Your claims to fame

jengafer

I've met Mika :biggrin2: ... such a nice person

I've met a lot of "celebrities" from Québec but nobody on there would know who I'm talking about ! lol !! I live and work in an area of Montréal where you see famous people all the time so that's why... In fact there was this famous singer in Québec, Arianne Moffat (maybe people from France know her also) that lived in the appartment just above mine. I'm happy she moved though cause she used to play her music and sing with the speakers on at like 2h30 am on weekdays... didn't sleep much while she was there ! lol !!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that this thread was resurrected! I just missed it the first time it came up :)

My biggest brush with celebrity was Lady Diana -- actually even had the chance to shake her hand, the softest hand I've ever felt in my life. I was in London and saw that she was making an appearance at some senior citizen center, so I made my way over there and waited around with the media guys and a bunch of little old ladies until she came out. It was drizzling and when she saw us, she came straight over and said something like, "You poor things, you must be freezing." I was taking photos and realized suddenly that her face was taking up the whole frame, and said to myself, "Put the camera down, idiot!" and there she was, right in front of me, extending her hand for me to shake it. I was beside myself. *sigh*

I've seen a lot of celebs promoting their books when I've been to BookExpo America (to promote my book), even met a few: Leonard Cohen, Eoin Colfer, Tracey Ullmann, Henry Winkler, oh, a bunch of authors...

Besides that, I can't say that I know or have met a lot of famous people -- I've SEEN a lot, mostly when I've been in London, funnily enough: Boy George, Mohammed Ali, Tony Randall, Neil Simon, Steven Spielberg, Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Diana Rigg, many others... Mostly I just leave them alone -- It's enough for me to just see them out and about.

Mika won't be so lucky -- HIM I want to meet, and I plan to try after the DC show :biggrin2:

In just 38 days... not that I'm counting or anything...:wink2:

dcdeb

I really haven't met anybody too famous, hopefully, I will meet Mika in Chicago though! I've mostly met American football players which probably isn't a big deal to most of you. I've met Brady Quinn, some of the people from the U.S. may know him. I am in love with him! :wub2: I got his autograph. I've also met Jerry Rice, who was a football player and was on Dancing With The Stars. Besides that a few baseball and basketball players. You don't really see too many famous people in Indiana!

I was curious a to the picky !

Have u met alex higgins and jimmy white ?

:mf_lustslow::wub2::mf_lustslow::wub2:

Jimmy White came to our pub a couple of years ago and I served him a few times. He seemed nice!

Warwick Davies' kids go to the same primary school as mine. I often see him in the mornings, he's really nice. A lot of his family are/have been in films too and they often come into our pub!

I used to date a well known drum and bass DJ, but I suppose he is only a celeb if you are into that kind of thing! :blush-anim-cl:

i used to cut bradley walsh's hair (danny baldwin in coronation street)

alos lots of famous people have lived in the same town as me

Oh I luuurve him. Does he have that same kind of cocky cockney personality in real life?

I heard he's leaving the Street...? :crybaby:

(we're 9 months behind in Canada)

I met both Howard Cosell (the famous U.S. sports broadcaster) amd O.J. Simpson (before he became a total whack-job) at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal. The thing that stood out in my mind the most was when O.J. shook my hand was how HUGE his hands were!!! A little creepy, or what?:sneaky2::boxed::thumbdown:

Oh I luuurve him. Does he have that same kind of cocky cockney personality in real life?

I heard he's leaving the Street...? :crybaby:

(we're 9 months behind in Canada)

yes he does. I dont know if he's leaving (or left) coz i dont watch corrie.

He wasnt famous when i knew him, but i knew he was trying to make it as a comedian

Umm..let's see. I haven't met any of my favorite artists or anything :( Tis sad.

