Mika Fan Club in Aid of the UNHCR!

dcdeb

What a lovely idea... I've just found it but the link to "Just giving" seems like it don't work. I know that the end is tomorrow but I would have like to donate to this charity ☺

Can anyone help me? If I can't do it here I'll probably do it directly on the UNHCR website if I can... but to be honest, it would be nice to do it by the MFC ????????

Thank you ????

I wanted to donate even without this competition but I can't pay because I have no credit card. That makes me very sad. Can't I pay by mail or something? :(

Do you have a Paypal account? 

I wanted to donate even without this competition but I can't pay because I have no credit card. That makes me very sad. Can't I pay by mail or something? :(

I'm sorry I didn't see this  sooner -- I was away over the weekend. :( You could have perhaps had someone donate on your behalf -- several did that. Even though the competition is over, I'd be happy to help you with this if you'd still like to donate something. Just let me know.

So over 3600 euros raised - maybe we can make it 4000 even though the competition has finished

Yes, that would be great! The "official" final total was 3750, but it seems that YazzieK donated at exactly the same time I was adding a bit to round off the final number! :naughty:  So the total as it stands now is €3,769.60  -- not so very far from 4000! :thumb_yello:

And now comes the moment you've all been waiting for...

Late last night, the other moderators and I finalized the list of entries, making sure we assigned the correct number of tickets to each donor -- those non-Euro donations were tricky! :wink2:

In the end, we had 697 virtual tickets from nearly 150 MFCers!

WELL DONE!

Using the random number generator website random.org, I chose the two winners, who are... wait for it...

# 544 ~Wicky~

AND

# 98 Zel 

Congratulations to them! :hi5:

I'll be sending their details on to Team Mika, who will get Mika to personalize a poster and CD set for each of them ASAP! So ladies, please send me your details, such as mailing address and full name and the name you would like Mika to use when he signs the items for you!

:mikalove:

I want to extend a GIGANTIC THANK YOU to each and every one of you who participated in this campaign, either by donating or by spreading the word in some way! You all helped to make it a resounding success not just for the MFC but of course for the UNHCR and the refugees that they aid.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

MFC ROCKS!

:group_hug:

• Like 15

Congrats to Zel and Wicky :woot_jump:

And congrats to amazing MFcers on organizing and raising this amount and showing that like Mika they also want to make this world a better place to live in :hug:

You took the words out of my mouth, Anne

• Like 2

Congratulations Wicky and Zel! I hope you'll enjoy your prizes :wub2:

A special thank you to Deb for organizing and coordinating the successful MFC's campaign, which not only gives the refugees a concrete help, but also warms their and our hearts ❤️

Thanks all :group_hug:

• Like 2

So happy to read that I've won! The poster will get a nice place in my house, so I'm always reminded of this project (it makes me aware of how fortunate I am to grow up in a safe and 'warm' environment), the many people who supported it (MFC as a community) and the 'warmness' of Mika as person.

We've done an amazing job, just proud to be a part of this lovely community!

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

We are so fortunate to have Mika in our universe, lots of laughter and fun! Still cant believe I won coz the most I ever won was shampoo :doh:

Am glad to see more people aware of the plight of refugees. No one will ever become one unless most desperate to survive.

The friends made via MFC is beyond amazing! A HK fan I met on wechat is so sweet, she is taking me to Shenzhen show because I was nervous travelling to China alone from HK. The world just needs more Mika and love :hug:

• Like 6

by UNHCR Italia

In Libano i rifugiati sono stretti nella morsa del freddo.

20.000 famiglie rifugiate hanno urgentemente bisogno di aiuto e supporto per proteggersi da freddo e umidità. Ne hanno bisogno ora.

Il tuo supporto è fondamentale perché l'UNHCR possa aiutare tutte queste famiglie.

Questo inverno aiutaci a riscaldare i loro cuori e fai una donazione a UNHCR #WarmTheirHearths

Grazie!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note to let you know that Mika has signed the CDs and posters and they have been shipped to our winners.

Please let us know when you receive them, ladies! :thumb_yello:

• Like 2