Phenix Stories Mika Like / Dislike French interview, July 20, 2019

mellody

Maybe it's because I watched a 12 minute French interview without understanding much, but I think his eyes look stunning! :swoon::lmfao: 

Anyway at some point I think he tells the complete Annie Lennox / Dalai Lama story. And what does he say about "Die Frau ohne Schatten", apart from that he sang in it as a child?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mellody said:

Maybe it's because I watched a 12 minute French interview without understanding much, but I think his eyes look stunning! :swoon::lmfao: 

Anyway at some point I think he tells the complete Annie Lennox / Dalai Lama story. And what does he say about "Die Frau ohne Schatten", apart from that he sang in it as a child?

Waiting for the translation too 😂

1 hour ago, mellody said:

And what does he say about "Die Frau ohne Schatten", apart from that he sang in it as a child?

Nothing new, only that he performed in that opera when he was 9 y.o. and from that moment he got the "red-golden" virus ( the colors of a theater). 

• Thanks 1

He talks about the twins who taught him the piano, one for the right hand, one for the left hand.

He explains that in the first film "The greatest showman", he was the one who had to write the music.
And that for the moment he is not yet ready to write for musicals even if he has been asked several times; because for the moment real life is too absurd for him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Loo said:

He talks about the twins who taught him the piano, one for the right hand, one for the left hand.

He explains that in the first film "The greatest showman", he was the one who had to write the music.
And that for the moment he is not yet ready to write for musicals even if he has been asked several times; because for the moment real life is too absurd for him.

What does he mean by "first film", was there another version of that movie before the one with Hugh Jackman? I can't find anything about it on the web. :dunno:

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

What does he mean by "first film", was there another version of that movie before the one with Hugh Jackman? I can't find anything about it on the web. :dunno:

When the film was in preparation, there were several projects and the producer who had commissioned Mika left, so it didn't happen in the final version.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Loo said:

When the film was in preparation, there were several projects and the producer who had commissioned Mika left, so it didn't happen in the final version.

Ah, thanks! Maybe that's what "Century Man" would've been for, I had always wondered about it...

So does it seem from the interview that Mika was glad he didn't have to do it, or sad about missing this chance, or did he say he was glad only to cover his disappointment? 

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Ah, thanks! Maybe that's what "Century Man" would've been for, I had always wondered about it...

So does it seem from the interview that Mika was glad he didn't have to do it, or sad about missing this chance, or did he say he was glad only to cover his disappointment? 

He said that he even met Hugh Jackman in his lodge at the Oscars to talk about the movie project, but in the end it didn't happen. He said that he like only a few musical comedies ( West Side Story for ex. or Les Chansons D'Amour ). He found this project very hard to sell to the audience, too fake, and this is not something that he wants to take part of. So it seems that he is not regretting at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, krysady said:

He found this project very hard to sell to the audience, too fake, and this is not something that he wants to take part of.

I think he was was talking about musicals in general - hard to sell. When it's too "fake" it doesn't touch him and he can't work in project like this. Musical should be "fluent" (smooth), artistic (ex. West Side Story).

So maybe one day he will write a musical, but for the moment real life is more absurd for him.

• Like 5

On 7/22/2019 at 9:36 PM, krysady said:

He said that he even met Hugh Jackman in his lodge at the Oscars to talk about the movie project, but in the end it didn't happen. He said that he like only a few musical comedies ( West Side Story for ex. or Les Chansons D'Amour ). He found this project very hard to sell to the audience, too fake, and this is not something that he wants to take part of. So it seems that he is not regretting at all.

maybe he was out because Greg Wells was in? 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

maybe he was out because Greg Wells was in? 

It's possible, maybe one day he will tell the whole story. This shows how important are the questions during an interview, if more reporters would stop asking the same things again and again.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

INSTAGRAM

It's a video issued the 22nd of July.

Mika did not refused 'The Greatest Showman". He was in the first stadium of the project to write the music.

But with time the production team was replaced by another one and of course Mika couldn't continue.

You can find it all in this thread  (above).

• Like 1