2023 - Mika@Monte Carlo Summer Festival - Monaco, August 4th

krysady

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

Isn't the salle open to the sky? Looking at photos from previous years. Unless it's a (very clear, almost invisible) glass cover?

For some events they can remove the roof, but dunno how it will be for Mika's show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hero said:

Isn't the salle open to the sky? Looking at photos from previous years. Unless it's a (very clear, almost invisible) glass cover?

I don't think so! :original:

image.thumb.png.1c63c2a51051332628ee5512f0df18f7.png

Read now Chris' post.

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Prisca said:

In case that Mika shows up, you mean? smilie_denk_46.gif

Sorry, forgot the :wink2:. I doubt he'll expect fans waiting outside in Monte Carlo. :naughty:

And I doubt their security are easy to work with, given the usual clientèle. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

Sorry, forgot the :wink2:. I doubt he'll expect fans waiting outside in Monte Carlo. :naughty:

And I doubt their security are easy to work with, given the usual clientèle. 

I am already imagining the situation: People arrive with limousines, others give BMWs and Porsches to the valet and then I arrive with my scratched Suzuki Swift. 🙈"Can I help you?" "Yes, I have a ticket." "Ah oh, ok." 😅

Then it might not be such a bad idea for me to put on the dress, even though others might be wearing something less festive. 😅

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I am already imagining the situation: People arrive with limousines, others give BMWs and Porsches to the valet and then I arrive with my scratched Suzuki Swift. 🙈"Can I help you?" "Yes, I have a ticket." "Ah oh, ok." 😅

Then it might not be such a bad idea for me to put on the dress, even though others might be wearing something less festive. 😅

Just tell them you're Princess Prisca, that has a nice ring to it. 😄

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Don't forget jewellery, hair, make up, evening bag. What shoes did you wear with it before, do you still have them? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

Don't forget jewellery, hair, make up, evening bag. What shoes did you wear with it before, do you still have them? 

Yes, I have jewellery. I have to buy a evening bag, because the one I had has suffered a lot. 😅I still have the shoes (black sandals with heels). :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, I have jewellery. I have to buy a evening bag, because the one I had has suffered a lot. 😅I still have the shoes (black sandals with heels). :thumb_yello:

You realise, you'll need to do a full outfit rehearsal and post a pic for feedback. :wink2:

This is turning into "Project: Get Prisca to the Palace". :lol3:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Vous réalisez que vous devrez faire une répétition complète de la tenue et publier une photo pour obtenir des commentaires. :wink2:

Cela se transforme en "Projet : Amener Prisca au Palais". :lol3:

:lmfao::clap::floor::lmao:

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Hero said:

Ooh, the blazer sounds nice. Got a pic? 

Ok, I looked for photos, didn't find them. They are from 2005/2006, before I had a digital camera. That's why I don't know if I recently saw a photo printed out, as a digital photo on my laptop, on Facebook or my brain is playing tricks with me. 🙈I took the blazer out of the wardrobe to take a photo, but that's when I discovered that it has a yellow stain on the top right. :rolleyes:Fingers crossed that I get the stain out. 🤞

20230304_101645.thumb.jpg.1fa363b7e864ce34bffd7f96c1258ea5.jpg

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Ok, I looked for photos, didn't find them. They are from 2005/2006, before I had a digital camera. That's why I don't know if I recently saw a photo printed out, as a digital photo on my laptop, on Facebook or my brain is playing tricks with me. 🙈I took the blazer out of the wardrobe to take a photo, but that's when I discovered that it has a yellow stain on the top right. :rolleyes:Fingers crossed that I get the stain out. 🤞

That's gorgeous! Little purple flowers to match the dress. :lustslow:

Might be best asking a dry cleaner to get the stain out, white can be tricky.

• Like 3

On 04/03/2023 at 10:31, Prisca said:

Bon, j'ai cherché des photos, je n'en ai pas trouvé. Elles datent de 2005/2006, avant que j'aie un appareil photo numérique. C'est pourquoi je ne sais pas si j'ai récemment vu une photo imprimée, en photo numérique sur mon portable, sur Facebook ou si mon cerveau me joue des tours. 🙈 J'ai sorti le blazer de l'armoire pour prendre une photo, mais c'est là que j'ai découvert qu'il avait une tache jaune en haut à droite. :rouler des yeux:Je croise les doigts pour que j'enlève la tache. 🤞

Hi Prisca, you mix a little water and bleach. Then you soak with a cotton swab just the task. Then you rewash your jacket in the washing machine as usual.

They call me the task champion ! :winner_first_h4h::lmfao: ( Be careful when you put your perfume on white cause it's quite possible that is the reason  of your task :wink2:)

Edited by Miky Schyns
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2023 at 9:55 PM, Hero said:

Wow!   This forum not only gives advice on what clothes to wear to a fancy Mika gig, you also deal with accessories!  

If I ever have the chance to go to a Mika philharmonic concert, I know where to get some tips!  :original:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SusanT said:

Wow!   This forum not only gives advice on what clothes to wear to a fancy Mika gig, you also deal with accessories!  

If I ever have the chance to go to a Mika philharmonic concert, I know where to get some tips!  :original:

Haha, of course! Got to look the part. Check out the Before The Show thread for the Philharmonie de Paris concerts. We were coming out of lockdown and desperate for some fun and glamour. Quite a few pictures were shared! :original: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Haha, of course! Got to look the part. Check out the Before The Show thread for the Philharmonie de Paris concerts. We were coming out of lockdown and desperate for some fun and glamour. Quite a few pictures were shared! :original: 

I realize that I might have come across as joking but it is cool that you help each other out even in the choice of appropriate apparel.

I'll have a look at the thread.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

I realize that I might have come across as joking but it is cool that you help each other out even in the choice of appropriate apparel.

I'll have a look at the thread.

Always ready to discuss dressing up. Its half the fun! 🥳

• Like 3

Oh wow, my brain isn't functioning tonight. I just looked on the ticket site, saw this:

MIKA
Le Vendredi 4 Aout 2023 à 20h30

And thought "2023 to 2030? 7 minutes? That's a short show. He'll have to be Mikaquick!" Then I realised... :baghead: :doh: :floor:
  • Haha 3

On 3/3/2023 at 7:24 PM, Prisca said:

How much would a limo hire be, to drop you there and take you back to your car afterwards? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hero said:

How much would a limo hire be, to drop you there and take you back to your car afterwards? 

I don't know, but I would have to park my car somewhere. They'll let me in, it doesn't say anywhere that you have to have an appropriate car for the dinner concert. 😅

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Hero said:

And thought "2023 to 2030? 7 minutes? That's a short show. He'll have to be Mikaquick!"

Oh, I really don't hope I paid 360 euros for a 7 minutes concert? :lmfao:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Oh wow, my brain isn't functioning tonight. I just looked on the ticket site, saw this:

MIKA
Le Vendredi 4 Aout 2023 à 20h30

And thought "2023 to 2030? 7 minutes? That's a short show. He'll have to be Mikaquick!" Then I realised... :baghead: :doh: :floor:

"2023 to 2030" ?  7 years?  :teehee: 

so Mikalong :cloud: 

I'm deffo buying a tick if the gig lasts 7 years

:swoon:

:stretcher:

:lmfao:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 5