Hello, hola, bonjour!

Becoming a member of the MFC is the most improbable thing I’ve done in years!

My love affair with Mika’s work started two months ago, when I discovered his music totally by accident. This past January, I was going through a low-motivation period at work and in life in general when one Saturday evening I turned the TV on and my brain off for an evening of junk culture: France’s The Voice.

I had no idea who the judges were because France is not my native country. Moreover, I’d been avoiding pop music since I was a teenager (pop music was not good enough for my intellectual aspirations, ahahah). The flamboyant guy with the foreign accent caught my attention. I found him delightful and wanted to know more about this Mee-ka. It all started there.

Now, Mika’s albums are an essential part of my collection, between Malher and Monteverdi. His music and shows are as fascinating as an opera. And, well, he’s just delightful.

By the way, his music has completely changed my mood. Just relax, take easy, and dance! So, in exchange, I wanted to show my support somehow, by becoming a member of this group.

I’m looking forward to seeing him live. The videos made available by his fans capture incredible moments. My favourites are: Origin of Love in Heaven, when he says “this is my statement and my thank you to the man I love”; Blame it on the weather, with Ida, in Seoul; Stardust acoustic in a synagogue in the USA; and Happy ending at Parc des Princes.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here :wink2:. You should watch all the vids in the thread I give you the link in a few minutes.

You know Mika did three concerts with the Synphony Orchester of Montreal and we will get a CD end of the year. Look into the threads of OSM.

Here you can watch wonderful vids which we all love very much

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28370

Hello, hola, bonjour!

Becoming a member of the MFC is the most improbable thing I’ve done in years!

My love affair with Mika’s work started two months ago, when I discovered his music totally by accident. This past January, I was going through a low-motivation period at work and in life in general when one Saturday evening I turned the TV on and my brain off for an evening of junk culture: France’s The Voice.

I had no idea who the judges were because France is not my native country. Moreover, I’d been avoiding pop music since I was a teenager (pop music was not good enough for my intellectual aspirations, ahahah). The flamboyant guy with the foreign accent caught my attention. I found him delightful and wanted to know more about this Mee-ka. It all started there.

Now, Mika’s albums are an essential part of my collection, between Malher and Monteverdi. His music and shows are as fascinating as an opera. And, well, he’s just delightful.

By the way, his music has completely changed my mood. Just relax, take easy, and dance! So, in exchange, I wanted to show my support somehow, by becoming a member of this group.

I’m looking forward to seeing him live. The videos made available by his fans capture incredible moments. My favourites are: Origin of Love in Heaven, when he says “this is my statement and my thank you to the man I love”; Blame it on the weather, with Ida, in Seoul; Stardust acoustic in a synagogue in the USA; and Happy ending at Parc des Princes.

Welcome to MFC Alex :huglove:

You described so well what he did to all of us :wub2:

And be ready for the best ever when you can see him live :swoon:

Have you heard this yet?

It made me cry the first time I heard it :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Hi Alex :welcomeani:

I don't know what I'm doing here either but it's too much fun to leave now :teehee:

:lmfao:

Thanks!

I love that old version of "Overrated".

I was so upset for not being in Montreal in February (I lived there for many years).

There will be a Montreal OSM Mika CD at the end of 2015 at least :wink2:

I'm just finding out something that appeals me: you travel the world to attend Mika's gigs. That a great idea! I'm loving this.

You have to have the time and the money though :naughty:

Most fans wait until Mika comes to their country

I'm just finding out something that appeals me: you travel the world to attend Mika's gigs. That a great idea! I'm loving this.

You have to have the time and the money though :naughty:

Most fans wait until Mika comes to their country

But we all dream of following him all around the world for sure :wub2:

Hello and welcome :welcomeani:

I love how Mika attracts all sorts with all tastes. Welcome to a very mixed bunch of fans. :thumb_yello:

Mika's Allsorts! :insane:

:mikadas:

Ain't it the truth!

I listen to classical and some opera, but most of my music tastes span from 1940s swing to contemporary, and lots of different types within that time period.

Not all of us, not yet. Montreal was as far as I've gone, and just my first gig in all this time. But what a first start!

Not all of us, not yet. Montreal was as far as I've gone, and just my first gig in all this time. But what a first start!

Hi Kezza, I would've killed to be in your shoes in Montreal, hihihi.

I still don't know France very well and Mika's gigs seem like a good excuse to visit around: vineyards in Burgundy and the beautiful Atlantic coast near La Rochelle. It's so tempting!

I still don't know France very well and Mika's gigs seem like a good excuse to visit around: vineyards in Burgundy and the beautiful Atlantic coast near La Rochelle. It's so tempting!

I will go to Rochefort which is about 1300 km from my place :wink2:

No killing me, okay? I had to bust my tail to get to that gig! :naughty: