Mika in French Press and Other Media - 2024

I had to laugh because in a French newspaper the journalist mentioned "the foot" on top of Mika's piano which is a wing :lmfao:The rest is not very accurate either :wink2:

https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/tours/tours-mika-en-grande-forme-pour-son-concert

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, jajinka5 said:

Thanks a million for sharing !!

Here is the original URL.

France 2

Télématin

Émission du samedi 16 mars 2024

https://www.france.tv/france-2/telematin/5764554-emission-du-samedi-16-mars-2024.html

A part of Mika

YouTube

YouTube ( FULL LENGTH ) 1020p

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4bKZOnrTFl/

Pierrick BEQUET

ce soir avec #mika #reimsarena @mikainstagram @copv75 @2loloo

432700311_18421099312043994_4283699180701904998_n.thumb.jpg.0271789118faf70704042afab120fd1b.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I had to laugh because in a French newspaper the journalist mentioned "the foot" on top of Mika's piano which is a wing

A foot with 6 fingers :lmao:

• Haha 5

I  I remember another tv program  in which Bequet spoke very highly of Mika. I think it was in the summer of 2022. He and Mika were by the sea in the recorded interview.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2024 at 3:28 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

I had to laugh because in a French newspaper the journalist mentioned "the foot" on top of Mika's piano which is a wing :lmfao:The rest is not very accurate either :wink2:

https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/tours/tours-mika-en-grande-forme-pour-son-concert

I have read the article and effectively the journalist was little confused..." The foot on top of Mika's piano"? :blink:

And...I haven't seen the full concert but..."Peter Pan"? "Alice in Wonderland"? What does it means? 

Me too, now, I'm little confused! :confused: 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, carafon said:

Ha ha ha! I think some people can be confused with the piano.

At the beginning Mika was singing 30 secondes with the wing directed towards the audience. Then before Grace Kelly the technicians were turning the piano on 180 degrees so we could see "the foot" (interior part) as Mika is making the rainbow blow up during GK.

Since he was sick the piano was / is turned the "foot" side to the audience and Mika sometimes let Clement start Grace Kelly.

So some fans/journalists have never seen the wing side on the stage 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

I have read the article and effectively the journalist was little confused..." The foot on top of Mika's piano"? :blink:

And...I haven't seen the full concert but..."Peter Pan"? "Alice in Wonderland"? What does it means? 

Me too, now, I'm little confused! :confused: 

When you will see the concert you will wonder if the journalist has really seen it :wink2: because what he wrote has nothing to do with the real concert :thumb_yello: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ha ha ha! I think some people can be confused with the piano.

At the beginning Mika was singing 30 secondes with the wing directed towards the audience. Then before Grace Kelly the technicians were turning the piano on 180 degrees so we could see "the foot" (interior part) as Mika is making the rainbow blow up during GK.

Since he was sick the piano was / is turned the "foot" side to the audience and Mika sometimes let Clement start Grace Kelly.

So some fans/journalists have never seen the wing side on the stage 😜

So we can tell how Mika feels depending on if we see a "foot" or a wing on top of the piano :lmao: 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

When you will see the concert you will wonder if the journalist has really seen it :wink2: because what he wrote has nothing to do with the real concert :thumb_yello: 

I had only watched some videos until now and, reading the article, I already thinking where I had seen something like Peter Pan, the mad hatter, or the white rabbit with watch that run saying "It's late, it's late"!

Into Mika gigs I haven't seen any of all this! :dunno_grin:

Oh...it's all okay now! :thumb_yello:

For a moment I have thought to became crazy! :lmao:

I feel better now! Thank you! :pinkbow:

16 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

I had only watched some videos until now and, reading the article, I already thinking where I had seen something like Peter Pan, the mad hatter, or the white rabbit with watch that run saying "It's late, it's late"!

Into Mika gigs I haven't seen any of all this! :dunno_grin:

Oh...it's all okay now! :thumb_yello:

For a moment I have thought to became crazy! :lmao:

I feel better now! Thank you! :pinkbow:

You're very welcome :huglove:

A journalist said Mika's name was "Pennibrook Penniman" :floor: :floor: :floor:

That's an example of how accurate some journalists can be :wink2:

I know the video is still around :thumb_yello:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

You're very welcome :huglove:

A journalist said called Mika's name was "Pennibrook Penniman" :floor: :floor: :floor:

That's an example of how accurate some journalists can be :wink2:

I know the video is still around :thumb_yello:

Pennibrook Penniman? :blink: :facepalm:...And who is he? The character of a soap opera? :floor::floor:

The journalists are very strange sometimes!

Here, once, they have written a full article about a very well-know character describing perfectly his birthday's party during a show with cake, songs and dances...

It's a shame because this person didn't even go to that show that evening! :dunno_grin:

But...what do some journalists drink when they write? :lol3:

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2024 at 8:04 PM, carafon said:

FB_IMG_1710752156144.thumb.jpg.1b4bdad45609ea894a597925c3b3ef37.jpg

This morning, when I have watched my phone, the first thing that I have seen is this photograph! 

