2023 - Mika @ No Borders Music Festival, Tarvisio, ITALY, 23 July REPORTS/VIDS/PICS

Kumazzz

On 7/24/2023 at 9:15 PM, Ax07 said:

But MIKA gave me the most wonderful, and the most beautiful smile, with the cutest waving accompanied, while he was driven past me on the street in his car, while I was walking down to the parking slot. 🫶

That sounds really nice :wub2:

I think, I've seen you, but I didn't kow you are an fellow Austrian, what a pity...

• Like 2

Hi

After 3 days of being on an emotional rollercoaster and having post concert depression, I think it’s time for writing a review :lol3:

The Tarvisio gig was my very first Mika show. I was beyond excited to see him for the first time and my reaction was … oh my god! what a great artist/showman/popstar/exceptional singer he is. I knew this concert would live up to my expectations of course, but it was still so much more than I had imagined.

What I particularly liked about this gig was that NOTHING was usual about it. Have you ever woken up at 7 AM and climbed a mountain in the Alps to a see a show? Well, me neither. Needless to say, it was totally worth it. I couldn’t get enough of the scenery surrounding the venue. It felt like a fairy tale, like I have entered another world.

Luckily, I managed to get really close to the stage so I had a perfect view of him and the band. Everyone around me was so happy, dancing, singing and cheering for him the entire time, it was impossible not to have a good time. The Lollipop intro was enough to get everyone in the mood for partying like crazy. Then my favourite song, Origin of Love started and I think that was the point when I completely surrendered to the "Mika magic", I lost track of time and completely forgot there was a world outside of these beautiful mountains, a really, really happy crowd and the most talented man I have ever seen, singing on the stage :cheer:

I had a big flower crown made by me and my mom, and I was hoping I could give it to Mika but he walked into the crowd a bit further away from me so I didn’t get the chance. But I was happy for the propeller hat he got, it was hilarious! He also mentioned that this hat was featured in a TV series (was it The Little Rascals? after googling a bit I think it might be). If I heard it correctly, he said that in the intro he used a sample from the music of the series, so it was a funny coincidence. But please correct me if I’m wrong :) What I really liked is that he took time to appreciate the beautiful view, the mountains and trees. He also changed the lyrics a few times to include the mountains (for example during Tiny Love), it was so funny!

Then he explained he wanted to do something different this time and transform this frontal show into a "concerto circolare" and he went into the crowd again. He asked everyone to sit in a circle, with him in the middle and performed No Place In Heaven (one of my favourites, it was such a nice surprise!), Good Guys and finally Underwater, with a funny intermezzo, asking a lady a bit far from the audience, chilling under the trees to sing Underwater back to him. I believe he felt at ease among the audience, everyone was very respectful.

After returning to the stage, he sang Rain, Yo Yo, Elle Me Dit, Boum Boum Boum as well so I think this was the most intense part of the show, we were jumping and screaming the entire time, I really had the time of my life. After Happy Ending and Grace Kelly I knew something was still missing from the setlist but I couldn’t figure out what, and I totally forgot about We Are Golden, so when he started singing "teenage dreams…" I jumped like crazy and somehow he managed to bring the energy level of the crowd even higher. Dancing to We Are Golden and Love Today was truly a magical experience and a perfect way to end this euphoric show. And then yet another sweet surprise: Mika and his dog came on stage :cloud: Such a heart-warming scene.

Then I went to the backstage exit – or at least I thought I was there, because after half an hour we realised we were waiting at the wrong exit :lmfao: Unfortunately, I had to leave before he came out, I wish I could have stayed. I still feel very lucky, ‘cause I had the chance to travel from quite far away (with my parents) to see him at this unique venue and I got to experience his magic for the first time. There was everything: singing at the top of our lungs, dancing, jumping, laughing, crying tears of joy. So many great memories, so much happiness, so many friendly faces. Now I know, when Mika is on stage, you gotta expect all of the above. Like my mom said, his happiness, cheerfulness and energy is contagious, he charmed the audience in the best way possible.

So thank you Mika from the bottom of my heart, you made us really happy. Can’t wait to see you again.:mikalove:

P.S. I haven't taken many quality photos or videos, but I wanted to share with you this one, I love how everyone is smiling and seems genuinely happy!

20230723_161009.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Tori13 said:

Hi

After 3 days of being on an emotional rollercoaster and having post concert depression, I think it’s time for writing a review :lol3:

The Tarvisio gig was my very first Mika show. I was beyond excited to see him for the first time and my reaction was … oh my god! what a great artist/showman/popstar/exceptional singer he is. I knew this concert would live up to my expectations of course, but it was still so much more than I had imagined.

What I particularly liked about this gig was that NOTHING was usual about it. Have you ever woken up at 7 AM and climbed a mountain in the Alps to a see a show? Well, me neither. Needless to say, it was totally worth it. I couldn’t get enough of the scenery surrounding the venue. It felt like a fairy tale, like I have entered another world.

Luckily, I managed to get really close to the stage so I had a perfect view of him and the band. Everyone around me was so happy, dancing, singing and cheering for him the entire time, it was impossible not to have a good time. The Lollipop intro was enough to get everyone in the mood for partying like crazy. Then my favourite song, Origin of Love started and I think that was the point when I completely surrendered to the "Mika magic", I lost track of time and completely forgot there was a world outside of these beautiful mountains, a really, really happy crowd and the most talented man I have ever seen, singing on the stage :cheer:

I had a big flower crown made by me and my mom, and I was hoping I could give it to Mika but he walked into the crowd a bit further away from me so I didn’t get the chance. But I was happy for the propeller hat he got, it was hilarious! He also mentioned that this hat was featured in a TV series (was it The Little Rascals? after googling a bit I think it might be). If I heard it correctly, he said that in the intro he used a sample from the music of the series, so it was a funny coincidence. But please correct me if I’m wrong :) What I really liked is that he took time to appreciate the beautiful view, the mountains and trees. He also changed the lyrics a few times to include the mountains (for example during Tiny Love), it was so funny!

