2019 - Sept.15 @ Corona Theatre, Montreal :PICS / VIDS / REPORTS

Kumazzz

As I don’t take pics or videos during a gig, I don’t have anything to post...

seeing Mika after a 4-year drought was great. Lots of energy, loved the new songs, would have like more (or at least not the same old stuff) and show was too short.

still, it put me back on a Mika cloud!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, kreacher said:

Here’s my rambling mess of a report, much of it typed while waiting for the gig on Monday:

Sunday morning I didn’t want to get lost after leaving the bus station so I got to the venue by about 6:30am but no one was there yet. I decided to go hunting for places with WiFi and happened upon a grocery store with loose enough barriers that I could access it while sitting in the parking lot. Back to the venue and still no one so I went wandering some more & I accidentally found a pharmacy where I bought a warmer shirt (who knew Montreal was so chilly in September?!) then Atwater Market where I bought a couple things but got scared off by people speaking French at me, then to the canal. I saw a duck and some graffiti that said DEEE so I took that as a sign that I was where I should be. After some photos it was back to the venue and still no one, so it was off to the Starbucks for a wake-me-up drink and some breakfast. Venue check? Still no one there. My phone needed a charge so I went to a library (cuz I def don’t get enough library time back at home!) when it opened at ten and read a book in English for about 45mins. Finally when I checked the venue I found some there! It was Naomi and we had a nice time waiting and soon more fans joined us for a pleasant day milling around and chatting and people watching.

Promptly at 7 the security let us in, doing a quick bag check, and it was so smooth and easy and opposite of Brooklyn Steel. I was very impressed! Naomi and I tried to sort of position ourselves on either side of where Mika’s mike stand would be so neither would have the problem of his microphone blocking his face from our view. There was literally 0 barrier between audience and stage. I was unusually relaxed and happy and excited and not sweaty during the wait for this gig. I even enjoyed Kiesza more (not that I disliked her before, but she’s no Mika). 

Oh yeah Mika... well… where should I even start? I’ve been front row before but never in the centerish of a stage, especially at one as low as as this one. This night I think he was extra extra compared to NYC, but maybe I felt that way cuz of where I was.

Random thoughts about the songs, in no particular order:

Ice Cream was fun, a good opener. 

FACT: Dear Jealousy is pretty much the most perfect song ever. 

Tiny Love was wonderful ofc, I love the style and tempo changes now even though when I first heard they weirded me out.

During Big Girl he sat down on the stage’s edge right between Naomi and I. I could’ve so easily touched him but purposely leaned away cuz I didn’t want him to think I was touching him on purpose.

I swear he looked at me during Relax, and we def made eye contact during Popular Song…… what’s he trying to tell me? xD Relax was great, it’s a song I don’t usually record or take pics during but I got Mika and Max’s little jump together (sorry Max is barely in frame). Popular Song is always fun to sing along with. I’m so glad he’s been doing the album version with all the lyrics.

Elle Me Dit was fun and even it’s the one he did that I can’t sing along with I was happy he played it. 

Underwater was gorgeous as usual. I especially liked the lights at the beginning, they were coming down in blue green rays and looked like he was indeed underwater. Usually I only take note of the lights when they’re blinding but this effect was quite striking!

During Love Today he was on the floor and did some “interesting” “dance” moves, then he stood up. I usually never film that song but he was so close & I knew I may never get the chance like that again so I filmed it. Let’s just say when I showed it to my friend she said, and I quote, “holy sh*t… He was practically in your lap 😂 😂 😂 jesus... he’s such a hoe!!! 😆… holy mother of f*ck”.

He didn’t do Tomorrow which I definitely missed hearing. No San Remo either :(

I wasn’t too sure about Blue when I first heard it, but after hearing it more & his explaining it I love the lyrics.

Origin of Love is definitely a favorite of mine live, even still. He brought up Max and Wouter (drummer’s name?) and Tim for Lollipop and had them on the ground. While Mika was invisible behind the piano I used the chance to get better pics of Max and Tim then I ever had before. 

We Are Golden has been great to see, I haven’t checked for sure but I think he had only performed it a couple of the gigs i was at before the tiny tour. 

