Mika in Paris

pierroxe

Hello everyone, I just got back from Mika's parisian gig at the Trabendo and I still have loads of stars in my eyes. I keep on smiling. It was amazing and thought that I couldn't go to bed before posting a little something here first. Wow Mika is simply amazing and so much more!! It's great to be able to see his fabulous record come to life on stage. I don't even know where to begin. Mika is an awesome performer, his voice is amazing and his stage presence is great. We even got a chance to have him perform his favourite french song "au Champs Elysées". Everyone went crazy and sang along. It was truly special at it was a very small venue and I guess it will the first and last time that I will be able to see Mika like this, very intimate. It truly felt special, and it was. I could go on and on about this. By the way do you guys know the label of the hoodie that Mika wears when he comes on stage to perform Relax, I want one, it's stunning. By the way he is stunning too!! I love him! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was waiting for you Guys to get back from the Paris Gig i have been thinking of everyone who has been able to attend all evening. I want to hear all about it i bet it was Wonderful and you are all returning home with silly grins :wink2:

I cant wait to see your pictures and everyone elses accounts of the Gig :thumb_yello:

what an amazing night for you! !He is an amazing performer and he knows how to treat his fans, with respect!!!

I think it is so wonderful of him to have performed au Champs Elysées" for you all, this again shows how sensitive he is to other nations ...

he is such a great artist and he has a lot to say and his messages are through his songwriting and this comes to life on stage through his supherb deliveries and spectacular shows!

you have described it beautifully, this Mika magic that sweeps the world....

what a man, what an artist, what a Mika!

FINALLY! First "report" on the Paris gig!!!

Glad you had fun! Mika is an amazing performer and you're right, he just brings the songs to life on stage; he's just amazing like that!!!!!

Just a quick post... Yeah, it was great.

The Champs-Elysées performance was presented as something "unplanned" : Cherisses was taking time to get ready at the battery, so he started saying "Cherisse ?? It's when you want, etc." and then, still waiting for her, started singing Champs-Elysées... Don't know again if it was planned, but it was a good idea though : how to put people in his pocket (people who don't need anything to be in your pocket !!)...

Then the show was great, short, I mean the same lenght as the others, and he even sang Holy Johnny whereas it wasn't on the list !

Same end with costumes, and lollypops, and balloons...

But we didn't get the "Mika with pics" !! I was with Fadette and another girl who is not on the forum, we were the first getting autographs, but he said from the beginning he didn't have time for pics :sad: So we didn't have pics with him, and i don't think others did... He was quite in a rush actually ! The staff was saying he had an "appointment"... Yeah, right, in the middle of the night ??? Guess he was just tired, or going to the after !

Anyway, we still got our pics with Cherisse (awsome girl, such a sweetie !!) and Michael... They weren't in the same rush, at all !!!

And to kill the suspense, sorry to disappoint you, but he didn't recognize me AT ALL :wink2::naughty: Even with the "Olivia" autograph... Didn't ring any bell to him ! But i really think he didn't look as cool as he seems to be in all your gig reviews... Don't know why... But he was definitely very kind and sweet.

Oh ! And the support band was very good too : Mr HUDSON and the Library... They will be touring with him all the way through Europe... They have a myspace too : i think it's myspace.com/mrhudson, or something lke that... Will correct it later !

Good night everyone !!!

Oh and I forgot to say : tons of pics :wink2: and videos...

OmG Olivia sounds like an amazing night shame you didnt get a photo with him but it was so sweet of him to atleast let you know he couldnt instead of just rushing off :thumb_yello:

:wub2:

I am sure we are all going to look forward to seeing your photos after you get some rest :thumb_yello:

Ca a duré moins d'une heure aussi ?! Record Londres 40 min lol

Perso Mika il est gentil mais je le voir m'a jamais rendu hyper enthousiaste juste apres, il fait pas méga abordable ou je sais pas je ne saurais l'expliquer...

Didn't you remind him that you're "the" Olivia! lol Seriously now!

Too bad he didn't have time for pics, I'm sure you were all looking forward to it, well I'm sure that somehow, someday you'll get another chance!!! At least you came out of it with an autograph! ;)

Can't wait for the pics and vids!!! :D

Just a quick post... Yeah, it was great.

The Champs-Elysées performance was presented as something "unplanned" : Cherisses was taking time to get ready at the battery, so he started saying "Cherisse ?? It's when you want, etc." and then, still waiting for her, started singing Champs-Elysées... Don't know again if it was planned, but it was a good idea though : how to put people in his pocket (people who don't need anything to be in your pocket !!)...

Then the show was great, short, I mean the same lenght as the others, and he even sang Holy Johnny whereas it wasn't on the list !

Same end with costumes, and lollypops, and balloons...

