2024 - Mika @ Forest National Brussels, BELGIUM, 31 March

mellody

44 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Mika slips and falls onstage enough without any help! 😆

Yes, he definitely doesn't need our help to slip, he manages alone to do that. I was afraid for him a few times this summer. 

He should definitely use shoes with better soles when it rains. :facepalm:

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, he definitely doesn't need our help to slip, he manages alone to do that. I was afraid for him a few times this summer. 

He should definitely use shoes with better soles when it rains. :facepalm:

Petition to Louboutin for nonslip soles? :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Hero said:

I wrote in the letter I gave Mika in Bristol that he should ask Louboutin to make shoes with a sole suitable for rain. I doubt he is going to listen to me. 😆

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I wrote in the letter I gave Mika in Bristol that he should ask Louboutin to make shoes with a sole suitable for rain. I doubt he is going to listen to me. 😆

But... you're the whisperer! He has to. :lol3:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hero said:

Prepare the petition and I will sign it. :biggrin2:

Ok, not to be completely out :ot::  We still have 6 months to go, so hopefully by then we'll have come up with some nice Easter fan action (in addition to bunny ears and chicks on our heads :biggrin2: ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sarinaa said:

Or maybe those anti-gravity shoe mechanism Michael Jackson used for Smooth Criminal; the shoes are only $ 300, I just read 😂

IMG_1243.jpeg

And suddenly I have an idea for Mika's birthday present next year: We could gift him shoes with nonslip soles. :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Yeah, even though I won’t be there I’m not keen on the idea of throwing anything on stage. Mika slips and falls onstage enough without any help! 😆 And besides the album will be out in December, you may be inspired by something you hear there instead. 

Agreed, we are a Fanclub to support his ability to remain up, not aid him in his gravitational demise! 

• Haha 4

I remember seeing a clip from behind the scenes at The Voice in one of the early series. He showed his group of contestants how he used lemonade (I think it was lemonade) to make his shoes not slip. Basically he spilt some on the floor, trod his shoes into it, and let them air-dry. 

Maybe we need to send him a case of lemonade. :lol3:

• Haha 3

We could make a paper concertina surprise for him in the front row. 

Hold an Easter egg, with C'est la vie written on decoratively.

The top 'cracks' off. 

Mika's head pops out with a cheeky grin. 

Flowers pop up from his head.

He pops further out of the egg.

His arms raise, one each side, each hand holding a banana. 

Dance! 

:floor:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Hero said:

We could make a paper concertina surprise for him in the front row. 

Hold an Easter egg, with C'est la vie written on decoratively.

The top 'cracks' off. 

Mika's head pops out with a cheeky grin. 

Flowers pop up from his head.

He pops further out of the egg.

His arms raise, one each side, each hand holding a banana. 

Dance! 

You know that you now have to come to this concert. :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

remain up

I think you mean "stay high" 😎

Yeah I agree no one was seriously 

suggesting throwing eggs (plush or otherwise) on stage (I hope)!

And it‘s a good thing we have a good while to come up with some better ideas 😂

Edited by CharlotteL
  • Haha 1

Hey, so I've been reading some reviews of the venue on Tripadvisor, and there seems to be a general consensus that the sound system is not the best - lots of reverb etc. Also some reports of over zealous security. 

How does this fit with fan experiences? 

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Hero said:

Hey, so I've been reading some reviews of the venue on Tripadvisor, and there seems to be a general consensus that the sound system is not the best - lots of reverb etc. Also some reports of over zealous security. 

I can't remember it well, but I went there in 2015 when all the bombings were happening (the metrostation in March 2016, gig in september 2015, our hotel was close to that as well, gives you quite the reality check), and I remember looking for a way out if I needed one. We were very nervous. There was also a man standing close to us who looked sus and the security kept a close eye on him and yeah.. The whole thing gave me a weird aftertaste, so I hope that I can get a better experience next time. It was a huge stage tho, that did impress me. But the doors to the concert hall were narrow and it made me feel locked up and uncomfortable.. :shocked:

• Sad 3

33 minutes ago, Hero said:

The sound is fine to be honest. I never felt uncomfortable there.

• Thanks 4

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, I need some advice :(

does any of you live near Brussels?

So I already started making reservations, looking for accomodation etc.

I don't know why but this city gives me so much anxiety, I heard many bad stories about certain neighborhoods. Reading the news and hearing about the recent shootings does not help...

I'm from eastern europe, I'm used to tough places but ... I've never been to western countries I don't know much about the western understanding of a "tough neighborhood"

Any recommendations?

Especially if you live in Brussels I would like to know what is the reality. Thank you so much!

7 minutes ago, Tori13 said:

I'm from eastern europe, I'm used to tough places but ... I've never been to western countries I don't know much about the western understanding of a "tough neighborhood"

I was only in Brussels for one day this year, but only in the centre and I didn't notice anything dangerous.

From a feeling, I would say that though neighbourhoods are tougher in Eastern Europe. I can't say much about Brussels, but I lived in Paris for six months and there are also though neighbourhoods. At night you shouldn't necessarily walk around there alone (but I did) and nothing ever happens. During the day there shouldn't be any problems, I would say.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I was only in Brussels for one day this year, but only in the centre and I didn't notice anything dangerous.

From a feeling, I would say that though neighbourhoods are tougher in Eastern Europe. I can't say much about Brussels, but I lived in Paris for six months and there are also though neighbourhoods. At night you shouldn't necessarily walk around there alone (but I did) and nothing ever happens. During the day there shouldn't be any problems, I would say.

Thank you! Many people (and statistics) say eastern european capital cities are safer in general. But based on your experience in Paris I think it should be okay!

I'm sorry if my post sounded weird, that's me, worrying about getting back to a hotel 5 months from now :lmfao:

1 minute ago, Tori13 said:

Thank you! Many people (and statistics) say eastern european capital cities are safer in general. But based on your experience in Paris I think it should be okay!

Yes, it's possible, I can't judge for sure if it's safer in big cities in Western Europe or Eastern Europe. 😅

3 minutes ago, Tori13 said:

I'm sorry if my post sounded weird, that's me, worrying about getting back to a hotel 5 months from now :lmfao:

You can always take a taxi or Uber. And if it's not too far, you certainly won't be the only person walking to the hotel after the concert.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, it's possible, I can't judge for sure if it's safer in big cities in Western Europe or Eastern Europe. 😅

I guess it also depends on our own personal experiences. I'm sure some characteristics of eastern cities might freak out western people and vice versa. It's up to our individual perceptions, what we consider safe or comfortable.

58 minutes ago, Prisca said:

You can always take a taxi or Uber. And if it's not too far, you certainly won't be the only person walking to the hotel after the concert.

You're right. Thanks for reassuring me, I feel a bit better now about this trip :)

• Like 2