Mika on Access Hollywood in US -- 2015

dcdeb

Mika has some interesting things to say about what's next for him in this interview. Be sure to watch until the end!

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mika-describes-new-album-no-place-in-heaven_video_2776737

What a great and thorough interview! He is so mysterious about the movies that he's in, I was laughing out loud. A "fashion-inspired big production movie" :lmfao:

And the big reveal at the end...if this debuts in Europe I see a trip on the horizon :naughty:

• Like 1

Mika has some interesting things to say about what's next for him in this interview. Be sure to watch until the end!

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mika-describes-new-album-no-place-in-heaven_video_2776737

Now he wants to write a Broadway show? Is there anything he can't do? BTW whatever happened to the book he was writing?

Thanks a lot for posting Deb !!  :wub: 

The interview is very interesting, especially he talks about Broadway show at the end.

I remember, he talked  "I'll make a musical show at my 30yr old" in the past.

can't wait !!! :fangurl:

• Like 1

What a great and thorough interview! He is so mysterious about the movies that he's in, I was laughing out loud. A "fashion-inspired big production movie" :lmfao:

And the big reveal at the end...if this debuts in Europe I see a trip on the horizon :naughty:

Indeed!

Indeed - this's really exciting!!! :-) Thanks for sharing this interview Deb - I love it !! And thanks to Lasher for the M&G outside in NYC - so nice to see you Kira, smiling besides MIKA! :-) It was a pleasure to have you by my right side, during the concert in Montreal 10.2, sooo happy you could meet MIKA now!! "and how old are you now, 64 ?" Haha - be careful MIKA, I'm soon there....

Love,love

me

Am I the only one who heard him specifically say that it was NOT what he would call Broadway theatre? :dunno:

I heard that too, you weren't the only one... 

Am I the only one who heard him specifically say that it was NOT what he would call Broadway theatre? :dunno:

:yeah:

Great interview! The interviewer sounded very enthusiastic about the album ("Good Guys" - "That's my favourite song on the album!"), I loved that. I also loved that it was in English :naughty:

Write a show? This makes me think of the theatre show he once said he would do at some point. If the show is in english, and he's gonna perform it himself instead of writing it for someone else, i'm looking forward to it! :biggrin2: but before those little details are clear, i won't get excited yet... :mf_rosetinted:

Now he wants to write a Broadway show? Is there anything he can't do? BTW whatever happened to the book he was writing?

He didn't say it would be a Broadway show.

That's right, he didn't actually say that. He just said he would write a musical show. I hope with all my heart it isn't in French or Italian, with it's opening in Paris or Milan. I  hope it's in English, with it's opening in The West End of London, or on Broadway.

I love the interview. He seems so relaxed and happy!

• Like 1

I went back and re-watched the video. He said more and more his shows were not traditional music concerts, but were evolving into something that resembles a show. "I wouldn't say a piece of Broadway theater, but definitely a piece of show... a piece of theater. So I think that the inevitable next step is for me to write a show. And so that's what I'm focusing on next year."

So no, he's not specifically setting out to write a Broadway musical. But he is going to write a theatrical style show.

Great news!... but a couple of weeks ago his favourite song from NPIH wasn't Ordinary Man??  :doh::dunno:  

Yes, I caught that, too. But I guess that can change -- my favorites change from day to day, too. Depends on my mood. :)

• Like 1

You are right. Whenever I think of a musical show I automatically think Broadway so that was on my mind. He didn't say Broadway show.

I went back and re-watched the video. He said more and more his shows were not traditional music concerts, but were evolving into something that resembles a show. "I wouldn't say a piece of Broadway theater, but definitely a piece of show... a piece of theater. So I think that the inevitable next step is for me to write a show. And so that's what I'm focusing on next year."

So no, he's not specifically setting out to write a Broadway musical. But he is going to write a theatrical style show.

He said " I'd like to write a musical show like TOMMY." in 2009 (?)