Mika as a judge for "The Piano", Channel 4 UK, 2023

Kumazzz

Channel4

TV guide on 2023 / 02 / 15

https://www.channel4.com/tv-guide/2023/02/15

• Wed 15 Feb
  • 9:00 pm - 10:00pm

New : The Piano

Claudia Winkleman hunts for Britain's best amateur pianists, by scouting unsuspecting ivory-tinklers playing public pianos in train stations across the country, starting in London. (Ep 1/5) [Also in HD]

channel4_com.thumb.png.02617272cf417441e072650652e0d3b4.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Channel4

TV guide on 2023 / 02 / 15

https://www.channel4.com/tv-guide/2023/02/15

• Wed 15 Feb
  • 9:00 pm - 10:00pm

New : The Piano

Claudia Winkleman hunts for Britain's best amateur pianists, by scouting unsuspecting ivory-tinklers playing public pianos in train stations across the country, starting in London. (Ep 1/5) [Also in HD]

channel4_com.thumb.png.02617272cf417441e072650652e0d3b4.png

I have created an account on All 4 Internet channel (registration).

Using my VPN I can watch the program.

I will try now without the VPN.

EDIT: without the VPN it doesn't work.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/31/2023 at 1:32 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I usually stick to the same TV mag every week, but next week I might just buy a few different ones just to see any images and interviews with Mika! 😅

I did it! 😁

20230207_131721.thumb.jpg.a04d84174c7ec52f6aa02e2f635f97ac.jpg

They all say similar things about The Piano, Claudia is the one who answers most of the questions though.

Loved this little extra in the Radio Times, now we know where Mika got inspiration from when he collaborated with Vianney :teehee:

20230207_132259.thumb.jpg.e2e9b2a04025d3c33fcfb09f475968da.jpg

For anyone who can't read the text in the above image:

What I'm streaming:

Mika: "I've managed to catch up on Sex Education." says the musician and star of the new Channel 4 series The Piano. "It's just brilliant. I'm 39 years old now, but I wish that programme had existed when I was 15, because I'd be a hell of a lot less messed up and I would have made fewer mistakes in my own sex life."

I could do the text for the main articles but it would probably take me a long time, I'll see if they're online anywhere!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Unfortunately I didn't got this PDF file yet... :no:

Radio Time
11 February 2023

Radio_Time.thumb.jpg.a9cddcdd1205ae9f086054b3f932dc4e.jpg

page 28 + 29

For my next trick…

Claudia Winkleman is attuned for success. But can Bake Off for pianists be a hit?

Claudia Winkleman has presented some of the most successful TV shows of recent years, from Strictly Come Dancing and The Great British Sewing Bee to The Traitors – but apparently, she still doesn't know what will become a hit.

img?regionKey=3GXZ9RcqjK5RUa97Y7zZzQ%3d%3d  

1291152980_Radio_Times_2829.thumb.jpg.5ca636318e7072219c10e75cf5a79993.jpg

page 43

https://pressreader.com/article/287569544196633

WHAT I’M STREAMING

MIKA

“I’ve managed to catch up on Sex Education,” says the musician and star of the new Channel 4 series The Piano. “It’s just brilliant. I’m 39 years old now, but I wish that programme had existed when I was 15, because I’d be a hell of a lot less messed up and I would have made fewer mistakes in my own sex life.” Series 1—3 of Sex Education are available on Netlflix now.

For more on The Piano (Wednesday 9pm Channel 4), see page 28.

43-.jpg.fe0bcae89aa7444325dfe127738dc07d.jpg

43.thumb.jpg.036d52f7cb9c47b2f2e82a6e2f9436b7.jpg

page 88

The Piano

9.00pm C4 Catch up via All 4

KEYS TO SUCCESS Host Claudia Winkleman with the St Pancras piano

Following The Traitors, anyone who now finds themselves with Claudia Winkleman as she reveals a twist to a group of strangers might feel worried. But The Piano’s reality TV hopefuls needn’t fear — today there’s music, not murder, on her mind.

Instead of a Scottish Castle we’re in London St Pancras train station, where a piano has been set up for members of the public to play on. They don’t realize that as Claudia keeps them busy, behind-the-scenes they’re being judged by international pop star Mika and classical pianist Lang Lang, who’ll pick one lucky ivory-tinkler to perform in a special concert at the Royal Festival Hall.

Despite coming from the makers of a certain C4 baking show, “The Great British Plink Off” this isn’t — in fact, there’s no jeopardy at all. The contestants don’t know they’re competing until Claudia says so, and it feels more like a gentle documentary than a contest. Still, it’s nice background music.

radio.jpg.2e2873f36f21d36871eb4cbf2528edf2.jpg

Radio_Times_88.thumb.jpg.720d20ab92419873b20d6ac49156c238.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoX7CvrLkOA/

Only ❤️ all round… and a 🎹

Very excited for a new adventure The Piano from the 15th of February 9pm on @channel4 !!! 🙌🏽🤓😎❤️

#thepiano #mika #langlang #claudiawinkleman #loveproductions

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Unfortunately I didn't got this PDF file yet... :no:

Radio Time
11 February 2023

Radio_Time.thumb.jpg.a9cddcdd1205ae9f086054b3f932dc4e.jpg

page 28 + 29

For my next trick…

Claudia Winkleman is attuned for success. But can Bake Off for pianists be a hit?

Claudia Winkleman has presented some of the most successful TV shows of recent years, from Strictly Come Dancing and The Great British Sewing Bee to The Traitors – but apparently, she still doesn't know what will become a hit.

img?regionKey=3GXZ9RcqjK5RUa97Y7zZzQ%3d%3d  

1291152980_Radio_Times_2829.thumb.jpg.5ca636318e7072219c10e75cf5a79993.jpg

page 43

WHAT I’M STREAMING

MIKA

“I’ve managed to catch up on Sex Education,” says the musician and star of the new Channel 4 series The Piano. “It’s just brilliant. I’m 39 years old now, but I wish that programme had existed when I was 15, because I’d be a hell of a lot less messed up and I would have made fewer mistakes in my own sex life.” Series 1—3 of Sex Education are available on Netlflix now.

43-.jpg.fe0bcae89aa7444325dfe127738dc07d.jpg

43.thumb.jpg.036d52f7cb9c47b2f2e82a6e2f9436b7.jpg

page 88

The Piano

9.00pm C4 Catch up via All 4

KEYS TO SUCCESS Host Claudia Winkleman with the St Pancras piano

Following The Traitors, anyone who now finds themselves with Claudia Winkleman as she reveals a twist to a group of strangers might feel worried. But The Piano’s reality TV hopefuls needn’t fear — today there’s music, not murder, on her mind.

Instead of a Scottish Castle we’re in London St Pancras train station, where a piano has been set up for members of the public to play on. They don’t realize that as Claudia keeps them busy, behind-the-scenes they’re being judged by international pop star Mika and classical pianist Lang Lang, who’ll pick one lucky ivory-tinkler to perform in a special concert at the Royal Festival Hall.

Despite coming from the makers of a certain C4 baking show, “The Great British Plink Off” this isn’t — in fact, there’s no jeopardy at all. The contestants don’t know they’re competing until Claudia says so, and it feels more like a gentle documentary than a contest. Still, it’s nice background music.

radio.jpg.2e2873f36f21d36871eb4cbf2528edf2.jpg

Radio_Times_88.thumb.jpg.720d20ab92419873b20d6ac49156c238.jpg

Radio Time
11 February 2023

RadioTime.thumb.jpg.bac1a4f050d1de2509b6ba3296ff97b3.jpg

page 43

WHAT I’M STREAMING

MIKA

Radio_Times_-_February_1117_2023-1_page-0003.thumb.jpg.629c7b2caec108cd687f9695df0e39b3.jpg

• Thanks 1

Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11718663/Claudia-Winkleman-admits-no-idea-makes-hit.html

Claudia Winkleman admits she 'has no idea' what makes a show a hit

'You can never take anything for granted': Claudia Winkleman admits she 'has no idea' what makes a show a hit after surprise success of The Traitors

Published: 00:05 GMT, 7 February 2023 | Updated: 00:36 GMT, 7 February 2023

Claudia Winkleman has revealed that she isn't sure what makes a show a success. 

The presenter, 51, has worked on hit shows such as Strictly Come Dancing, The Great British Sewing Bee and The Traitors but admitted she had no clue that they'd grab the public. 

On whether she has any indication to whether her new show The Piano will do well, she told Radio Times: 'I have absolutely no idea. Of course not.' 

After it was suggested that her latest show, The Traitors, was a hit due to its 'unpredictable format', Claudia mused: 'I hope so. I don't know. I hope people watch The Traitors because it's a good game.

'I hope people will watch The Piano, but you can never take anything for granted.'

'You can never take anything for granted': Claudia Winkleman has admitted she 'has no idea' what makes a show a hit after surprise success of The Traitors

Channel 4 series The Piano sees talented amateur pianists invited to play on public pianos in train stations across Britain, sharing their stories and music with the public.

Yet they're unaware they're being watched by classical pianist Lang Lang and musician Mika, who will pick one player from each train station to perform in a special final at The Royal Festival Hall in front of an audience of thousands. 

On whether she's ever been tempted to reveal the outcome of her shows, she quipped: 'Well, I'm 51 so I can't remember most things. That's very helpful.' 

Sharing an anecdote from filming, Claudia revealed that a member of the public saw her filming and mistook her for Davina McCall, a regular occurence, with Claudia then signing their book under the pretence of being the Big Brother star. 

Meanwhile, Mika was shocked by the amount of contestants who didn't have access to a piano growing up.

'Access to music education is massively important; it's not a frilly extracurricular thing,' he said. 'It doesn't matter what kind of school you go to; it should be a fundamental part of education.'

It helped the Grace Kelly hitmaker during his childhood after he went through trauma that saw him stop talking for a year - communicating solely through music.

'I had issues. Real trauma,' he explained. 'I was so poorly that I stopped talking, but I played piano the whole time.'

67380977-11718663-image-a-7_1675698735462.jpeg.738543d9c18f84985c10b98da016c491.jpeg

New project: Claudia's new show The Piano sees talented amateur pianists invited to play on public pianos in train stations across Britain, unaware they're being watched by classical pianist Lang Lang (right) and musician Mika (left)

dailymail7february2023_.jpg.4dae55438ec2dc6746802f3be7e48974.jpg

• Like 1

The Scotsman - 8 Feb 2023

Pressreader https://pressreader.com/article/282149295470593

‘This has never happened in the classical piano world’

Channel 4’s The Piano, hosted by Claudia Winkleman, is on the lookout for a star pianist. It’s both inspiring and a tearjerker, finds Gemma Dunn

If you’ve spotted – or even stopped to watch – a stranger tickling the ivories at a train station, you’ll likely be aware of the growing “street piano” phenomenon.

It refers to the practice in which a piano is placed in a public area, with the sole aim of encouraging passers-by to stop and play for free – a trend that has become so popular in recent years that the brains behind The Great British Bake Off (Love Productions) has tapped it up for its latest show.

The Piano, set to air on Channel 4, hosted by Claudia Winkleman, invites talented amateur pianists to play on pianos across the UK, sharing their stories and music with the great British public.

What the budding musicians don’t know is that two of the most acclaimed and successful performers in the world – Lang Lang, who is widely regarded as the greatest classical pianist of the modern era, and Mika, the platinum selling pop superstar – will be secretly watching.

Far from the “documentary” they’re being sold, the performers have been taking part in a secret competition, with the best contestants chosen to perform in a concert at the Royal Festival Hall.

It’s a nationwide search that Winkleman and her two costars were only too happy to lead.

“I love Love Productions – I think everything they make is brilliant,” says 51-year-old Winkleman of the production company which is also responsible for The Great Pottery Throw Down and The Great British Sewing Bee.

“We had a chat in 2019 before Covid, and Richard [Mckerrow, co-founder and creative director of Love Productions], said: ‘Do you like the idea of people playing, but they’re not on a pedestal, there aren’t big lights, there isn’t a ta-da moment. It’s just very authentic, small and we’ll see how it goes?’

“But then he said, ‘We’ve got Mika and Lang Lang’. I was like, ‘I’m on a train to Glasgow, or wherever you need me!’”

Mika was called in at an early stage, when the premise was simply “An idea, a desire, a question”, he says.

“And the question was, ‘What is the piano today?’

So let’s find out what amateur pianists are doing. Why are they playing on these pianos? Why is this becoming a thing? Let’s tell their stories.

“Me and Lang Lang didn’t even know each other; we met in front of the camera and everything you see just happened naturally,” recalls the Lebanese-born artist, 39, who was last seen co-hosting Eurovision.

“It was a privilege to be allowed into that process. I loved the purity and the realness of it.”

“I just love this format,” adds Chinese classical virtuoso Lang Lang, 40.

“This has never happened in the classical piano world, so this will open doors for audiences and for musicians to believe music is not only for themselves, but for everyone in the community. Music brings us closer as human beings.”

The five-part series was filmed at four mainline stations across the UK – London’s St Pancras, Leeds, Glasgow Central and Birmingham New Street – with 20 amateur pianists performing at each.

So who can we expect to meet on the keys?

“We met so many different people. I think our youngest was nine and our eldest was 94,” Winkleman shares. “I’d say the vast majority don’t have pianos at home, so these were people who’d played on street pianos or who had learned during lockdown.

“There’s a boy called Jared, who I became obsessed by,” she continues. “We met him quite early on at St Pancras. He was a truck mechanic. 21. He literally had his toolbox and a grease-covered baguette – he won’t mind me saying that – and he put them down and played Honky Tonk. Well, my head exploded!

“We met every different kind of person – some playing their own compositions, some playing Chopin, some playing the Goo Goo Dolls.”

“It was so diverse,” Mika concurs. “But these people weren’t coming for a competition, they weren’t coming for 15 minutes of fame, they were coming as their true selves, because that’s how it was framed.

“When you have a girl who has trouble talking, who has many disabilities, many health issues, who is blind, she’s never been able to read music, and she sits down and plays Schubert… and everyone just stops,” he muses. “You sit there thinking, ‘There’s something special’.

“It’s not just that this person’s story deserves to be told, but it’s that it needs to be told, and we need to hear those stories.”

As for those who went on to perform at the Royal Festival Hall, there was a “period of adjustment”, remembers Mika, who, alongside Lang Lang, offered the chosen few coaching and guidance.

“We just wanted them to really be themselves, the same people that we discovered in the station,” reasons the Grace Kelly hitmaker. “And there was this moment of tilt in that coaching day, when they realised that they were allowed to express themselves and that what they had to say was important.”

He pinpoints a moment when a male performer asked him, ‘Do you mean you care? I never thought anyone would care.’

“The fact that just through something like the piano in this experiment, just one person felt empowered and just heard, was quite a transformative thing,” he says, visibly emotional. “It made me look at the world around me differently. People have a lot to say, they just don’t feel like they can say it.”

“Lang Lang and Mika were so good with them,” Winkleman says. “I don’t know what the show will look like as I can’t watch myself, but they treated it with aplomb. And because the whole thing isn’t jazzed up, it’s authentic.

“The amateurs had the two greatest performers on their side – the audience, everyone. It was a really moving and lovely combination.”

“There was passion in their hearts,” says Lang Lang, admitting he was moved by the reactions of the amateur pianists on learning they would play on one of the world’s most prestigious stages.

“I still remember when I asked one, ‘Are you ready?’ And he said, ‘I’m so ready. I’ve been waiting for this day my whole life’.

“We had a choir and a string quartet, so they had to learn how to communicate with other musicians,” he adds.

“It’s the process of being a professional musician on stage, a real performer, and I think they did brilliantly. More than our expectation.”

● The Piano starts on Channel 4 on Wednesday February 15.

The_Scotsman.thumb.jpg.bdba9182f60af11983b57cef4453aef5.jpg

The_Scotsman-2.thumb.jpg.d3cc4c12ab002eea60eb1da6e327664a.jpg

The_Scotsman-1.thumb.jpg.5725ce8f44c9742a92bf5e1d19b7ab58.jpg

The_Scotsman-3.jpg.526a9fdac52493bbb1b0e6cf9067a4ea.jpg

• Like 2

Daily Record – February 08, 2023

daily-record-8_02_2023.thumb.jpg.9710fc780ce5a6ec06902795879ab2da.jpg

CLAUDIA I WANT TO GET MARRIED AT GLASGOW CENTRAL

Strictly Claudia on her new ’Bake Off for pianos’ show and how she’d love to get married in a Scottish train station

STRICTLY host Claudia Winkleman’s love affair with Scotland continues – with the presenter declaring she’d love to get married in Glasgow Central. The 51-year-old fell in love with the Highlands while filming The Traitors at Adross Castle near Inverness and her head has been turned again – this time by Glasgow’s biggest train station.

Last August she filmed a new Channel 4 series, The Piano, which finds the UK’s best amateur piano players, with the best playing a concert at the Royal Festival Hall in London.

When Claudia came back north she was bowled over. She said: “Glasgow train station is so beautiful. I just felt: ‘Why didn’t I know about this? I would like to get married here’”.

While Claudia married Kris Thykier, father to her three kids, in London in 2000, renewing her wedding vows isn’t out of the question. Admitting she’s a romantic, she joked: “I mean, not with my husband, obviously. But there is something lovely about stations because they’re thoroughfares.

“People are waiting to meet somebody they love. People are going on holiday. People are late. There are kids crying, like mine used to, because they want a bag of chips.

“There are love affairs just beginning. All of life is happening.”

The new Channel 4 contest, which starts next week, has been dubbed “Bake Off for pianos”.

Love Productions, which makes The Great British Bake Off, tapped into the “street piano” phenomenon, where the instrument is left in stations for people to stop and play.

Claudia, pretending to be fronting a documentary, invited gifted amateurs to perform at four of the UK’s busiest stations – Glasgow Central, London St Pancras, Birmingham New Street and Leeds. What they don’t know is the show is actually a competition.

They are secretly being judged by classical virtuoso Lang Lang and Grace Kelly singer Mika. They select the best to play in the concert finale in London.

Claudia was sold as soon as she knew she was off to Scotland and in the five-parts of The Piano, 20 amateur pianists perform at each of the stations. Scotland showed its strength.

Claudia said: “I loved Sue, who played boogie-woogie in Glasgow. She was absolutely amazing.

“I loved George in Glasgow. He was 94 and combats loneliness by going to play the public piano.”

Claudia, who as well as Strictly, The Traitors and C4 quiz One Question, has a Saturday morning show on Radio 2, is also mum to Jake, 19, Matilda, 16, and Arthur, 11.

But she admitted she hasn’t a musical bone in her body.

She said: “I can’t eat with chopsticks, let alone play it. I’m redundant as a musician. I can’t spell chord.

“I tried to learn the trumpet as a kid and it lasted about four minutes. I couldn’t get a note out.”

And don’t get her to pick between The Traitors, which the BBC will soon confirm will be back for a second series, or the wholesome The Piano or Strictly.

She grinned and said: “It turns out I like both good and evil. Don’t make me pick. It’d be like choosing between cheese and chocolate.”

Contestants on The Piano range from nine to 94 in age, playing classical to honky-tonk. There are also moments of wonderful TV like Lucy, a child who was born with cancerous tumours of the eyes. She sat down at the piano and played Schubert. Claudia said: “There were moments your goosebumps had goosebumps.

“There was a guy called Jared, a truck mechanic, who taught himself from YouTube. He played honky-tonk for 10 minutes and the station exploded. Then, he said: ‘Thanks so much. Gotta go and fix some trucks now…’”

Across the stations players included a funeral director worker who played Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, a Tori Amos drag act, a couple who played together and a boy playing his dad’s 90s dance hits.

Watching were judges Mika, who co-hosted last year’s Eurovision, and Lang Lang, a Chinese pianist seen as one of the greatest of this age.

Shooting a show in a station had its challenges. Claudia said: “Tannoy announcements would interrupt performances. A couple had an argument which I tried to solve but actually made worse.”

Mika and Lang Lang chose four pianists to perform at the Royal Festival Hall in front of 2500 people. But all the pianists from each of the four stations who played were also invited, and their friends and family.

Sadly Claudia thinks there can only be one series. She admitted: “The minute you put a piano anywhere, somebody will go, ‘Oi, where’s Mika?’

“It has to be a lovely one-off. That’s a joy in itself.”

● The Piano starts next Wednesday on Channel 4 at 9pm.

1578017449_DailyRecord.thumb.jpg.864131522224ac22375f4365eb5f56b9.jpg

• Like 2

YOMIKA

https://www.yomika.com/2023/02/07/the-piano/

New UK television series ‘The Piano’

Published February 7, 2023

The UK’s favorite instrument, the piano, will be celebrated in a new five-part series on Channel 4. Hosted by Claudia Winkleman, each week, talented amateur pianists will be invited to play on public pianos in London St Pancras, Leeds, Glasgow and Birmingham train stations, sharing their stories and music with the great British public.

From nonagenarians who have been playing for eighty years to twelve-year-olds who have never played in pubic before, those who taught themselves to play the classics in lockdown to players who feel the music, composing pieces about their life experiences and someone with no sight who against all the odds has mastered Chopin, commuters in train stations across the country will be stopped in their tracks as heartfelt, emotional and uplifting performances take place.

However, what the piano performers don’t know is that two of the most acclaimed and successful performers in the world – Lang Lang who is widely regarded as the greatest classical pianist of the modern era and platinum selling pop superstar Mika – will be secretly watching and one performer will be given a once in a lifetime offer by them, an invitation to perform on one of the world’s most prestigious stages.

The final will bring together four amazing pianists – one from each train station – at The Royal Festival Hall, where they will showcase their talent in solo performances in front of an audience of thousands.

The Piano starts on February 15th at 9pm on Channel 4.

ThePiano22_9220-scaled.thumb.jpg.b7298b21f57ffa96085cc44e780b6ef5.jpg

• Like 1

Daily Mirror - 8 Feb 2023

Claudia’s in tune

Claudia Winkleman scored big with The Traitors and now hopes to hit the right notes with Channel 4’s The Piano.

In the new talent show, pianists share their stories and music with the public.

And pop star Mika and acclaimed pianist Yinka Bokinni will pick the best to play at the Royal Festival Hall.

Claudia says: “It’s a very gentle and, I hope, charming show about people’s love for this instrument. The star of everything is the piano. Public pianos were set up before Covid. I remember walking through stations and you would see people playing.”

“If you want to busk or play street piano, I’d say go to Leeds because they were just up for it. They were listening and dancing and then they’d shout in the middle of a performance: ‘I’m so sorry, I’m gonna be late for work!’” Several players have emotional back stories, including a mum who played to help her autistic child sleep.

■ The Piano, C4, Weds, Feb 15, 9pm.

1157358379_DailyMirror-8_02.2023_page-27_the_piano.jpg.cec14385afa34f1fa838d418bd77cc1a.jpg

1123228444_DailyMirror-8_02.2023_page-27.thumb.jpg.a59ec7b141465f5addd12067353349ca.jpg

23 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Daily Mirror - 8 Feb 2023

Claudia’s in tune

Claudia Winkleman scored big with The Traitors and now hopes to hit the right notes with Channel 4’s The Piano.

In the new talent show, pianists share their stories and music with the public.

And pop star Mika and acclaimed pianist Yinka Bokinni will pick the best to play at the Royal Festival Hall.

Claudia says: “It’s a very gentle and, I hope, charming show about people’s love for this instrument. The star of everything is the piano. Public pianos were set up before Covid. I remember walking through stations and you would see people playing.”

“If you want to busk or play street piano, I’d say go to Leeds because they were just up for it. They were listening and dancing and then they’d shout in the middle of a performance: ‘I’m so sorry, I’m gonna be late for work!’” Several players have emotional back stories, including a mum who played to help her autistic child sleep.

■ The Piano, C4, Weds, Feb 15, 9pm.

1157358379_DailyMirror-8_02.2023_page-27_the_piano.jpg.cec14385afa34f1fa838d418bd77cc1a.jpg

1123228444_DailyMirror-8_02.2023_page-27.thumb.jpg.a59ec7b141465f5addd12067353349ca.jpg

Who is Yinka? It's Lang Lang as second judge thats a bad mistake they should have checked

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

Who is Yinka? It's Lang Lang as second judge thats a bad mistake they should have checked

She's a DJ certainly not an acclaimed pianist 🙃. I wouldn't be surprised if the article was rushed by a journalist with a strict deadline, they probably had her name and Lang Lang ready to copy but they got mixed up. Still a bad mistake for Daily Mirror!

The articles in the magazines I got also contradict each other when it comes to the contestants ages, one says the youngest is 9 years old while another says 11 and when it comes to the oldest contestant one magazine says it's a 90 year old yet another says 94   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Closer UK - 11 February 2023

👉 PDF file ( one page / 473 KB ) Closer UK 11.02.2023_downmagaz.net-67.pdf

THE PIANO

FROM THE MAKERS OF BAKE OFF

WED 15 FEB, 9PM, C4

With pianos now popping up in public spaces – meaning anybody can hop on and tinkle the ivories – talented folk have been entertaining passers-by, free of charge.

From the makers of GBBO comes this new show, hosted by Claudia Winkleman, where gifted pianists play for commuters in London St Pancras, Leeds, Glasgow and Birmingham train stations.

What they don’t know is that popstar Mika and classical pianist Lang Lang are secretly watching – picking one from each station to go solo at London's Royal Festival Hall.

"Who is Britain's best amateur pianist ?"

CLAUDIA :‘ My role? I’m just a tiny orange…’

Claudia Winkleman, 51, hosts a new C4 competition giving amateur pianists the chance to perform at a top venue...

MEET THE JUDGES

Mika and Lang Lang are from the very different works of pop and classical, but their bromance on The Piano is wonderful.

We met in front of the cameras and everything you see happens naturally, say Mika, 39 - whose first album won him a BRIT Award and a Grammy nomination.

Leading classical musician Lang Lang, 40, is credited with inspiring millions of children to take up to the piano in his native China, a phenomenon dubbed the "Lang Lang effect".

"Music bring us much closer as human beings," he says.

CloserUK11_02.2023_page67.thumb.jpg.873b589a13ade8794faddec0ec151b3d.jpg

CloserUK11_02.2023_page67.thumb.jpg.0be744157ebbd02e5d0ba8ed58a13465.jpg

• Like 1

What happens when you invite incredible UK pianists to showcase their talent at busy railway stations?

Introducing The Piano, featuring Claudia Winkleman, musician Mika and renowned pianist Lang Lang.

Starts 9pm, Weds 15 Feb. Stream Free on All 4.

• Like 2

COMING SOON: The UK's Most Amazing Amateur Pianists | The Piano | Channel 4

What happens when you invite incredible UK pianists to showcase their talent at busy railway stations?

Introducing The Piano, featuring Claudia Winkleman, musician Mika and renowned pianist Lang Lang.

Starts 9pm, Weds 15 Feb. Stream Free on All 4.

About #Channel4: Channel 4 exists to represent unheard voices, challenge the mainstream and stir the metaphorical pot. This YouTube is here to give you first looks at what’s coming next, to take you deeper into the shows you love and help you discover your next obsession. Like, subscribe and get involved in the conversations in the comments and remember that here we are altogether different. Watch More on #All4

YouTube

• Like 4