Mika as a judge for "The Piano", Channel 4 UK, 2023

Kumazzz

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

Awwww mannnnn!!! 
I wonder if they really asked them some questions that people have sent in! 

They didn't during the broadcast, but I wonder if they will ask, and then run the answers as Tiktoks or Instagram reels? That's what they (the BBC One Show, that is) seem to have done previously.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dcdeb said:

They didn't during the broadcast, but I wonder if they will ask, and then run the answers as Tiktoks or Instagram reels? That's what they (the BBC One Show, that is) seem to have done previously.

Oh I hope so! I don't use tiktok or follow the BBC so if someone does see something like this please share! 😁

3 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

That’s really cool. I hope they do. I think the majority of the questions was when his English album will be released… And we all REALLY want to know :lol3:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, mellody said:

I can't. :crybaby: Which one are you using?

I use Norton VPN.

Actually I couldn't connect first - always a pop-up that I am not located in the UK.

But I used different ways going directly to iPlayer button. So no registration required. But I had to answer a question if I had a licence. So I clicked "Yes". And this time I was connected to the live stream!

I recorded my laptop's screen. But I think that Emily's version will be of better quality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

While we're waiting for Emily's upload, here are some screenshots I took. (I only recorded the first 5 minutes.)

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (28).pngScreenshot (30).png

He's so beautiful. :cloud: Those soft waves in his hair look almost as good as when he's wearing it in long curls. :wub2:

• Like 3

Here it is! (sorry took slightly longer than I thought!)

I've cut out any unrelated bits but if anyone wants them I can upload a version with them in

and I'm happy to record the actual episodes if anyone can't watch them too :) - they might be a little bit later in the evening than they are actually shown though as I don't think i'll be home in time to watch them live myself

• Like 6
  • Thanks 13

38 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

Here it is! (sorry took slightly longer than I thought!)

I've cut out any unrelated bits but if anyone wants them I can upload a version with them in

and I'm happy to record the actual episodes if anyone can't watch them too :) - they might be a little bit later in the evening than they are actually shown though as I don't think i'll be home in time to watch them live myself

Mika- the one show.mov

Mika talking about dog food preparation for the Girls was the best moment in this program!

Cooking With Mika part 2 - dog food from leftovers !!!!!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika talking about dog food preparation for the Girls was the best moment in this program!

Cooking With Mika part 2 - dog foods from leftovers !!!!!

That was totally unexpected! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Cooking With Mika part 2 - dog food from leftovers !!!!!

He was so passionate talking about the girls food and it was the best moment from his excitement 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

https://www.instagram.com/mikainstagram/
mikainstagram

Our brand new television series called ’The Piano’ made with the brilliant @langlangpiano @claudiawinkle begins tomorrow in the UK on @channel4 at 9PM! We had the best time making this show and were blown away by pianists who poured their hearts into their performances! Check it out, tomorrow night on Channel 4 and also streamable on All 4!

#thepiano #channel4 #loveproductions

• Like 5

Continuing here from the social media news thread:

5 minutes ago, krysady said:

Yes, I guess my VPN is not good enough :sad:

Screenshot (410).png

I'm using chillglobal, 20 hours per month are for free if you register with your e-mail-address. It's a browser addon. Works fine for Channel4, but not for BBC, as I found out tonight.

• Like 3

So nice to see and hear him all enthusiastic! And his fun with Claudia. Excellent promo for the show. And the dog food bit was brilliant! :wub2:

But, did they really have to bring up his school days yet again? Anyone with half a brain and a little background research would know its not something to be addressed in this format. Look at his body language. As soon as she asked the question, bang! arms crossed across his body, defensive mode,  he's not open to the line of questioning.  And then to have that presenter carrying on  "aww, but look how far you've come" and "you've got new friends now" like she was talking to a 12 year old. How patronising! Good grief, he's a grown man, treat him with some respect! Ugh. Sorry, but that section really annoyed me. Reminded me why I stopped watching, it's the telly equivalent of the tablod press. :furious:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BeccaStardust said:

He was so passionate talking about the girls food and it was the best moment from his excitement 

That, and when he talked about the goosebumps performances at the Royal Festival Hall, his eyes also lit up. :wub2: But you're right about his excitement, I guess he might not have expected to get to talk about his 2nd passion in this TV show :lol3: so he was very happy about it. Also I find it so sweet that he mentioned Andy there on Valentine's day. :wub2:  I wish they had asked him about his opinion on Valentine's day as well... he seemed like he didn't really agree with Claudia's opinion, tho I suppose a few years ago he'd have nodded, with an "absolutely agree!" expression on his face. :teehee: But today he rather had hearts in his eyes, mentioned Andy on TV, and posted a lovesongs compilation for us. So I guess that speaks for itself. :mikalove:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Hero said:

But, did they really have to bring up his school days yet again?

I was annoyed at that too. You could clearly see the change in his body language when they brought that up. Even though he said that he had one teacher that pulled him through the bad times, I have a feeling he said that only to end the conversation quickly. I've never read anywhere that Mika liked any of his school teachers.

The excitement about dog food though, his little face lighting up was everything! 🥺

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've never read anywhere that Mika liked any of his school teachers.

Oh he did, there was the headmaster at St Phillips who took him back into school, and the lady who gave him cake while helping him find ways of managing his dyslexia (Mrs Coogan was it?). And the English/Drama teacher at Westminster. And the male teacher in charge of the 'freaks' club who took them to the pub on Fridays. There were some good ones. Thank goodness for them. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/mikainstagram/
mikainstagram

Our brand new television series called ’The Piano’ made with the brilliant @langlangpiano @claudiawinkle begins tomorrow in the UK on @channel4 at 9PM! We had the best time making this show and were blown away by pianists who poured their hearts into their performances! Check it out, tomorrow night on Channel 4 and also streamable on All 4!

#thepiano #channel4 #loveproductions

YouTube

The Piano - first episode tomorrow, 15th Feb!

Our brand new television series called ’The Piano’ made with the brilliant Lang Lang and Claudia Winkleman begins tomorrow in the UK on @channel4 at 9PM! We had the best time making this show and were blown away by pianists who poured their hearts into their performances! Check it out, tomorrow night on Channel 4 and also streamable on All 4! #thepiano #channel4 #loveproductions

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1