But we didn't get the "Mika with pics" !! I was with Fadette and another girl who is not on the forum, we were the first getting autographs, but he said from the beginning he didn't have time for pics :sad: So we didn't have pics with him, and i don't think others did... He was quite in a rush actually ! The staff was saying he had an "appointment"... Yeah, right, in the middle of the night ??? Guess he was just tired, or going to the after !

Anyway, we still got our pics with Cherisse (awsome girl, such a sweetie !!) and Michael... They weren't in the same rush, at all !!!

And to kill the suspense, sorry to disappoint you, but he didn't recognize me AT ALL :wink2::naughty: Even with the "Olivia" autograph... Didn't ring any bell to him ! But i really think he didn't look as cool as he seems to be in all your gig reviews... Don't know why... But he was definitely very kind and sweet.

Oh ! And the support band was very good too : Mr HUDSON and the Library... They will be touring with him all the way through Europe... They have a myspace too : i think it's myspace.com/mrhudson, or something lke that... Will correct it later !

Good night everyone !!!

Oh and I forgot to say : tons of pics :wink2: and videos...

that's ok olivia...there are always itsy bitsy disappointments compared to what one would wish happened, but it sounds like an awesome night nonetheless!

ah, paris! mika and paris is a great combination. :thumb_yello: post stuff up soon!

Great to read your experiences! So sweet of him to play Au Champs Elysees! I have been thinking of you today, and tonight I looked at the clock around 10 PM, I was thinking 'they are having a marvellous time in Paris now!' and of course you did! :thumb_yello:

Mr Hudson is playing in Amsterdam on the 17th of April. Still hoping... :blush-anim-cl:

Ca a duré moins d'une heure aussi ?! Record Londres 40 min lol

Perso Mika il est gentil mais je le voir m'a jamais rendu hyper enthousiaste juste apres, il fait pas méga abordable ou je sais pas je ne saurais l'expliquer...

Stéphane, I think i know what you mean... I just thought he was nice and kind, like in a "doing his job" way (doing good job, really, he was nice), but i really thought he wasn't comfortable with it or so... I don't know, i just felt like this... May be just because he was in a rush, but well... He was nice in the way that he didn't ran out of the Trabendo straight to his car, etc. but i really think he would have done that if he'd been able to !

Anyway... We were the first, so it's not like WE annoyed him... The next ones did :biggrin2:

But he says it himself : he considers himself as a songwriter, not really a performer, and the performer side still makes him uncomfortable... At least he said that in Toronto, so i guess it's not so long since then !

Another "bad point" in the show was the wait between the first and second part : almost 45 minutes !!! What for ?? We don't know... We were just seeing some of them behind the curtain, joking, and having fun while we were waiting, almost compressed... I didn't get that... As if someone would leave his place at first row to get some drink ?!

And he was on stage like 45min-1 hour, i don't really remember... Maybe more 1 hour than 45 min...

I guess i'm not a "concert person", really, so let's enjoy the comments from people who really enjoyed it, but for me i'm afraid i must say that it was nice, i was glad to be part of it, i got the occasion to tell Cherisse how great she is, but well... I don't think i would have missed something if i hadn't been able to go there... But i already had my ticket, and i was curious !

I guess i'm definitely not a fan of MIKA, but a fan of LICM ! Sounds great too, and more "like me"... :wink2: I'll still post my pics in a moment, but the first pics are really great ! greater than mine actually :sneaky2::wink2:

Stéphane, I think i know what you mean... I just thought he was nice and kind, like in a "doing his job" way, but i really thought he wasn't really comfortable with it or so... I don't know, i just felt like this... May be just because he was in a rush, but well... He was nice in the way that he didn't ran out of the Trabendo straight to his car, etc. but i really think he would have done that if he'd been able to !

Anyway... We were the first, so it's not like if WE annoyed him... The next ones did :biggrin2:

I know what you mean..

Well meeting him after the concert he was in a really silly fun nice mood, but the next day at the instore signing he was really nice but it was really awkward and he seemed uncomfortable..

I know what you mean..

Well meeting him after the concert he was in a really silly fun nice mood, but the next day at the instore signing he was really nice but it was really awkward and he seemed uncomfortable..

yeah defenetly different... i think cause he was rushed by others...

The thing i don't get is : how many people were waiting at the end of the concerts when they took pictures with him ? Cause i don't think we were that much (actually, i thought there would be more people than that), but maybe i'm wrong and we were many more than at the end of the other concerts, since the venue was 700 and the previous ones were about 350 or 400... But i have no idea how many we were... Something like 50 i guess, but i'm really bad at this ! :naughty:

I still have a tiny bitter taste not having my "pic with MIKA", but it will get better... I got the FIRST autograph ! And as I said, i guess i would like a pic with the LICM CD :roftl:

There were probably about 40 people waiting to meet him. Security made us line up single file lol but that didn't really happen. He was in an amazing mood after the LA show though..

I guess he was really not in the same mood yesterday...

And security was more "No ! He's in a rush" Than "Line up in a file to get your picture"... It must be French attitude :wink2: I don't know...