2024 MFC Party Planning Time - London, Possibly Dublin?

dcdeb

Well, the topic title says it all, really.

It seems like it's time to start planning an MFC get-together for the upcoming tour! We have a history of holding a big gathering whenever Mika plays in London because so many MFCers come from all over to that city. :cheers:

Given that the next London gig is a little more than two months away, I'd say it's time to get serious about planning, if we're going to do it.

Of course, Mika plays in Dublin two days after London, and that date is basically the last one for that leg of the Apocalypso, so maybe we ought to consider a party there instead? OR... I guess we could do something in both cities, if enough people are interested.

Let's get the conversation started!  :partytime:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I'll probably only arrive in London the afternoon of the gig day, so unless we plan the party for after the gig, I might not be able to attend. But on the evening of the 10th in Dublin would be perfect for me. :)

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

I love that movie! Underrated.

Anyhow... both is probably possible. And possibly probable!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Hi there,

London & Dublin!

My favourite cities for pub crawling :drink_nl:

Can't wait to see you all there.:hug:

Just let me know when the party will be held.

After the gig or the day before the gig?? :plane:

PS. I will be able to provide some MIKA items for the prize if you play games at the party :wink2:

• Like 5

19 hours ago, NaoMika said:

Hi there,

London & Dublin!

My favourite cities for pub crawling :drink_nl:

Can't wait to see you all there.:hug:

Just let me know when the party will be held.

After the gig or the day before the gig?? :plane:

PS. I will be able to provide some MIKA items for the prize if you play games at the party :wink2:

Thanks, Naomi! Right now I'm thinking we'll do something on the 8th in London, and then something on the 10th, in Dublin.

I'm thinking of a pub party with drink and finger foods in both places, unless someone has other ideas and you all want to get more adventurous. I think the weather will still be on the cool side and rather "iffy" as far as rain goes, so maybe we won't do anything outdoors, but I'm listening for any suggestions!

Also looking for an idea of how many to expect in each city -- so if you're going to either of the gigs and want to join in a get-together the night before, be sure to go to the RSVP and let us know you'll be there. Based on past experience, I'm guessing we might have as many as 80 in London, probably fewer for Dublin?

• Like 4

@dcdeb is it worth having 2 separate invites for the parties? Like Anna, not everyone attending the gigs will be able to go to the meet ups, and some may only be able to attend one, even if they're doing both gigs. 

17 minutes ago, Hero said:

@dcdeb is it worth having 2 separate invites for the parties? Like Anna, not everyone attending the gigs will be able to go to the meet ups, and some may only be able to attend one, even if they're doing both gigs. 

Invites? I wasn't thinking this was an invitation, just a discussion to see if there was even any interest in getting together -- I mean, we all might be tired of seeing each other by now ;)

But yes, I guess two separate threads to keep things straight makes sense -- I just hope we can get more than 10 people to speak up about what they want to do! I suppose it's like a "Field of Dreams" thing -- if we build it, they will come. :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Sorry, I will not be able to attend the party in London.

I will arrive the day of the concert and I will go back to Poland the next day.

:(  Not carrying on to Dublin? But it's so close! <joinusjoinusjoinus...>

• Haha 1

Hi @dcdeb ! A Mfc meeting/party would be great, I have beautiful memories of last few years🥰 I am planning to attend both gigs, but I still don't know what time I am arriving in London. I am trying to get there on the 8th late afternoon but I still have to plan my trip properly. 

For Dublin no problem, I am in 🥳

So whatever you decide for me it's fine 

Thank you😊

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

There'll be a lot heading to Dublin from London. 

Maybe we should just ask Ryanair if we can borrow a plane. :lol3: 

Or Aer Lingus, I prefer them to Ryanair. :teehee: From the MFC bus to the MFC boat to the MFC plane. :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, mellody said:

Or Aer Lingus, I prefer them to Ryanair. :teehee: From the MFC bus to the MFC boat to the MFC plane. :lmfao:

Just looked up prices, I'm not surprised! :naughty: Aer Lingus wants around £70, Ryanair around £20. 

• Haha 1

I will be in London and Dublin so please count me in. I have great memories of the last get together in London of 2022.

I’m as usual already excited of the prospect of it all. 

• Like 2

OK, I'll close this thread and create two separate topics, one for each city. Then I'll ask for people to let me know which cities they'll party in!

Andrea has kindly already done some research for a London location - but we're having some trouble finding disabled-accessible places. But we'll keep looking! We may end up going a bit outside of the venue's immediate area, but we'll try to keep it on an underground line, so it's easy to get to. Stay tuned...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

OK, I'll close this thread and create two separate topics, one for each city. Then I'll ask for people to let me know which cities they'll party in!

Andrea has kindly already done some research for a London location - but we're having some trouble finding disabled-accessible places. But we'll keep looking! We may end up going a bit outside of the venue's immediate area, but we'll try to keep it on an underground line, so it's easy to get to. Stay tuned...

And third thread for Berlin? No? Also ends with -lin as Dublin so I thought, maybe... ok, never mind :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Vero Bott said:

And third thread for Berlin? No? Also ends with -lin as Dublin so I thought, maybe... ok, never mind :lmfao:

I don't know if enough people would be intetested in another big MFC meetup - especially those who are going to both Berlin and London/Dublin, maybe it's getting too much then? But in any case we could surely meet up "unofficially" the evening before the Berlin gig. :)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Hi

I'll be in London and Dublin too.

I'm interested in both parties with pleasure ! Or any one you choose.

While waiting for the separate threads I put this here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I don't know if enough people would be intetested in another big MFC meetup - especially those who are going to both Berlin and London/Dublin, maybe it's getting too much then? But in any case we could surely meet up "unofficially" the evening before the Berlin gig. :)

Officialy or unofficialy, that would be lovely :original: :heart:

• Like 3

• dcdeb locked this topic