US Best Buy Release (w/ two acoustic tracks)!

Lissy

As practically everyone here knows Mika's album will finally be released here in the US tomorrow! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. :)

I didn't pre-order it from amazon.com.

But I have been following the release on websites of some retail stores. Most have Mika's album on sale for only $7.99!

But even better than the low price Best Buy includes two acoustic tracks that I noticed hadn't been mentioned anywhere.

1. Grace Kelly

2. Lollipop

3. My Interpretation

4. Love Today

5. Relax (Take It Easy)

6. Ring Ring

7. Any Other World

8. Billy Brown

9. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

10. Stuck In The Middle

11. Erase

12. Happy Ending

14. Love Today - (acoustic version)

15. Satellite - (acoustic version)

Click here for the direct link to Best Buy's website where the track listing is listed.

I thought I'd give you guys a heads up!! I'm picking my copy up tomorrow from Best Buy!

I also noticed that Target includes two special tracks as well but I'm not sure if they are the same as Best Buy or not. Their website doesn't give the complete description.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are from the UK go to CD WOW and then the International store and you can order the US copy of LICM. This is the one with Erase on it. Exactly the same as the UK version but with all the info of Erase in the sleeve. Hope that helps. Or you can go to Ebay and order the Bonus Tracks version (Satellite - acoustic) on there.

Yes!

I am so going to Best Buy tomorrow. I had it all planned out for about a week now.

First I gonna get my dad (since my dad is the best choice to ask to go to Best Buy) to drive me over there.

Then I gonna grab my gift card I've been saving for about two years for who knows what (A Mika CD obviously). Thank god those things don't expire.

And then when we arrive I'm gonna run to the CD section then slow down and calmly look for LICM and then when I see the rack stacked with it I'm gonna scream, take it, pay for it, and then play the CD for the rest of my life.

See? It's a perfect plan. lol. :bleh:

Great info , they dont post to the UK so Im urgently getting my USA mates to buy me one! :thumb_yello:

If you need me to, I can get you a copy -- I plan to hit both Best Buy and Target first thing tomorrow morning to see which version has which tracks, and

I'll be happy to help out a fellow fan! :)

dcdeb

But even better than the low price Best Buy includes two acoustic tracks that I noticed hadn't been mentioned anywhere.

14. Love Today - (acoustic version)

15. Satellite - (acoustic version)

I also noticed that Target includes two special tracks as well but I'm not sure if they are the same as Best Buy or not. Their website doesn't give the complete description.

Well, I just hit Best Buy and Target -- Best Buy didn't even have the CDs out yet, I had to ask for it! And interestingly, Target only had *2* copies of the CD left! That was at 11:30 am -- So I bought two copies :) (I'll give one as a gift. )

The Target CD has two different exclusive bonus tracks.

Billy Brown acoustic

My Interpretation acoustic

And they're selling it for $7.98 now, as well.

Since Happy Ending is the last "official" track on the CD, I'm hoping that

Over My Shoulder is "hidden" as it was on the UK CD. I haven't even opened

up the cases yet to look!

I have to admit -- I have never owned 3 copies of the same CD before. (I

bought the UK version online weeks ago!). I'm a little embarrassed to tell

anyone that I've done this... I might have to squirrel them away somewhere

:wink2: My guilty secret.

dcdeb

Earlier today I said:

Since Happy Ending is the last "official" track on the CD, I'm hoping that

Over My Shoulder is "hidden" as it was on the UK CD. I haven't even opened

up the cases yet to look!

Yes! Over My Shoulder *IS* a hidden track on this CD too! Whew. For a minute there, I thought the pause after Happy Ending was going on a little too long.

The acoustic versions of Billy Brown and My Interpretation are just awesome :)

BTW, the physical US CD is slightly different than the UK CD -- where the UK CD has MIKA in white letters, on the US CD it's silver and the background of the CD is more silvery/shiny. And the US booklet has a different photo of Mika in the middle page opposite the art for Billy Brown. Not that that matters except to the most obsessive fan :wink2:

Not that I'm saying any of us are obsessive...

dcdeb :)

Earlier today I said:

Yes! Over My Shoulder *IS* a hidden track on this CD too! Whew. For a minute there, I thought the pause after Happy Ending was going on a little too long.

BTW, the physical US CD is slightly different than the UK CD -- where the UK CD has MIKA in white letters, on the US CD it's silver and the background of the CD is more silvery/shiny. And the US booklet has a different photo of Mika in the middle page opposite the art for Billy Brown. Not that that matters except to the most obsessive fan :wink2:

Not that I'm saying any of us are obsessive...

dcdeb :)

None of us obsessive?!!! I'm so ordering the American version, seriously, I am!

I'm never going to see him live (my plans to go to Birmingham were cancelled), I'm just going to have to do the next best thing, which is to order anything and everything Mika related!

None of us obsessive?!!! I'm so ordering the American version, seriously, I am!

I'm never going to see him live (my plans to go to Birmingham were cancelled), I'm just going to have to do the next best thing, which is to order anything and everything Mika related!

I didn't realize your plans were cancelled!:shocked:

That's such a shame... no wonder you had a few terrible days. :(

dcdeb

LOve the song Erase love the acoustic tracks... So happy today is finally here in the US... Mika shines like crazy on the acoustic tracks but all of you lucky people that have seen him know this already... Love it....

Earlier today I said:

Yes! They are awesome! :mf_lustslow: In fact, all the acoustic bonus tracks are awesome! I did my run today to both Best Buy and Target and bought the exclusive album at both locations! It's rare that I'll buy the same album twice for only 2 exclusive bonus tracks, but when the music is this good, I'll go for it.

It's so nice having these acoustic versions on CD in brilliant sound quality! I love hearing them in a more simple form. I'm liking "Love Today" more in it's acoustic version than in it's original version. I'm so used to hearing the highly compressed live acoustic performances streamed from the Internet. It's amazing how much better they sound on CD! Hopefully, we'll see more acoustic versions appear on forthcoming singles. I would love hearing him perform acoustic versions of all the album songs. :thumb_yello:

I highly recommend everyone add these acoustic tracks to their collection. Hopefully, they eventually will be made available to those non-U.S. fans as well. Now I'm waiting for an official acoustic studio version of "Grace Kelly" to appear on CD.

Woo, Yeah!

Got it today! =D

OMG I'm so happy and can't stop smiling.

When I buy a new CD I like to play the whole thing without skipping tracks...and....to tell you the truth you can't skip tracks. It's so amazingly awsome you gotta listen to the whole thing.

So..yeah.

Here's a picture.

MIKACD.jpg

I like taking pictures of almost everything so don't mind me. :wink2:

I've gone acoustic mad. I had no idea that you U.K. folks get 3 bonus acoustic versions on the digital release of the album! You have:

Grace Kelly [Acoustic Version]

Relax (Take It Easy) [Acoustic Version]

Stuck In The Middle [Acoustic Version]

So, we're almost even then! U.S. fans get 4 bonus acoustic tracks (between 2 CDs), and the U.K. fans get 3 bonus acoustic tracks (digital download only).

However, I was able to download from 7digital.com these U.K. exclusive acoustic tracks even though I'm from the U.S. My credit card will just have to charge me a little conversion fee from U.K. pounds to American dollars. THESE ARE AWESOME! I had no idea that these existed until a few minutes ago! Definitely worth having in your collection. I adore the acoustic version of "Relax"! :wub2: