Rediscovered Mika recently and found myself here...

Cordelia

So I thought I'd drop by to say hello.

I first heard Mika when I was 17 and at school. At lunch time they would put the radio on and I heard Grace Kelly. It got stuck in my head so I had to buy the album. It's been on my mp3 player (that makes me feel old!) and now my iPod ever since and has always been my go-to album if I needed cheering up.

I don't listen to the radio myself, or follow music at all, I have bands and artists that I like but they never tour or release anything new anymore (Bowie caught me out last year with his new album) so I don't really bother keeping track of them online however this seems to have been a fatal mistake with Mika as he just dropped off my radar.

So earlier this year they changed the rules at work so we can listen to our own music while we work so long as we don't have the music players out on our desks and I found myself listening to loads of tracks I'd not heard in a while.

Then a song by an artist that sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place came on, it was catchy and amazing so I sneaked a look at my iPod to find I was listening to a Mika song I didn't know I had and as far as I know I had never heard before - We are Golden. I think it got on my iPod through my sister, who I share music with but I have no idea when and I hadn't noticed it before.

Long story short (although this is pretty long already) my interest was reignited and I ended up having to buy every Mika album and song I could lay my hands on and I eventually found myself here.

So here I am, somewhere I won't annoy everyone (or my husband at least) by talking about Mika. It's nice to meet you all!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I first heard Mika when I was 17 and at school. At lunch time they would put the radio on and I heard Grace Kelly. It got stuck in my head so I had to buy the album. It's been on my mp3 player (that makes me feel old!) and now my iPod ever since and has always been my go-to album if I needed cheering up.

I don't listen to the radio myself, or follow music at all, I have bands and artists that I like but they never tour or release anything new anymore (Bowie caught me out last year with his new album) so I don't really bother keeping track of them online however this seems to have been a fatal mistake with Mika as he just dropped off my radar.

So earlier this year they changed the rules at work so we can listen to our own music while we work so long as we don't have the music players out on our desks and I found myself listening to loads of tracks I'd not heard in a while.

Then a song by an artist that sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place came on, it was catchy and amazing so I sneaked a look at my iPod to find I was listening to a Mika song I didn't know I had and as far as I know I had never heard before - We are Golden. I think it got on my iPod through my sister, who I share music with but I have no idea when and I hadn't noticed it before.

Long story short (although this is pretty long already) my interest was reignited and I ended up having to buy every Mika album and song I could lay my hands on and I eventually found myself here.

So here I am, somewhere I won't annoy everyone (or my husband at least) by talking about Mika. It's nice to meet you all!

Welcome! You will have lots of fun here!

Don't worry. I'm also the owner of an annoyed husband (and two annoyed kids). That's what we're here for.

Welcome Cordelia!

It happened something similar to me, I mean, I knew him since a long time ago, but I rediscovered his music, and now I can't live a day without listening to him!!!

And my mom gets so annoyed when I talk about him, so you found the right place!!

btw you have a beautiful name!! have fun here!! :D

Great intro :wub2:

Welcome to MFC :huglove:

You belong here for sure and we never get enough of talking about Mika here :mikalove: