Tour rumours 2023

mellody

1 hour ago, NaoMika said:

This article says that MIKA will be a guest of Umbria Jazz Festival... :rolleyes: I hope it's true.

Al cinquantesimo di Umbria Jazz anche Mika L’ufficializzazione della data entro i primi di gennaio

La Nazione 23/12/2022

https://www.lanazione.it/umbria/cronaca/al-cinquantesimo-di-umbria-jazz-anche-mika-lufficializzazione-della-data-entro-i-primi-di-gennaio-1.8410904

Correva l’anno 2020. Era febbraio e mentre in Cina c’era già un durissimo lockdown, l’Italia e il mondo occidentale ancora non avevano idea di cosa di lì a poco li avrebbe travolti. Il Covid-19 sembrava lontanissimo e la vita continuava a scorrere normalmente, tanto che sul sito di Umbria Jazz cominciavano a spuntare i nomi dei protagonisti dell’edizione estiva. Tra questi quello di Mika, il cantautore e showman libanese naturalizzato britannico che in Italia ormai è di casa e che a Umbria Jazz aveva avuto un successo strepitoso nell’edizione del 2016. La pandemia però costrinse poi tutti all’isolamento prima e a una rigida normativa per impedire pericolosi assembramenti che potessero favorire il contagio poi. Fu così che i grandi festival vennero rinviati a data da destinarsi. Quel cartellone che annunciava artisti come Paolo Conte, Ben Harper e lo stesso Mika, venne “congelato“.

Oggi a distanza di due anni e con una situazione che sembra ormai definitivamente avviata alla normalità, ecco che il Festival jazz prossimo a celebrare nel 2023 i suoi primi cinquant’anni, torna proprio in questi giorni a lanciare i nomi dei protagonisti della storica edizione estiva. Paolo Conte, Steward Copeland (batterista dei Police), Brad Meldahu, Brandford Marsalis, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals e in esclusiva italiana Joe Boanamassa, Rhiannon Giddens with Francesco Turrisi, Snarky Puppy sono già stati ufficializzati con tanto di prevendite in corso. Il cartellone del cinquantesimo di UJ (7-16 luglio 2023) dunque, comincia a svelarsi e a quanto pare sarà davvero stellare.

spacer.png

Oohh, that sounds promising! :mikalove: Is that one of the festivals where there's a different artist each day, with a full gig? Sounds like it, as it's more than a week. I hope it's a date I can make... then I could take the night train to Florence and the regional train from there.

Anyway I still hope we might get tourdates before I have to decide... don't want to use up my budget of money & time for festivals and then have nothing left for a tour. 🙈

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Oohh, that sounds promising! :mikalove: Is that one of the festivals where there's a different artist each day, with a full gig? Sounds like it, as it's more than a week. I hope it's a date I can make... then I could take the night train to Florence and the regional train from there.

Anyway I still hope we might get tourdates before I have to decide... don't want to use up my budget of money & time for festivals and then have nothing left for a tour. 🙈

https://www.lanazione.it/umbria/cronaca/al-cinquantesimo-di-umbria-jazz-anche-mika-lufficializzazione-della-data-entro-i-primi-di-gennaio-1.8410904

The sentence below doesn't appear in the above article. It comes between "corso" and "Il cartellone" at the end:

Il prossimo nome a essere divulgato (forse già subito dopo Umbria Jazz Winter: 28 dicembre 1 gennaio 2023 a Orvieto) sarà a quanto pare proprio quello di Mika."

The next name to be announced (perhaps right after Umbria Jazz Winter: December 28 January 1, 2023 in Orvieto) will apparently be Mika's.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Hero said:

Paolo Conte is headlining one night, Mika loves him. 

On the website it's said that for Paolo Conte has been scheduled for the 15th of July.

And that the pre-sale starts the 22nd od December. But I don't find it on the list. 

Is it a special requirement to have an access to pre-sale?

EDIT: I found it . On TicketOne.it

Price: 161 EUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop:

image.thumb.png.a369dcf1885ea1a7904603294cb71797.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

On the website it's said that for Paolo Conte has been scheduled for the 15th of July.

And that the pre-sale starts the 22nd od December. But I don't find it on the list. 

Is it a special requirement to have an access to pre-sale?

EDIT: I found it . On TicketOne.it

Price: 161 EUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop:

image.thumb.png.a369dcf1885ea1a7904603294cb71797.png

For Paulo Conte the tickets are the most expensive.

For other artists it's about 60-90 EUR.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The venue is for 4200 places. Not too much.

We have to be ready to a quick action :das:

Each sector has 100 seats.

image.thumb.png.835429c232cd9cc9de72506102aeec2d.png

6 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Oh, it's seated? Cool! That relaxes things in Italy! 😅 I googled photos of the festival earlier today and there it looked like it's all standing. Maybe they changed it during the pandemic? Or do they have seated for some artists and standing for others? Or maybe people just ran to the front on those photos?

29 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The festival takes place from the 7th to 16th.

So for Mika has left 7th to 10th of July.

image.thumb.png.5f9e3597efec95f81e5037ff50106b9e.png

Saturday the 10th would be perfect for me!  :biggrin2: Friday should work too.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm3uUiHocc4/

friendsandpartners

@mikainstagram accoglie il nuovo anno con un annuncio importante: appuntamento a luglio per due concerti d’eccezione in Italia, nelle città di Perugia e Matera. Non potevamo iniziare meglio di così ♥️

🎫I biglietti per le nuove date saranno disponibili in prevendita dalle ore 12.00 di mercoledì 4 gennaio su @ticketone.it e nei circuiti di vendita abituali

322960086_844889676807782_204623182514010583_n.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm3uUiHocc4/

friendsandpartners

@mikainstagram accoglie il nuovo anno con un annuncio importante: appuntamento a luglio per due concerti d’eccezione in Italia, nelle città di Perugia e Matera. Non potevamo iniziare meglio di così ♥️

🎫I biglietti per le nuove date saranno disponibili in prevendita dalle ore 12.00 di mercoledì 4 gennaio su @ticketone.it e nei circuiti di vendita abituali

322960086_844889676807782_204623182514010583_n.jpg

That's great news, but the timing of the ticket sale start couldn't be shittier for me. :facepalm: Wellness day with hubby in a hot springs resort, not a suitable place for going online to buy tickets.

Maybe I should have a look at Matera instead of Perugia, it's much further away but it's a Saturday, that's better than Monday - and seems to be standing? Might be easier to get tickets for if I can't be online at noon. And it looks like it's a beautiful and special place! :mikalove:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

That's great news, but the timing of the ticket sale start couldn't be s**ttier for me. :facepalm: Wellness day with hubby in a hot springs resort, not a suitable place for going online to buy tickets.

Maybe I should have a look at Matera instead of Perugia, it's much further away but it's a Saturday, that's better than Monday - and seems to be standing? Might be easier to get tickets for if I can't be online at noon. And it looks like it's a beautiful and special place! :mikalove:

I'll be at work so it'll be tricky for me too. But I'm hoping to do both concerts. :crossed:

I'd not heard of Matera so have just been looking online - it's a stunningly beautiful place! :lustslow:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hero said:

I don't think we know yet, do we? Matera just says it has capacity for either 7000 standing, or for 2500 seated, so either is possible. 

Hard to say. But seated gigs are more popular now in Italy. And if we add the high temperatures in July in Italy I am praying for seated places.

• Like 2

I moved the infos about the individual gigs (and travels there) to the respective threads about those gigs.

Perugia:

Matera:

Thanks @Mikasister for opening those threads!

I'll add the events to the calendar now and put the links in the first posts of the threads, so you can RSVP.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

You can hear the intro for OOL in this post about artists doing Seoul Jazz Festival, so it could be that Mika is attending! Full line up announced in 2 days!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cngj1HLPQK5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

It takes place May 26-28, so, shortly after his gigs in Japan. Seems likely! :biggrin2:

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

You can hear the intro for OOL in this post about artists doing Seoul Jazz Festival, so it could be that Mika is attending! Full line up announced in 2 days!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cngj1HLPQK5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

It takes place May 26-28, so, shortly after his gigs in Japan. Seems likely! :biggrin2:

Ohhhhh I’ve been waiting for this!!! Time to draw the Korean national flower :biggrin2:

• Like 7