Introduction!

willprest

Never really used a forum before, but I'm Will! I discovered Mika through Eurovision, sort of. His music was everywhere before so I was somewhat aware of it, so really it was a rediscovery, but I absolutely love him and his music!! 

His music is so perfect it sort of just clicks in my brain, also both being neurodivergent I recognise so much of my traits in him when I read interviews and watch stuff about him, and as a gay guy I feel really seen/represented.

I'm currently studying Art History, Art and Italian! Mika's multilingual songs/fans/social media has unironically helped with my language studies, so thanks Mika! Lol

• Like 9

Hi @willprest and welcome :welcomeani:

This thread can be helpful for understanding the forum a bit better:

Mika's music really does help those in the LGBT+ community feel represented, I can relate! 

You'll find lots of fans here (and friends I'm sure) that find positivity through Mika's music.

43 minutes ago, willprest said:

I'm currently studying Art History, Art and Italian!

Interesting! I love art and I'm currently learning Italian (because of Mika!) :biggrin2:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, willprest said:

Never really used a forum before, but I'm Will! I discovered Mika through Eurovision, sort of. His music was everywhere before so I was somewhat aware of it, so really it was a rediscovery, but I absolutely love him and his music!! 

His music is so perfect it sort of just clicks in my brain, also both being neurodivergent I recognise so much of my traits in him when I read interviews and watch stuff about him, and as a gay guy I feel really seen/represented.

I'm currently studying Art History, Art and Italian! Mika's multilingual songs/fans/social media has unironically helped with my language studies, so thanks Mika! Lol

Hi @willprest and welcome to MFC! :welcomeani:

Nice to meet you! I'm very happy that to be fan of Mika has helped you in your studies and in your everyday life. It has happened and still happen to me too, so I understand. 

Me too I love art and I follow it, but I'm not so good to make drawings! Sometimes I try! :artist:

I'm italian and if sometimes you need help for your Italian, here I am! :thumb_yello:

I hope you'll enjoy in MFC! :bye:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 3

Hi @willprest, glad you've joind the Forum. You mentioned that being a Mika fan has helped you with your language studies (Italian).  For me, Mika's videos in French were an incentive to get me studying the language again. Hope you have the opportunity to visit Italy sometime since you're majoring in art. :original:

• Like 1

Hi Will and welcome to the MFC! :)

I (re)discovered Mika through Eurovision as well and couldn't agree more.

He makes me feel seen as a queer person as well and helped me discover this wonderful community of course. Have fun and don't hesitate to ask if you need help! :hug:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silver said:

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Are you going to any of the gigs coming up in the UK?

Oh I wish!!! Live music is such a different and amazing experience but I don't think I can afford to at the moment, such a shame too because I absolutely love the new album :crybaby:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Hi @willprest, glad you've joind the Forum. You mentioned that being a Mika fan has helped you with your language studies (Italian).  For me, Mika's videos in French were an incentive to get me studying the language again. Hope you have the opportunity to visit Italy sometime since you're majoring in art. :original:

That's amazing! I have wondered about learning French because of how much Mika does in French! and I have been to Italy to visit galleries! (recently the Uffizi) and wow, I was so blown away!  
Wishing you well on your French! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

Hi @willprest and welcome to MFC! :welcomeani:

Nice to meet you! I'm very happy that to be fan of Mika has helped you in your studies and in your everyday life. It has happened and still happen to me too, so I understand. 

Me too I love art and I follow it, but I'm not so good to make drawings! Sometimes I try! :artist:

I'm italian and if sometimes you need help for your Italian, here I am! :thumb_yello:

I hope you'll enjoy in MFC! :bye:

Nice to meet you! Great to hear you love art, Do you have any favourite artists/art? 
I was in Florence recently and got to see some of my favourites! 
And thank you for offer, I really would love to enhance my Italian, it amazes me that it only took Mika two months to learn! 

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Interesting! I love art and I'm currently learning Italian (because of Mika!)

Brilliant! Glad to hear you love art! Any favourite artworks/artists? 

Wishing you well with your Italian :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, willprest said:

Any favourite artworks/artists? 

With well known famous artists I'd say Manet and Van Gogh. They've both created works that are now my favourites, A Bar at the Folies-Bergère, Starry Night and Sunflowers.

But I also like more modern art and I've come to really appreciate digital art/artists over the years!

17 hours ago, willprest said:

Nice to meet you! Great to hear you love art, Do you have any favourite artists/art? 
I was in Florence recently and got to see some of my favourites! 
And thank you for offer, I really would love to enhance my Italian, it amazes me that it only took Mika two months to learn! 

For what concern art I love Macchiaioli and Impressionists artists. Sometimes I visit exhibitions and last year I have seen exhibition about Giovanni Fattori and the painters of Pompei.

I have had the opportunity too, years ago, to see in front of me the painting  "The girl with pearl earrings" and it was been something of incredible! 

I admire the genius of Leonardo da Vinci and me too, I have visited Florence and Rome.

I don't understand very much modern art instead, despite I'm curious about it.

I'm not very good in drawings so I have to express my creativity learning graphics ( Photoshop, illustrator...) despite in this period I had to take a forced pause. :wait::dunno:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

With well known famous artists I'd say Manet and Van Gogh. They've both created works that are now my favourites, A Bar at the Folies-Bergère, Starry Night and Sunflowers.

But I also like more modern art and I've come to really appreciate digital art/artists over the years!

Those are excellent choices! A Bar at the Folies-Bergère is a favourite of mine too, and I recently had the honor of seeing it! ( I was participating in a Caurtauld workshop about Van Gogh and Manet! ). It is so incredibly captivating in real life.
Vincent Van Gogh is such an intriguing artist, i've learnt so much about his life and it is quite tragic. I did infact take a trip into town today to the national gallery and briefly saw the Sunflowers.

I do like some Modern art and it is good in its own way. I also really have come to enjoy some digital art and it really speaks to the evolution of art as a whole!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

For what concern art I love Macchiaioli and Impressionists artists. Sometimes I visit exhibitions and last year I have seen exhibition about Giovanni Fattori and the painters of Pompei.

I have had the opportunity too, years ago, to see in front of me the painting  "The girl with pearl earrings" and it was been something of incredible! 

I admire the genius of Leonardo da Vinci and me too, I have visited Florence and Rome.

I don't understand very much modern art instead, despite I'm curious about it.

I'm not very good in drawings so I have to express my creativity learning graphics ( Photoshop, illustrator...) despite in this period I had to take a forced pause. :wait::dunno:

I admit I didn't know a lot about Italian Impressionists and Wow! I really do love these paintings. Silvestro Lega caught my eye, theres sure a brilliant sense of atmosphere. I will certainly be researching more into Macchiaioli art.
I studied Vermeer in class, I'm glad you could see "The girl with the pearl earrings"! I really do love Dutch Golden Age paintings.

Leonardo da Vinci is such an intriguing artist, honored to see a painting of his in the Uffizi, and a drawing today in the National Gallery, great stuff. :thumb_yello:

Hope you can get back to your creativity! :artist:

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 1:14 AM, willprest said:

I admit I didn't know a lot about Italian Impressionists and Wow! I really do love these paintings. Silvestro Lega caught my eye, theres sure a brilliant sense of atmosphere. I will certainly be researching more into Macchiaioli art.
I studied Vermeer in class, I'm glad you could see "The girl with the pearl earrings"! I really do love Dutch Golden Age paintings.

Leonardo da Vinci is such an intriguing artist, honored to see a painting of his in the Uffizi, and a drawing today in the National Gallery, great stuff. :thumb_yello:

Hope you can get back to your creativity! :artist:

Oh...it's a nice coincidence that, among Impressionist artists, you have mentioned Silvestro Lega!

My mother has always made painting,  it was been always her favorite hobby and she has worked for a long time as a graphic.

The boss of her office was a person called Lega, I don't remember the name...anyway it seems that Silvestro Lega was an antenate of my mother's boss!  :shocked::biggrin2:

Nothing...it was simply a thing that make me curious! :D

Ok...See you somewhere on MFC! :bye:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 1