Mika's Social Media & official Website updates - 2023

Mikasister

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

In this case, it was the meet & greet that we helped organize, so there were only 30 or so fans -- so part of it is cultural, and part of it is that this group knew that Mika was going to come out specifically to see them.

The MFC meet & greets we organized for these last 3 shows were rather rare. We had Mika's team's cooperation and they were able to sort out an appropriate space and security. There were fewer than 30 fans at each of the meets, so the whole situation  was much more controlled than it is after a normal gig, where we're all standing in the street, waiting for him.

But it would be so much better for all of us if everyone were on the same page in general after-show situations, without an organized meet & greet. But you know how it is. Just like we can't get everyone to agree to abide by taking numbers when queuing for a show to allow for a more organized entrance, we can't get everyone to agree to be orderly afterwards.

In Montreal a few years ago, dozens of fans were waiting after a show -- maybe as many as 100 of us. The artist entrance was in a back alley and fans were starting to press up against the door, and security kept telling us Mika had already left. We were pretty sure he hadn't because we could see the car waiting for him. Several people urged me to try to organize the group, most of whom were NOT members of MFC, so I didn't think I stood a chance of having them all listen to me. But I eventually went to one of the security guys and told him what I thought would work -- if everyone would line up against the wall of the building, Mika could come out and walk down the line, stopping to speak to everyone along the way. At the end of the line of fans, the car could be waiting for him and he could hop right in. So I shouted this out to everyone, and security backed me up -- making sure people lined up against the wall. A few minutes later, Mika came out (he had NOT left, surprise surprise!) and did exactly what we'd planned. He stopped and spoke to every fan waiting and at the end of the line, just jumped into his waiting car. It was perfect. If we could get that kind of cooperation after every show, the chances of everyone getting a moment would improve by 1000%.

But as I've said before, I'm a dreamer. :lol3:

Maybe I am not an "old" concert fan. My first Mika concert was only in 2019.

But only twice I was standing in a line.

Once in Strasbourg after the St. Valentine's concert in 2020 - there were hundreds and hundreds of people waiting for Mika. And we all were staying in a long line while Mika was going along the line. It was really well organized. No barriers.

Another time it was after the Roundhouse gig in London. Maybe not too many fans (Mika left the venue pretty early and fans didn't expect him so quick) but we were standing in a line. Mika signed anything we had then got into his car.

The other gigs - always fans rushing towards Mika. So I usually was in the back. Once even someone pushed me and I almost finished under Mika's car rolling slowly forward!  Not a nice experience.

I agree with you that a good organisation can make wonders. I am a dreamer too :wink2:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Maybe I am not an "old" concert fan. My first Mika concert was only in 2019.

But only twice I was standing in a line.

Once in Strasbourg after the St. Valentine's concert in 2020 - there were hundreds and hundreds of people waiting for Mika. And we all were staying in a long line while Mika was going along the line. It was really well organized. No barriers.

Another time it was after the Roundhouse gig in London. Maybe not too many fans (Mika left the venue pretty early and fans didn't expect him so quick) but we were standing in a line. Mika signed anything we had then got into his car.

The other gigs - always fans rushing towards Mika. So I usually was in the back. Once even someone pushed me and I almost finished under Mika's car rolling slowly forward!  Not a nice experience.

I agree with you that a good organisation can make wonders. I am a dreamer too :wink2:

I think the difference was having a tour manager - when Mika did a UK tour in 2010 everyone lined up behind barriers and waited their turn.  At other (later) gigs people just mobbed Mika when he appeared, so he didn't stay.  I remember one gig when he was trying to go down a line and the fans he'd already spoken to followed him and effectively stopped him from meeting any more.

London gigs are probably the worst as hundreds of people try to wait for him.

