NEW single BOUM BOUM BOUM out June 11th!

robertina

You need to show me that elevator at some point :naughty:

Edit: that sounds a lot naughtier than I meant it. I did intend to take my boyfriend on it, not anyone else :aah:

Of course :naughty:

Edit: again,of course :teehee:

I really think he says

Je prends les kilos de tequila

I clearly hear the l in les and the d in de. If he put on weight and drank tequila, the second the de would be le (assuming tequila is male). Taking litres of tequila would have made more sense, but that doesn't fit in the rhythm. So I would say he really takes kilos of tequila when his lover is not around.

And as Chris said, he sure didn't put on weight :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know, I think it's what Guylaine said: Je prend des kilos in French means I'm gaining weight... And you know when you're depressed you tend to eat too much ice cream (my case anyway) but kilos of tequilas I think it can be a metaphor or exaggeration but it sounds odd to me.

I don't know, I think it's what Guylaine said: Je prend des kilos in French means I'm gaining weight... And you know when you're depressed you tend to eat too much ice cream (my case anyway) but kilos of tequilas I think it can be a metaphor or exaggeration but it sounds odd to me.

I agree it sounds odd, so I thought it was this explanation as well, but then I listened the that piece of the song ten times and he definitely says je prend les kilos de tequila, not je prend des kilos le tequila, which is what he should have said if that was the meaning :dunno:

I agree it sounds odd, so I thought it was this explanation as well, but then I listened the that piece of the song ten times and he definitely says je prend les kilos de tequila, not je prend des kilos le tequila, which is what he should have said if that was the meaning :dunno:

Je prend des kilos, des tequilas** this is what I mean... It's very difficult to understand indeed I mean the difference between de and des is slight but native speakers can totally get the difference and it changes the context :wink2: Kilos de tequilas =kilos of tequila/ des kilos, des tequilas= gained kilos, drink tequila. :blush-anim-cl:

Je prend des kilos, des tequilas** this is what I mean... It's very difficult to understand indeed I mean the difference between de and des is slight but native speakers can totally get the difference and it changes the context :wink2: Kilos de tequilas =kilos of tequila/ des kilos, des tequilas= gained kilos, drink tequila. :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, it could be I drink tons of tequila as well as I put on weight I drink tequila or I put on weight cos I drink tequila...I think only Mika knows :dunno:

You can figure out the lyrics much better if you're listening to the song on YT at 0,5 speed :wink2:

Edit: just listened,he says "les kilos" :thumb_yello:

Edited by krysady

Des kilos, des tequilas would make sense, and the second des could indeed be des rather than de. I still hear les kilos, but that could just as well be my ears faulting or Mika mixing up his articles :wink2:

Quand on reçoit des invités on ne s'est meme pas résister

I'm a bit puzzled here.

Shouldn't it be either

Quand on reçoit des invités on ne s'est meme pas résistés

or

Quand on reçoit des invités on ne sait meme pas résister

Just a shade, but I really dig languages so I'm curious. :wink2:

there are lyrics in both languages posted in first post.

I didn't notice them. I've read them now

I think they're really funny. Not crude at all, but very honest. What he's saying (for me) is that making love to his partner isn't vulgar, its wonderful. I love how he's much more open now. Before he kind of used metaphors to describe his love for a man, but now he's just "Boum Boum Boum". The song is true for anyone, straight or gay, who's madly in love with someone and can't keep their hands off their lover.

I think they're really funny. Not crude at all, but very honest. What he's saying (for me) is that making love to his partner isn't vulgar, its wonderful. I love how he's much more open now. Before he kind of used metaphors to describe his love for a man, but now he's just "Boum Boum Boum". The song is true for anyone, straight or gay, who's madly in love with someone and can't keep their hands off their lover.

exactly!! :naughty:

I'm a bit puzzled here.

Shouldn't it be either

Quand on reçoit des invités on ne s'est meme pas résistés

or

Quand on reçoit des invités on ne sait meme pas résister

Just a shade, but I really dig languages so I'm curious. :wink2:

Sure hon, here's what it is:

Sait and s'est are homophones. Sait is verb savoir which is "to know" : "we don't know how to resist" would be the sentence. In this case, on ne s'est pas resiste, is "we did not resist"... actually you might be right somehow because the verb tense is in present and it should continue in present and the one I changed was in the past... I'll change that again thanks!

by the way, resiste conjugated doesn't need an s :biggrin2:

Edited by RayaBadran

Yes, and I'm more worried about violence than sex. I don't mind children seeing someone naked or kissing but I do mind them seeing people killing each other.

I agree wholeheartedly.

As the mother of three, grandmother of one (so far!), as well as a gay rights advocate, I think this song's intent is terrific. Got to run to work shortly (almost 7 AM here) but I may say more this evening.

Agreed, Marilyn! <3 from Spokane to everybody! (Didn't I say I had to get to work? Well, here I go!) :aah:

Sure hon, here's what it is:

Sait and s'est are homophones. Sait is verb savoir which is "to know" : "we don't know how to resist" would be the sentence. In this case, on ne s'est pas resiste, is "we did not resist"... actually you might be right somehow because the verb tense is in present and it should continue in present and the one I changed was in the past... I'll change that again thanks!

by the way, resiste conjugated doesn't need an s :biggrin2:

Ok, it was just the conjugation I read over here which got me lost between on ne s'est meme pas résisté - "we did not resist" (I was uncertain on the S, thanks) and on ne sait meme pas résister ("we can't even resist")

Personally I like the second one, I think it makes more sense, as you wrote, because the previous verb is present tense.

OMG, I'm obnoxious :doh: but I suppose I'm just too much into understanding the perfect meaning of the song.

I beg you to give me the lyrics once and for all...because if I have to learn them all by heart, I'd like to do it ONCE!! :aah::aah::aah::aah::aah:

:naughty:

Those are just minor shades, you just learn the lyrics and then mutter on the

ambiguous parts :aah:

Then, like Raya said, Sait and s'est are homophones so you just go ahead :naughty:

:thumb_yello:

I think it's a romantic song, at its very core, with an universal meaning

Now.

I totally like the song and I've already learnt it and I'm singing it out loud whenever I can.

But we can't deny it's particularly explicit. I don't know your idea of romantic, but mine ain't wrecking shelves, squatting elevators and waking up the whole quarter. And so not being caught with pants down by momma.

Oh boy, how much I like this song.

:floor:

Now.

I totally like the song and I've already learnt it and I'm singing it out loud whenever I can.

But we can't deny it's particularly explicit. I don't know your idea of romantic, but mine ain't wrecking shelves, squatting elevators and waking up the whole quarter. And so not being caught with pants down by momma.

Oh boy, how much I like this song.

:floor:

Let's say I'm in love with the idea of being in love and with all its consequences...

The lyrics are explicit, but as long as we speak of having sex with someone you are in love with and missing this person when he's not there I don't mind the details. I mean, this is a song and I'm not going to take it as an actual tale on Mika's habits :naughty: