Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Every spring, in Chile, Brazil and Argentina. This year it's to the end of March.

Ah well, then maybe next year. For this year, if it's in March, it surely would already be announced.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

Okay never been in a proper relationship but isn’t Valentine’s Day just commercial why do you need a day to love your partner 

you should love them and every day 

Yes, sure, the economy makes its profit from it, especially certain branches and the flower shops make the most profit of the whole year on this day.

And I've also heard the comment a lot (mostly from men, but it could be women, of course): "I don't need Valentine's Day to give my wife something." But I heard something on the radio last year on Valentine's Day (I think it was last year) that also got me thinking: "The men who say they don't need Valentine's Day to give their wife something don't do it any other time during the year either". I think there is something to that.

(and of course this applies to all genders with any sexual orientation)

Anyway: I hope Mika has a nice Valentine's Day. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Prisca said:

"The men who say they don't need Valentine's Day to give their wife something don't do it any other time during the year either". I think there is something to that.

This is true, I can vouch for that personally :lol3:

But my husband is very attentive nonetheless, please don‘t get me wrong :lol3: just in a different way - his way, not a commercially or calendar driven one. 

• Like 3

So we're still not sure what he was (or is) doing in the Cotswolds. Family celebration, songwriting, other business? I thought this morning that maybe it's for Eurovision, but the other hosts didn't seem to be there, so probably not. Against songwriting speaks that we didn't see any instruments, microphones or anything like that. Against family meeting speaks that it was maybe a bit too quiet for that in his videos. :teehee: The cozy Valentine's date with Andy that I first considered doesn't seem very likely to me anymore since I saw he's in a house for 12 people. I hope they both had a lovely Valentine's day anyway. :wub2:

But where is he now? We got the news about the US dates yesterday, but no news about Mika's wherabouts since 2 days, he could be anywhere! :aah: :lol3:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, he sais it's Paris. Maybe Paloma's apartment. But I think that it's pre-recorded - like always :lol:

yes, I also think it's Paloma's apartment... isn't that the balcony where he has been putting the stickers on the helmet with Beauregard? At least looks similar. Maybe he visited his sister last week. Or it was recorded last year, as he says it's an "autumnal" day. :blink: On the symphonic gigs weekend, maybe? But from what I remember, the trees still had more leaves then. Or maybe I mix that up with the Amex gig? Lol!

It might explain tho why he says we can reply to his stories. We can't. But he was a bit tired that weekend... :teehee: I wonder if he'll do more with the playlists people make this time than he did the last time (which was:  nothing at all). "Can't wait to see it"? Not sure I believe him. :dunno_grin: Anyway it was fun making the playlist the last time, and will be interesting to review it nearly a year later, to see what I would change about it. It seems Mika's last Soundtrack of Empathy playlist is gone, so maybe that means he's working on it. Looking forward to hear what he has on it this time. "Reveal everything about yourself!" - will we learn something new about him through his playlist? Curious as to when he'll share it. 

Edit: And he has posted! :) Still can't see his playlist on Spotify tho.

edit 2: it's in his IG links. :biggrin2: I posted it on the new Soundtrack of Empathy thread I just created in News&Press.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

yes, I also think it's Paloma's apartment... isn't that the balcony where he has been putting the stickers on the helmet with Beauregard? At least looks similar. Maybe he visited his sister last week. Or it was recorded last year, as he says it's an "autumnal" day. :blink: On the symphonic gigs weekend, maybe? But from what I remember, the trees still had more leaves then. Or maybe I mix that up with the Amex gig? Lol! 

"Reveal everything about yourself"

Confuse the heck out of your fans about where you are, with a video that might be from today, last week or last year. :naughty:

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Hero said:

"Reveal everything about yourself"

Confuse the heck out of your fans about where you are, with a video that might be from today, last week or last year. :naughty:

I will post my playlist  Mikasoon. Maybe next month? You see, Mika? It's like this!

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Haha 4

It's weird, although he's been posting about the tourdates and the playlist earlier this week, it feels like he has disappeared. Dunno why... maybe because none of these posts is personal. Although the Soundtrack of Empathy could be, but even that post didn't sound very personal. Just something like wishing people a Happy Valentine's day on his Twitter or Instagram, as he often has in the past, or random stories, I miss that. He has also disappeared for quite some time last year after posting about the Soundtrack of Empathy. Like "send me your playlists so I can get to know you better", and then, nothing. Makes me wonder why. And if it's the same reason this time, or something else. Maybe he did meet up with Andy for Valentine's day and they're having a beautiful week together where they forget time and everything around them, after not seeing each other since December? :wub2: No idea if that has anything to do with the truth, but at least that's a lovely thought. :dunno_grin: Much better than some of my other thoughts that I get from some of the songs in his playlist, like "Murphy's law". I rather stick with "What a difference a day makes". :teehee: Tho I can understand if he's frustrated that some things in the world just keep going badly, despite his efforts to bring more connection and love to the world with his music and gigs. I just hope he never stops trying - the more bad things are happening in the world, the more we need his music and gigs, or even just this little connection through his posts & random stories, to be able to cope with all that.

But maybe that's just my own point of view on things. I'm a bit melancholic these days, and I miss him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

I can understand if he's frustrated that some things in the world just keep going badly, despite his efforts to bring more connection and love to the world with his music and gigs. I just hope he never stops trying - the more bad things are happening in the world, the more we need his music and gigs, or even just this little connection through his posts & random stories, to be able to cope with all that.

But maybe that's just my own point of view on things. I'm a bit melancholic these days, and I miss him.

I can't imagine what it must be like for most public figures right now, or over the past couple of years really. Not only must they be going through their own s**t, they also must feel an extra weight of responsibility toward their fans and patrons (at least the ones who care, anyhow).

I really appreciate Mika's brand of authenticity that I've seen so far on social media and in the press, where he's not afraid to show the cracks and the mistakes in what he's going through, although he always seems to have a bit of grace or humor to sprinkle in. :) But yes, I suppose it could be frustrating for him to see how even with so much potential in the world, it isn't always as forward-moving or accepting as he'd like it to be. I love hearing from him, but I think social media posts can only do so much for creating that feeling of community, even while it can be satisfying in the short-term. Maybe that's why he wants to hand it over to a dedicated content roadie for his upcoming tour? To make his fans/audience feel more included somehow? :dunno:

But you know, that could just be my melancholy side talking back. The world feels like a melancholy place these days, and I'm just realizing now that my playlist I posted is chock full of melancholy songs - funny how that works! :unsure:

(I also totally love the idea of him and Andy having a V Day getaway together. Although with how many plates Mika has spinning right now, I'm not sure that's the case!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aki Celeste said:

I love hearing from him, but I think social media posts can only do so much for creating that feeling of community, even while it can be satisfying in the short-term. Maybe that's why he wants to hand it over to a dedicated content roadie for his upcoming tour? To make his fans/audience feel more included somehow? :dunno:

I agree that posts on social media can never replace the feeling you get at a gig or when meeting him in person, neither for him nor for us. But it does help. I know how it feels to not hear from him for months, and that just gives me the feeling that he's not interested in keeping up the connection. Not saying it is like this, there surely are a lot of possible reasons for his absence - it's just how it makes me feel. But just saying "it's not the same, so I won't even try" would mean exactly that to me, that he's not interested. Buy my music, come to my gigs, but leave me alone the rest of the time. I don't think he is like this, I think that in fact he is interested in staying connected, and doesn't just do that to please us. I think tho that he has to feel that it's mutual, that also we are interested in hearing from him and aren't getting tired of his posts. He's not the type to gatecrash a party where he doesn't feel welcome.

It makes me happy to wake up to a post or story from him, and I also notice when nothing's there or when it's just advertising a certain thing, without a lot of emotions behind it. It makes a HUGE difference whether he's just posting tour dates or whether he's posting a video where he says "Can't wait!!!", with his whole face and body underlining his words. Of course it's too much if he does the latter every time. But just in general, artists move people by transporting emotions. I really really hope that he's not "handing over" anything from his personal social media (Instagram / Twitter) to a content roadie or content manager or anyone, because the fact that if he posts we can be sure that he posts himself is really important to stay authentic and keep up the connection, imo. But maybe the content roadie could take care of Mika's Tiktok... Creating and posting content definitely is a lot of work, and I'm happy if Mika manages to keep up with just one of the social platforms - so Tiktok could just be like his Facebook or Youtube, where he has other people posting for him. As long as they don't pretend it's him who is posting while it's not - that would be the worst. He can post videos or pix by the content roadie on his Instagram tho, and add his own point of view in the text. That's how I feel included. If he shares his views and values and just is his authentic self, on stage as well as on social media, and I get the feeling that he wants to stay connected. Not by some content produced by someone else about him. Tho I certainly don't mind that in addition. :biggrin2:

• Like 1

I know what you mean with having the feeling he disappeared for a little bit, but it could also be because of good things! Maybe he is currently attending a song writing workshop kind of thing in the Cotswolds and is enjoying a bit of time with friends in the UK :wink2: all is possible!

And then he suddenly posts a random story from a place where we have to guess where that is :lol3:

• Like 3

Well, look at what he's dealing with:

- writing and recording new music (deadlines!)

- preparing for the RoS tour

- preparing for Eurovision (language revision:teehee:)

- preparing for the festivals

- preparing for TMP tour

- presumably still working on the camel thing, and the soundtrack (might be connected, might be 2 separate things)

Plus trying to squeeze in romantic time with Andy, seeing the girls, etc...  I think we can forgive him not being on SM every day. 

I agree though, the personal updates are lovely. Good job we have an ace up our sleeve! @Prisca please could you whisper in his direction? :flowers2: 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

I agree though, the personal updates are lovely. Good job we have an ace up our sleeve! @Prisca please could you whisper in his direction? :flowers2: 

Dear Mika, :bye:

We were very happy to see that you have made a new play list and keep posting new concert dates. :yes:

But we would also appreciate something personal where you say hello, where we can guess where you are and with your girls or preferably all three things. :glasses:

Can you please post something like this on Twitter or Instagram? :original:

:puppy_eyes:  :pray:

:fairy:

grafik.png.68245a202fb6020a49bf96174fcff5ee.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3