely a good idea, we will only have to said which day it was :P

yes, I agree, we can open a thread about Canadian audio/video interviews in 2015.

If anyone of you wishes to do it, pls go ahead :thumb_yello:

SoundCloud

Mika a sollicité l'Orchestre symphonique de Montréal

Mika est à Montréal pour une série de trois concerts avec l'Orchestre symphonique de Montréal. Voici un extrait de sa conférence de presse.

MP3 download link : https://www.mediafire.com/?54d8czlmvmdvycn

:bow: Could anyone translate it ?

Done :wink2:

Let me explain it to you. I have a close friend Olivia Lévi who is a press journalist and I find her extremely funny with all her opinions. She never stops! She is a person who fascinates me. I gave an acoustic concert at The Corona Theater which was very intimate and very intense and it was really a wonderful moment. After the show we were eating in front of the theater, we drank a bottle of wine and she told me:"Why don't you do a symphonic gig?" And I asked her:"How? Do they do that in Montreal? with an orchestra which..." And she said:"With the OSM"and I said"Really?A what level? Do they make shows with singers who are not strictly classic?" And she said:"Yes. Why don't you do it?" And I said:"You are crazy. I'm not Canadian. I don't live here, I have American influences, but why would they take me for a show?" And she said:"If you're up for this challenge,go for it!" and I asked her:"Do you know someone in OSM?" and she said:"No."So I said:"How are you going to call them?" and she answered:"I'll find them in the yellow pages." So she called them without telling me and I told her:"Do what you want. Have fun my dear. Go for it buddy! You'll find it f******* hard!" She called me and she said:"They said yes. It will take place in 2015. In February." And I told her:"You're kidding." and she said:"No, it's true." So I said:"Ok! Tell them it's a deal! I'll do it."

Edited by crazyaboutmika
time travel XD thanks Eriko <3
  • Thanks 1

MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal at the Montreal Symphony House

Working for CONFRONT, we get opportunities to cover all sorts of different shows, interview different artists, and access to so much great music. That may be my job, but first and foremost, I am a fan! When Mika announced his string of shows in Montreal and I didn’t get tickets, I knew I had to find a way to see my favorite male vocalist in concert once again (I had seen him in concert twice before). There was no exclusive press tickets or photographer, there was just me, the symphony, and Mika.

Lebanese-British singer Mika announced his first show with the L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal (OSM) for their POP Concert series back in early 2014. Organizers soon realized that there was a high demand for Mika in Montreal, and added two more dates, on Feb. 11th and 12th, 2015. Tickets for all three shows quickly sold out, much to my annoyance, and I wasn’t able to get my hands on a ticket… until this past Thursday, five days before the first concert on Feb. 10th. Through the Mika Fan Club forums, I found a fan all the way in Switzerland selling a ticket, and the rest is history.

Mika’s history with Montreal goes back several years. He’s performed in our city multiple times, including at Club 20150210_221128Soda in 2007, the Bell Centre in 2008, and Place Des Arts in 2009, as well as on French television. He’s even recorded music here, like the song “Love You When Your Drunk” which he dedicated to Montreal during his set.

This was the singer’s first time ever taking on such a huge project, having never performed his songs with a full orchestra and choir. “The collective power of over a hundred instruments, it’s not just the dynamic of volume, or sound, or style, it becomes about texture. That is much easier to provoke emotion with,” the singer told Montreal press before opening night.

At the Montreal Symphony House on Saint-Urbain street, Mika took the stage shortly after 8 PM, causing an uproar of applause from the sold out crowd. The singer, equipped with the orchestra fronted by conductor Simon Leclerc, jumped right into it, beginning with the song “Toy Boy”. The song, from the album The Boy Who Knew Too Much, already sounds like a score straight out of a Disney movie, and Leclerc brought it to another level, with rich strings and a multidimensional sound.

The 31-year-old performed a mix of hits from his three studio albums Life in Cartoon Motion, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, and The Origin of Love. Each song took on a new life, thanks to Leclerc’s new arrangements. They were vibrant and emotional, but helped showcase Mika’s powerhouse vocals and killer falsetto.

Related: Mika Performs On “L’Été Indien”

The stand-out moments of the night are too numerous to mention, but one shining moment was the flawless performance of “Happy Ending.” Mika is one of those artists who exudes emotion with every note that comes out of his mouth, and the audience felt that. His voice soared through that concert hall. By the end of the song, I had goosebumps, and I clearly wasn’t the only one left in awe: the stirring piece brought the entire audience to their feet 20150210_221200for a well-deserved, lengthy standing ovation. The crowd stood up once again after “Elle Me Dit,” which Mika performed with the humour and charisma that the song begs for.

Fans were treated to three new songs from his upcoming fourth album, including “The Last Party” and “An Ordinary Man.” He also performed “Good Guys,” which he previewed on the X-Factor Italia finale back in December. He invited his friend and co-writer of “Good Guys” Skyler Stonestreet on stage to sing the song along with him, when she jokingly chanted “Where have all the gay guys gone?” Stonestreet also joined the vocalist earlier in the evening during “Boum Boum Boum,” for which she provides the opening line (“Même les Américains comprennent”) and backing vocals. I’m sure I speak for all fans when I say that the new album sounds like it’s going to live up to our very high expectations.

Mika closed the night with a cinematic reworking of his hit song “Love Today,” leading to a booming round of applause from the sold-out crowd and one of the longest standing ovations I’ve ever seen. After taking not one, not two, but three bows, Mika, along with Leclerc, left the stage and left us all wanting more.

If this experience has taught us anything, it’s that Mika’s immense talent has the power to effortlessly transcend genres, whether it be pop, rock, or (in this case), classical.

Also check out: CONFRONT’s interview with Mika from 2013

Check out the setlist below:

Toy Boy

Underwater

Boum Boum Boum

Rain

The Last Party

Karen

Overrated

Any Other World

An Ordinary Man

Love You When I’m Drunk