The object of the discussion! The famous piano with 6 fingers foot! :das::lol3:

I don't know why but, rather than the piano, I'm more interested by who plays the piano, and by his smile! :blush::wub2:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arianne921 said:

FB_IMG_1710752156144.thumb.jpg.1b4bdad45609ea894a597925c3b3ef37.jpg

This morning, when I have watched my phone, the first thing that I have seen is this photograph! 

The object of the discussion! The famous piano with 6 fingers foot! :das::lol3:

I don't know why but, rather than the piano, I'm more interested by who plays the piano, and by his smile! :blush::wub2:

In all fairness, from this side it does look like a giant foot with Pennibrook Penniman sitting there :biggrin2:

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

But...what do some journalists drink when they write?

As a former journalist (tho not for this kind of news, just for computers :lol3:) I can tell you that they have to fill pages (or nowadays digital pages) - and when the deadline is looming and you have nothing (or not enough) to write about, you have to find something to write - and sometimes that means making things up. :dunno_grin: More or less creatively, more or less close to the truth. Sometimes I guess they just hope no one will notice. Anyway, in the case of Pennibrook Penniman, that journalist clearly was too lazy to do proper research. :facepalm: Or too drunk, as you say, ofc that's also possible. :lmfao:

• Haha 3

On 3/11/2024 at 5:13 PM, dcdeb said:

I don't see this posted anywhere - I mean, I see some of the same photos, but I don't see this particular article, and I thought I'd include it as it's written by one of our French fans!  @Ninitwittter  (If I've missed it and it's somewhere else, please lmk!)

https://webtoulousain.fr/2024/02/17/escale-dans-la-ville-rose-pour-mika/

mika5-toulouse-cent-pour-cent-credit-chr

Escale dans la Ville Rose pour MIKA

C’est avec impatience et excitation qu’une poignée d’auditeurs de la radio 100% a eu la chance d’assister à l’enregistrement d’une émission en compagnie de Mika, dans le studio de la radio ce mardi 13 février. Le chanteur pop emblématique, de passage à Toulouse à l’occasion de la promotion de son dernier album « Que ta tête fleurisse toujours », en a profité pour se livrer à l’exercice de l’interview.

A peine installé, Mika annonce être de bonne humeur en voyant le ciel ensoleillé de Toulouse : le ton est donné pour le début de l’interview orchestrée par Wilfried, animateur vedette de la radio. A travers une rétrospective humoristique sur sa carrière, Karine passe en revue ses nombreux tubes, son retour sur le plateau de The Voice samedi dernier mais aussi allers-retours entre Florence pour une session studio, les ateliers de couture à Bari et Londres.

De l’Inde au Barcarès

Question voyage, c’est sans hésitation qu’il dit qu’il aimerait beaucoup visiter l’Inde. Mais pour l’instant la tournée de Mika n’ira pas aussi loin : elle fera étape le mois prochain à Bordeaux, Montpellier et Marseille, puis l’artiste enchainera avec des festivals emblématiques du Sud-Ouest comme Rodez et les Déferlantes au Barcarès. Ces spectacles viendront mettre en scène les nombreuses chansons de son 6ème album, 100% en français, dont il affirme que « les chansons sont de petites fenêtres magiques sur un univers aussi pop que profondes » et que selon lui, « rester créatif est la meilleure façon de répondre à la vie, de se défendre face la gravité, si on a des idées on est libre ». Une belle philosophie qu’il souhaite partager à travers sa musique.

Après quelques chansons, Wilfried annonce un invité mystère dans les locaux de la radio cent pour cent, Mika se lance alors dans un jeu de questions-réponses avec la voix inconnue qui n’est autre qu’Aurélien VIVOS, le tenant du titre de The Voice qui a souhaité lui rendre une petite visite.

C’est la vie se chante aussi

Il est ensuite l’heure de passer dans le salon-studio pour chanter « C’est la vie ». Le public accompagne l’artiste en chœur et en dansant, l’ambiance est au rendez-vous pour ce petit concert intimiste. Le temps file, il est déjà l’heure de partir : direction l’aéroport pour le globe-trotteur ! Mika prend tout de même quelques instants pour immortaliser ce moment avec le public toulousain dans une photo de groupe remplie d’énergie, de simplicité et de gentillesse.

Reveal hidden contents

It was with impatience and excitement that a handful of 100% radio listeners had the chance to attend the recording of a show with Mika, in the radio studio this Tuesday, February 13. The emblematic pop singer, passing through Toulouse on the occasion of the promotion of his latest album “That your head always blooms”, took the opportunity to engage in the interview exercise.

Barely installed, Mika announces that he is in a good mood upon seeing the sunny skies of Toulouse: the tone is set for the start of the interview orchestrated by Wilfried, star radio host. Through a humorous retrospective on his career, Karine reviews his many hits, his return to the set of The Voice last Saturday but also trips back and forth between Florence for a studio session, sewing workshops in Bari and London.

From India to Barcarès

When it comes to travel, he says without hesitation that he would really like to visit India. But for the moment Mika's tour will not go that far: next month he will stop in Bordeaux, Montpellier and Marseille, then the artist will continue with emblematic festivals in the South-West like Rodez and the Déferlantes at Barcarès. These shows will feature many songs from his 6th album, 100% in French, of which he affirms that “the songs are little magical windows on a universe as pop as they are deep” and that according to him, “staying creative is the best way of responding to life, of defending oneself in the face of gravity, if we have ideas we are free.” A beautiful philosophy that he wishes to share through his music.

After a few songs, Wilfried announces a mystery guest in the premises of the hundred percent radio station, Mika then launches into a game of questions and answers with the unknown voice who is none other than Aurélien VIVOS, the title holder of The Voice who wanted to pay him a little visit.

Life is also sung

It’s then time to go into the living room-studio to sing “C’est la vie”. The public accompanies the artist in chorus and dancing, the atmosphere is great for this small, intimate concert. Time flies, it’s already time to leave: head to the airport for the globetrotter! Mika still takes a few moments to immortalize this moment with the Toulouse public in a group photo filled with energy, simplicity and kindness.

Hey :)

Thank You for the repost ! 

I was in the studio , so i wrote a little article to share the experience :)

• Like 3

Public - 29 Mars 2024 (No. 1081)

Mika-ParisBercy-ApocalypseCalypsoTour(extraits)-25_03_2024.jpg.0492867a18c3d3a8aced15f3baae1b46.jpg

Page 53

Mots fléchés
En remplissant cette grille se rapportant à Mika et en associant les lettres figurant dans les cases numérotées, découvrez l'une de ses compositions, une chanson au son pop-rock, colorée et acidulée...

Crosswords
By filling in this grid relating to Mika and associating the letters appearing in the numbered boxes, discover one of his compositions, a song with a pop-rock sound, colorful and tangy...

:france:

Public_2024_03_29_page53_page-0001-1.thumb.jpg.b0d573da2a336cc5245054dc0825a586.jpg4

:uk: Google translator

Public_2024_03_29_page53_page-0001-1-1.thumb.jpg.18e5dec958e12ba678f512a21d8b810f.jpg

Posted (edited)

:mickey: Le Journal de Mickey N° 3745 du 27 mars 2024

Le_Journal_de_Mickey_-_27_Mars_2024-p1.jpg.a2a1e3490a97ba7ea74418143ae0f883.jpg

https://www.journaldemickey.com/le-magazine/le-dernier-numero-du-journal-de-mickey/

Cette semaine, ton journal te dévoile le classement des personnalités préférées des 7-14 ans en 2024 !

Quels sont vos chouchous ?

https://www.journaldemickey.com/les-actus/evenements/et-vos-personnalites-preferees-de-lannee-2024-sont/

Et vos personnalités préférées de l'année 2024 sont…

Publié le 26 mars 2024

Comme chaque année, le Journal de Mickey a réalisé avec Ipsos une grande enquête auprès des 7-14 ans pour connaître leurs personnalités favorites. Les résultats sont tombés !

1. Le rappeur marseillais Soprano se hisse à la première position : c’est la 5e fois qu’il est élu personnalité préférée de l’année !

2. A la deuxième place, on retrouve le footballeur Antoine Griezmann, qui était l’année dernière en 5e position. Les joueurs de foot sont d’ailleurs nombreux dans le top 10.

3. Enfin, c’est Thomas Pesquet qui arrive en troisième position. Après avoir fait deux voyages de 6 mois à bord de la Station spatiale internationale, l’astronaute a écrit plusieurs livres, dont un à destination des enfants.

Retrouve l’intégralité du classement dans ton Journal de Mickey du 26 mars. Et en attendant, voici le top 10 :  

• 1. Soprano
  • 2. Antoine Griezmann
  • 3. Thomas Pesquet
  • 4. Kylian Mbappé
  • 5. Zinedine Zidane
  • 6. Olivier Giroud
  • 7. Bigflo & Oli
  • 8. Angèle
  • 9. Omar Sy
  • 10. Vianney
  • 23. Mika

MOINS DE MODÈLES EN COMMUN

Vous aviez 43 personnalités favorites en 2022, 34 en 2023 et cette année, seulement 27! Sur les 86 personnalités présentées aux 7-14 ans, toutes obtiennent de bonnes notes d'appréciation, mais seules 27 d'entre elles sont connues d'une majorité (au moins la moitié) d'entre vous: c'est peu!

Et il n'y a qu'un entrant dans ce classement:
Mika (23). Le temps où toute la famille se rassemblait devant la télé et regardait des programmes ensemble est révolu.
Aujourd'hui, chacun regarde son écran quand il le souhaite, selon ses goûts, et célèbre donc ses propres personnalités!

