We've had the 'if Mika wasn't gorgeous' thread, how about this...

girlintheblue

The music got me here, then the BONUS is that he is cute!!

And what keep me here?

The excess!!

The fun, friendship, the fact we are all obsessed, and that we seem to get the best photos, the best videos, the best info about Mika, who happens to be amazingly talented AND good looking....it's all fantastic!!:wink2:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might actually still be here. ;-) As I said before, sometimes I think I'm more a fan of Mika as a phenomenon than of his music in-itself-by-itself. It definitely is a combination of the two.

Then again, I would love to love Prince--for his looks, for how he carries himself, for his innovativeness, for a thousand very good reasons--but I just cannot get into his music much at all. (I know, DaMango will kill me now. So will Mika, if he reads this.) So the music has to connect with me on some level, or else I won't bother.

And I guess BWO is a good example--they're pretty unusual and fun, and I'm quite interested in how Alexander Bard approaches his music-making as a project and a pop experiment--but I like their music on only the most surface level, so I'm not going on their messageboards.

So I guess even though I may be a fan of the Mika phenomenon, I have to really enjoy his music to be interested enough to pay attention in the first place. And I do listen to it an awful lot, so maybe I'm more sincere and less analytical than I give myself credit for being. :bleh:

--Jack

I don't think so...

I wouldn't even know him if I wouldn't have loved his music.... I'm the kind of person that changes the channel very quickly if the music doesn't interest me:naughty:

And Mika is the only artist I look up on the web actually...I can't imagine I would look up someone just because he's hot... I don't even recall ever having done that...

Anyways, as a final statement, I don't think too many artists I love listening to look hot... (Only Mika ofcourse:wub2: )

I mean, I love Muse --> Matt Bellamy isn't the hottest guy out there in my eyes (IN MY EYES, my opinion, don't shout at me fellow muse fans!!:blink: ). The same for Marilyn Manson, Gotan Project (I don't even know how they look like!), radiohead...........................

So well :naughty: Mika just is the total package, and that makes him the only artist I actually joined a fanclub for haha:roftl:

Then again, I would love to love Prince--for his looks, for how he carries himself, for his innovativeness, for a thousand very good reasons--but I just cannot get into his music much at all. (I know, DaMango will kill me now. So will Mika, if he reads this.) So the music has to connect with me on some level, or else I won't bother.

I realy don't understand why I don't like Prince :boxed: I so love his voice and I so love everything about his person, I even like some of his songs, but I can't listen to a whole album and I really can't find out what it is that makes me turn it off :boxed:

[couldn't fit the rest of the title in!]

OK, if the music wasn't as good, would you still be here?

The 'if Mika wasn't gorgeous thread' seemed to say that we would all still like to listen to the music - so if the music was ****, would you still be a fan?? Would you have come onto this website to just look at pics, and bin the CD????

Great question gitb! It all depends on when the music wasn't good.

If his first single, album was sh**, then NO you wouldn't see me here. (The only other celebrity I find physically attractive enough is Wentworth Miller and I have never searched out for his fan forum!)

If his next album is sh**, well then I'm afraid its just too late...

I've fallen in love with all the other facets of MIKA, his approach to fame, his intelligent and witty and ridiculous ways (well..the one he chooses to display for the public, anyway - who knows he could be an a**hole in his personal life!) And besides, have made great connections here, including his fans like all of you (ha ha) :wub2:

Great question gitb! It all depends on when the music wasn't good.

If his first single, album was sh**, then NO you wouldn't see me here. (The only other celebrity I find physically attractive enough is Wentworth Miller and I have never searched out for his fan forum!)

If his next album is sh**, well then I'm afraid its just too late...

I've fallen in love with all the other facets of MIKA, his approach to fame, his intelligent and witty and ridiculous ways (well..the one he chooses to display for the public, anyway - who knows he could be an a**hole in his personal life!) And besides, have made great connections here, including his fans like all of you (ha ha) :wub2:

I think I agree :wink2:

If Mika's music had been crap, I wouldn't have paid any more attention to him after having listened to it.

And, well, I must admit, when I first saw him, I didn't even think he was all that handsome... *gets rocks chucked at her*

But then I heard his music, thought it was fab, watched a couple of interviews, realised he's fab too, and now I'm just like, "Oh, he's beautiful ^_^"

Guest Sofia
Honestly i don't think i would even care about him, if the music wasn't good, because it was the music that made me into a fan of his...so no

Yeah I totally agree!

He is really handsome and hot, but if his music wasn't so good and his voice, I think I wouldn't care about him!!:biggrin2:

He's gorgeous, but no good music/no Eir!

It sounds rush, but it's the same for james blunt or timberlake...they're cool but I can't listen to their songs :boxed:

LOL, I really don't think of James Blunt as gorgeous :roftl: but I love his songs. Back to Bedlam was my personal album of the year 2005. :thumb_yello:

I never understood what people find about Justin Timberlake :blink: I just don't get it, but to me personally I think it is just lack of charisma... sortof... plus his music means nothing to me. But when I heard 'Cry me a river' sung by Paolo Nutini I thought: Wowzah! :shocked: I don't think Paolo Nutini is overwhelmingly gorgeous, though.

So I think I can separate gorgeousness/ music. For myself, I'd prefer being talented to being gorgeous because talent is less fleeting than looks. But of course I'm attracted by looks, too. It's subconsciously happening, so I don't mind if both comes together.

If Mika was extremely ugly (I've asked earlier in another thread: What is ugly? and I still stick to my point of view that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and not reduced to the outer appearance.) I'd still adore his music, his artwork, his creativity, his kindness and his approach to pretty much everything he does.

If I didn't like his music I would never have had the desire to learn more about him and his personality. I probably would never have ended up here which would have been a loss. If I though of his music as crappy **** but his appearance was the one that it actually is, I would have thought: 'oh, nice.' That would have been it and I have to add here that, as I really don't like most of the hyperglossy magazine shots and not even the pics in the CD booklet, I probably would never have seen those gorgeous and amazingly fascinating real Mika pics taken by you, the fans and I wouldn't have spent hours watching the youtube stuff, which had been a loss, too because I would have missed the enigmatic charisma of his personality.

what more can i say?

i'm very sensitive about handsomeness in men, this i must admit...if i only liked his music (which i obviously did as first) and he were an ugly, short, dark, squint-eyed, smelly , dirt man...oh, music would have faded away after the first listening!

i must be frank...i love him also because he's so handsome, nice, polite, tender, warm, chubby bunny, sexy, teasy, braces-equipped, curly, mediterranean, hip-shaking....

shall i go on? :roftl: :roftl:

i love him also when he's absent, not caring about fans who waited hours for him and came from long distance, rushing away in his van, kissing other women....

there is not a cure for that, insn't?

im a FAN ! Forget Am Normal!!!

what more can i say?

i'm very sensitive about handsomeness in men, this i must admit...if i only liked his music (which i obviously did as first) and he were an ugly, short, dark, squint-eyed, smelly , dirt man...oh, music would have faded away after the first listening!

i must be frank...i love him also because he's so handsome, nice, polite, tender, warm, chubby bunny, sexy, teasy, braces-equipped, curly, mediterranean, hip-shaking....

i love him also when he's absent, not caring about fans who waited hours for him and came from long distance, rushing away in his van, kissing other women....

there is not a cure for that, insn't?

im a FAN ! Forget Am Normal!!!

:roftl:Most of us aren't normal anymore! But HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY!

:roftl:

Yes, I love your description :naughty:

If Mika's music was crap I would have no idea what he looked like so the answer is no. I don't watch MTV or MuchMusic and Mika isn't everywhere you look in Toronto like he must be in the UK.

I heard Grace Kelly and about his operatic training on UK radio and decided to add him to my list of must-sees should he play a small Toronto club because I knew he'd be able to sing well live. Never thought about what he looked like.

Well... I don't know. Actually I got to know his music when my friend lent me his CD, and I liked it from the first sound, but I also saw - wow, he looks good! Still, I had heard Relax before and wondered who sang it. I don't know, I think the whole Mika thing is a great phenomenon, because I never thought that I would be a fan of somebody, but now it's just MIKA, MIKA, MIKA!!!:mf_lustslow::punk::biggrin2:

I don't think Mika would be Mika without being Mika... That might sound a little obvious, but what I mean is that his looks wouldn't mean much if not for his whole personality, and that is what creates his music...

Also agree :biggrin2:

neah, sorry, all looks and nothing underneath just doesn't cut it for me. i mean, he could be a nice guy and not have any singing talent, but just through what you see in a video, you couldn't possibly tell. there are so many good-looking guys out there, but i'd never give them any thought unless they caught my attention through something more significant, and when you're talking about a musician, that something else is the quality of their music. hope that makes sense:blush-anim-cl:

It is definitely the music for me. :wub2: It brought me here and it keeps me here....it is very meaningful to me. I've rarely had music touch me so deeply, except for a few classical pieces. However, the quirky personality, the respect Mika has for himself and for others, the wonderful sense of humor, his wide range of performance ability (from goofy to sexy to amazing to goofy all in one song) and his gorgeous (never-quite the same from one day to the next) looks, AND the fact that he has made me a better knitter..... well, those are bonuses for me. Albeit, huge, amazing bonuses, but bonuses all the same next to his amazing song-writing abilities.

I really don't need to meet him, but I would love to see a live performance....I hope some day I will.

His music touched my soul and I am different because of it. Every day is a gift, every day is a bonus.

:wub2:

well what do you mean by not as good? I mean I love it right now,but you mean as in if I wouldn`t even consider putting it on the iPod? then I dunno if I`d still be here

if It`d be avarege idiotic singing,I wouldn`t be as much into him...

but the again,if the music got "worse" on the next album I`d still love him because I know what he can do in terms of writing music.

From now on ,I`d never abandon him,because he`s provved his quality,so nothing can eve undo that

well what do you mean by not as good? I mean I love it right now,but you mean as in if I wouldn`t even consider putting it on the iPod? then I dunno if I`d still be here

if It`d be avarege idiotic singing,I wouldn`t be as much into him...

but the again,if the music got "worse" on the next album I`d still love him because I know what he can do in terms of writing music.

From now on ,I`d never abandon him,because he`s provved his quality,so nothing can eve undo that

I have no idea what this thread is about or what you just said but Ioana - hello, not seen you on here since 100,000