Mika Fan Club Get Together - Anyone interested??

leighhodgson

Where to hold the UK get together  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Where to hold the UK get together

• Brighton
    • Edinburgh
    • Leeds
    • Newcastle
    • Nottingham

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all, have been a bit busy, school holidays so no pottering around on the computer all day!

Have seen the results! Mixed feelings.

Whilst I know I could make it down to Brighton, it seems most of the people who voted for Newcastle could not make it to Brighton.

So a couple of options

1) We do another poll (just for 48 hours), with Newcastle and Brighton being the options.

2) We have 2 venues (in which case we would still need a poll to find out how many would be going to each venue)

It would be great if we could just have the one venue and get as many of us together as possible, make it all the more special and get to meet lots of other Mika fans, (plus Mika can only be in one place at a time, and I bags him first!!!:biggrin2: )

Will check something out and get back to you asap! :thumb_yello:

Hello all, have been a bit busy, school holidays so no pottering around on the computer all day!

Have seen the results! Mixed feelings.

Whilst I know I could make it down to Brighton, it seems most of the people who voted for Newcastle could not make it to Brighton.

So a couple of options

1) We do another poll (just for 48 hours), with Newcastle and Brighton being the options.

2) We have 2 venues (in which case we would still need a poll to find out how many would be going to each venue)

It would be great if we could just have the one venue and get as many of us together as possible, make it all the more special and get to meet lots of other Mika fans, (plus Mika can only be in one place at a time, and I bags him first!!!:biggrin2: )

Will check something out and get back to you asap! :thumb_yello:

I agree a poll with two options and state pick the one that you can make for definate :thumb_yello:

i think it should def only be only the 2 options now and then everyone has the chance to plan ahead for that specific weekend.....

doing a poll with those 2 dates only is best then you have given the option and the rest is up to us to make it...and most will move mountains to get there (either place)

so, yes do that!:thumb_yello:

I agree a poll with two options and state pick the one that you can make for definate :thumb_yello:

Cheers Freddie, was hoping someone would agree that was the way ahead.

Just need to check out how to do another poll! (don't stand a chance with technology, burd, blonde and oldling!) :naughty:

is this meet-up just for UK people or can someone from say france meet up there to ...

I think it would be good for as many as can make it to come, and if we could all stay at the same place...a small something somewhere....

i like the idea of newcastle cause although brighton is so much closer for me, newcastle is a good excuse to turn it into a mini break and there is also the long drive listening to music....

if others from say abroad want to get to the get-together, i ll get them there too as i am planning to drive....

is this meet-up just for UK people or can someone from say france meet up there to ...

I think it would be good for as many as can make it to come, and if we could all stay at the same place...a small something somewhere....

i like the idea of newcastle cause although brighton is so much closer for me, newcastle is a good excuse to turn it into a mini break and there is also the long drive listening to music....

if others from say abroad want to get to the get-together, i ll get them there too as i am planning to drive....

Absolutely Steph, I want as many people as possible to come! I would even have room in the car for 1 or 2 people, depending on where it is. Would drive to Newcastle. Could even pick anyone up at Edinburgh Airport if they could get a cheap flight here.:thumb_yello:

have you thought about a place ...i definitely like the idea of newcastle.. it's a pretty place...also, there are more from the north than from the south and i can fit 4 more into my car!

it should be somewhere where we could all stay, like a big guest house/small hotel or so, it would be a shame if we all would stay all over the place and then only get together the following day

i now i know why so far ahead , cause there is a lot of planning to be done...

i think it can easily be realized once you know the interest etc...

if you need any help in any way, i'm there for you....i like seeing ideas through!

have you thought about a place ...i definitely like the idea of newcastle.. it's a pretty place...also, there are more from the north than from the south and i can fit 4 more into my car!

it should be somewhere where we could all stay, like a big guest house/small hotel or so, it would be a shame if we all would stay all over the place and then only get together the following day

i now i know why so far ahead , cause there is a lot of planning to be done...

i think it can easily be realized once you know the interest etc...

if you need any help in any way, i'm there for you....i like seeing ideas through!

yeh i can helps too :thumb_yello:

Thanks Freddie & Steph, I am an organizeaholic, ask girlintheblue, can't help myself!

