NEW single BOUM BOUM BOUM out June 11th!

robertina

Sorry, I missed some posts cause I was too busy getting high with the song, so I don't know if someone already told it.

The voice at the beginning says:

Boum boum boum, meme les américains comprennent

Boom boom boom , even Americans understand.

Yeah, I suppose it's worldwide clear. :naughty:

Okay hated it for like 5 minutes and now I love it :aah: I'll apparently boum along to just about anything :naughty:

Apparently I will as well! :mikadas:

Sorry, I missed some posts cause I was too busy getting high with the song, so I don't know if someone already told it.

The voice at the beginning says:

Boum boum boum, meme les américains comprennent

Boom boom boom , even Americans understand.

Yeah, I suppose it's worlwide clear. :naughty:

Should I look for the fruits of the loom meaning or someone wants to explain it to me?

Fruit of the Loom is a brand of underwear here.

fruit_of_the_loom_logo_3210.gif

And here are their boxers -- Is this what you were looking for? :teehee:

51mLWmue2GL._SX300_.jpg

I think french is such a beautiful language and I love all Mika french songs. Even tho I don't understand a word he sings. Love this song.:wub2:

I can post the translation later but let me warn u those are very naughty lyrics...:mikadas::mikadas::mikadas:

OMG, I love it so much, latin rhythm, a catchy and summer song, sweet and sensual voice :wub2: and the lyrics makes me :das: Mika never ceases to amaze me :wub2:

Im looking forward the new album more than ever. Chapeau for a man who always makes feel happy with his music :blush-anim-cl:

Ok, I like the sound.

I think it's an energic song and perfect for the summer.. but I don't like the lyrics. I hope that this single will spread internationally, even if a song entirely in French could be a risk. Especially here in Italy the radio stations don't pass so much French songs (except Stromae that is a news).. but we will see! :wub2:

Fruit of the Loom is a brand of underwear here.

And here are their boxers -- Is this what you were looking for? :teehee:

Well.

I usually never indulge in such things. But tonight...

Oh boy. :mf_rosetinted::aah:

OMG, I love it so much, latin rhythm, a catchy and summer song, sweet and sensual voice :wub2: and the lyrics makes me :das: Mika never ceases to amaze me :wub2:

Im looking forward the new album more than ever. Chapeau for a man who always makes feel happy with his music :blush-anim-cl:

Yes :wub2::swoon:

You know, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he wrote quite a lot of those lyrics himself. I can't imagine Doriand coming up with the toi et moi on fait boum boum boum part, there's English words scattered all over the song, the construction of the sentences is relatively simple, and the emphasis of the words doesn't always fit the rhythm (pourquoi je t'aime should have the emphasis on quoi, right, not on pour? Not sure why he does that, it's not even necessary for the rhythm. It is necessary for voisins, where he also cheats with the emphasis) Mika does that even in English sometimes, but I can't remember Doriand messing around with the emphasis, or does he? And I don't think Doriand knows so many oum words from the Arabic world.

The only double meaning I could find so far is the septième ciel part, but being in an elevator ascending to seventh heaven because you're having sex would work in English as well. Am I missing other deep lyrics/word jokes?

I'm a bit confused by the 'screaming' part because that gives the song a serious not all of a sudden that doesn't seem to fit the silly boum boum boum. Still, it is probably my favourite part of the song, since I like that bit of drama :thumb_yello:

thank youuuuuu!!

and don't forget....it's LGBT PRIDE MONTH!!!

thank you Mika :wub2:

But this is a completely different song, a love freedom anthem, shouted out loud to the world. And a summer hit :wink2:

Am I the only one to find this extract one of the most romantic 90 seconds he ever wrote?

I left a little boy at Heaven, whispering his statement of freedom, twisting his fingers, with a palpable embarrass, and I find now a man shouting all his love to the world.

I am so touched.

It will never be a catchy summer song for me.

Never.

Damn'd Penniman.:blush-anim-cl:

I like it a lot and I agree with you, this song is clearly "a love freedom anthem (for him and his man), shouted out loud to the world".

Ok I love it! And I thought I already lost him...:wub2::wub2:

One question... can you tell in French who is his partner for the Boum Boum action? :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

I mean, a girl or a boy? :teehee::teehee:

I was just thinking about the press and stuff :mikacool:

Anyway, everybody knows already :das:

Yes, by now these questions or doubts there shouldn't be more and who doesn't accept it, well, it's their problem. And the cover is telling :naughty:

"Pas besoin d'un zoom quand toi et moi on fait boum boum boum"

"Not to need a zoom when you and I make bang bang bang"

I like this phrase, very meaningful :teehee:

You know, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he wrote quite a lot of those lyrics himself. I can't imagine Doriand coming up with the toi et moi on fait boum boum boum part, there's English words scattered all over the song, the construction of the sentences is relatively simple, and the emphasis of the words doesn't always fit the rhythm (pourquoi je t'aime should have the emphasis on quoi, right, not on pour? Not sure why he does that, it's not even necessary for the rhythm. It is necessary for voisins, where he also cheats with the emphasis) Mika does that even in English sometimes, but I can't remember Doriand messing around with the emphasis, or does he? And I don't think Doriand knows so many oum words from the Arabic world.

The only double meaning I could find so far is the septième ciel part, but being in an elevator ascending to seventh heaven because you're having sex would work in English as well. Am I missing other deep lyrics/word jokes?

