NEW single BOUM BOUM BOUM out June 11th!

robertina

Mika is one of the most prolific songwriters, ok.

But when he wants to keep it simple, he does. Lollipop isn't a poem, is it?

Sometimes the simpler, the better.

I think the lyrics are ironic, he's fooling around on the topic and on himself, and the simply lyrics totally fit to the purpose.

But I also believe it's quite a statement, as someone already told.

Sorry for explaining my thoughts in a too simply way as well, I am both tired and high, I'm not pleased with my english right now.

Lol your English is fine no worries.

But honestly, if I want to listen to a simple song, if simple songs appeal to me I would go listen to... I don't know Justin Bieber?

I don't expect it to be a poem, I just want to relate to it and I want it to be smart, relate to it not in a personal way, but I want to be able to have a connection which I am not able to find. If he is trying to be smart in here and convey an actual message, then all the mainstream ones also do so when they're like "I wanna boom bang bang wit yo body yo".

I'm not saying that he can't do love songs, it's the absolute contrary: Origin of Love is a fairly good album in my opinion and it did not convey love with poor lyrics. It was very intelligent and I could feel that it was personal. But I can't feel any of that in here...

Edited by RayaBadran
grammar grammar mamamia grammar

I dont hear voices kids either

I dont know why some people is upset, shocked with the lyrics, Didn't they read other lyrics of his songs? he often talks about sex on them, so this is not the first time

I love the lyrics :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, me too. I love the freedom he shows in all his song's lyrics...BOUM BOUM BOUM :cheer::cheer:

:thumb_yello:

But some people is upset for the lyrics or for the meaning and of who he is talking about? :teehee:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umm_Kulthum

[YOUTUBE]Fcn_a5XTSsQ[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you for the video!

Ugh so dated and dull with no evidence of Mika's great vocals. I can't even be bothered to hate it. Just never going to listen to it again.

Well I am curious about the video so I guess I'll hear it one more time. :naughty:

Fruit of the Loom is a brand of underwear here.

And here are their boxers

Is it a men brand or what?

If so, we have the answer to the question someone asked (are there any references to gender?) cause the lyrics say Pour tomber nos « fruit of the loom »

I personally think that we don't need any gender mention though. :mf_rosetinted:

If so, we have the answer to the question someone asked (are there any references to gender?) cause the lyrics say Pour tomber nos « fruit of the loom »

They make women's underwear but I will bet one of Mika's fugly Valentino suits he doesn't wear Fruit of the Loom so don't get your hopes up that this is about him + anyone. :naughty:

They make women's underwear but I will bet one of Mika's fugly Valentino suits he doesn't wear Fruit of the Loom so don't get your hopes up that this is about him + anyone. :naughty:

:naughty:

Yeah. Just expensive Valentino silk for him

I personally think that we don't need any gender mention though. :mf_rosetinted:

You read my mind Sylvie :blush-anim-cl:

You read my mind Sylvie :blush-anim-cl: