2023 - Mika@Monte Carlo Summer Festival - Monaco, August 4th

krysady

15 hours ago, mellody said:

So we all know what Prisca will be wearing, but how about the others? ;) I bought a long purple dress a few months ago, but I think it might be too warm. So I ordered this one yesterday 

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-16 um 22.44.25.png

I'm just always wary about clothes from the internet, because I can't try it on before buying - they say the fabric is Chiffon, which should be light and fluffy, but if it doesn't feel good or if it doesn't fit, I'll send it back. Fingers crossed, because I really like how it looks on that photo. :crossed:

What a beautiful dress, Karin! That color will be lovely on you!

I'm so jealous of those of you going to this -- seems like quite an elegant affair! Like Michelle said, we definitely need a group pic!

• Like 5

I booked this event yesterday:facepalm: I can't believe I really did:blink:

This summer is crazy for me, actually one of the best of my life:cloud:

Still have to think about the dress though. 

I need a good one

How many of us are going?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Hero said:

Do you think we'll be getting up to dance? I'm just wondering if an ankle length or hi/lo hem might be more practical than a full length gown. 🤔

Seeing the current temperatures, I would personally go for a cocktail dress. But that is just me (and I am not even going! :emot-sad:)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Seeing the current temperatures, I would personally go for a cocktail dress. But that is just me (and I am not even going! :emot-sad:)

🥺 🫂

You're right, it needs to be cool. But I was thinking more about tripping over the hemline. I'm clumsy enough as it is! :lol3: 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I was looking for one, but couldn't find any short ones I like. I guess I could as well wear the dress I've been wearing in Cattolica - who defines anyway what's a summer dress and what's a cocktail dress? :lol3: If the green one doesn't fit, I also still have the shorter black one I've been wearing for the first Philharmonie gig (minus the glitter jacket), or a flowery cocktail dress / summer dress. Anyway I don't mind long skirts also in the heat, if the fabric is light. The long purple one I have has an underdress that is a quite warm fabric (some polyester), and it has short sleeves, so the shoulders are covered - which I find the biggest problem when it's hot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hero said:

I was wondering about these (ignore the bouquet 😅) but I'm not sure they're glam enough. 

image.thumb.png.5a65da9bed59288c39d159caaa396202.png

image.thumb.png.91c1b0d37fa06420d4403c36340a91f4.png

image.thumb.png.9fc8a6c376a0b204ba80d30ec8daf27f.png

image.thumb.png.06aba894a1033a65eba49498b71e8168.png

The last one doesn't look that elegant (at least not the way the model presents it), but the first 2 are perfect! I especially like the 2nd one (could that be because of the fluffy skirt?! :lol3: :mf_rosetinted:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2023 at 11:43 AM, Zita said:

So I am in now 🙂. And the biggest question what to wear..do you guys think an elegant trousers is a no go? 

That's for sure a big YES! The first rule I've learned at the styling classes was to choose the outfit according to our body shape and personality, that's the most important.  And if you know that the trousers are for you, then go for it! :thumb_yello:

On 7/16/2023 at 11:48 PM, mellody said:

So we all know what Prisca will be wearing, but how about the others? ;) I bought a long purple dress a few months ago, but I think it might be too warm. So I ordered this one yesterday 

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-16 um 22.44.25.png

I'm just always wary about clothes from the internet, because I can't try it on before buying - they say the fabric is Chiffon, which should be light and fluffy, but if it doesn't feel good or if it doesn't fit, I'll send it back. Fingers crossed, because I really like how it looks on that photo. :crossed:

Very nice cut, will look great on you!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Ok, I can't get those other dresses delivered in time (plus some dodgy reviews for their returns policy). So I've just bought this, will get it Saturday. Hope it fits! 

P79739_5633_1100x.jpg?v=1642772975

Beautiful! :wub2:

I got mine today... and returned it. It's not Chiffon but Tull, with a really warm and heavy underdress, and impossible to put on myself because it's fixed with laces at the back. I struggled to just try it on - no way I'm gonna wear that in Monaco! :no: So I might go for the long purple one, or the shorter white one with flowers, or maybe a shorter black one... hmm...

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I got mine today... and returned it. It's not Chiffon but Tull, with a really warm and heavy underdress, and impossible to put on myself because it's fixed with laces at the back. I struggled to just try it on - no way I'm gonna wear that in Monaco! :no: So I might go for the long purple one, or the shorter white one with flowers, or maybe a shorter black one... hmm...

Oh no! It looked so nice. Internet shopping strikes again. Good that you have options! 

• Like 2

Btw, is there any info about how long the event will go? Like, when the concert is over, is there still a party in the venue or does it close soon after? I somehow imagine Monte Carlo to be a nightlife place where all the restaurants, bars and clubs are open all night, but no idea really... maybe the rich people go to party on their yachts after midnight. :dunno_grin: :lol:

On 7/19/2023 at 6:37 PM, mellody said:

Picked mine up today, relieved to find it fits! But not had any luck with shoes, bag, jewellery... might have to go online and hope they deliver in time. 

Edited by Hero
No I am not buying jewellery in Monaco! 🤑
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hero said:

Picked mine up today, relieved to find it fits! But not had any luck with shoes, bag, jewellery... might have to go online and hope they deliver in time. 

If you're all going to be sat down at tables, I wouldn't worry about shoes too much.

2 minutes ago, silver said:

If you're all going to be sat down at tables, I wouldn't worry about shoes too much.

Sensible. But I don't think my sparkly flip flops will cut it. Much as I'd love to wear them in that heat!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, krysady said:

Thanks a lot @krysady

SUMMER FESTIVAL
LE SPORTING MONTE-CARLO
MIKA

04/08/2023

Le Thon
The Tuna

mi-cuit aux épices douces, aubergine et piments doux grillés,
crémeux de pois chiches, falafels menthe et coriandre

semi-cooked with sweet spices, eggplant and sweet grilled peppers
chickpeas cream, mint and coriander falafels

Le Blackcod
The Blackcod

Caramélisé au Miso, petits choux farcis aux champignons noirs,
filaments de radis croquants

caramelized with Miso, small cabbages stuffed with black mushrooms,
crunchy raddish filament

La Framboise
The Raspberry

Croustillant au citron vert, coulis fruits rouges
Et glace vanille

Lime crispy cake,red berries coulis,
Vanilla ice-cream

Price: 360 €
per person, including tax and service (beverages in addition)

Prix : 360 €
par personne, taxes et service inclus (boissons en supplément)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 7:19 PM, Hero said:

Do you think we'll be getting up to dance?

Asked them and they said No, there's no place for dancing and not allowed to get up, probably for not obstructing the view of others.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3