Mika's outfits for The Rite of Spring 2022, by Mira Mikati

mellody

Thought I'd open an extra thread for Mika's special outfits by Mira Mikati, as they're artwork on their own. :wub2:

Stories by @ miramikatistudio on IG, hashtag #miraformika

Screenshot_20220414-174043_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220414-174058_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220414-174102_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220414-174108_Instagram.jpg

And post by @ miramikati

Love this collab! :mikalove: My fave is the one with the rainbow and palm tree, saying "You are here" and "Heaven" :swoon:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• mellody changed the title to Mika's outfits for The Rite of Spring 2022, by Mira Mikati
8 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I was wondering about that… because she is currently making these and are similar to what he is wearing right now for the North American tour.

This means that these outfits will be made for the European festivals? Ohhh!!! 

That makes sense, the photos for the European festivals used the same imagery as the North American FTROS photos. I imagine they'll have the same concept and artistry, even if they're not officially titled FTROS (except the London gig was, but that could have been a mix up with the photos). I think the next big concept change will be for TMP tour in Italy. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I was wondering about that… because she is currently making these and are similar to what he is wearing right now for the North American tour.

This means that these outfits will be made for the European festivals? Ohhh!!! 

I am sure Mika needs more than one item of each outfit. And the cape is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!

And maybe he will need them for European and Magic Piano concerts too?

EDIT: I realized that this is a man on the photo (look at his arms!). It may be Mika on a photo taken when he was in London.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am sure Mika needs more than one item of each outfit. And the cape is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!

And maybe he will need them for European and Magic Piano concerts too?

I agree with @Hero, I can imagine he will have new outfits and concept for the Magic Piano Tour.

And you could also be right: maybe not all of the pieces were ready when he left for the tour, so she is sending these as a second charge. Who knows! Either way I’m very curious about the rainbow cape in the designs. It will be even more beautiful than the one he is already using! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I agree with @Hero, I can imagine he will have new outfits and concept for the Magic Piano Tour.

And you could also be right: maybe not all of the pieces were ready when he left for the tour, so she is sending these as a second charge. Who knows! Either way I’m very curious about the rainbow cape in the designs. It will be even more beautiful than the one he is already using! 

Have you seen my EDIT added to my post?

9 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

EDIT: I realized that this is a man on the photo (look at his arms!). It may be Mika on a photo taken when he was in London.

11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Very true; so maybe she is now posting it, because the tour has started :thumb_yello: and Mika does have everything with him already.

Nina has posted a video from Toronto where Mika says that the whole tour is called Rite of Spring, also the European gigs (I linked to it on the Toronto reports thread). So yes, we'll get the same show and he might need a few of each piece - don't think you can just put that cape into the washing machine and dryer overnight. :naughty: But also in the drawing it's rainbow coloured, I wonder if the finished piece will be? Would be perfect for Disneyland Pride! But I was also wondering, what about Eurovision? He talked about a spectacular performance for it. On Mira Mikati's post about the fabrics I left a comment that I'm curious whether it's for the gigs or for Eurovision, she replied with hearts and a rainbow, and shortly after that she posted these new stories with the info "coming (REAL) soon" - so if she's giving hints the same way as Mika is, maybe that means it's for Eurovision? :dunno_grin: We'll see next month, lol!

• Like 3

Hmm, apparently it was even sooner than Eurovision - for Coachella! We didn't see the cape, but Mika added "Coachella looks" in the story of the cape that he reposted:

And the jacket has the Relax lyrics on the back!

Which makes me wonder, are the "you are here / heaven" from the other story also lyrics, from a new song? I think we haven't seen that piece of clothing yet?

• Like 4

The reels revealing the clothing are so awesome! I'm already working on a personal project based on a previous Mira Mikati outfit but now my brain is already thinking ahead to another 2 or 3 ideas! 😆

• Haha 2