Why do you like Mika?

Gavkhar

Hey guys!

I am not for a long time here. And this is my first posting of a topic. But I was always asking myself a question why do I like Mika so much? Why after listening to his songs and knowing all his lyrics by heart can't I enjoy any other songs by any other singers? I can't even listen to them. They seem to me so meaningless and boring. Why does Mika's energy support me in happy and most sad periods in my life? Why why why? So why Mika?

Now I am sure I found the answer to this questions: because of sense (or meaningfullness - I'm not a native English speaker, that's why I'm not sure which word to use here). I mean that I can feel the deep sense in every lyrics of his songs. His songs make one to FEEL and THINK.

FEEL not only his emotions but also my ones, it is like at every moment in my life my soul finds the "corresponding" Mika's song and starts to sing it. Only few seconds later I usually realize that I'm actually singing. This is weird and at the same time indescribable feeling. 

THINK not only what Mika was going to say but it is like the whole new world is hidden beside his lyrics. It makes me think beyond the borders. I actually came to several new ideas for my research works while listening or singing Mika's songs.

Mika took a very important part in my heart forever. Mika is the whole world in one person!

And how after this emotions how can I listen to other singers who even sing songs written not by their own??

It would be great if you guys would share with me why you like Mika. It is really interesting! :wink2:

Edited by Gavkhar
  • Like 5

I don't know really what I can add to what you said, because for me it's exactly the same!!! Everything you said is what I feel!

And it's not only his songs that make me like him so much. He is the kindest person I know and has such a wonderful character and a golden heart. There's no one like him. That's why he's the perfect idol and that important part of my life.

• Like 2

In short I think it's just because he makes me happy. This might sound a bit weird but I find that if I'm already in a good mood I don't search out Mika songs half as much as I do when I'm feeling down. I still listen to him and enjoy it but it's when something is bothering me that I find myself specifically wanting to listen to Mika and not much else. It's actually happening now! I'm quite stressed about a few things and I've just put Mika on shuffle on itunes because I know that in half an hour I'll be feeling a lot more positive again. And he just seems like a wonderful person too.

• Like 2

All what you said counts for me as well really!

And not only his songs cheer me up every time I hear them (when I'm happy or sad), he's one of the nicest and sweetest people I know and only that would be a good reason to be my idol. :)

I hardly ever listen to other music then Mika, when I put on a cd, it's one of Mika.

He's just very important to me. :wub2:

• Like 2

I agree with all of you. Mika is such a lovely person, and it inspires me to try and be like him. His extraordinary and colorful personality has also helped me to find out who I am, and taught me to be more confident. 

Whenever I feel tired, I just listen to Mika, and then I come to school feeling like I've been drinking 10 cups of coffee. His music also relaxes me when I feel stressed. It's hard to put it into words. Mika and his music, not to talk about his amazing live performances, just makes me happy and I look up to him more than anyone else.  :wub:

• Like 2

Why I love Mika?  For me is Mika the only one singer/ songwriter/ musician who can express whole spectrum of emotions in his music. Nobody has for me so sad and depressing songs as him. Nobody has for me so colourfull and joyfull songs as him. Mika is the only one who came so close to my heart with his music. I love the way he creates his songs - contrasts, metaphors. I love his view on the world. I like the way he is fighting with bad things in his life - in this is he my inspiration. He is simply shining human being who has a big gift of sharing his energy with other people. :) ........  basically, these are my reasons

• Like 6

After more than 8 years of being a Mika fan, the reasons why I like him are so many, that I could fill a book with them. :naughty: First, it was just the song Grace Kelly. Then his album. The first concert I attended made me become a hardcore fan, and almost each of his gigs remind me why I still am. The music, the shows, the personality, the MFC community, the friendships, - the list is endless! ;)

• Like 6

I agree with all of you here.  Like many of you have said, Mika just has this ability to make people happy.  I will listen to Mika no matter what my mood is.  Although I do listen to other artists, Mika stands out from the others because of his playful melodies and his distinctive voice.  On top of that, he is my idol.  I am proud of him because, despite having a rough childhood, he has gone on to become majorly successful and an artist whom people admire.  I have gained confidence in myself as a result of the lyrics in his songs, and not many singers have had this effect upon me.

Not to mention the fact that I find him...well...rather attractive. :fangurl:

I could go on and on but I think this summarises my feelings.

• Like 7

What a lovely thread :Gavhkar :wub2: Thanks a lot for opening it :huglove:

I love Mika for a thousand reasons :wub2:

I love his voice, his songs, how lively and energetic he is on stage, how cute and sweet to his fans he is, his general attitude in life, his open mind, how happy he makes me feel every single day :fangurl:

He turned me into a creative person because he's an inspiration to me for drawing, writing, singing, taking pics so he keeps me happy and busy :wub2:

Also I owe him wonderful friends from all around the world , my beloved Mika fans family , such welcoming and caring MFCers whom I met online and at Mika gigs too :wub2: and they make me happy everyday too :wub2: I love when we do MFC projects for Mika :group_hug:

From Grace Kelly which made me feel at home and in love at first sight and hearing to everything he gets involved into has a special magical touch which gives me happiness :wub2:

An ordinary day becomes wonderful thanks to Mika, he can save the day even if it's a bad one, like my kids say to me:"You will always have Mika in your life" and it's true :wub2:

Collecting Mika things makes me happy too :wub2:

Meeting him was a dream come true and thinking about it always makes me happy :biggrin2:

I'm always happy with Mika news ,interviews (and translating them) , watching his videos, listening to new and classic ones :wub2: I'm also happy to watch him on TV because his true personality shines when TV is usually so fake and he's genuine and breaks into a fit of laughter that no one can resist :wub2:

He makes me happy when he shares bits of his life on twitter and instagram :wub2:

He makes me happy and totally hyper when a new song , a new video or a new CD is out :wub2:

To sum it up I love Mika because he's my Center of gravity :wub2:

• Like 8

There is something very unique about his songs. They don't all grab me in the same way, but the majority of them do. Mika is also a unique person who does seem to encapsulate the whole world. 

This is why I always wish he was still on top, in the UK and elsewhere. It is such a waste when people don't know what a wonderful singer, songwriter, and person, he is.

• Like 4

my oh my, this is a loaded question.  
There's a ton of reasons i love Mika (such as his brain, his creativity, his lyrics, his energy, i could go on), but i guess the biggest reason is his voice. It's certainly not because i'm generally a fan of pop music. He could pretty much sing anything and i'd enjoy hearing his low voice, his high voice and every octave in between.  
:mikalove:

Hey guys!

I am not for a long time here. And this is my first posting of a topic. But I was always asking myself a question why do I like Mika so much? Why after listening to his songs and knowing all his lyrics by heart can't I enjoy any other songs by any other singers? I can't even listen to them. They seem to me so meaningless and boring. Why does Mika's energy support me in happy and most sad periods in my life? Why why why? So why Mika?

:yeah:

i thought that after over 4 years it'd be different, but no.  Even when i listen to other bands i like i'm usually thinking of Mika.

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 6

If the question was: what you don't like of Mika? I would reply: nothing. I really like everything about Mika. Firstly, I liked him because of his sweetness and humility. Then I discovered his music and I liked him for his voice, his songs, his melodies, his lyrics. Then I also discovered his person and I liked him for his intelligence, his sensibility, his niceness, his class, his politeness, his character, his personality, his points of view, his arguments, his strenght, his relationship with the fans, his attitude on stage, his smile, his laugh, his creativity, his Art. I like Mika because all of this things and much more. :wub:  He's a very special Person & Artist. Nobody has ever captured my heart like him. He takes totally part of my life :wub:

Edited by ~TheLoveYouBreathe
  • Like 5

If the question was: what you don't like of Mika? I would reply: nothing. I really like everything about Mika. Firstly, I liked him because of his sweetness and humility. Then I discovered his music and I liked him for his voice, his songs, his melodies, his lyrics. Then I also discovered his person and I liked him for his intelligence, his sensibility, his niceness, his class, his politeness, his character, his personality, his points of view, his arguments, his strenght, his relationship with the fans, his attitude on stage, his smile, his laugh, his creativity, his Art. I like Mika because all of this things and much more. :wub:  He's a very special Person & Artist. Nobody has ever captured my heart like him. He takes totally part of my life :wub:

I couldn't agree more :wub2:

Why I love Mika?  For me is Mika the only one singer/ songwriter/ musician who can express whole spectrum of emotions in his music. Nobody has for me so sad and depressing songs as him. Nobody has for me so colourfull and joyfull songs as him. Mika is the only one who came so close to my heart with his music. I love the way he creates his songs - contrasts, metaphors. I love his view on the world. I like the way he is fighting with bad things in his life - in this is he my inspiration. He is simply shining human being who has a big gift of sharing his energy with other people. :) ........  basically, these are my reasons

oh my god- exact same!!! 

I like Mika for his voice and for his songs, of course. But I also like his charming smile and his loving glance. When I look at him smiling, I feel so happy, I can't see anything but the light that shines in his beautiful eyes! It's something I can't describe, it feels like warmth, sweetness, kindness and charm all together in just a few seconds. His smile has the power to cast a spell on me and I couldn't do without it. When I'm sad, when things go wrong I always think of him laughing and by magic everything is all right again, sadness turns into joy. This is why I like Mika, and this feeling grows every single day I live.

Thank you Mika! :)