MUSIQUE
ET FOOT AU TOP

La musique vous rassemble avec 15 chanteuses et chanteurs dans le classement. Les artistes sont particulièrement appréciés des filles et des plus jeunes.
Bravo à Vianney (+15 places), qui intègre le top 10, et à Mika, nouvel entrant dans le top! Un effet "The Voice"?

Sans surprise, les footballeurs sont aussi très appréciés avec 6 personnalités du ballon rond plébiscitées chez les garçons, dont 4 dans le top 10!

Google translator

Spoiler

And your favorite personalities of the year 2024 are…
Published on March 26, 2024

Like every year, Journal de Mickey carried out a major survey with Ipsos among 7-14 year olds to find out their favorite personalities. The results arrived !

1. Marseille rapper Soprano rises to first position: this is the 5th time he has been voted favorite personality of the year!

2. In second place, we find footballer Antoine Griezmann, who was in 5th position last year. There are also many football players in the top 10.

3. Finally, it is Thomas Pesquet who comes in third position. After making two 6-month trips aboard the International Space Station, the astronaut wrote several books, including one for children.

Find the entire ranking in your Journal de Mickey of March 26. And in the meantime, here are the top 10:

•      1. Sopranos
  •      2. Antoine Griezmann
  •      3. Thomas Pesquet
  •      4. Kylian Mbappé
  •      5. Zinedine Zidane
  •      6. Olivier Giroud
  •      7. Bigflo & Oli
  •      8. Angela
  •      9. Omar Sy
  •      10. Vianney
  •      23. Mika

FEWER MODELS IN COMMON

You had 43 favorite personalities in 2022, 34 in 2023 and this year, only 27! Of the 86 personalities presented to 7-14 year olds, all obtain good ratings, but only 27 of them are known to a majority (at least half) of you: that's not a lot!

And there is only one entrant in this ranking:
Mika (23). Gone are the days when the whole family gathered in front of the TV and watched programs together.
Today, everyone looks at their screen when they want, according to their tastes, and therefore celebrates their own personalities!

MUSIC
AND FOOTBALL AT THE TOP

Music brings you together with 15 singers in the ranking. The artists are particularly appreciated by girls and younger people.
Congratulations to Vianney (+15 places), who joins the top 10, and to Mika, new entrant in the top! A “The Voice” effect?

Unsurprisingly, footballers are also very popular with 6 football personalities popular among boys, including 4 in the top 10!

Le_Journal_de_Mickey_23-MIKA.jpg.339b1722efda34ac0ca4662ebba62094.jpg

Le_Journal_de_Mickey_-_27_Mars_2024-1_page-0003-1.thumb.jpg.a9ac6927a1e8e8d6e4cc4b1524b977b7.jpg

Le_Journal_de_Mickey_-_27_Mars_2024-1_page-0005.thumb.jpg.d59ac0d7debb081693b775815d57e09c.jpg

Le_Journal_de_Mickey_-_27_Mars_2024-1_page-0005-1.thumb.jpg.eff34bfbaaad689aa6e0b3bad3bd4ea6.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz

• 2 weeks later...

Tele-Loisirs.fr

https://www.programme-tv.net/news/tv/350538-ca-fait-longtemps-pierre-de-maere-evoque-son-amitie-avec-mika-dans-the-voice-2024/

Le 06/04/2024

"Ça fait longtemps…"

: Pierre de Maere évoque son amitié avec Mika dans The Voice 2024

INTERVIEW -

Pierre de Maere, le chanteur belge connu du public pour son titre incontournable Un jour je marierai un ange, est l'un des co-coachs de Mika pour les battles de The Voice. Il a accepté de se confier à Télé-Loisirs sur son rôle dans l'émission et sur sa relation avec le coach du programme.

Les téléspectateurs découvrent ce samedi 6 avril les premières battles de la treizième saison de The Voice. Dans cette nouvelle étape de l'émission, les coachs peuvent compter sur l'aide précieuse de co-coachs pendant les répétitions avec leurs talents. Ainsi, Zazie est entourée par Axel Bauer et Pierre Guénard, Bigflo et Oli sont accompagnés par Tayc et Nej, Vianney peut compter sur Mentissa et Benjamin Biolay et Mika a fait appel à Melha Bedia et Pierre de Maere. Le chanteur belge, connu du public pour son titre phare Un jour je marierai un ange et son premier album Regarde-moi, s'est confié à Télé-Loisirs sur sa relation avec Mika.

Pierre de Maere bientôt en duo avec Mika ? Il nous répond !

Télé-Loisirs : Comment avez-vous rencontré Mika ?

Pierre de Maere : C’est assez marrant parce que Mika est un des premiers artistes qui s’est intéressé à mon travail. Avant que Un jour je marierai un ange explose, il avait déjà fait des commentaires via des gens que nous avons en commun dans le métier, comme quoi ça lui plaisait. Et un beau jour, je ne sais plus exactement quand, vers Noël 2022, il m’a écrit pour me proposer de se voir. Je l’ai rejoint au Crillon, il m’a raconté sa vie, je lui ai raconté la mienne. J’étais extrêmement impressionné, mais il est très généreux et très curieux. C’est un artiste avec lequel j’échange pas mal. Je suis d’ailleurs allé le voir au Forest National, ce dimanche 31 mars, à Bruxelles et j’ai fini la soirée avec lui en loges, c’était très sympa.

Vous semblez avoir développé une belle relation avec lui.

Carrément ! C’est une relation qui n’est pas du tout pour la télévision pour le coup ! Enfin, ça peut arriver que ça soit dans un cadre purement médiatique, mais avec Mika ce n’est pas du tout le cas. Ça fait longtemps qu’il s’intéresse à ce que je fais et je suis absolument fan de son travail depuis que je suis enfant. Je pense que toute ma génération a été bercée par Life in Cartoon Motion, son premier disque, qui est tellement génial. Et quand je me suis dit que ce chanteur dont j’écoutais les chansons en boucle quand j’avais 7/8 ans voulait me voir, ça me paraissait fou.

"Zazie me l'a proposé également" : Pierre de Maere révèle qu'il a également été contacté par Zazie pour être son co-coach dans The Voice 2024

Est-ce que c’est Mika qui vous a contacté directement pour l’épauler pendant les battles ?

Absolument ! Il m’a écrit sur WhatsApp pour me demander si je voulais faire les battles avec lui et je lui ai dit bien sûr ! Je l’ai accompagné pendant les coachings mais j’étais un peu gêné parce que j’avoue que je ne sais pas ce que j’allais faire là-bas… Lui, il a une longue carrière et puis on est entourés de coachs qui font ça depuis toujours. Je lui ai demandé s’il était sûr et si j’étais légitime, il m’a beaucoup rassuré par rapport à ça. C’est marrant parce qu’il m’a proposé et un jour plus tard, Zazie me l’a proposé également ! Mais j’étais du coup déjà pris.

Mika et Zazie se sont un peu battus pour vous alors ?

(Rires.) Ils se sont gentiment battus !

Quel talent vous a le plus marqué pendant les sessions de répétitions ?

Je dirais Gabriel Lobao qui a repris la chanson de Michel Polnareff, Love Me, Please Love Me. C'est une chanson géniale et tellement dure à chanter, et il l’a chantée d’une traite comme ça. J’étais tellement fasciné par sa technique et son côté séducteur… C’est marrant, il a vraiment une âme de séduction. Il te regarde, il a envie de te faire l’amour, c’est drôle. Il m’a marqué, vocalement, physiquement, il dégage un truc. On voit qu’il a la dalle et ça, c’est bien dans ce milieu.

Gabriel Lobao a d’ailleurs confié à Télé-Loisirs que votre rencontre a été quelque peu… taquine !

(Rires.) C’est pour ça qu’il m’a marqué ! Il a beaucoup d’humour je pense et d’audace. J’ai hâte de voir le parcours qu’il va faire dans l’émission. C’est drôle qu’il vous ait raconté ça, on en a beaucoup rigolé avec Mika.

"C'était assez captivant" : Pierre de Maere se confie sur son rôle de co-coach avec Mika dans The Voice

Parlez-nous de votre expérience en tant que co-coach aux côtés de Mika.

J’ai adoré l’expérience. J’ai trouvé ça très cool. Dans un premier temps, je me suis mis un peu en retrait, j’avais du mal à donner des conseils parce que j’avais l’impression qu’ils chantaient tous aussi bien que moi, voire mieux que moi. Et après, j’ai compris comment prendre la situation et Mika a su m’aider et finalement, j’ai pris un rôle où je coachais davantage sur la prestance, sur comment aborder la chanson avec émotion, ce qui me plaît aussi dans la prestation, plus que d’être juste. C’était assez captivant ! Et d’entendre les conseils de Mika, qui est tellement inspiré et brillant, j’avais en même temps l’impression de prendre une leçon personnelle. C’était très rentable comme moment.

Vous auriez pu avoir participé à une émission comme The Voice ?

Je n’avais jamais pensé à ça parce que selon moi, je n’avais pas les capacités vocales nécessaires pour ça. Par contre, je suis mon premier fan, il n’y a pas de souci, mais par contre, ce qui vaut la peine est davantage la globalité de ce que je suis. C’est mon personnage, le texte, les chansons, les images qui vont avec et c'est tout ça qui compose l’univers. À The Voice, c’est difficile pour un artiste comme moi qui n’aurait pas pu dévoiler tout ça avec les auditions à l’aveugle qui se concentrent uniquement sur la voix. Ma voix était intéressante, mais je n’avais pas les ressources pour aller m’afficher sur un plateau télé. Donc, non, ça utilisait peut-être un peu trop la voix et je suis plus que ça. (Rires)

Est-ce que vous pourriez faire un duo avec Mika ?

Bien sûr ! Avec tout le bien que je pense de lui, carrément il y a des possibilités pour l’avenir, mais rien n’est fait, écrit ou imaginé. Mais ça serait intéressant ! Dans le featuring, j’aime bien aller chercher quelque chose qui n’a vraiment rien à voir, mais Mika et moi, on a quand même beaucoup de choses en commun… Si je pars de ce postulat, pas vraiment, mais si je n’écoute pas mon cerveau et que je me dis que je chante avec un artiste dont j’adore le travail depuis que j’ai 10 ans, même plus tôt que ça, et bien carrément !

Spoiler

"It's been a long time…"

: Pierre de Maere talks about his friendship with Mika in The Voice 2024

INTERVIEW -

Pierre de Maere, the Belgian singer known to the public for his essential title One day I will marry an angel, is one of Mika's co-coaches for the battles of The Voice. He agreed to speak to Télé-Loisirs about his role in the show and his relationship with the program's coach.

This Saturday, April 6, viewers will discover the first battles of the thirteenth season of The Voice. In this new stage of the show, coaches can count on the valuable help of co-coaches during rehearsals with their talents. Thus, Zazie is surrounded by Axel Bauer and Pierre Guénard, Bigflo and Oli are accompanied by Tayc and Nej, Vianney can count on Mentissa and Benjamin Biolay and Mika called on Melha Bedia and Pierre de Maere. The Belgian singer, known to the public for his flagship title Un jour je mariai un ange and his first album Regarde-moi, spoke to Télé-Loisirs about his relationship with Mika.

Pierre de Maere soon in duo with Mika? He answers us!

Télé-Loisirs: How did you meet Mika?

Pierre de Maere: It’s quite funny because Mika was one of the first artists who was interested in my work. Before One Day I'll Marry an Angel exploded, he had already made comments via people we have in common in the business, saying that he liked it. And one fine day, I don’t know exactly when, around Christmas 2022, he wrote to me asking me to meet up. I joined him at Crillon, he told me about his life, I told him about mine. I was extremely impressed, but he is very generous and very curious. He’s an artist with whom I interact quite a bit. I actually went to see him at the Forest National, this Sunday, March 31, in Brussels and I ended the evening with him in the dressing rooms, it was very nice.

You seem to have developed a nice relationship with him.

Downright ! It’s a relationship that’s not at all for television at all! Finally, it can happen that it is in a purely media context, but with Mika that is not at all the case. He’s been interested in what I do for a long time and I’ve been an absolute fan of his work since I was a child. I think my whole generation was lulled by Life in Cartoon Motion, his first record, which is so great. And when I told myself that this singer whose songs I listened to over and over when I was 7/8 wanted to see me, it seemed crazy to me.

“Zazie also offered it to me”: Pierre de Maere reveals that he was also contacted by Zazie to be his co-coach in The Voice 2024

Was it Mika who contacted you directly to support her during the battles?

Absolutely ! He wrote to me on WhatsApp to ask if I wanted to do the battles with him and I told him of course! I accompanied him during the coaching sessions but I was a little embarrassed because I admit that I don't know what I was going to do there... He has a long career and then we are surrounded by coaches who have been doing this forever. I asked him if he was sure and if I was legitimate, he reassured me a lot about that. It’s funny because he proposed to me and a day later, Zazie proposed to me too! But I was already taken.

Mika and Zazie fought a bit for you then?

(Laughs.) They fought nicely!

Which talent impressed you the most during the rehearsal sessions?

I would say Gabriel Lobao who covered Michel Polnareff's song, Love Me, Please Love Me. It's a great song and so hard to sing, and he sang it in one go like that. I was so fascinated by his technique and his seductive side… It’s funny, he really has a seductive soul. He looks at you, he wants to make love to you, it’s funny. He left an impression on me, vocally, physically, he exudes something. We see that he has the talent and that’s good in this environment.

“It was quite captivating”: Pierre de Maere talks about his role as co-coach with Mika in The Voice

Tell us about your experience as a co-coach alongside Mika.

I loved the experience. I found it very cool. At first, I held back a little, I had difficulty giving advice because I had the impression that they all sang as well as me, or even better than me. And afterward, I understood how to handle the situation and Mika was able to help me and finally, I took a role where I coached more on presence, on how to approach the song with emotion, which I also like in the performance, more than being fair. It was quite captivating! And hearing the advice from Mika, who is so inspired and brilliant, I felt like I was taking a personal lesson at the same time. It was very profitable at the time.

Could you have participated in a show like The Voice?

I had never thought about that because in my opinion, I didn't have the vocal skills necessary for that. On the other hand, I am my first fan, there is no problem, but on the other hand, what is worth it is more the totality of what I am. It’s my character, the text, the songs, the images that go with it and it’s all that that makes up the universe. At The Voice, it's difficult for an artist like me who wouldn't have been able to reveal all that with the blind auditions which only focus on the voice. My voice was interesting, but I didn't have the resources to appear on a TV set. So, no, maybe it used the voice a little too much and I'm more than that. (Laughs)

Could you do a duet with Mika?

Of course ! With all the good things I think of him, there are definitely possibilities for the future, but nothing has been done, written or imagined. But that would be interesting! In the featuring, I like to look for something that really has nothing to do with it, but Mika and I still have a lot of things in common... If I start from this postulate, not really, but if I don't Don't listen to my brain and tell myself that I'm singing with an artist whose work I've loved since I was 10 years old, even earlier than that, and quite frankly!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RTL2

https://www.rtl2.fr/jeux/mika-en-concert-tres-tres-prive-rtl2-au-blue-cargo-a-bidart-comment-y-assister-7900375258#20240422070000

22/04/2024

Jeux

Mika en Concert Très Très Privé RTL2 au Blue Cargo à Bidart :

comment y assister ?

Vendredi 17 mai 2024, des auditeurs de RTL2 auront la chance de voir et d’écouter Mika au Pays Basque dans un cadre exceptionnel .

RTL2 la radio du live, vous offre un Concert Très Très Privé en plein air le 17 mai. Sur la plage, les pieds dans l’eau, retrouvez Mika sur scène au Blue Cargo à Bidart, tout près de Biarritz, dans un décor exceptionnel avec l’océan Atlantique en toile de fond. Lieu mythique de la côte basque, le Blue Cargo fait rimer élégance et détente sur la magnifique plage d’Ibarritz.

Il n'avait pas sorti d'album depuis 2019 et My Name Is Michael Holbrook. Mika est enfin revenu dans les bacs avec un 6e disque intitule Que ta tête fleurisse toujours. Sa pop y prend pour la 1re fois un goût 100% francophone. Dans cet album aussi joyeux qu’intime, aussi touchant que dansant, le chanteur ouvre une  porte sur ses souvenirs et ses émotions, sans perdre sa force si universelle.

On y retrouve l'artiste pop qu’on aime. Les tubes s’enchaînent (C’est la Vie, Jane Birkin, Apocalypse Calypso..) tout en laissant l’émotion et les frissons nous rattraper parfois (30 secondes, Passager, Moi Andy et Paris..). Qui mieux que Mika pouvait réussir le tour de force de faire vibrer la langue française sur ses envolées et ses mélodies pop incomparables ? 

Dès votre réveil, écoutez RTL2. Dès que vous entendez le dernier titre de Mika, envoyez par SMS "RTL2" au 74900 (0,75€ par message) et gagnez peut-être vos places pour le Concert Très Très Privé de Mika le 17 mai au Blue Cargo à Bidart. La radio pop rock s’occupe de tout : transport et hébergement compris.

Le concert sera également à suivre en direct ce vendredi 17 mai 2024 à partir de 21h en audio sur le site RTL2.fr et l'application mobile RTL2 ainsi que sur tous nos réseaux sociaux (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).

Fin de l'opération le 26/04/2024.

Games

Mika in Very Very Private RTL2 Concert at Blue Cargo in Bidart:

how to attend?

Friday May 17, 2024, RTL2 listeners will have the chance to see and listen to Mika in the Basque Country in an exceptional setting.

RTL2, live radio, offers you a Very Very Private Open-Air Concert on May 17. On the beach, with your feet in the water, find Mika on stage at Blue Cargo in Bidart, very close to Biarritz, in an exceptional setting with the Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop. A legendary place on the Basque coast, the Blue Cargo combines elegance and relaxation on the magnificent Ibarritz beach.

He had not released an album since 2019 and My Name Is Michael Holbrook. Mika has finally returned to the stores with a 6th album entitled Que ta tête toujours. His pop takes on a 100% French-speaking taste for the first time. In this album, as joyful as it is intimate, as touching as it is danceable, the singer opens a door to his memories and his emotions, without losing his universal force.

We find the pop artist we love there. The hits follow one another (C’est la Vie, Jane Birkin, Apocalypse Calypso..) while letting the emotion and thrills catch up with us sometimes (30 seconds, Passager, Moi Andy and Paris..). Who better than Mika could achieve the feat of making the French language vibrate with its flights and incomparable pop melodies?

As soon as you wake up, listen to RTL2. As soon as you hear Mika's latest track, text "RTL2" to 74900 (€0.75 per message) and maybe win your tickets for Mika's Very Very Private Concert on May 17 at Blue Cargo in Bidart. Pop rock radio takes care of everything: transportation and accommodation included.

The concert will also be followed live the Friday, May 17, 2024 from 9 p.m. in audio on the RTL2.fr website and the RTL2 mobile application as well as on all our social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).

End of operation on 04/26/2024.

mika-en-concert-tres-tres-prive-rtl2.thumb.jpg.5183d0bf93071d723820b318bb5cac86.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

RTL2

https://www.rtl2.fr/jeux/mika-en-concert-tres-tres-prive-rtl2-au-blue-cargo-a-bidart-comment-y-assister-7900375258#20240422070000

22/04/2024

Jeux

Mika en Concert Très Très Privé RTL2 au Blue Cargo à Bidart :

comment y assister ?

Vendredi 17 mai 2024, des auditeurs de RTL2 auront la chance de voir et d’écouter Mika au Pays Basque dans un cadre exceptionnel .

RTL2 la radio du live, vous offre un Concert Très Très Privé en plein air le 17 mai. Sur la plage, les pieds dans l’eau, retrouvez Mika sur scène au Blue Cargo à Bidart, tout près de Biarritz, dans un décor exceptionnel avec l’océan Atlantique en toile de fond. Lieu mythique de la côte basque, le Blue Cargo fait rimer élégance et détente sur la magnifique plage d’Ibarritz.

Il n'avait pas sorti d'album depuis 2019 et My Name Is Michael Holbrook. Mika est enfin revenu dans les bacs avec un 6e disque intitule Que ta tête fleurisse toujours. Sa pop y prend pour la 1re fois un goût 100% francophone. Dans cet album aussi joyeux qu’intime, aussi touchant que dansant, le chanteur ouvre une  porte sur ses souvenirs et ses émotions, sans perdre sa force si universelle.

On y retrouve l'artiste pop qu’on aime. Les tubes s’enchaînent (C’est la Vie, Jane Birkin, Apocalypse Calypso..) tout en laissant l’émotion et les frissons nous rattraper parfois (30 secondes, Passager, Moi Andy et Paris..). Qui mieux que Mika pouvait réussir le tour de force de faire vibrer la langue française sur ses envolées et ses mélodies pop incomparables ? 

Dès votre réveil, écoutez RTL2. Dès que vous entendez le dernier titre de Mika, envoyez par SMS "RTL2" au 74900 (0,75€ par message) et gagnez peut-être vos places pour le Concert Très Très Privé de Mika le 17 mai au Blue Cargo à Bidart. La radio pop rock s’occupe de tout : transport et hébergement compris.

Le concert sera également à suivre en direct ce vendredi 17 mai 2024 à partir de 21h en audio sur le site RTL2.fr et l'application mobile RTL2 ainsi que sur tous nos réseaux sociaux (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).

Fin de l'opération le 26/04/2024.

Games

Mika in Very Very Private RTL2 Concert at Blue Cargo in Bidart:

how to attend?

Friday May 17, 2024, RTL2 listeners will have the chance to see and listen to Mika in the Basque Country in an exceptional setting.

RTL2, live radio, offers you a Very Very Private Open-Air Concert on May 17. On the beach, with your feet in the water, find Mika on stage at Blue Cargo in Bidart, very close to Biarritz, in an exceptional setting with the Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop. A legendary place on the Basque coast, the Blue Cargo combines elegance and relaxation on the magnificent Ibarritz beach.

He had not released an album since 2019 and My Name Is Michael Holbrook. Mika has finally returned to the stores with a 6th album entitled Que ta tête toujours. His pop takes on a 100% French-speaking taste for the first time. In this album, as joyful as it is intimate, as touching as it is danceable, the singer opens a door to his memories and his emotions, without losing his universal force.

We find the pop artist we love there. The hits follow one another (C’est la Vie, Jane Birkin, Apocalypse Calypso..) while letting the emotion and thrills catch up with us sometimes (30 seconds, Passager, Moi Andy and Paris..). Who better than Mika could achieve the feat of making the French language vibrate with its flights and incomparable pop melodies?

As soon as you wake up, listen to RTL2. As soon as you hear Mika's latest track, text "RTL2" to 74900 (€0.75 per message) and maybe win your tickets for Mika's Very Very Private Concert on May 17 at Blue Cargo in Bidart. Pop rock radio takes care of everything: transportation and accommodation included.

The concert will also be followed live the Friday, May 17, 2024 from 9 p.m. in audio on the RTL2.fr website and the RTL2 mobile application as well as on all our social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).

End of operation on 04/26/2024.

mika-en-concert-tres-tres-prive-rtl2.thumb.jpg.5183d0bf93071d723820b318bb5cac86.jpg

This is the place: https://en.bluecargo.fr/gallery/images - wow, what a dream for the French fans! :shocked:

I had hoped that after all the French promo last year he'd start doing things like this also in other countries... but I guess I'll have to give up that dream - I just live in the wrong country (like everyone else outside France & maybe Belgium). :emot-sad:

Long shot, but if any of the French fans wins this prize for 2 and doesn't know who to take, I'd be happy to join. :lol3:

• Like 3