Yo Yo news and remixes - Mika's new single May 2022

mellody

As we never had a news thread about Yo Yo, I'm starting one now, where we can collect all the news & info. There still are news, Mika just posted on his Instagram that a new Remix of Yo Yo will be out this Friday, 24 June!

The music video isn't news anymore now, but still great to watch:

For discussions about the lyrics and the song, please visit this thread in the Music&Artwork section of the forum:

• Thanks 1

• mellody changed the title to Yo Yo news and remixes - Mika's new single May 2022

Damn. I like the energy and how the music builds to a crescendo in places, it definitely is more upbeat for dancing, but...  there are too many space ship noises for me. Its like someone got an electronic keyboard and wanted to use every sound effect. Is that a train horn?? The space invaders artwork makes more sense now though. Pew, pew-pew! 😆 

Having said that I'm on my 8th listen. 😅

Who did the remix, do we know?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Hero said:

Damn. I like the energy and how the music builds to a crescendo in places, it definitely is more upbeat for dancing, but...  there are too many space ship noises for me. Its like someone got an electronic keyboard and wanted to use every sound effect. Is that a train horn?? The space invaders artwork makes more sense now though. Pew, pew-pew! 😆 

Having said that I'm on my 8th listen. 😅

Who did the remix, do we know?

The remix has been done by R3HAB a Netherlands DJ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R3hab

Well. Some parts I like a lot. And some parts not too much.

I would prefer to keep this mesmerizing drums rhythm during the whole song. In some parts where Mika sings it's like a sound hole and something is missing.

But I think it will sound good in clubs.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I tried to play it with different speed.

You can change it as I marked on the screenshot.

I like the speed 0,75 :thumb_yello:

On 1,25 it's so funny :lol3:

image.thumb.png.fa60bcf76a61235032ee682cb9366a01.png

I didn't know you were into experimental music. :lmfao:

OMG just listened to it on x2 speed.

:floor::floor::floor:

Edited by Hero
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hero said:

I did this too and it's hilarious, may have to try this with other well known songs! 😆

Not really a fan of remixes, don't really like this one, R3HAB's voice is quite deep, not sure it really goes with the vibe of YoYo :dunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hero said:

I didn't know you were into experimental music. :lmfao:

I did it too and my laptop looks like it's going to explode.:insane:

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't think it's R3HAB's voice - it's Mika's voice but in "slow motion" :wink2:

Really?! It really doesn't sound like him at all. Slow motion Mika voice is a bit creepy! 😆

• Haha 2

i think the new remix is alright, i can imagine myself listening to it every so often. i'm glad it's not nearly as long and repetitive as many remixes are & i'm glad they didn't make the song barely recognizable. hopefully club DJs will play it often and everyone will get exposed to Mika and dance a lot

9 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I tried to play it with different speed.

You can change it as I marked on the screenshot.

I like the speed 0,75 :thumb_yello:

On 1,25 it's so funny :lol3:

image.thumb.png.fa60bcf76a61235032ee682cb9366a01.png

i only found out trick about this today. it's amazing! i just watched the remix at all the speeds, GK @ the indeed concert super slow, and BIOTG live@home super fast. i kinda don't want to watch Mika at normal speeds ever again :teehee:

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for a new tune to play on the jukebox this summer? MIKA has you covered with his new single Yo Yo! Now available on all of our jukeboxes #MIKA #NewMusic #TouchTunes

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Twitter

Mika’s new single “Yo Yo” is the perfect song to put on while grabbing a drink with friends this summer!

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf7I_1Trh5i/

MIKA’s new single “Yo Yo” is the perfect song to put on while grabbing a drink with friends this summer! #MIKA #newmusic #touchtunes