Such a nasty Mika review!

Sarah_Lou

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm, not nice, but only to be expected and will prob happen again, there is never any accounting for taste, or lack of it, wonder if he's jumped of that 15 storey building yet, he did say it was the best thing to do, so lets hope he has. :thumb_yello:

This is one of the so called reviews/attempted assassinations that Brian May took exception to, especially the "Leo Sayer" reference. Not nice. (Leo Sayer on the other hand is a nice chap.)

http://brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

Scroll down to...

Mon 05 Feb 07

ANOTHER NASTY PIECE OF WORK

I was reading some of the comments back on the DIS page - and someone had the gall so say, don't come to this page if you are looking for certain artists. In fact war seems to be breaking out there in the comments section.

CW.

haha... people, don't even take this seriously.

the reviewer doesn't even give valid reasons for not liking it. his negative comments are obviously more of a reflection on himself than on mika. even IF cartoon motion was a bad album, it wouldn't make sense to hate it as much as he did. and we all know it's a wonderful album so lets not worry about it! :)

haha... people, don't even take this seriously.

the reviewer doesn't even give valid reasons for not liking it. his negative comments are obviously more of a reflection on himself than on mika. even IF cartoon motion was a bad album, it wouldn't make sense to hate it as much as he did. and we all know it's a wonderful album so lets not worry about it! :)

I never take music reviews seriously, unless they're good and for artists I like...there's always gonna be people who are nasty and jerks for stupid reasons, so I've learned to ignore them...I listen to the music and decide for myself whether its good or not...and regardless of what anyone wants to say, Mika does have talent. I can't really think of more than a couple people who are on his level vocally, (among newer artists) and his songs actually have meaning, unlike some of the mindless junk that seems to be shoved down our throats so often... so yeah...that what I think....:biggrin2:

/rant :original:

If I remember rightly, I've come across a review on this site before, and it was terrible. The reviewer was being far too personal and half of the comments had no relevance at all. Nice to see he's performed well again. :wink2:

Yeah I agree to ignore rubbish like that. What I don't understand though is why the reviewer and the people who comment behave like that. They really are full of venom against Mika and other artists that they don't like. They obviously have nothing better to do, but I find it incredibly sad :thumbdown:

That was awful and if anything the comments posted below it were far worse. i think it was written and commetned on by people who think themselves so cool because they listen to crappy indie rock bands no one has heard of that all sound and look the same and never wash, wear clean clothes or smile. i stopped reading music reviews and buying music magazines when i was a teenager. i was never cool or could understand why it was fine to go for bands that were so drab and depressing yet something kitsch was always considered the lowest common denominator. I think these people should pull their heads out of their backsides and go and do something they are good at- like kicking puppies or something- because I bet thats the sort of people they are: weak nerdy wannabes with so much pent up anger they attack something harmless and fun! There are far worse crimes to the ears out there, but then again they are all so deaf from listening to guitars being ripped apart by greasy haired, monosyllabic, melancholic monkeys that I'm surprised they even managed to take notice of Mika- maybe it was the colours. Not enough washed out black and erm..black.

:blowup:

*takes deep breath* rant over- sorry!

to be honest, I could care less what people who don't like Mika say. But the comments under were quite interesting. Some of the bullet firers got a bit 'defensive' don't you think?? hehe.

Diversity is a good thing and people could just accept that just because they don't particularly like something, does't make it wrong, the world would be a better place. (sorry, don't want to get too deep).

However, I think they just gave Mika advertising time by making such a deal of it....... oops! don't think they meant too.:naughty:

lv, andi xxx

I think this was the same review Brian May ranted about in his website, and I can see why. I have had many healthy debates on my musical taste, but I draw the line on getting personal about an artist, as I don't know them therefore I cannot comment on them. So for this "reviewer" to carry on in the manner he did, was a little nasty. I'm sure that Mika has probably heard worse, but he shouldn't have to, especailly from people he doesn't even know.

I also read some of the comments underneath, all I can say is that these people remind me of the people who used to bully me when I was a kid, they think they are more superior and don't care about any one but themselves. If their criticism of the music was structured, I could understand it, but some of them were just being blatantly nasty and hurtful and I find that incredibly offensive. Sorry to go on but I hate bullys, guess even after all this time it gets to me.:furious:

wow. this article makes me sad. as a columnest i review many things, and while this article is sadly well written, and he is entitled to his own opinions, its just plain mean. and i can see why these people think what they think.....i guess....but i still LOVE mika. [[[HEARTS]]]

God reading those reviews was just hillarious. The way they kept attacking each other and checking each others posts and such,really have they nothing better to do.They've given him more press anyway :)

It's a brilliant album I haven't stopped listening to it for two days now.

Well i'm not ashame to buy it, i'm not ashame to liste to it and i'm certainlly not ashame of saying Mika is the best thing that happen in music latetly... Oh and i won't be ashame to attend a concert.... :punk:

This article is just a bunch of crap. I've always wondered how was it possible to criticize someone's music or someone's tastes? Basically, music is such a very personal thing, it can unweil a lot features on a person.To me criticizing someone's music is being narrow minded and is as hurtful as insulting the musician's identity.It's a nonsense, how can those people be unbiaised when it comes to subjective things??!!! it's ridiculous!! We'd better not to pay attention to it, and not reply to them, so that they may understand what respect and tolerance mean!!

For every nasty review there's a load of geat ones. Like this that I read in a free music mag that I picked up in a bar, it finishes with:

"Life in Cartoom Motion is simply the most captivating moment in British pop this century." .... Wow