I went to a Chuck Norris book signing with my brother last year when he was taking karate :bleh:

And then last weekend I met Paula Deen at Sam's Club. hahaha..my 8-yr-old sister shook her hand and was accidentally scribbled on by the sharpie she was holding. the rest of the day my sister kept running around showing everyone the mark on her hand :roftl: :roftl: What's sad is that I'm not a huge cooking show fan or anything and I felt overcome with emotion just meeting Paula Deen! WHAT?!?!?! SO unexpected, but I guess I've never met anyone that famous before. It really makes me wonder what would happen if I met Mika. HAH I'm pretty sure my heart would be leaping out of my chest and I'd start crying. I get nervous just thinking about it.

Oh! I almost forgot. I was interviewed on the 4th of July a few years ago by a TV station. does that count?

Let's see,

:naughty: I was in Toronto one time and literally ran into a few people from the show Degrassi Junior high(tv show when they first started)apparently one of my friends had known them so I was introduced.

:bleh: went to a video shoot for platinum blonde that my cousin dragged me into, of course they got the back of me in the video, shocked me.

:blink: My friend walked into Kim Mitchell at Canada's Wonderland, if you ever want to run into a musician you go to Canada's Wonderland (theme park in Ontario, Canada).

:punk: I just recently went to a CD release party for a band called Sapphire City and went to introduce myself but he had already recognized me from myspace.

Thanks to the MFC I learned about myspace, didn't have a clue about it before.

I have had other run ins but can't remember them at this very moment.

Guest vuyk@telkomsa.net
I love that this thread was resurrected! I just missed it the first time it came up :)

My biggest brush with celebrity was Lady Diana -- actually even had the chance to shake her hand, the softest hand I've ever felt in my life. I was in London and saw that she was making an appearance at some senior citizen center, so I made my way over there and waited around with the media guys and a bunch of little old ladies until she came out. It was drizzling and when she saw us, she came straight over and said something like, "You poor things, you must be freezing." I was taking photos and realized suddenly that her face was taking up the whole frame, and said to myself, "Put the camera down, idiot!" and there she was, right in front of me, extending her hand for me to shake it. I was beside myself. *sigh*

I've seen a lot of celebs promoting their books when I've been to BookExpo America (to promote my book), even met a few: Leonard Cohen, Eoin Colfer, Tracey Ullmann, Henry Winkler, oh, a bunch of authors...

Besides that, I can't say that I know or have met a lot of famous people -- I've SEEN a lot, mostly when I've been in London, funnily enough: Boy George, Mohammed Ali, Tony Randall, Neil Simon, Steven Spielberg, Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Diana Rigg, many others... Mostly I just leave them alone -- It's enough for me to just see them out and about.

Mika won't be so lucky -- HIM I want to meet, and I plan to try after the DC show :biggrin2:

In just 38 days... not that I'm counting or anything...:wink2:

dcdeb

Oh, Leonard Cohen! Intriging person. Loved his music - years ago.

Nel

Guest vuyk@telkomsa.net

I only met one famous person. And what a disappoinment that was.

My parents had a holiday home in the south of Spain and Rod Stewart bought a house a few streets away from us.

Now there is a star with a serious attitude problem. I was only 15 or so at the time but I hated him from the beginning.

Sorry Rodney!

Nel

I haven't actually met alot of famous people.But I have known a few......either through correspondence by letters, or the lovely my-space now.

My Grandparents on my mother's side knew the wonderful and amazing author 'H.G Wells', he was a great family friend !.(He wrote 'War of The Worlds', 'The Time Machine', The Invisible Man'...plus many others):biggrin2:

I knew the guitarist from Madness a while back...."Chrissy Boy".He even sent me little messages by mail and gave me his autograph a few times.

I did know and correspond with 'Steve Burns' via my-space the first guy from the kids show 'Blues Clues'......that was funny :roftl:.

And right now I know this other gentleman....I dunno if I can say or allowed to say who :roftl:...he's on my-space and keeps who he is private.:blush-anim-cl:

I did know and correspond with 'Steve Burns' via my-space the first guy from the kids show 'Blues Clues'......that was funny :roftl:.

I loved Steve! When my son was little, we used to watch Blue's Clues all the time! Even when my son outgrew it, I would watch just to see Steve :wink2:

Such a cutie! What's he doing now, I wonder?

And right now I know this other gentleman....I dunno if I can say or allowed to say who :roftl:...he's on my-space and keeps who he is private.:blush-anim-cl:

OK, that's just mean! You can't tease us like that and then not say! Who? Who? Whoooooo? (Do I sound like an owl?)

dcdeb

I went to secondary school and half of Sixth Form with Lisa Andreas, who represented Cyprus in the Eurovision Song Contest 2004 with 'Stronger Every Minute'! :biggrin2: She was in my form from Year 8-11, and then in my AS Music Tech class. I always remember watching the semifinal, and waiting eagerly to see if Lisa had made it into the final... after they FINALLY announced that Cyprus had gotten through, my best friend phoned me and we were practically squealing down the phone with excitement XD

She got fifth place in the final!

So, yeah. She's not massively famous (yet), but I still think it's majorly cool, especially since I love the Eurovision so much!

I have a pretty big (sounding) one!

I'M IN DR DOLITTLE 2! :) You can totally see me in the background! They were filming at Seaworld in San Diego when I was on holiday there and they asked if we wanted to be in it!

Also... Mike Skinner from the Streets used to go to my college and also The guys who play the Weasley twins in Harry Potter went to my college until a couple of years ago too :)

I've been on the news a few times too at concerts and reports at my school and stuff.

I've met a few celebs too :)

I loved Steve! When my son was little, we used to watch Blue's Clues all the time! Even when my son outgrew it, I would watch just to see Steve :wink2:

Such a cutie! What's he doing now, I wonder?

OK, that's just mean! You can't tease us like that and then not say! Who? Who? Whoooooo? (Do I sound like an owl?)

dcdeb

My nephew used to watch Blues Clues and he loved Steve...so did I :roftl:.

He's singing now and has done a few albums.....here's his official website http://www.steveswebpage.com/

:roftl: Aww I love owls!!.

He's a singer in popular band.......he's coming to Australia Sydney on May 11....but I can't afford to go see him.:sad: ....I would ask him for tickets...but I'm too afraid and nervous to.

His initials are T.R. :naughty:

My nephew used to watch Blues Clues and he loved Steve...so did I :roftl:.

He's singing now and has done a few albums.....here's his official website http://www.steveswebpage.com/

I am scared. And I let my son watch this man? :shocked:

Seriously, he's just the kind of demented I like... I'll be adding him to myspace and maybe even writing him. He's deliciously warped! :roftl:

Aww I love owls!!.

He's a singer in popular band.......he's coming to Australia Sydney on May 11....but I can't afford to go see him.:sad: ....I would ask him for tickets...but I'm too afraid and nervous to.

His initials are T.R. :naughty:

Alrighty, I need to put my thinking cap on... it's not Mika, I can see that much... I'll meditate on it and get back to you... privately, so as not to divulge any secrets :wink2:

dcdeb

I have met: Andy Roddick (two times), Pete Sampras 1 time, Patrick Rafter 1 time, too.

I also met Davy Jones. He gave me an autograph and he took his picture with me too.

I was also an extra in the movie "Killer Diller." This wasn't a huge film, but it had the actors Fred Willard and John Michael Higgins in it. They are associated with the Christopher Guest films, such as "Best In Show" and "This Is Spinal Tap." It was a lot of fun! :)

Ummm...I am also planning to give Gwen Stefani a gift when I see her on the front row this June. And I hope to meet Mika in June, too. :)

I haven't actually met alot of famous people.But I have known a few......either through correspondence by letters, or the lovely my-space now.

My Grandparents on my mother's side knew the wonderful and amazing author 'H.G Wells', he was a great family friend !.(He wrote 'War of The Worlds', 'The Time Machine', The Invisible Man'...plus many others):biggrin2:

I knew the guitarist from Madness a while back...."Chrissy Boy".He even sent me little messages by mail and gave me his autograph a few times.

Your grandparents knew HG Wells, Faboulus writter, absolutely fenominal stories....

• 8 months later...