Then he explained he wanted to do something different this time and transform this frontal show into a "concerto circolare" and he went into the crowd again. He asked everyone to sit in a circle, with him in the middle and performed No Place In Heaven (one of my favourites, it was such a nice surprise!), Good Guys and finally Underwater, with a funny intermezzo, asking a lady a bit far from the audience, chilling under the trees to sing Underwater back to him. I believe he felt at ease among the audience, everyone was very respectful.

After returning to the stage, he sang Rain, Yo Yo, Elle Me Dit, Boum Boum Boum as well so I think this was the most intense part of the show, we were jumping and screaming the entire time, I really had the time of my life. After Happy Ending and Grace Kelly I knew something was still missing from the setlist but I couldn’t figure out what, and I totally forgot about We Are Golden, so when he started singing "teenage dreams…" I jumped like crazy and somehow he managed to bring the energy level of the crowd even higher. Dancing to We Are Golden and Love Today was truly a magical experience and a perfect way to end this euphoric show. And then yet another sweet surprise: Mika and his dog came on stage :cloud: Such a heart-warming scene.

Then I went to the backstage exit – or at least I thought I was there, because after half an hour we realised we were waiting at the wrong exit :lmfao: Unfortunately, I had to leave before he came out, I wish I could have stayed. I still feel very lucky, ‘cause I had the chance to travel from quite far away (with my parents) to see him at this unique venue and I got to experience his magic for the first time. There was everything: singing at the top of our lungs, dancing, jumping, laughing, crying tears of joy. So many great memories, so much happiness, so many friendly faces. Now I know, when Mika is on stage, you gotta expect all of the above. Like my mom said, his happiness, cheerfulness and energy is contagious, he charmed the audience in the best way possible.

So thank you Mika from the bottom of my heart, you made us really happy. Can’t wait to see you again.:mikalove:

P.S. I haven't taken many quality photos or videos, but I wanted to share with you this one, I love how everyone is smiling and seems genuinely happy!

20230723_161009.jpg

Thank you for your emotional report.

I am so happy that your first Mika concert was so special on many different levels. Starting from the venue and ending by your happiness Mika brings to his audience :fangurl:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassilda said:

That sounds really nice :wub2:

I think, I've seen you, but I didn't kow you are an fellow Austrian, what a pity...

Ist ja nicht so schlimm 😝 immerhin haben wir Ihn gesehen, aber wäre sehr nett gewesen ein bisschen zu plaudern, vielleicht bei unserem nächsten Konzert 😉

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gigimau said:

It's so nice that there are more Austrian Mika fans again

Es ist sooooooooooo schön,dass es wieder mehr österreichische Fans gibt :welcomeani:

@Gigimau I love your new avatar so much !!!:fangurl:

1 hour ago, Gigimau said:

It's so nice that there are more Austrian Mika fans again

Es ist sooooooooooo schön,dass es wieder mehr österreichische Fans gibt :welcomeani:

Hehe 🇦🇹🇦🇹🇦🇹🇦🇹

Anyone remember the setlist from the No Borders Music Festival ?

Is it a correct ?

Thank you.

Radio Music Italia

https://www.radiomusik.it/scaletta-mika-a-tarvisio-23luglio-2023/

Scaletta Mika Tarvisio

1. Lollipop
  2. Origin of Love
  3. Ice Cream
  4. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  5. Tiny Love
  6. Relax, Take It Easy
  7. Overrated
  8. No Place in Heaven
  9. Good Guys
  10. Underwater
  11. Rain
  12. Boum Boum Boum
  13. Yo Yo
  14. Elle me dit
  15. Happy Ending
  16. Grace Kelly
  17. We Are Golden

9 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Anyone remember the setlist from the No Borders Music Festival ?

Is it a correct ?

Thank you.

Radio Music Italia

https://www.radiomusik.it/scaletta-mika-a-tarvisio-23luglio-2023/

Scaletta Mika Tarvisio

1. Lollipop
  2. Origin of Love
  3. Ice Cream
  5. Tiny Love
  6. Relax, Take It Easy
  7. Overrated
  8. No Place in Heaven
  9. Good Guys
  10. Underwater
  11. Rain
  12. Boum Boum Boum
  13. Yo Yo
  14. Elle me dit
  15. Happy Ending
  16. Grace Kelly
  17. We Are Golden

Yes, it is correct. Only Love today is missing. It was the encore after Golden. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

Yes, it is correct. Only Love today is missing. It was the encore after Golden. 

Thank you very much @lormare73 !!

1. Lollipop
  2. Origin of Love
  3. Ice Cream
  5. Tiny Love
  6. Relax, Take It Easy
  7. Overrated
  8. No Place in Heaven
  9. Good Guys
  10. Underwater
  11. Rain
  12. Boum Boum Boum
  13. Yo Yo
  14. Elle me dit
  15. Happy Ending
  16. Grace Kelly
  17. We Are Golden
  18. Love Today
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Thank you very much @lormare73 !!

1. Lollipop
  2. Origin of Love
  3. Ice Cream
  5. Tiny Love
  6. Relax, Take It Easy
  7. Overrated
  8. No Place in Heaven
  9. Good Guys
  10. Underwater
  11. Rain
  12. Boum Boum Boum
  13. Yo Yo
  14. Elle me dit
  15. Happy Ending
  16. Grace Kelly
  17. We Are Golden
  18. Love Today

Was YoYo really between the French (Boum,  Elle) can’t remember this 🤔but I don’t know 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ax07 said:

Was YoYo really between the French (Boum,  Elle) can’t remember this 🤔but I don’t know 

Hmm... I think YoYo was right after Rain, because I remember Mika wearing the white/beige suit while singing BBB, and during YoYo he was in pink

Edited by Tori13

20 minutes ago, Tori13 said:

Hmm... I think YoYo was right after Rain, because I remember Mika wearing the white/beige suit while singing BBB, and during YoYo he was in pink

No, he was in pink for BBB. I recorded each song and I checked the order. BBB and Yoyo in pink, then he changed and wore the white suit for EMD

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

No, he was in pink for BBB. I recorded each song and I checked the order. BBB and Yoyo in pink, then he changed and wore the white suit for EMD

Oh, okay sorry! :lol:

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvM64x8vxnh/

I love this video from the nobordersmusicfestival account so much!! Is there any way to download it from instagram? :)

Thanks a lot for posting.

About INSTAGRAM - downloading

https://saveig.app/en/instagram-video-downloader does help you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

I love this video from the nobordersmusicfestival account so much!! Is there any way to download it from instagram? :)

@mikainstagram ha il potere magico di farci assaggiare la vita a suon di musica!

L’energia che c’era durante il suo live al #NoBorders2023 ce la stiamo ancora portando in giro. Riuscire ad entrare nel mondo di Mika è semplice, basta seguire gli indizi che canzone dopo canzone elargisce, seguendo il flusso naturale degli eventi della sua vita, della vita di tutti noi! La sua musica, esattamente come lui, non è mai forzata ma sempre limpida.
Grazie a Mika, ma grazie anche a tutti voi!
@goigest
🎥 @tabyosh

@mikainstagram has the magic power to make us taste life with music!

The energy that was during his live at #NoBorders2023 we are still carrying around. Being able to enter Mika's world is simple, just follow the clues that song after song she bestows, following the natural flow of events in her life, in the life of all of us! His music, just like him, is never forced but always clear.
Thanks to Mika, but also thanks to all of you!

@goigest
🎥 @tabyosh

RE-uploaded to YouTube

• Like 2

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvNBDo6rubkrIjLjByadauLXl5VmUjIU5mvkaI0/

posted by Tiziana Martinengo ( A producer of Casa Mika )

tizimartinengo_264225172_492249708746755_1954834056039163177_n.thumb.jpg.8969ec3a43a54f63a535d1db0d12d17f.jpg

Elle Me Dit  : Mika dancing with Tiziana Martinengo on stage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The concert at the No Borders Music Festival in Tarvisio, was one of the most beautiful concerts of Mika I've ever seen. :cloud:

Every concert is wonderful, but this was really special. The location in the middle of the mountains and the lake, the small stage and all the audience gathered around him... So amazing! :wub2: When he got off the stage, he sat everyone on the grass and sang between us. I was in the barricade with my friends and we couldn’t sit... He understood that it was impossible to sit on the ground and told us that we were going to sing. It was beautiful! I'll never forget Mika singing Good Guys and No Place In Heaven with trees and mountains in the background and thousands of people at his feet. :group_hug:

It was very exciting! I really loved this concert from the beginning to the end. A concert in daylight is something indescribable... During the final greetings Mel went on stage with Mika and the musicians. After the concert he stopped with us to talk, take selfies and autographs. The Italian tour ended up a lot better than the ways. :cloud:

I share some photos and videos of the show:

Photo-20230725-132316-S-760x1229.png

Photo-20230725-132230-S-751x1229.png

Photo-20230725-132141-S-788x1229.png

Photo-20230725-131843-S-812x1229.png

Photo-20230725-131600-S-739x1229.png

Photo-20230725-131355-S-698x1229.png

Photo-20230725-131209-S-700x1229.png

Photo-20230725-131143-S-699x1229.png

Photo-20230725-131047-S-702x1229.png

Photo-20230725-130854-S-700x1229.png

Photo-20230725-130957-S-703x1229.png

Screenshot_20230723_164109_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230723_163950_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230723_164016_Gallery.jpg

Polish_20230725_095152898.jpg

Screenshot_20230725_104130_Gallery.jpg

20230723_080853(0).jpg

20230721_192750.jpg

20230721_192011.jpg

20230723_081129.jpg

20230724_102339.jpg

20230724_103234(0).jpg

Polish_20230724_195632519.jpg

20230722_184516.jpg

Polish_20230721_232233848.jpg

Edited by Gabry74
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

NEWSPAPER

Il Foglio

29 Luglio 2023

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:
Il Foglio

29 Luglio 2023

WOODSTOCK TRA I MONTI
Al confine con Austria e Slovenia, trentasei ore di concerti rock, droga (panini imbottiti) e foto da fare invidia

A rriva la soffiata: sono là. Sguardo complice. “Me ne sparo almeno tre: mi voglio sballare!”. Serve roba forte per godersi questa Woodstock al meglio. Basta seguire gli occhi eccitati della tribù. I pusher sono ben forniti. E le opzioni sono due. Per cominciare c’è il pulled pork – spalla di maiale sfilacciata con coleslaw, la tipica insalata di cavolo e carote, più salsa barbecue a innaffiare il tutto.

Un panino vagamente lisergico: c’è chi lo chiama Hofmann, in onore del padre dell’Lsd. Fila silenziosa – e chilometrica – alle casette di legno, tipo pifferaio di Hamelin. Basta il profumo, in effetti. Tutti in attesa della dose di piacere, a base di carboidrati e proteine. Manca poco alle 14. Le casse stanno per pompare, occorre caricarsi: “Dammene cinque”.

Oppure – ma qui si entra in un’espe - rienza davvero mistica – c’è il frico: patate, cipolle e formaggio Montasio fuso mischiati e sciolti insieme (digestione prevista entro una settimana, ma questo è vero sesso-droga-rock’n roll in unico piatto). Paura e delirio tra le montagne: ora la festa può iniziare. Non esiste contróra quassù. Tutto è capovolto: 18 gradi alle due di pomeriggio, concerti – e che concerti – incastonati tra vette e laghi turchesi. Telefonate di sfottò ai malcapitati rimasti a Roma: “Come va? Fa caldo, abbi pazienza: è luglio”. Armocromia naturale tutto intorno. Il presepe in questione tende così tanto al bello che a nessuno passa per la mente di buttare per terra finanche uno spillo.

Tuttavia Legambiente ha tutti gli anni qualcosa da ridire per una polemica che è come la pizza: mare e monti (basta ricordarsi della cagnara scatenata da mondi ambientalisti un po’ esagitati contro i “Jova Beach Party”).

Tutto è maledettamente instagrammabile. E non a caso spunterà nel weekend anche Chiara Maci, nostra signora della forchetta, la Chiara Ferragni della gastronomia, ma soprattutto, o forse anche, volto tv consolidato ai fornelli. “Possiamo farci un selfie?”. “Certo”. Così per due giorni. Insomma, si chiama “No Borders Music Festival”: ospiti internazionali, pubblico da mezza Europa, enogastronomia (di sera anche stellata). E’ l’edizione numero ventotto. Racconta chi ne sa che, per una particolare conformazione del territorio, ci troviamo tra le località più fredde d’Italia, anche se siamo sotto i mille metri. In inverno ma anche – e questo sì che è un superbonus – in estate, specie questa estate. Altro che Twiga, Papeete e Santa Marinella: Laghi di Fusine, Tarvisio, Udine, Friuli-Venezia Giulia. Un’ora e mezza da Trieste. Siamo ai confini del “Fedriga - stan”, ma comunque sempre nella sua terra, esilio dorato. Tanto che di domenica, nel giorno dello show di quel Peter Pan di Mika, comparirà anche il governatore leghista dal volto simpatico, con moglie e prole al seguito. Non è il pratone di Pontida: è molto meglio. Chissà se lo pensa anche lui, mentre deve badare ai figli che scorrazzano in lungo e in largo. L’altra faccia del Carroccio viene spesso qui per rigenerarsi, o forse per ecologia mentale. E’ il suo buen rifugio: ha un terreno con una casa proprio a Camporosso in Valcanale, altra cartolina qui accanto. Eppure una settimana più tardi (oggi per chi legge) dovrà lasciare questa arietta fresca per fare rotta su Cervia-Milano Marittima, riviera romagnola, per la consueta festa della Lega, passata alle cronache come quella del Papeete. Quassù comunque niente mojito, sia chiaro. Si bevono, e tante, birre. Ma anche spritz e hugo (drink locale a base di prosecco, sciroppo di fiori di sambuco, seltz e foglie di menta).

Per raggiungere la bellezza occorre faticare, e questo si sa. Dunque se ti vuoi godere un’esperienza che poi racconterai alla mamma e agli amici immersi nella calura, devi salire a piedi o in bici dal paese, Tarvisio, su su fino ai laghi. Google Maps informa: l’Austria dista cinque chilometri, la Slovenia sei. Chiamate di corsa il ministro della Sanità tedesco Karl Lauterbach, ditegli di non ascoltare i first gentleman alla tv, ma di fermarsi in questa Open to meraviglia. E’ meta-turismo: si mangia, si beve, si balla, si canta. E viceversa, con l’ordine che più si preferisce. E la foresta, pietrificata e millenaria come da didascalia delle brochure, ti guarda. Che magia questa montagna. In un attimo si è in zona Thomas Mann (classicone da citare a cena in un impeto di banalità) e si capisce meglio (forse) la scelta di vita di Paolo Cognetti, interpretata al cinema poi dalla coppia Borghi Marinelli. “E’ straordinario. Questa è la mia prima volta”, dirà come noi novelli anche lei, Dalia Gaber, figlia di Giorgio e Ombretta Colli: metà donna e metà ufficio stampa. Una relazione pubblica che cammina. La sua agenzia, Goigest, gestisce una tale parure di artisti che potrebbe organizzare in autonomia tre Sanremo e due Eurovision. E’ anche lei qui. La sua Milano, che non è più quella di Cerutti Gino, per due giorni può aspettare.

Ecco, insomma per raccontare questo evento, nell’Italia dei festival estivi come ottima proposta di mini vacanza, bisogna mettere in fila gli ospiti del “No Boarders”: oggi alle due sull’altopiano del Montasio sarà la volta di Stefano Bollani e Trilok Gurtu. Domani, domenica, al rifugio Gilberti quella di Benjamin Clementine. Una settima fa Euterpe, dea della musica, è riuscita a mettere insieme in ventiquattro ore la voce magnetica di Skin (con figlia Lev Lylah e compagna al seguito) e poi Mika, folletto spiritato in grado di scendere dal palco e dire a settemila persone: “Adesso facciamo un patto: voi vi mettete tutti seduti, io canto in mezzo a voi che sarete il mio coro”. Una roba da stropicciarsi gli occhi. D’altronde è il festival senza confini. Questo mese sono passati dai laghi di Fusine Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Baustelle, Mannarino. Per dire. In quasi trent’anni un bel pezzo di musica si è ossigenata qui: da Manu Chao a Jovanotti, passando per Pino Daniele, Franco Battiato, Zucchero, Gianna Nannini, Björk, Paolo Conte, R.e.m., Sinéad O’Connor, Lenny Kravitz, Madonna, Ac/Dc, Vinicio Capossela, Bruce Springsteen, Foo Fighters. Sempre per dire.

Tarvisio, il paese del grande evento, ha quattromila anime. E un’economia che si regge sulla montagna tutto l’anno. Con un liceo dello sport che indica subito lo stile di vita degli abitanti. “Una sciata, una ciaspolata, una passeggiata, un po’ di trekking e passa la giornata”, spiega con una semplicità disarmante (forse vuole impressionarci in quanto romani da barbarizzare) Simone, trentenne pieno di storie di “mo - rose” da raccontare. Ha il compito di guidare il van dei musicisti dall’aeroporto di Trieste Ronchi dei legionari al festival. Anche due volte al giorno. “Noi qui dormiamo con le chiavi dietro alla porta”, dirà ancora come ennesimo gesto di sfida nei confronti di chi viene da Roma, la cui percezione della sicurezza è compromessa. Il padre di Simone fa il cuoco nel backstage dell’evento. Entrambi sono parte di questo microsistema economico creato dal consorzio di promozione turistica del Tarvisano, diretto da Claudio Tognoni. E’ lui il manager che si è inventato per sfida tutto questo ventotto anni fa. “La passione per la musica, la voglia di non avere confini di alcun tipo, il rispetto e l’amore per questi posti unici: tutto nacque così, un po’ per gioco e un po’ per pazzia”, dice Tognoni, visibilmente soddisfatto. I cantanti che suonano qui, poi ritornano: è sicuro. E lo raccontano. E intanto si fa marketing territoriale di un piccolo paradiso che altrimenti rimarrebbe in uno stupendo anonimato del vattelappesca.

Nel sabato di Skin (regina del rock senza età: ha 57 anni, ma potrebbe averne 37, o 27 o forse 47) sono state avvistate creste blu e pubblico molto rock. Siamo in zona diva. Canta, regala i testi dei pezzi ai fan, beve un bicchiere di vino rosso, poi un altro di bianco. Prende in braccio di tanto in tanto la figlia. La domenica di Mika, ultima tappa del suo tour, è il trionfo della generazione Z. In mezzo c’è stata la cena, perché sempre in Italia alla fine siamo e dunque tocca mangiare – e bene. Una volta scesi in paese l’edizione del festival di quest’anno per palati e tasche più raffinate ha messo in piedi anche la versione estiva di “Ein Prosit”: cucina di alto profilo con prodotti tradizionali della zona reinterpretati dalle mani di chef stellati provenienti dai migliori ristoranti del paese. Per gli esperti e gli amanti del genere si sono messi ai fornelli Jacopo Ticchi, Federico Sisti, Alessandro Negrini, Chiara Pavan, Francesco Brutto, Salvatore Sodano, Karime Lopez e Takahiko Kondo, Alessandro Dal Degan, Riccardo Gaspari, Michele Lazzarini, Alberto Toè, Arianna Consiglio. Insomma la repubblica degli chef.

Ora è tutto chiaro: foto per Instagram da paura, più cucina che te la ricordi, ecco perché c’è anche Chiara Maci, account sui social: “Chiarainpentola”. “La Maci”, bolognese, già compagna di uno altro chef della Milano dei boschi verticali come Filippo La Mantia, è l’altra star: una macchina da guerra fra post, libri, tour enograstronomici in giro per il paese. “Quando vado a cena per lavoro mi presento da sola e ordino mezzo menu”, dice con naturalezza nonostante una linea da fare invidia. Cibo, foto e poi via nella mischia della Woodstock tarvisiana con short e maglietta dell’evento. Tutto si tiene e si chiude, senza furori luciferini ultraecologisti, ma con una discreta quota di buonsenso a partire da chi ha messo in piedi tutto questo ambaradan. Energia pura. Come quella che trasmette Mika che dopo lo show racconta: “La natura ti provoca un contatto con la gente incredibile: un mix tra l’immensità di queste montagne e un’intimità pazzesca. Si forma una sorta di trasparenza umana, un nudismo, ma rimanendo vestiti. Oggi sono molto felice: è giusto così, mi sento fortunato”. Il suo concerto entrerà nell’almanacco di questo festival per intensità, spettacolo e performance. La sera prima a cena, dopo aver chiesto il bis di anguilla con more fermentate e salsa barbecue, salutava la compagnia prima di tutti dicendo con senso del dovere: “Devo andare a dormire prima di mezzanotte, ho un concerto domani”. E di non fare le ore piccole ne è valsa la pena. Per lui e per chi era lì ad ascoltarlo.

Trentasei ore vissute così e l’afa della città fa meno paura. La festa riparte oggi con le ultime due date di questa edizione. Chi non sarà lassù dovrà accontentarsi di Instagram.

Page 11

IlFoglio29Luglio2023-p_11.thumb.jpg.f5454d634dbf6cc2b939a314b5837880.jpg

Twitter

mikainstagram story

:uk: Google translator

WOODSTOCK IN THE MOUNTAINS
On the border with Austria and Slovenia, thirty-six hours of rock concerts, drugs (stuffed sandwiches) and enviable photos

The tip arrives: they are there. Complicit look. "I shoot at least three: I want to get high!". You need strong stuff to enjoy this Woodstock at its best. Just follow the excited eyes of the tribe. Pushers are well stocked. And there are two options. To begin with, there is the pulled pork – pulled pork shoulder with coleslaw, the typical cabbage and carrot salad, plus barbecue sauce to wash it all down.

A vaguely lysergic sandwich: some call it Hofmann, in honor of the father of LSD. Silent – and mileage – row to the wooden houses, like the Pied Piper of Hamelin. Just the scent, in fact. All waiting for the dose of pleasure, based on carbohydrates and proteins. It's almost 2 pm. The coffers are about to pump, we need to load up: "Give me five".

Or – but here we enter a truly mystical experience – there is frico: potatoes, onions and melted Montasio cheese mixed and melted together (digestion expected within a week, but this is true sex-drug-rock'n roll in one plate). Fear and loathing in the mountains: now the party can begin. There is no contróra up here. Everything is turned upside down: 18 degrees at two in the afternoon, concerts – and what concerts – nestled between peaks and turquoise lakes. Teasing phone calls to the unfortunate people who remained in Rome: “How are you doing? It's hot, have patience: it's July". Natural color scheme all around. The nativity scene in question tends so much towards beauty that no one even throws a pin on the ground.

However, every year Legambiente has something to say about a controversy that is like pizza: sea and mountains (just remember the uproar unleashed by somewhat exaggerated environmentalist worlds against the "Jova Beach Party").

Everything is bloody instagrammable. And it is no coincidence that Chiara Maci, our lady of the fork, the Chiara Ferragni of gastronomy, but above all, or perhaps also, the consolidated TV face in the kitchen, will also appear over the weekend. “Can we take a selfie?”. "Certain". So for two days. In short, it is called "No Borders Music Festival": international guests, audiences from half of Europe, food and wine (even starry in the evening). It is the twenty-eighth edition. Those who know tell us that, due to a particular conformation of the territory, we are among the coldest places in Italy, even if we are below a thousand metres. In winter but also – and this is a superbonus – in summer, especially this summer. Other than Twiga, Papeete and Santa Marinella: Fusine lakes, Tarvisio, Udine, Friuli-Venezia Giulia. An hour and a half from Trieste. We are on the border of the "Fedriga - stan", but still in his land, golden exile. So much so that on Sunday, on the day of the show of that Peter Pan of Mika, the Northern League governor with a nice face will also appear, with his wife and offspring in tow. It's not Pontida's pratone: it's much better. Who knows if he thinks so too, while he has to look after his children who roam far and wide. The other face of the Carroccio often comes here to regenerate, or perhaps for mental ecology. It is his buen refuge: he has land with a house right in Camporosso in Valcanale, another postcard nearby. Yet a week later (today for the reader) he will have to leave this fresh breeze to head for Cervia-Milano Marittima, the Romagna Riviera, for the usual Lega party, which went down in the news like that of Papeete. Up here, however, no mojito, mind you. They drink, and many, beers. But also spritz and hugo (a local drink based on prosecco, elderflower syrup, seltzer and mint leaves).

To achieve beauty you need to work hard, and this is known. So if you want to enjoy an experience that you will then tell your mother and friends immersed in the heat, you have to walk or cycle up from the town, Tarvisio, all the way up to the lakes. Google Maps informs: Austria is five kilometers away, Slovenia six. Hurry call the German Health Minister Karl Lauterbach, tell him not to listen to the first gentlemen on TV, but to stop in this Open to marvel. It is meta-tourism: you eat, drink, dance, sing. And vice versa, in the order you prefer. And the forest, petrified and millenary as per the caption of the brochures, looks at you. How magical this mountain is. In a moment you are in the Thomas Mann area (a classic to be mentioned at dinner in a rush of banality) and you can better understand (perhaps) Paolo Cognetti's life choice, then interpreted in the cinema by the Borghi Marinelli couple. "It is extraordinary. This is my first time”, Dalia Gaber, daughter of Giorgio and Ombretta Colli, will say like us newbies: half woman and half press office. A walking public relationship. Her agency, Goigest, manages such a parure of artists that it could autonomously organize three Sanremos and two Eurovision songs. She's here too. Her Milan, which is no longer that of Gino Cerutti, can wait for two days.

Here, in short, to tell this event, in the Italy of summer festivals as an excellent mini-holiday proposal, you have to line up the guests of the "No Boarders": today at two o'clock on the Montasio plateau it will be the turn of Stefano Bollani and Trilok Gurtu . Tomorrow, Sunday, Benjamin Clementine's at the Gilberti refuge. A week ago Euterpe, goddess of music, managed to put together in twenty-four hours the magnetic voice of Skin (with daughter Lev Lylah and companion in tow) and then Mika, a spirited elf capable of getting off the stage and saying to seven thousand people: "Now let's make a pact: you all sit down, I sing among you who will be my choir". Something to rub your eyes. After all, it is the festival without borders. This month Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Baustelle, Mannarino passed by the lakes of Fusine. To say. In almost thirty years a beautiful piece of music has been oxygenated here: from Manu Chao to Jovanotti, via Pino Daniele, Franco Battiato, Zucchero, Gianna Nannini, Björk, Paolo Conte, R.e.m., Sinéad O'Connor, Lenny Kravitz, Madonna , Ac/Dc, Vinicio Capossela, Bruce Springsteen, Foo Fighters. Always to say.

Tarvisio, the town of the great event, has four thousand souls. And an economy that is based on the mountain all year round. With a sports high school that immediately indicates the lifestyle of the inhabitants. "Skiing, snowshoeing, a walk, a bit of trekking and spend the day", explains with disarming simplicity (perhaps he wants to impress us as Romans to be barbarized) Simone, thirty years old full of "mo - rose" stories to tell . He has the task of driving the musicians' van from the Trieste Ronchi airport of the legionaries to the festival. Even twice a day. "We sleep here with the keys behind the door", he will say again as yet another gesture of defiance towards those who come from Rome, whose perception of security is compromised. Simone's father is the cook in the backstage of the event. Both are part of this economic microsystem created by the Tarvisano tourism promotion consortium, directed by Claudio Tognoni. He is the manager who invented all of this twenty-eight years ago as a challenge. "The passion for music, the desire to have no boundaries of any kind, the respect and love for these unique places: it all started like this, a bit for fun and a bit for madness", says Tognoni, visibly satisfied . The singers who play here, then come back: that's for sure. And they tell it. And in the meantime, territorial marketing is being done for a small paradise that would otherwise remain in a stupendous anonymity of whatever.

On Skin Saturday (queen of ageless rock: she's 57, but she could be 37, or 27 or maybe 47) blue crests were spotted and very rock audience. We are in the diva zone. She sings, gives the lyrics to the fans, drinks a glass of red wine, then another of white. She picks up her daughter from time to time. Mika's Sunday, the last stage of her tour, is the triumph of generation Z. In the middle there was dinner, because we are always in Italy in the end and therefore we have to eat - and well. Once in the village, this year's edition of the festival for more refined palates and pockets also set up the summer version of "Ein Prosit": high-profile cuisine with traditional products of the area reinterpreted by the hands of starred chefs from from the best restaurants in the country. For experts and lovers of the genre, Jacopo Ticchi, Federico Sisti, Alessandro Negrini, Chiara Pavan, Francesco Brutto, Salvatore Sodano, Karime Lopez and Takahiko Kondo, Alessandro Dal Degan, Riccardo Gaspari, Michele Lazzarini, Alberto Toè, put themselves in the kitchen. Ariadne Council. In short, the republic of chefs.

Now everything is clear: scary Instagram photos, more cuisine than you remember, that's why Chiara Maci is also there, account on social networks: "Chiarainpentola". "La Maci", from Bologna, former companion of another chef from Milan of vertical forests like Filippo La Mantia, is the other star: a war machine between posts, books, food and wine tours around the country. “When I go to dinner for work, I show up by myself and order half a menu,” she says naturally despite a line that is enviable. Food, photos and then off to the fray of Tarvisio Woodstock with shorts and t-shirt of the event.

Everything is held and closed, without ultra-ecological Luciferian fury, but with a fair amount of common sense starting from whoever set up all this ambaradan.

Pure energy. Like the one Mika broadcasts who after the show he says: “Nature brings you into contact with incredible people: a mix between the immensity of these mountains and a crazy intimacy. A sort of human transparency is formed, a nudism, but while remaining clothed. Today I'm very happy: that's right, I feel lucky". His concert will enter the almanac of this festival for its intensity, spectacle and performance. The evening before at dinner, after asking for an encore of eel with fermented blackberries and barbecue sauce, he greeted the company first of all by saying with a sense of duty:

"I have to go to sleep before midnight, I have a concert tomorrow". And not staying up late was worth it. For him and for those who were there to listen to him.

Thirty-six hours lived like this and the heat of the city is less scary. The party starts again today with the last two dates of this edition. Those who won't be up there will have to settle for Instagram.

IlFoglio29Luglio2023-p_11.jpg.d8319d5aab

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What was the author of this article on?? 😂

5 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

and then Mika, a spirited elf capable of getting off the stage and saying to seven thousand people: "Now let's make a pact: you all sit down, I sing among you who will be my choir". Something to rub your eyes. 

Um sure we love our capable elf man ❤️

5 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Mika's Sunday, the last stage of her tour, is the triumph of generation Z.

Since when is Mika's audience mainly Gen Z?? I guess we should be flattered that we all pass for like 25 apparently 😅

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

I had started writing this report while I was still waiting for my train in Tarvisio, but didn't get it finished until now. Too many distractions, lol! :lol3:

What an amazing gig that was! :wub2:  I arrived together with Marion with the night train shortly before 6, and Nina's husband was so kind to drive us to the lakes. I didn't know that it was possible to drive there directly early in the morning, as on the website it just said you need to walk or come by bike. Apparently some fans had even slept there in their cars... so Marion & I were #15 & 16 in line. Anyway, the view there was breathtaking!  In the morning with the clear air and the dew and the fog over the lake and the sun rising it was even more special!

20230723_062705.jpg

20230723_063253.jpg

Several hikers were on their way in the area as well. We could hear the sound of cowbells and saw a few little glaciers up on the mountain, later there were horses by the lake and the cows came down too. We also saw a few ducks with their fluffy ducklings, which were coming really close to us, they were so cute and curious and we could see their parents watch warily.  Anyway they made me think of Mika and his special memories of ducks - when we met him after the show, I showed him a little clip of them and told him about them, and he said they're now traumatized for life 🙈 (I think he meant because of the loud music) and I replied that they're probably used to concerts by now. :dunno_grin:

20230723_085553.jpg

I was fine for the first half hour in the morning because I was warmed up, but then I noticed that I wasn't dressed right for the mountains. 😅 Luckily @Serendipity had an extra jacket that she borrowed me (thanks Camilla for saving me!). When the sun finally came over the mountain tops, it was really nice for an hour or so, and then it got too hot in the sun. 😅 However, during the gig the first few rows were in the shade, and I can't remember that I ever had a gig before where I felt neither too warm nor too cold, it was absolutely perfect, even with jumping and dancing. :fangurl:

Sarina, Charlotte and Kimberly:

20230723_085847.jpg

Fast forward perfect queue organization by security & fans, the usual pre-entry excitement, and then getting a place exactly at the point where Mika would come down from the stage to get over the barrier. So the 2 times he went into the audience, he climbed in next to Marion. It's so nice to have him so close, even if just for a short moment. :wub2: The space between the stage and the barrier was very small... the photographers kept getting in each other's way during the first 3 songs, lol! I suppose that's why they had marked this way for Mika.

Frontrow with Charlotte's rainbow flags:

20230723_125150.jpg

20230723_135712.jpg

The gig started about 20-30 minutes later than planned and Mika started the show by saying that the band had arrived just shortly before. Some flight cancellations etc. - and he said that while they're usually doing shows at 9pm or so, this early gig feels like 5am for Mika, Vincent and Max. :naughty: He was joking a lot with Vincent during the gig, and it was obvious that he was in a great mood. Of course he also kept talking about the special location. The view, the trees, the mountains, and at the beginning he said sth like "you must all be tired after walking here for an hour", a bit like a provocation to make people go "NOOO!!" :lol3:

It was so special to see this gig in full daylight and in this stunning location. :wub2: The crowd was very relaxed and very engaged at the same time, so they all sat down when Mika asked them to for NPIH. It was such a wonderful surprise that he played this song! Good Guys and Underwater followed, also in the crowd. Mika seems to have made it a habit recently to single out one person in the very back, to sing Underwater loudly enough so he can hear it, haha! I understood nothing of what the woman in the back was saying or singing, but it was fun to watch. :lol:

2 times Mika talked about the different nationalities in the crowd, I think he liked that a lot. Although he forgot Austria at first, but luckily he remembered it at some point. And of course he mentioned the stunning setting several times - the best bit being that he had a little conversation with the trees, and then added in English "And for those who don't speak Italian, yes, I'm talking to the f*ing trees!" :lmfao: 

We got to see 2 new suits - both not my faves, as I'm not a huge fan of stripes, but I loved the red fluffy flower on the blue striped suit, and how Mika kept playing with it for a while. Fluff! :wub2: Anyway, these 2 suits felt a bit more casual and not as elegant as some of his other flower suits, so they were great for this daytime setting.

At the end of the gig, Mika surprised us by bringing Melachi on stage. I had seen that the dogs were there, because my place was exactly opposite of the stairs to the backstage area ... and later I remembered that in fact while we were waiting for the gig to start, there had been a dog barking into the microphone (and I'm sure now that Mika did that on purpose and it wasn't an accident like we had first thought :roftl: ... it was a cute idea, but far too loud, lol!) - anyway it still was a sweet surprise that Mika brought Mel on stage. She looked a bit like "who are all those people and why are they so loud?" :lol3:, but she seemed ok with being up there on stage.

After the gig we waited at the backstage exit. It was a nice place to wait, with the view, and the comfortable temperatures, so although Mika took quite long because he was eating and doing interviews, I enjoyed the time waiting and chatting with everyone. I was sure that Mika would either leave right away or take a long time, because the only road to the venue would be blocked with pedestrians walking back to their cars, and further down there probably was a traffic jam, while everyone was leaving. So I was relaxed and not worried that Mika might leave any moment and I might miss him if I go to the toilet or get some water.

At some point Andy parked his car outside of the barriers, so they had enough space inside the backstage area to load the truck. So when later Andy came with Mel and Amira, to put them in the car, I saw him and waved. He came over and we had a nice long chat (together with Nina, Camille and Cynthia, and also Allegra came over at some point to say Hi, Andy looked happy to see her :)). :wub2: At some point while we were talking with Andy, Mika came out and started meeting his fans over at the fence of the backstage area. We stood at the barrier next to where the cars would come out and weren't sure whether to stay there and hope that Mika would come over, or move over to the other barrier. However, it all seemed very relaxed, so we didn't feel like we had to hurry to finish our chat with Andy and only when he went back to his car, we decided to move over to the other barrier where Mika still was going along the (long) line of fans. He was taking selfies with people - probably because it was a good occasion in the daylight and with enough time. Normally when he comes out after a show in the evening, the light is bad, so I get why he doesn't want to take pictures with people - they would either turn out bad and blurry, or would require using a flash, and that's not nice for the eyes if you have it a dozen times or more. As so often, I was too slow to decide, and only after he had moved on in the line, I thought, wow, he looks so good with those fluffy curls and the green jacket, I really should have asked him for a selfie! I thought for a moment of calling him back when he was finished, but he went so fast that it was obvious that he was done, so I just took a selfie of me while he passed by behind - and that is certainly the funniest selfie I could have gotten with him, as he noticed and posed so it looks like he photobombed me, lol! :roftl: Shame that my camera doesn't know whom to put the focus on, so while I have a rather clear picture of the security guard in the background, Mika is blurry. :facepalm: But it's a fantastic memory of this day anyway. :wub2:  :teehee:

20230723_182932.jpg

Anyway, Mika stopped to chat with us for a moment, while he went down the line of fans. He said that his band hadn't slept all night because of the cancelled flights and other things that went wrong and said that he already got prepared for having to do a show alone at the piano. I tried to compliment him by saying that we would have liked that too, but that didn't go down too well, he just replied that he wouldn't have. 🙈 He then asked me whether I liked that there were so many German fans at this gig and I said "Yes! How about you?" :naughty: He said he liked it too and that he had noticed there have been more German fans again recently. I then asked him about the ZDF TV team we had seen in Marostica, and he said it's for a documentary about him on German TV, but he didn't seem to know (or be allowed to tell) anything more than that, he seemed as astonished about it as I was. :dunno_grin: I've written a few thoughts about it in the "other international press" thread on News & Press.

He then went on in the line, and I was very happy to see that he spent some time with Allegra. I think she hadn't talked with him for years, and he was happy to see her. :wub2: Love it that this summer he really seems to mean it that he wanted to reconnect with his fans. Also with Kath in Bristol, some of the fans who have been there since the beginning but can't go to so many gigs anymore and often stay in the background so they often miss out - and this summer I had the impression that Mika made an effort to show them he appreciates them. The old fans, as well as the new ones who see him for the first time - as he said himself in Bristol. :wub2:

Anyway, I think this was probably the most relaxed M&G in all the 16 years I've been following him. Usually there's always some sort of rush - either that some fans get too excited to see him, or that he is in a hurry because he's tired or it's cold or whatever else - and I think even in comparison to the most relaxed M&G's in the past 16 years, the setting and the daylight added to the fantastic mood in Tarvisio. This gig definitely goes into my list of favourites - although that list is pretty long by now, lol! :lol3:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

And here are my videos:

Talk before Lollipop:

Talk during Lollipop / joking with Vincent / a bit of Lollipop in Italian:

Lollipop: talk / playing piano with Vincent:

part of OOL (and the last few words of something he said, but don't remember what that was about)

Talk before Big Girl:

Mika getting over the barrier and back on stage at the end of Big Girl:

Talk before Tiny Love, about the hat and the TV show from Mika's childhood:

Part of Tiny Love:

Part of Relax:

Part of Overrated:

Talk & NPIH in the crowd (full song):

Talk & Good Guys in the crowd (full song):

Part of Underwater in the crowd:

Talk during Underwater / asking a woman at the back of the crowd to sing:

Part of Boum Boum Boum:

Talk about the international crowd & beginning of Yoyo / joking with Vincent: