Perez Part of Mika's PR Team?

meimei88

His Suspicious Silence on Silent Star

queerty.com

3rd April 2007

mikaperez.jpg

Gay gossip monger Perez Hilton has been called out for calling gay celebs out of the closet - most notably Lance Bass and Neil Patrick Harris - but now he's being called out for not calling someone out: Mika.

Hilton recently introduced the sexually mum British pop star at a Time Warner Center in-store show and the boys at AfterElton wonder why he's become some chummy with someone that should, ideologically speaking, be his enemy:

Those of us who have been following Mika's Stateside invasion have noticed that Perez has been oddly prominent at the
of this particular musician. Odd, in that Hilton isn't a music critic and doesn't run a music site - he's a gossip writer who has made his politics crystal clear when it comes to celebrities whose sexualities fall under public scrutiny... How interesting, then, that Hilton is now an honorary member of the PR posse of a man who flat-out refuses to discuss his sexuality publicly. Isn't Mika exactly the kind of celeb that Perez would usually attack for his coyness? Could it be that Hilton has compromised his well-documented principles for the chance to be part of an album launch and for a place in the pocket of a pop star?

Is there something rotten in the state of Gayville?

We have to say, however, that picture of Mika and Hilton's kind of cute.

Mostly Mika, of course. Speaking of photos, Mika apparently showed up late to the TW gig - he got tied up at an Out shoot. Something to look forward to...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name=meimei88;74326

We have to say' date=' however, that picture of Mika and Hilton's kind of cute.

Mostly Mika, of course. Speaking of photos, Mika apparently showed up late to the TW gig - he got tied up at an Out shoot. Something to look forward to...

Lol, would anyone ever say PH was cute?

Some good points there, who knows what's really going on there?

eh eh eh, I posted something when he first started his LICM lauch tour in the USA.. I was watching carefully first PH issues and I said: "watch out, guys, something strange is happening there, he's having such a good time there...".

Who actually knows what's happening? Maybe it's only music business machine engine starting for MIKA...

MIKA, DO NOT CHANGE YOUR WAY, I TOLD YOU SO MANY TIMES!!!

(he's a kind of naughty boy,,,)

I think when Perez first discovered Mika for himself he didn't know Mika personally and was not aware Mika planned not to answer questions about his sexual preference.

In one of the first postings if not THE first posting about Mika on the Perez site, he makes a definitive statement regarding Mika's sexual preference. I won't post the link, but if you want to find it, it's out there. How and where Perez gets his info, I have no idea, but there it is.

I'm thinking if Mika was sleeping around (with whomever), somebody somewhere would admit to it, know about it, have seen it or talked about it by now. That makes me believe Mika is not a whore and I like to think that about our dear, sweet boy.

It's been mentioned a couple of times that Mika was influenced by Prince. In the early Prince days there was buzz about his sexual preference and he even references it in his song---I think it was "Controversy." Maybe that's where all of this ambiguity stems from with Mika and he's enjoying the additional buzz. Maybe he just doesn't want to be anyone's political poster boy.

Maybe, it doesn't really matter and who cares anyway.

Frankly, Mika's preferences seem pretty darned obvious to me. If anything, I bet the boy is totally celibate at the moment. Unless he's sleeping with someone he's touring with, when would he have the time?

Frankly, Mika's preferences seem pretty darned obvious to me. If anything, I bet the boy is totally celibate at the moment. Unless he's sleeping with someone he's touring with, when would he have the time?

mmmh... would you really call them "obvious"?

I have my own idea about this but I won't talk about it.

let's respect Mika.

I'll go and check Perez site

gosh, have no idea really. :boxed:

it's hard to predict the actions of someone you don't know...especially with PH.

i respected what perez did for mika until i read the OTHER articles on his site...URGH!!!!

sigh. how confusing from a viewer's perspective!

guess we'll have to sit back and see how things go. but mika seems like a very smart artist when it comes to keeping control over these things.

What's the point?

They suggest Mika should avoid some people (Perez etc.)

so he won't be tagged as a whore??!

Haha!

That's funny!! ^_^

Im not sure I quite understood this all...

I

In one of the first postings if not THE first posting about Mika on the Perez site, he makes a definitive statement regarding Mika's sexual preference. I won't post the link, but if you want to find it, it's out there. How and where Perez gets his info, I have no idea, but there it is.

I saw that, quite an early one. I thought the same as you, how did he get that info. I left it well alone!

Hrmm, I can't really judge Perez that much just based on what I've heard about him, but he doesn't seem like the...er...most pleasant person just from reading what he writes about other celebrities. But hey, he's Mika's friend, and I'm not going to talk bad about him. I have no idea what he's like in person versus how he is on his site.

I don't think there's anything going on between them. I haven't seen anything remotely sexual when the two are together on his site, so in my eyes they are just friends. Just a thought. :biggrin2:

What's the point?

They suggest Mika should avoid some people (Perez etc.)

so he won't be tagged as a whore??!

Haha!

That's funny!! ^_^

Im not sure I quite understood this all...

feeling a bit like you, actually... but when they talk about MIKA's life, I feel nervous!!!!! ANYONE, keep off the Mika!!

Ok, I want all the best for Mika too,

but I think he is able to see who it's "healthy" to be with and are they bad for him or not...

So I find the whole fuss kinda amusing! ^_^

(Still not sure have I understood the point in this)

Can't say I disagree

I've thought it a bit strange myself since I've become a mika fan. The first time I'd heard of him was through perez and perez had said he was gay... But hasn't brought it up since... and mika hasn't come out... Its unlike perez to leave this sorta thing alone, Meanwhile he's promo'ing mika like its his job... So I'm glad I'm not going crazy and someone else thinks it

couldn't it just be that mika told perez to shut his mouth? since they are friends (and I even think perez is in love with him :naughty: ) perez respects this and doesn't talk about it anymore...

couldn't it just be that mika told perez to shut his mouth? since they are friends (and I even think perez is in love with him :naughty: ) perez respects this and doesn't talk about it anymore...

YES! Perez is a good friend of Paris Hilton, and he doesn't talk about her, even if there are a lof of things to say (like parisxxxposed.com). So maybe he does the same with Mika.:thumb_yello:

YES! Perez is a good friend of Paris Hilton, and he doesn't talk about her, even if there are a lof of things to say (like parisxxxposed.com). So maybe he does the same with Mika.:thumb_yello:

Cause Mikas so amazing <3

I heard he was late to the NY Borders signing cause he was shooting for 'out' magazine. Anybody have proof of this?