1 hour ago, silver said:

I think the difference was having a tour manager - when Mika did a UK tour in 2010 everyone lined up behind barriers and waited their turn.  At other (later) gigs people just mobbed Mika when he appeared, so he didn't stay.  I remember one gig when he was trying to go down a line and the fans he'd already spoken to followed him and effectively stopped him from meeting any more.

London gigs are probably the worst as hundreds of people try to wait for him.

He had tour managers later as well... just that they were ONLY tour managers and didn't care about the fans. Well, can't blame them for only doing their job and nothing else, but it was nice in 2007-2010 to feel that someone was taking care of us, on Mika's behalf  - also with the hot drinks / ice cream in the queue, numbers getting in first and in line, etc. ... ah well, the good old days, lol! :dunno_grin:

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

In this case, it was the meet & greet that we helped organize, so there were only 30 or so fans

Was it? I thought in the video it was the queue outside of the radio station in the street? Of course the organized M&G's can go better, if there's only 30 fans. Can. Thanks for sharing your experience from Montreal. I guess it just depends on the individuals who are there, whether they want to cooperate, even if there's no "official authority" like a tour manager. If fans try to organize it, you'll often have some who will complain that we think we're "better" or whatever. :rolleyes: And in some places it just works, without anyone having to say anything... thanks Anna for reminding me of Strasbourg in 2020 - I think there were barriers, but in any case people stayed really calm and stayed in their place, although it was a lot of fans. And it was the same in 2016 at the Strasbourg Zenith. While in Paris it's always chaos. Maybe it also depends on the place, whether it's possible to stand in line without standing in anyone's way.

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsxiV3jreHJ/

mikainstagram

Seoul! You were an explosion of positive energy, colour and love!

I have always loved coming to Korea and we have a long story together now. You are such a magical audience. Every show fees like a home. It broke my heart to cancel the arena show in 2020 when the pandemic arrived and so this concert was important for me - to see your faces again and to dance and sing our hearts out together. I will never forget the spirit of this concert and the generosity you have shown me. Thank you with all my ❤️

Mx

#seoul #tour #mika #asia #korea #seouljazzfestival

🎥 @adambgoodall

• Like 9

10 hours ago, mellody said:

thanks Anna for reminding me of Strasbourg in 2020 - I think there were barriers, but in any case people stayed really calm and stayed in their place, although it was a lot of fans. And it was the same in 2016 at the Strasbourg Zenith. While in Paris it's always chaos. Maybe it also depends on the place, whether it's possible to stand in line without standing in anyone's way.

This reminds me of Verona last year. But what I’ve heard from fans is that Verona is always well organized like that. Security puts up barriers and makes sure everyone stays in check and the artist also knows that it is a controlled environment. 

Thank you @dcdebfor the insight on the M&G’s in Japan and Korea. I think the main thing is that it is a controlled environment where everyone cooperates, doesn’t matter where or how many there are. I’m glad to hear it went so well. I see so many happy faces, including Mika’s! 

• Like 3

I love that he took the time to answer questions from the Asian fans.

I love how confused he gets.

I love the curls.

I just love this man! :swoon:

• Like 5

Just now, Hero said:

I had no idea that you could order fresh pasta and specify the thickness! Thank you Mika, today I learnt something. :pinkbow:🍎

I wonder if it's a restaurant, or a pasta shop and he takes it home and cooks it himself. Anyway, I agree with him, they taste better if they're thinner!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Am I wrong or he is wearing a white pyjamas when going for shopping?

image.thumb.png.204329c271af94db1f70b7f8007f7362.png

I thought it was some Kimono style shirt - but who knows, his pyjamas are so stylish that he can wear them as shirts too! :lol: :wub2:  He's wearing a necklace too, so I think it's a shirt. Anyway, whatever it is, it looks great on him! :wub2: Also the fabric of his jacket looks awesome, as if it's really soft and smooth. I mean, as CJ says...

8 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I love that he took the time to answer questions from the Asian fans.

I love how confused he gets.

I love the curls.

I just love this man! :swoon:

:cloud:

• Like 2