I'm a bit confused by the 'screaming' part because that gives the song a serious not all of a sudden that doesn't seem to fit the silly boum boum boum. Still, it is probably my favourite part of the song, since I like that bit of drama :thumb_yello:

To tell the truth I can easier imagine lyrics like this coming from Mika than from Doriand but on the other hand I don't know much about Dorian, lol!

The screaming part is totally my favorite part :swoon: It's the part that makes me love this song.

Has anyone written a full English translation so far?

I think we defo need one now! :naughty:

Yes, please! :blush-anim-cl:

I'd rather have it from a native speaker, possibly :-)

Oh you're more picky than les bourgeois du 16éme

:floor:

So, if I wait one more our will I be able to purchase it?

I don't know how Itunes works XDXDXD

*gone to look for a credit card

Edited by Elwendin

i hate the female voice.

i think it's too much "boom boom boom".

i love the middle part, where he starts singing higher and higher. :wub2:

no comment on the text. :aah:

as a french single, like emd, it's fine - but i hope it's not representative for the album. :mf_rosetinted:

oh, and thanks to kanni, i finally know now what other song it reminds me of - "spice up your life" by the spice girls! :fisch:

Edited by mellody

i hate the female voice.

i think it's too much "boom boom boom".

i love the middle part, where he starts singing higher and higher. :wub2:

no comment on the text. :aah:

as a french single, like emd, it's fine - but i hope it's not representative for the album. :mf_rosetinted:

Finally someone can clearly write what I am feeling about this song :naughty:

I would like it so much if only I didn't hate several things about it!

Thanks, Sylvie and Raya.

But honestly... what's so terrible? Surely there are plenty of songs that are even more explicit than this? Or is it because it's Mika singing rather explicit lyrics that you don't like them? :blink:

Even though I wish I could sing along to it, I can't help it, I love the song -- it's catchy and summery and fun and I know I'm going to be playing it on a continuous loop until my husband threatens divorce! :naughty:

To answer your question:

I'm not 'angry' but I really don't like the lyrics. It's got nothing to do with Lollipop. It may be the same theme but the way the message is conveyed is completely different. Lollipop lyrics are very smart.

Basically, the lyrics are absolutely plastic to me... I know Mika as someone that has varied vocabulary... It's not about the fact that it's explicit, it's the way the song is portrayed... Camille has said it well: the way that it's said is very beginner like and Mika, to me, is one of the most prolific songwriters I know... And Elle Me Dit was a way better song than this one, the lyrics were well chosen and everything fitted... And yes I do know that it's the Doriand guy that writes all of his french songs, but he still approves in a way right? I mean, I just heard the full song and I don't think Doriand knows Oum Kaltoum (very popular Egyptian singer by the way, she's astonishingly amazing) so Mika contributed... and he definitely wants to change his lyrics to something more commercial... Boom Boom bang ain't ma thang.

nope... not that i noticed, but we didn't hear the full song yet.

but in my head, it's not a woman :naughty:

Na anh this ain't a women :aah:

I see Fruit of the Loom in the French lyrics. Can't wait to find out the context of that.:naughty:

panties :teehee:

I confirm that he surely talks about the undies "fruit of the loom" (made in U.S.A.) haha :P

So, here's the whole translation in English, maybe some little mistakes, so forgive me in advance for that;)

No matter the place, the context

We always have a good pretext

To fall our " fruit of the loom " (boxerbriefs ! xD)

When you and I make bang bang bang

When are you not there I make stupid things

I take … of tequilas

I sing the songs of Oum Kalthoum

I think only in of our bang bang bang

And all the bourgeois of the 16th (of Paris) wonder why I love you

Not to need a zoom when you and I make bang bang bang

Bang bang, bang bang bang

Bang bang

Yesterday we were at your mom's she almost fell on the floor

When hearing from the dressing room when you and I were we're doing bang bang bangIn the elevator of the hotel we went on the 7th sky

We get rid of grooms when you and I make bang bang bang

All the bourgeois of the 16th wonder why I love you

We don't need a zoom when you and I make bang bang bang

Bang bang

When we received guests we couldn't resist

Between the tea and the Lookoums there’s still time to make bang bang bang

It is true that the walls have ears, that all the neighbors wake up

But this is the way we make love when you and I we make bang bang bang

And all the bourgeois of the 16th wonder why I love you

Not to need a zoom when you and I we make bang bang bang

To Love itself like that, it’s not vulgar

We always have a things to make, shelves make bada-bang

When you and I we make bang bang bang

Besides that, that always makes two

Furthermore of that done everything we want

It is as the knocks of Brahim Asloum

You plus I that makes bang bang bang

No need to go to rush about

Has more you there who makes me travel

See the coconut palms of Touloum

And all the bourgeois of the 16th wonder why I love you

Not to need a zoom when you and I we make bang bang bang

To Love itself like that, it’s not vulgar

We always have a things to make, shelves make bada-bang

Thanks for continuing! Really had no time this morning did the best I could :blush-anim-cl:

Overall I like the melody: if it was with very rich Mika lyrics coming out of his mouth I would have certainly loved it, but if I would have heard this from someone else than Mika, I would have had the same reaction about the lyrics and would have totally hated how the vocabulary is poor... I will still support Mika I mean come on, we all have opinions, and we all have ups and downs and that one for me is a down, there will surely be some ups I'm convinced :wub2:

Dude there are so many arabic references in this song :blink:

Edited by RayaBadran

need help please anyone know where i can download this other than itunes in am mp3 format?

might be available on amazon, they use the mp3 format for their downloads. :wink2: