Mika @ indeed 'Take Pride' LIVE! in New York, 6 June - with new song!

Kumazzz

17 minutes ago, krysady said:

Mika - Who's Gonna Love Me Now :wub2: 

@krysady Did you upload that video here?

I have the entire show recorded and was going to put all of the Mika segment online, but if you have it all already, then I won't go to the trouble of editing. Thanks!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I have the entire show recorded and was going to put all of the Mika segment online, but if you have it all already, then I won't go to the trouble of editing. Thanks!

I only recorded the new song, so please post the whole Mika part if you have it!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Oh, thank you Deb.

I tried to download the video from YouTube but I have a troubleshooting. So I give up if you already have the whole video.

I don't think any of us was prepared - caught us all off guard!

I need to run out for a few minutes now, but will get the Mika segments online ASAP when I get back home!

The replay is already online, too, if anyone wants to see the whole show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Getty images

https://www.gettyimages.ae/search/2/image?events=775821243

NY: 'Take Pride' Live! Presented By Indeed

(L-R) Amy Schneider, Victoria Monét, Terrell Grice, VINCINT, and Mika pose backstage during 'Take Pride' Live!

amy-schneider-victoria-mont-terrell-gric

Mika poses during 'Take Pride' Live! presented by Indeed at The Rainbow Room on June 06, 2022 in New York City.

mika-poses-during-take-pride-live-presen

Mika performs during 'Take Pride' Live! presented by Indeed at The Rainbow Room on June 06, 2022 in New York City.

mika-performs-during-take-pride-live-pre

mika-performs-onstage-during-take-pride-

• Like 1

People

https://people.com/celebrity/pride-month-2022-how-the-stars-are-celebrating/?slide=6359960f-5fcc-4fcb-89e0-39a80a837f23#6359960f-5fcc-4fcb-89e0-39a80a837f23

Pride Month 2022: How the Stars Are Celebrating!

MIKA

at a taping of Indeed's Take Pride Live! at N.Y.C.'s Rainbow Room.

Mika_Indeed.thumb.jpg.1fc2233cbdda1f3229982cb37fad6a46.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just rewatched this whole thing (the Mika part) a few days ago, as I had only seen bits and pieces of it so far - the new song of course, the interview (but only while I was on the train), Yoyo, but not all of it together. Who's Gonna Love Me Now was definitely the highlight, and his rainbow suit! :wub2: I also loved the interview - just at one point I was really annoyed about the interviewer, because he just interrupted Mika when he was talking about his emotions during Eurovision. :annoyed: Maybe he didn't want to hear about Mika's organs talking to each other, but I'd really have loved to hear what Mika wanted to say! Pretty sure that none of the people in the room, or even any of the viewers, had been on TV in front of 200 Million people, then Mika wants to share with us what it feels like and this guy just interrupts him! :facepalm:

Interesting also that Mika thinks everyone thought school was shit. Maybe with "everyone" he refers to the LGBTQ+ community, many of whom might have felt they needed to hide their sexuality at school? My experience is that most people loved school - except those who got bullied, like me. I guess I'd have liked school if it hadn't been for that, as I was pretty good at school before the bullying started... but obviously with Mika being dyslexic AND getting bullied, it's understandable that there was no fun part about it for him. Tho he also said that later he had a few really good teachers who helped him a lot, so I guess he also made the experience that school can be good, if you have the right people around you there.

Also loved what he said about the Pride parade, that he was so glad it exists, tho he didn't have the courage to go there. Just shows how important this visibility is, so young LGBTQ+ people can see they're not alone. :rainbow:

Btw, I've moved this thread to News & Press, as it's more a TV thing & interview, than a concert.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• mellody changed the title to Mika @ indeed 'Take Pride' LIVE! in New York, 6 June - with new song!
1 hour ago, mellody said:

just at one point I was really annoyed about the interviewer, because he just interrupted Mika when he was talking about his emotions during Eurovision. :annoyed: Maybe he didn't want to hear about Mika's organs talking to each other, but I'd really have loved to hear what Mika wanted to say!

I agree, I think he interrupted him due to the very short amount of time they had (I mean when Mika is on a roll he can TALK :lol3: I certainly don’t mind, but an interviewer with a very tight schedule has to cut him short…). Although at some points he was being sharp and going “oh don’t go too artistic on me”. 

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Maybe with "everyone" he refers to the LGBTQ+ community, many of whom might have felt they needed to hide their sexuality at school?

I think he means everyone in general, not just the LGBTQIA+ community. Everything has its own issues and problems, school often is one of them!!! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Although at some points he was being sharp and going “oh don’t go too artistic on me”.

Yes, that is what I meant, when Mika talked about his experiences at Eurovision.