Mika as a judge for "The Piano", Channel 4 UK, 2023

Kumazzz

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika talking about dog food preparation for the Girls was the best moment in this program!

Cooking With Mika part 2 - dog food from leftovers !!!!!

There's a show we want to see! How can we make it happen? LOL!

• Haha 9

Daily Mirror

15 Feb 2023

daily-mirror-15_02_2023.thumb.jpg.5604515eee0e370d173bcae5cc160324.jpg

Today's TV

Keys to the heart

THE PIANO

C4, 9pm

FOLLOWING her smash hit The Traitors, Claudia Winkleman’s back, with a competition about tinkling ivories rather than treachery.

Inspired by the installation of pianos in public spaces, talented amateurs have been invited to perform in train stations and share their stories – unaware they are being judged by Lang Lang, deemed the greatest classical pianist of the modern era, and pop superstar Mika.

They’ll pick winners who’ll show off their skills in a special concert at the Royal Festival Hall. This week there’s Jared, a 21-year-old truck mechanic who taught himself to play in lockdown and wows the judges with some boogie-woogie.

Next up is Ilya, an 11-year-old who takes on Prokofiev (better known now as The Apprentice theme), followed by a Tori Amos tribute drag act.

Claudia celebrates their performances, but finds time for banter, such as when a passer-by asks her to dance. “You’ve got to leave now, before I call the police,” she tells him. “That’s my husband…” she jokes.

The stories are moving, such as that of 24-year-old Jay, who swapped drugs for music.

“I’ve seen a lot of people crumble, a lot of people die,” he reveals.

But which of the pianists will Lang Lang and Mika choose?

After Claudia drops the bombshell about the mystery judges, they announce that week’s winner, before the group entertain each other on the keys.

“No matter what background they come from, no matter what style of music they like. All of this is possible because of one instrument,” says Mika.

It’s heartwarming stuff.

DailyMirror_15_02.2023_p_41.thumb.jpg.397450f852fb597a985292bc400274e4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mellody said:

I'm using chillglobal, 20 hours per month are for free if you register with your e-mail-address. It's a browser addon. Works fine for Channel4, but not for BBC, as I found out tonight.

Thank you so much, I'll try it this evening :thumb_yello: I have the VPN Master, also as a Chrome extension, and it worked well so far, but lately started to disconnect after a few seconds.

I really hope we will be able to watch the show. When I first heard about this project I thought: oh well, it sounds quite boring. But after seeing the final in London, now I am so eager to watch the whole show! :original:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mellody said:

Continuing here from the social media news thread:

I'm using chillglobal, 20 hours per month are for free if you register with your e-mail-address. It's a browser addon. Works fine for Channel4, but not for BBC, as I found out tonight.

I use https://www.tunnelbear.com/ FireFox addon, Channel4 works FINE.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2023 at 9:03 PM, Emily2b said:

Here it is! (sorry took slightly longer than I thought!)

I've cut out any unrelated bits but if anyone wants them I can upload a version with them in

and I'm happy to record the actual episodes if anyone can't watch them too :) - they might be a little bit later in the evening than they are actually shown though as I don't think i'll be home in time to watch them live myself

Mika- the one show.mov

Thank you so much @Emily2b 🌹 

• Like 1

What a beautiful first episode! My personal favourite was Fiona, but all of the contestants were amazing! There wasn't one that I didn't like. 

Loving it and can't wait for next week now!

• Like 8