Your claims to fame

jengafer

I'm a bloody lucky girl! Sometimes it's not what you know! But I will tell you my Mark Owen story:

I went to see them live and was right at the front. Just before the encore a bouncer pulled me out of the crowd (much to my dissatisfaction at the time) and was told to wait in the VIP section. Apparently TT used to pick girls out of the crowd, that they liked the look of, at all their gigs. To cut a long story short I ended up being very friendly and obsessed with the guy. He thought I was 18 (I was only 15!) and I knew him for about a year, until the next girl came along. He held my hand when I got my Tattoo, made me a mix tape and was my first love! Unfortunately I don't look the same anymore and didn't have the same effect when I went to see them last year!

Amazing :thumb_yello:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I served Alvin Stardust and Richard O'Brien (Rocky Horror Show and Crystal Maze - that was a great program!) in the off licence I used to work in.

Will Greenwood signed my right boob after a Harlequins game once - what a nice guy!!

Other than those I don't think I have met anyone else but then I am usually completely oblivious to everything else that is going on around me and don't even notice people I know :mfr_lol:

You cannot beat my claim to fame... if you are in the uk you will understand why.

I made timmy mallett a cup of tea when his son started at the nursery i worked in (lmao).

served irene frome astenders 200 marlboro lights

rolf harris lives about 2 miles from me and he is always in town, he is such a nice bloke. my little girl was excited when she saw him and so he stopped and chatted with her fro about 10 minutes about animal hospital,

ulrika johnson was in marlow when i was shopping for a wedding dress she looks so old.

i met hanson when i won a competition, they were so sweet.

billi joe from green day gave my boyfriend a hi 5.. unimpressed was i. i loved him for years lol

gerard way from mcr threw his bottle of water and i got that .

thats about it

:mf_lustslow: being the gig whore I am ;) met /known far too many pop peeps to mention ...:roftl: but don't have any actual claims to fame myself really ...we'll not mention the x factor cos that was my sister not me :naughty:

I suppose one of my favourite celeb encounters was discussing

Franz Ferdinand's underwear with Ana Matronic :mf_lustslow: by the by ..never go drinking with the Scissors ....'cos they will win, and this will be you ...:stretcher:

i don,t know if it's a claim to fame for all of you but for me it was and still is... i've meet Chris de Burgh a couple of time... very nice person.

For me this IS a claim to fame! Have been a fan for the best part of 20 years and have never had the chance to meet him :( Seen him a couple of times in concert and think he's one of the most entertaining people I've seen.

Jem , i cant believe that he looks so very sweet....very impressive claim to fame though, I wonder if Mika would do that, thinking prob not(def not me!!) and might piss of the other half too, blimey what if he picks my other half:blink: :naughty: ...bit harsh having to get over mark owen, first loves tend to stay with you....must be funny seeing him now on the brits....

I went to see them live and was right at the front. Just before the encore a bouncer pulled me out of the crowd (much to my dissatisfaction at the time) and was told to wait in the VIP section. Apparently TT used to pick girls out of the crowd, that they liked the look of, at all their gigs. To cut a long story short I ended up being very friendly and obsessed with the guy. He thought I was 18 (I was only 15!) and I knew him for about a year, until the next girl came along.

Blimey ......not sure what to say about that....

Jem , i cant believe that he looks so very sweet....very impressive claim to fame though, I wonder if Mika would do that, thinking prob not(def not me!!) and might piss of the other half too, blimey what if he picks my other half:blink: :naughty: ...bit harsh having to get over mark owen, first loves tend to stay with you....must be funny seeing him now on the brits....

Tell me about it! But I just think how lucky I am to have those memories. It's weird when shine comes on the radio though, makes me go all shuddery! Wouldn't it be great though if Mika did the same, he could find the love of his life!:wub2:

I was at a Beck gig which bits from were used on the album chart show (watched that and thought it wasn't the same place but it was. Another thing I noticed was there were mostly girls at the front). I was somewhere in the middle of the crowd.

Most people have heard of the name Chippindale which makes it quite funny when my family go abroad (one man laughed at our passports and then took them to show to his friend).

My dads photo was taken at a conference, it was used in a medical magazine and my day says he keeps seeing it.

I served Alvin Stardust and Richard O'Brien (Rocky Horror Show and Crystal Maze - that was a great program!) in the off licence I used to work in.

Will Greenwood signed my right boob after a Harlequins game once - what a nice guy!!

Other than those I don't think I have met anyone else but then I am usually completely oblivious to everything else that is going on around me and don't even notice people I know :mfr_lol:

Well slap my thigh and call me Nancy I was only talking about Crystal Maze the other day and now it is on FTN - not Richard O'Brien though just some other bald geezer instead.:thumb_yello:

Well we have got some people in our group who have met so many celebs!

Mine isn`t so much I met but rather a turn down.

Jason Orange from TT wanted me to meet with him he wrote me a note and everything but alas I was (stupid!) in love with someone (who ended up seeing someone else at the same time) so missed my chance of being Mrs Orange ( but the memory and the note!) are still there!

Used to live near Manchester and used to see loads footballers,and soap stars infact that many you got immune to seeing them especially on nights out.

Wouldn`t mind getting close to Russell Brand and of course the darling MIKA!!

Tell me did you(those who have met MIKA-the golden few!) meet him before or after the gig as he always looks so cool and what does he smell of?- no I`m not being pervy one member said he smells lovely!!

love to you all today as its sunny so eat lollipops!

xx

• 2 months later...

Jason Orange from TT wanted me to meet with him he wrote me a note and everything but alas I was (stupid!) in love with someone (who ended up seeing someone else at the same time) so missed my chance of being Mrs Orange ( but the memory and the note!) are still there!

:shocked: omg i LOVE jason! i'm sooo jealous, wished i would ever have had that chance, i surely wouldn't have turned him down! :biggrin2::naughty: on the other hand, i once turned down mark owen, when he asked me to come with him to his hotel room - well, he was just the wrong band member... :naughty:

apart from take that, i've met all the boybands that were famous in germany about 10-15 years ago - like new kids on the block, caught in the act, backstreet boys, nsync, boyzone, worlds apart, eyc, pj & duncan, let loose, bad boys inc., east 17, and lots more. :wink2: some of them knew who i was, because i followed them all around the country. from that time are also my "own" claims to fame, like when i was front row at shows that were shown on tv, like the "BRAVO Supershow". and i'm on a picture in the take that book "TT in private". :biggrin2:

ahh, good old times... i really wonder how i had all the time and the money for this back then! :blink:

I've met Cheryl Baker and that McClean guy from the british nickelodeon channel from AGES ago. (but yeah they're not greatly famous)

I knwo one of the women on PriceDrop TV. She even lives pretty much round the corner from me.

Two of my friends have met Emma Watson (aka Hermione Granger *Harry Potter*) and they've both said she's a right cow.

My sister has met Joe Pasquale. Oh! and Jimmy Osmond. She was in "The Spirit Of Christmas" tour with him.

:( I have met no one...I've only been to one concert...NSYNC

But hopefully this will change after June 12th!

Delaware is such a boring state...we never get famous people here

Oh wait! I forgot I did see Paris Hilton at the Mall one time shopping

I met Roger Federer [Tennis Player] at the Toronto Hilton last year...

I also know the guy who played drums on Love Today...

Annnnnnd errrr.... i was in Hull Daily Mail the other day.. and im going on telly next week maybe... :naughty:

Wow roger federer is cool, i meet guga kurten once at wimbledon, he was lovely!!!

Jimmy savelle jogged past my street when i was young, and the lead singer of curiosity killed the cat thou a towel at me, im not sure why and it was covered in sweat!! erm YUCK!!!

Hopefully i can soon say i met mika!!!:thumb_yello:

Cool idea :)

But those I've WANTED to meet .. Bruce Dickinson, Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Howard Donald, Chesney Hawkes (yes, he's still gigging), 3 members of Def Leppard (Rick Savage, Viv Campbell and Joe Elliot), Jonathan Wilkes, Joe Pasquale and Jason Donovan. Also loads of other people too from when I was a kid.

Have also grabbed Bryan Adams's arse when I saw him in concert in 04 :P

Hey I met Bruce Dickinson too, as well as Bryan Adams a couple of times (didn't grab his arse though :naughty:)

Also met Janet Jackson, Patrick Swayze (got a kiss!), Rob Lowe, John Oates (Hall & Oates), Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) and lots of random Canadian musicians and MuchMusic VJs from the '80s. One of them was Steve Anthony, who did the Mika interview from Toronto that someone posted yesterday. Another changed his name to John Roberts and went on to become chief White House correspondent for CBS and is now an anchor on CNN.