Grace Kelly was insanely fun, took no pics or vids during that but I trust others did. He closed with the reprise of Tiny Love and Stay High. Oh I will Mika, you ensured I will for weeks to come!

Oh yeah, I was saving talking about Happy Ending for last.... so he started out sitting down on the stage’s edge beside me and I had to film it. Then he got up and sang as usual, then he started trying to get people to be quiet and I knew what was coming. I must’ve muttered ‘oh my god, no no no oh my god he’s gonna do it’ about ten times. He was literally standing right above me when he sang the ending a capella. I’ve seen him sing like this a few times live before, but this was different. I started crying a little bit because the moment was so special and I was overwhelmed. Mika or his songs had never ever made me cry before, maybe tear up a bit but that’s it, but this time I had to take my glasses off and hastily wipe off tears of happiness before he started the next song. Please keep in mind I’m not one to cry easily, like I’ve never cried over a movie and i didn’t even cry after my cat of 16 years died until like 2 years later, so you know this f*cking moved me. 

I took a bunch of pics of Mika with the band bowing at the end. It made me so happy to get a great group pic of my own for Mikapedia!

He had promo in the morning and many many people were waiting so he didn’t make an appearance afterward. I felt especially gutted since I’ve never been more prepared to say something sensible (at least in my mind) to him and to give him a gift I was really proud to have found and to maybe even ask for pic of us or a hug since it was my 13th Mika gig and I never asked for either. But oh well, it was not to be...

How was it on Monday? Was it better? Did he went in the crowd?

As for me, yes even better Monday !!!!
He went twice in the crowd ! And the first time he walked a little to go and see the other side.

It was my first Mika shows ever and I feel so blessed it was in such a tiny venue ! I saw him after the show, and I have autographs for my kids ❤️ .

I'm still over there in fact ! ❤️ It's hard to return to "real life" after that...

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Milie said:

As for me, yes even better Monday !!!!
He went twice in the crowd ! And the first time he walked a little to go and see the other side.

It was my first Mika shows ever and I feel so blessed it was in such a tiny venue ! I saw him after the show, and I have autographs for my kids ❤️ .

I'm still over there in fact ! ❤️ It's hard to return to "real life" after that...

Omg! I hesitated to buy tickets for the two concert... I should take it, it was such a good venue for Mika! 

And now I missing it already! I hope he will come back 🤞🏻

I heard he will come back in february (?) to do the same big Revelation Tour show as in Europe.

So it will be bigger venue, as Videotron or Bell Center I think.
I'm afraid I won't like it as much as in Corona Theatre ! :( 

I'm so agree with you ! Again such a blessing to be able to see him so close to us in such an intimate place ! ❤️ 

4 minutes ago, Milie said:

I heard he will come back in february (?) to do the same big Revelation Tour show as in Europe.

So it will be bigger venue, as Videotron or Bell Center I think.
I'm afraid I won't like it as much as in Corona Theatre ! :( 

I'm so agree with you ! Again such a blessing to be able to see him so close to us in such an intimate place ! ❤️ 

For real? In February? It will be different in a big venue like bell center.... I saw him two times in a small venue, it’s very unique to be like 6 feet of him...  I was hoping too be closer to the stage but the friend who was coming with me was thinking I was a little bit crazy wanting to be in the queue one hour before the show...  next time I will do like I want...  

it fascinated me how the crowd is so respectfull between each other and with him.  Nobody was trying to jump on him or taking his clothes off like other music star and when he came down of the stage Sunday night everybody let him the space he needs and nobody was pushing each other to be closer.  It was very nice! But will it be the same in a larger venue? I don’t usually take standup tickets because I don’t want to be like one on top of each other fighting for my spot, but if the Mika fans are always like that I will think about it!

i just want to live it again.... it was so good 😍

17 minutes ago, izabeil said:

For real? In February? It will be different in a big venue like bell center.... I saw him two times in a small venue, it’s very unique to be like 6 feet of him...  I was hoping too be closer to the stage but the friend who was coming with me was thinking I was a little bit crazy wanting to be in the queue one hour before the show...  next time I will do like I want...  

it fascinated me how the crowd is so respectfull between each other and with him.  Nobody was trying to jump on him or taking his clothes off like other music star and when he came down of the stage Sunday night everybody let him the space he needs and nobody was pushing each other to be closer.  It was very nice! But will it be the same in a larger venue? I don’t usually take standup tickets because I don’t want to be like one on top of each other fighting for my spot, but if the Mika fans are always like that I will think about it!

i just want to live it again.... it was so good 😍

That's what I've heard from other fans, apparently he told this on an interview.

Oh My God for your friend ! LOL I was there 4 hours before the show Sunday and that's just because I had 6 hours by car to come. I would have been there earlier otherwise ! LOL
But luckily it was enough to be on the second row ! ❤️ 
On Monday I came 5 hours before and again : second row ❤️ 

The same for the respect !!! It was so amazing ! It was my first Mika's show ever and I just couldn't believe that I had my little space around me, with nobody pushing or even just touching me !!!! Just incredible !!!  
Some fans said it's really special here in Quebec ! I'm so in love with my country of adoption ! ❤️ 
In Italy, it's the worse apparently with people touching him with no respect or screaming all the time even when he asks silence to sing without microphone. 
France better than Italy, but far from being as good as here, from what I've heard.

I have no idea for larger venue ! I will try for sure if he really comes back this winter, but I'm pretty sure it won't be so magic...
From the second row, I could have touched him if I wanted ! It won't be the same in a big center ! LOL

But my god, yes : It was so good !!! 

Well...I haven't posted on MFC for a very long time 😊 but these gigs were so special to me that I just had to...When I heard that he was coming back to Canada and that my Canadian friends were going to be there (the Toronto and Calgary gang going over) I figured that -since I've been to most of his Canadian gigs over the years and see it as my second 'local' gig 😋- I simply had to!!! Any excuse to see the gang and get up to some of our usual shenanigans, and also see the Montreal girls who I haven't seen since 2009! 😄

The two shows were fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Mika was in great form, and especially during the second night I thought that he was in a great mood and had a fun, playful vibe to him. He seemed happy and relaxed. I've noticed this time round that he has grown a lot as a performer and seems so relaxed and comfortable on the stage, it's like he feels a lot better in his own skin and even though he was always great, I found him even better this time. I don't know how to explain it but for me it was a very real and clear feeling. Like he's matured as an artist and performer. 

I got a standing ticket for the first gig and a balcony front row seat for the second gig, and loved them both even though they were different. The advantage of the first night was that I had a great spot, 3-4th row in the center depending on how the crowd moved, etc, which -with the lack of barrier- meant that I was very close and had a great view of Mika. He came into the crowd for Big Girl as you know and then he was very close again, about 2 people far or so, which was good fun since he was going all out and so was everyone else around him. It was great to see that everyone was really respectful and nobody (that I saw anyway) tried to grab him, etc, which is what I would have feared if I'd known that he was going to do that! He seemed to enjoy his little stint right there in the middle of it all.  

The gig was absolutely fantastic, but I was a bit annoyed that he didn't do San Remo, since I've loved all the new songs that he's released (a first for me in a few years!!) and I was really looking forward to hearing them live...but the ones he did, I loved. Dear Jealousy is probably my favourite for now, I love the way his voice sounds in that one, but I also really like how he sounds in the San Remo recording  which is why I wanted to hear it live. When he left the stage for the last time I kept saying: " He'll be back in a moment, he hasn't done San Remo" but I stood there like a lemming and Mika did not come back out 😅😅 

He didn't come out after the gig which was disappointing, as it's been years now since I saw him last and during the last few London shows it was impossible to talk to him, so I was really hoping that he'd come out, but it was not to be.

The second night I didn't want to go through the whole queuing/stress of a standing ticket and wanted to have time to spend with my friends during the day so I got a balcony seat, which was front row center so also great views. Of course this time the view was more distant, but as a trade-off his mood seemed sillier and this gave a good chance to see the full picture and watch everything properly without missing out on the details and things going on in the sidelines...which is also nice. 

The gig was great, he killed the new songs, and once again I was disappointed at the lack of San Remo...but I guess I'll have to wait until next time! I did wish he'd do all the new ones instead of some old ones which I don't particularly care for such as Popular or Lollipop. On a slightly critical note (sorry Mika, it wouldn't be me if I didn't dish it out 😅) I preferred the way he did Happy Ending in the older/earlier days. I'm not that keen on the way he does it now, especially the end, as I preferred the old tune that he followed then..even if this is one of my favourites live! It was nice that he could do the last bit a capella though and that we could hear it, since the venue was so small. I love small venues and simple stripped back shows, they are definitely always my favourite Mika shows! 

After the second night he did come out and we had the chance to have a little chat, which was lovely as it had been years!!! He said it himself, that he hadn't seen some of us for so long, but that it was 'heartwarming' to see us again and that really made me feel all warm. I think that I'm in fangurl mode again big time after these gigs, hahaha!!! Unbelievable 😜

It was SO lovely to see the Montreal girls again after so long, although they look exactly the same as 10 years ago!!! All in all it was just an amazing few days which I will be revisiting and remembering for a long time now, as we had so much fun and such a great time as always. Until the next time! 😍

I didn't take any photos, and only took a few videos. but here are the ones that I did take:

15 September

Happy Ending

TOOL

Dear Jealousy

Stay High

16 Sept

Dear Jealousy

TOOL

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, sariflor said:

By the way, I'm a bit confused...is that song actually called Stay High, or is this still like a version of Tiny Love? I have no clue since it's so short and shares lyrics with Tiny Love 😔

I think it is just a riff on Tiny Love - though originally the song itself had 11 sections so maybe it's a part that didn't make it to the record

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, silver said:

And good to hear from you again.  Hope the London gig is as good.  Maybe if we pester him enough in the meantime, we can get him to do Sanremo - I like that one too.

Thanks! :) It's been a while! Yes, I hope London will be good, I'm sure it will though. I like that venue quite a bit. Yes, pestering for SR is in order now, haha :P  

1 hour ago, sariflor said:

Well...I haven't posted on MFC for a very long time 😊 but these gigs were so special to me that I just had to...When I heard that he was coming back to Canada and that my Canadian friends were going to be there (the Toronto and Calgary gang going over) I figured that -since I've been to most of his Canadian gigs over the years and see it as my second 'local' gig 😋- I simply had to!!! Any excuse to see the gang and get up to some of our usual shenanigans, and also see the Montreal girls who I haven't seen since 2009! 😄

The two shows were fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Mika was in great form, and especially during the second night I thought that he was in a great mood and had a fun, playful vibe to him. He seemed happy and relaxed. I've noticed this time round that he has grown a lot as a performer and seems so relaxed and comfortable on the stage, it's like he feels a lot better in his own skin and even though he was always great, I found him even better this time. I don't know how to explain it but for me it was a very real and clear feeling. Like he's matured as an artist and performer. 

I got a standing ticket for the first gig and a balcony front row seat for the second gig, and loved them both even though they were different. The advantage of the first night was that I had a great spot, 3-4th row in the center depending on how the crowd moved, etc, which -with the lack of barrier- meant that I was very close and had a great view of Mika. He came into the crowd for Big Girl as you know and then he was very close again, about 2 people far or so, which was good fun since he was going all out and so was everyone else around him. It was great to see that everyone was really respectful and nobody (that I saw anyway) tried to grab him, etc, which is what I would have feared if I'd known that he was going to do that! He seemed to enjoy his little stint right there in the middle of it all.  

The gig was absolutely fantastic, but I was a bit annoyed that he didn't do San Remo, since I've loved all the new songs that he's released (a first for me in a few years!!) and I was really looking forward to hearing them live...but the ones he did, I loved. Dear Jealousy is probably my favourite for now, I love the way his voice sounds in that one, but I also really like how he sounds in the San Remo recording  which is why I wanted to hear it live. When he left the stage for the last time I kept saying: " He'll be back in a moment, he hasn't done San Remo" but I stood there like a lemming and Mika did not come back out 😅😅 

He didn't come out after the gig which was disappointing, as it's been years now since I saw him last and during the last few London shows it was impossible to talk to him, so I was really hoping that he'd come out, but it was not to be.

The second night I didn't want to go through the whole queuing/stress of a standing ticket and wanted to have time to spend with my friends during the day so I got a balcony seat, which was front row center so also great views. Of course this time the view was more distant, but as a trade-off his mood seemed sillier and this gave a good chance to see the full picture and watch everything properly without missing out on the details and things going on in the sidelines...which is also nice. 

The gig was great, he killed the new songs, and once again I was disappointed at the lack of San Remo...but I guess I'll have to wait until next time! I did wish he'd do all the new ones instead of some old ones which I don't particularly care for such as Popular or Lollipop. On a slightly critical note (sorry Mika, it wouldn't be me if I didn't dish it out 😅) I preferred the way he did Happy Ending in the older/earlier days. I'm not that keen on the way he does it now, especially the end, as I preferred the old tune that he followed then..even if this is one of my favourites live! It was nice that he could do the last bit a capella though and that we could hear it, since the venue was so small. I love small venues and simple stripped back shows, they are definitely always my favourite Mika shows! 

After the second night he did come out and we had the chance to have a little chat, which was lovely as it had been years!!! He said it himself, that he hadn't seen some of us for so long, but that it was 'heartwarming' to see us again and that really made me feel all warm. I think that I'm in fangurl mode again big time after these gigs, hahaha!!! Unbelievable 😜

It was SO lovely to see the Montreal girls again after so long, although they look exactly the same as 10 years ago!!! All in all it was just an amazing few days which I will be revisiting and remembering for a long time now, as we had so much fun and such a great time as always. Until the next time! 😍

I didn't take any photos, and only took a few videos. but here are the ones that I did take:

15 September

Happy Ending

TOOL

Dear Jealousy

Stay High

16 Sept

Dear Jealousy

TOOL

Thank you very much for your report!!!!!!

And your videos are fantactic:fangurl:

I have to wait till the 10th of November for London gig. Small venue as well and I am sure it will be as wonderfull as Montreal :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

It's been a veryyyyyyyyyyyyy long time since Mika rocked my world, but he sure did!!! 

646573975_mikasept1520192.thumb.jpg.516d258d3a0b9ad2f27fa73c00ac51c1.jpg

It had been over 4 years since I last saw him perform. At first I wasn't sure if I would still feel the same way, but after the first song, it felt just right!

Since I didn't want to queue, I decided to join my friends on the balcony. The view was absolutely perfect and I didn't regret it.

When Mika first came on, we got up to dance and someone behind us wasn't happy about that. The guard came over and told us to sit.

Within a few minutes, Mika told everyone to "Get the f**k up" ... so we did! We were only following Mika's orders ....  🤣

A few pictures i took and also a video of Lollipop

This concert has definitely put me back in a Mika mood.  I guess the love was never gone, but it was dormant. 

For those of you who know me, I don't really enjoy the tv shows he's been doing. 

But since he's returned to the music, all i can say is....

I"M BACK BABY!!!!

Looking forward to the album! I can't wait! Guylaine xx

mika sept 15 2019 1.jpg

• Like 10

On 9/19/2019 at 10:05 AM, sariflor said:

By the way, I'm a bit confused...is that song actually called Stay High, or is this still like a version of Tiny Love? I have no clue since it's so short and shares lyrics with Tiny Love 😔

On 9/19/2019 at 10:10 AM, silver said:

I think it is just a riff on Tiny Love - though originally the song itself had 11 sections so maybe it's a part that didn't make it to the record

I wasn't sure at first, but I think it's a separate song -- it's listed on the album track list as being 3+ minutes long and if you listen, he does seem to be singing additional lyrics. :dunno:

track-list.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 9:12 PM, lemontine said:

Does anyone remember the set list for this show? Was it the same as the Brooklyn one, or did he sing some French songs?

@lemontine The set list was the same as Brooklyn's 9/13/19 show except he swapped out Tomorrow for Elle Me Dit.

Also, I have put photos from all four of the shows I attended into an album on my Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/dcdeb/media_set?set=a.10162285669545321&type=3

I think everyone should be able to see them. These are a few of my favorite photos from this show:

70505280_10162285685600321_6868304982987

71051941_10162285685475321_5475036782078

70505868_10162285685075321_3743653809142

71097884_10162285684960321_2599803339889

It really was the best show I've ever seen. Not just best Mika show, best show. Period. I know being right up front against the stage and feeling Mika's energy (not to mention sweat) had a lot to do with that, but to use a way overused word...  it was just amazing. :fangurl:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3