Steph, you are on my wavelength totally with this. I would love for us to stay in the same place and have a private function room, but I've already said all this and don't want to sound repetitive.

Will feed my kids and come back to this.

Thanks Freddie & Steph, I am an organizeaholic, ask girlintheblue, can't help myself!

Steph, you are on my wavelength totally with this. I would love for us to stay in the same place and have a private function room, but I've already said all this and don't want to sound repetitive.

yes do that, and then we chat....

I'm planning to drive too, so anyone near me is welcome to join me.

Good job someone can organise! I'm a sheep! Baaaa

Hi Leezy, just been catching up on the thread. I agree.......polling the two places is a good idea........preferably with a suggested date as that will be a deciding factor. However, have you thought about inviting Mika seriously because if so.........that is obviously going to be THE deciding factor! Maybe you could ask Sunny about contacting somebody with a proposed date?

I'm in total agreement. Because, the people who voted other places need a chance to choose between the top two choices. I would go to Brighton if pushed (and it's a lot of pushing between Fife and Sussex!) but Newcastle is my preferred option. We should just have one date I think, or else we will be meeting in a wee pub with, like, 6 of us! Definitely a function room with lots and lots of disco dancing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :punk:

Leezy, if you need me to help let me know, but obviously my knowledge of how to do polls etc is a big fat 0.

I'm in total agreement. Because, the people who voted other places need a chance to choose between the top two choices. I would go to Brighton if pushed (and it's a lot of pushing between Fife and Sussex!) but Newcastle is my preferred option. We should just have one date I think, or else we will be meeting in a wee pub with, like, 6 of us! Definitely a function room with lots and lots of disco dancing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :punk:

Leezy, if you need me to help let me know, but obviously my knowledge of how to do polls etc is a big fat 0.

Leezy you can do polls huh? :thumb_yello:

I'd like it to be in Amsterdam because I can fly there from Cardiff and I want an excuse to go there!

Hey, I read that! I was just trying to struggle myself through almost 40 pages about this meet up and suddenly my eye caught the word 'Amsterdam'! I vote for Amsterdam too, for obvious reasons. :roftl: :roftl:

Anyway, I actually voted for Edinburgh because I fell in love with this place a couple of years ago. :wink2:

But I can live with Newcastle, never been there though. I spoke about it with my boyfriend today, he has got some friends in London who he'd like to visit. So we might come over to the UK in November, me joining the MFC meet up and him joining his friends in London (and after the weekend meet up with me again and stay in the country for a few more days to make it a short holiday). As I don't think my bf can handle a weekend among Mikaniacs. :blink:

I will keep an eye on this thread. To be honest I find it quite hard to decide in April about an upcoming weekend in November. Normally I wouldn't plan so far in advance. So maybe I'm in (or maybe not) - I will think about it! At least if you guys can handle it, me coming over to the UK. :biggrin2:

i really really want to see this off the ground and up in Newcastle, cause the local brew is yummy, the scenery is gorgeous and the November wind blows harsher...

as mentioned earlier, a guest house or small hotel with bar (or room to install Fred's bar) and a cosy function room would do the trick...it will, I presume be arrival Fri night, leave Sun midday? i can already visualize the whole weekend and boy, it will be good! Entertainment will be plenty with so much talent amonst us but I think some kind of kariokee machine should be a must, we could also all bring our instruments for sing alongs and think of other entertainment values...(Ihave a lot of ideas here) i think it will be a great success and most enjoyable weekend, and should Mika really make an appearance at some point, this would be the icing on the cake, although he will be there with us big time in our minds throughout the weekend !!

I would like to help, I know you love all this work, but there may be some stuff you could delegate...well as I said i'm good at seeing things through too and if ther is something you want to shift ...i'm ready to do whatever.

I will definitely travel by car and have room for 4 others

let me know your thoughts!:thumb_yello: