2023 - Mika@Monte Carlo Summer Festival - Monaco, August 4th

krysady

3 hours ago, krysady said:

Asked them and they said No, there's no place for dancing and not allowed to get up, probably for not obstructing the view of others.

:mad3::badword::sneaky2:

Ahem. Thanks for asking! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Thanks a lot @krysady

SUMMER FESTIVAL
LE SPORTING MONTE-CARLO
MIKA

04/08/2023

Le Thon
The Tuna

mi-cuit aux épices douces, aubergine et piments doux grillés,
crémeux de pois chiches, falafels menthe et coriandre

semi-cooked with sweet spices, eggplant and sweet grilled peppers
chickpeas cream, mint and coriander falafels

Le Blackcod
The Blackcod

Caramélisé au Miso, petits choux farcis aux champignons noirs,
filaments de radis croquants

caramelized with Miso, small cabbages stuffed with black mushrooms,
crunchy raddish filament

La Framboise
The Raspberry

Croustillant au citron vert, coulis fruits rouges
Et glace vanille

Lime crispy cake,red berries coulis,
Vanilla ice-cream

Price: 360 €
per person, including tax and service (beverages in addition)

Prix : 360 €
par personne, taxes et service inclus (boissons en supplément)

Thanks! I don't like tuna, smells like cat food to me... but who knows, maybe they can convince me that it can taste good if it's done well. :lol3: I had to google Blackcod, that sounds really yummy! Raspberries too. :wub2: And I'm extra glad now that my son isn't coming to the dinner/gig, he's allergic to (saltwater) fish. 🙈

5 hours ago, krysady said:

Asked them and they said No, there's no place for dancing and not allowed to get up, probably for not obstructing the view of others.

no worries about the place, we can dance on the chairs or on the tables. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty: Let's see if they also tell Mika about this, or if him and the audience will change the organizer's plans. :fisch: :teehee:

• Haha 8

20 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks! I don't like tuna, smells like cat food to me... but who knows, maybe they can convince me that it can taste good if it's done well. :lol3: I had to google Blackcod, that sounds really yummy! Raspberries too. :wub2: And I'm extra glad now that my son isn't coming to the dinner/gig, he's allergic to (saltwater) fish. 🙈

no worries about the place, we can dance on the chairs or on the tables. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty: Let's see if they also tell Mika about this, or if him and the audience will change the organizer's plans. :fisch: :teehee:

Dancing on the tables sounds like a very good idea :lmfao:or maybe we could simply go and dance on stage with Mika, that way everyone could see him (and us :lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

or maybe we could simply go and dance on stage with Mika, that way everyone could see him (and us :lmfao:

yes, that's even better! Problem solved. :biggrin2: The Monte Carlo Polka Dot Choir / Dancers aka us 10 MFCers is ready to join the crew for this gig! :naughty: (and Nina can be the photographer if she prefers that :lol3: - I know she wasn't too keen on joining the choir the last time)

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Hero said:

But only one menu? No veggie or gluten free yet?

They sent me just this one and said it's the only menu... but I imagine they would provide some other options on demand as well.

Edit: also they told me the dinner will start at 8.30pm

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, krysady said:

They sent me just this one and said it's the only menu... but I imagine they would provide some other options on demand as well.

Edit: also they told me the dinner will start at 8.30pm

Hmm. They've told me veggie and gluten free options will be provided, but I've not seen a menu from them yet...

• Like 4

On 7/24/2023 at 9:51 PM, mellody said:

yes, that's even better! Problem solved. :biggrin2: The Monte Carlo Polka Dot Choir / Dancers aka us 10 MFCers is ready to join the crew for this gig! :naughty: 

Oh damn, I nearly bought a polka dot dress too! :lmfao:

• Haha 3

Today I was mostly engaged in an accessories hunt. (Work? Shh!) Thank goodness for next day delivery. This bag and shoes should arrive tomorrow. 

image.thumb.png.17586ca45a4cbd897f5248cd91b7b822.png

Flower bag to complement the tour. :lustslow:

image.thumb.png.4dd8e6e80a7c9bf2c4c93579ac2ef616.png

Would have preferred a more elegant shoe but I can't do heels. At least these will be comfy and have a bit of bling - if I can get my feet into them.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hero said:

Hi @krysady, did they just send you the menu, or did you ask them for it? Just wondering as I've not had anything from them.

I asked for it, indeed :thumb_yello: And now they also told me there's veggie options as well, here's their answer:

"Further to your request, we kindly inform you that we can propose a vegetarian menu, we duly specify it on your reservation."

• Like 4

I spoke to them again about the possibility of group seating, and asked how many people they were expecting. They replied: 

"We have took note of your preferences for the seatings and we will do our best.

We are sure the artist will be happy of your venue.

The event will receive 300 persons more or less.

We are sorry but other informations are confidentials."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Hero said:

I spoke to them again about the possibility of group seating, and asked how many people they were expecting. They replied: 

"We have took note of your preferences for the seatings and we will do our best.

We are sure the artist will be happy of your venue.

The event will receive 300 persons more or less.

We are sorry but other informations are confidentials."

Thank you for asking them :huglove:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wow that’s pretty cool! Did they tell you anything about you being seated close to the stage? That would be awesome. 

That's what I asked, if we could be seated together and close to the stage. I noted that Mika is close to his fans and won't be expecting so many of us at Monaco, so it'll be a nice surprise for him to see some familiar faces. (I hope!) 

41 minutes ago, krysady said:

Only 300? From the Seal's show it looked there were a lot more people.

I was surprised too, but looking online it seems the salle has a max seating capacity of 350. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Hero said:

That's what I asked, if we could be seated together and close to the stage. I noted that Mika is close to his fans and won't be expecting so many of us at Monaco, so it'll be a nice surprise for him to see some familiar faces. (I hope!) 

I was surprised too, but looking online it seems the salle has a max seating capacity of 350. 

Hm, I found a few websites where it says 950 people for dinner events. :dunno: It definitely looks more on the photos / videos. Maybe for Mika's gig they've included a dancefloor in front of the stage, so there's less room for tables. :naughty:

As I said before, since we're 10 or even more now ( @krysady are you coming too?), it might make sense to split to 2 or 3 tables, so more of us could be closer to the stage - at these long tables it's difficult anyway to talk in groups of more than maybe 4-6 people, so 2 tables next to each other with 5-6 fans each would be perfect imo.

Anyway, it's obvious that we won't get any clear info from them in advance, I guess we'll just have to see when we're there. Thanks for trying. :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Maybe for Mika's gig they've included a dancefloor in front of the stage, so there's less room for tables. :naughty:

When I asked for a dancefloor they said there's no space for that because of the tables and chairs. But who knows...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, krysady said:

If I find a ticket... now I see there's no available anymore :sad:

Oh no! I didn't think it would sell out. I hope you can find one. :tears:

But... If the venue holds 950 people, and they're expecting around 300, there should still be room. Maybe Mika wants to do a small show. Or has insisted on a dancefloor. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

If the venue holds 950 people, and they're expecting around 300, there should still be room.

Maybe it's 950 for standing concerts? Like the one Mika did in the same venue in 2013.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, krysady said:

Maybe it's 950 for standing concerts? Like the one Mika did in the same venue in 2013.

Here's the info on the official website: https://meetings.montecarlosbm.com/en/unique-venues/salle-des-etoiles ... it says 950 people for a sit-down dinner. If you click on "see plan", there's even details of which table layouts allow how many guests - and for the rectangular tables it says 950. :dunno_grin:So maybe Mika really wanted a dancefloor? Or round tables? A bigger stage? A 2nd piano in the back of the venue? Or they only sold 350 tickets and adjusted the table layout to that? I guess we'll see. :dunno_grin:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, mellody said:

Or round tables?

In some of the videos I've seen from Seal and Ricky Martin's concerts, there were also round tables, so maybe you're right!

• Like 3