• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
U2 :wub2::mf_lustslow:

Do not tell anyone but I have an obsession with them:naughty:

Welcome to the club! :wub2:

I'm quite happy for people to know that I have an obsession with them (epsecially the gorgeous bass player! :das:)

Oh, iei, there is a thread about them! Thanks Mary!

They are playing in Brazil right now....saw them on sunday, listening the broadcast of today's concert on the radio :fangurl:

Ooooh cool! How was the concert?

Welcome to the club! :wub2:

I'm quite happy for people to know that I have an obsession with them (epsecially the gorgeous bass player! :das:)

Ooooh cool! How was the concert?

Really great! The stage is unbelievable :swoon:

Edited by AndyFerrari

Really great! The stage is unbelievable :swoon:

It is awesome, isn't it?

When I saw it in Melbourne last year, I was just staring at it going "OMG, it really is huge!" I also had to be very careful with the steps going down onto the oval cause I was too busy taking pics of the claw!

Hopefully it's not too long between shows in Australia, I want to go see them again!

It is awesome, isn't it?

When I saw it in Melbourne last year, I was just staring at it going "OMG, it really is huge!" I also had to be very careful with the steps going down onto the oval cause I was too busy taking pics of the claw!

Hopefully it's not too long between shows in Australia, I want to go see them again!

Aw, I never manage to go to the arena here :aah: people go to line 3-4 days before the concert @.@ but the experience from the terrace is pretty awesome anyways

Aw, I never manage to go to the arena here :aah: people go to line 3-4 days before the concert @.@ but the experience from the terrace is pretty awesome anyways

I heard from other Aussie fans that they weren't allowed to line up in front of the gates before 9am on the day of the concert (some were there the day before though), but the people that were there before then had a number written on their hand so when it got to 9am they were lined up in order of when they got there.

I heard from other Aussie fans that they weren't allowed to line up in front of the gates before 9am on the day of the concert (some were there the day before though), but the people that were there before then had a number written on their hand so when it got to 9am they were lined up in order of when they got there.

oh, that sounds better :aah: in São Paulo it's just a mess in front of the stadium, people go with tents and everything :boxed: and since I always go alone I had no courage to camp in the middle of the street in São Paulo :roftl:

Transmission ending duplicated my already famous post-gig depression, how to cope....:aah:

oh, that sounds better :aah: in São Paulo it's just a mess in front of the stadium, people go with tents and everything :boxed: and since I always go alone I had no courage to camp in the middle of the street in São Paulo :roftl:

Transmission ending duplicated my already famous post-gig depression, how to cope....:aah:

Oh, some people had tents and sleeping bags and stuff, it was just a bit better organised. Apparently the organisation of the lines was teh best in Brisbane, bu terrible in Sydney. Melbourne must have been okay then!

Awwwww, I know how you feel... I was in tears on the plane back to Sydney (and on the train back to my home town) after the concert... I desperately wanted to go to the Sydney show, I was prepared to drive to Sydney after work (probably about 4 hours drive!), go to the show and then drive home so I could go to work the next day!

Oh, some people had tents and sleeping bags and stuff, it was just a bit better organised. Apparently the organisation of the lines was teh best in Brisbane, bu terrible in Sydney. Melbourne must have been okay then!

Awwwww, I know how you feel... I was in tears on the plane back to Sydney (and on the train back to my home town) after the concert... I desperately wanted to go to the Sydney show, I was prepared to drive to Sydney after work (probably about 4 hours drive!), go to the show and then drive home so I could go to work the next day!

Yeah...lucky are the ones who could buy tickets to all three shows... They usually only go to São Paulo, and last time was 2006 :aah:

Too bad there is no asian leg to the tour (except Australia & New Zealand of course :wink2:) but nothing in Japan, Korea or HK... :dunno:

I don't know if they'll be back any time soon either...I understand they wouldn't want to move around a lot, since the stage takes days to put together :aah: funny that they wouldn't go to Japan though :dunno:

Too bad there is no asian leg to the tour (except Australia & New Zealand of course :wink2:) but nothing in Japan, Korea or HK... :dunno:

I don't know if they'll be back any time soon either...I understand they wouldn't want to move around a lot, since the stage takes days to put together :aah: funny that they wouldn't go to Japan though :dunno:

francoise: What AndyFerrari said is probably right, though I think I read somewhere that they had two stages so they could have one set up ready to go in one city and the other one could be packed up and moved onto the next city...

francoise: What AndyFerrari said is probably right, though I think I read somewhere that they had two stages so they could have one set up ready to go in one city and the other one could be packed up and moved onto the next city...

That sounds like a smart thing to do:naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone asks why I died, this is it

tumblr_lk8q8c34vH1qj1bypo1_500.jpg

Edges' hair...and Larry...and everything :roftl:

Edge's hair??? I'm more like "Adam's hair :lmfao: :roftl:"

Actually, Edge's hair is quite amusing... and Larry just looks too cute! I'm feeling the overwhelming urge to slap Bono though :teehee:

Edge's hair??? I'm more like "Adam's hair :lmfao: :roftl:"

Actually, Edge's hair is quite amusing... and Larry just looks too cute! I'm feeling the overwhelming urge to slap Bono though :teehee:

It's cause I'm so used to seeing him with those...things*what are those called in english* on his head all the time :roftl:

Yeah....Bono looks like "Yeah, I'm so cool like" and Edge looks like he's just too young :aah: And yes, Adam's hair is a blast :roftl: And Larry just doesn't look like Larry :aah:

It's cause I'm so used to seeing him with those...things*what are those called in english* on his head all the time :roftl:

Yeah....Bono looks like "Yeah, I'm so cool like" and Edge looks like he's just too young :aah: And yes, Adam's hair is a blast :roftl: And Larry just doesn't look like Larry :aah:

It took me a while to realise what you were talking about :doh:... I think you mean beanies...

• 5 months later...

Q 'releasing' U2 Achtung Baby covers album feat. Jack White, Patti Smith, Nine Inch Nails, Killers & more...

AHK-toong-BAY-bi-Covered-cos.jpg

(Source: http://news.qthemusic.com/2011/10/q_curates_cover_album_of_u2s_a.html)

Q is proud to announce our next issue, out on 25 October, will come with a unique new album, based around the work of U2.

With us celebrating our 25 birthday this year, and Bono and co set to reissue Achtung Baby (out 31 October) to mark the album's 20th anniversary, some of the world's leading artists are paying tribute to U2 by producing a new version of the whole album with covers.

The album, sees the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Patti Smith, Depeche Mode, The Killers and Jack White, each tackling a track from the classic record just for this release.

The full track listing for AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered is as follows:

Nine Inch Nails - Zoo Station

U2 (Jacques Lu Cont Mix) - Even Better Than The Real Thing

Damien Rice - One

Patti Smith - Until The End Of The World

Garbage - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Depeche Mode - So Cruel

Snow Patrol - Mysterious Ways

The Fray - Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World

Gavin Friday - The Fly

The Killers - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

Glasvegas - Acrobat

Jack White - Love Is Blindness

The album, which will be available with issue Q305, also features exclusive artwork based on the band's original release (pictured).

"It is always Q's intention to present a unique take on music. At a time when free CDs have become ten-a-penny, I strongly believe the AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered album sets a new, and much higher, benchmark for the format," says Q Editor-In-Chief Paul Rees of the album.

"Not only in the sense that each of the tracks are brand new recordings by some of the biggest and most iconic names in music such as Jack White, Nine Inch Nails and Patti Smith, but also in that several of them mark the first new material we have heard from these acts in a long time - such as those by The Killers, Damien Rice and Garbage. This is an entirely appropriate way to mark Q's anniversary and that of Achtung Baby, one of the pivotal albums in our lifetime."

Stay tuned to Qthemusic.com for the latest news ahead of our next issue hitting the shelves.

You can pre-order your copy of our next issue from Greatmagazines.co.uk/QU2 now in the UK. Overseas plans will be announced soon.

Oooooor, you can download here: http://www.4shared.com/folder/VSwugwWF/AHK-toong_BAY-bi_Covered.html

http://muzlolo.com/rock/72872-va-ahk-toong-bay-bi-covered-2011.html

Edited by BiaIchihara

Q 'releasing' U2 Achtung Baby covers album feat. Jack White, Patti Smith, Nine Inch Nails, Killers & more...

AHK-toong-BAY-bi-Covered-cos.jpg

(Source: http://news.qthemusic.com/2011/10/q_curates_cover_album_of_u2s_a.html)

Q is proud to announce our next issue, out on 25 October, will come with a unique new album, based around the work of U2.

With us celebrating our 25 birthday this year, and Bono and co set to reissue Achtung Baby (out 31 October) to mark the album's 20th anniversary, some of the world's leading artists are paying tribute to U2 by producing a new version of the whole album with covers.

The album, sees the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Patti Smith, Depeche Mode, The Killers and Jack White, each tackling a track from the classic record just for this release.

The full track listing for AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered is as follows:

Nine Inch Nails - Zoo Station

U2 (Jacques Lu Cont Mix) - Even Better Than The Real Thing

Damien Rice - One

Patti Smith - Until The End Of The World

Garbage - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Depeche Mode - So Cruel

Snow Patrol - Mysterious Ways

The Fray - Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World

Gavin Friday - The Fly

The Killers - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

Glasvegas - Acrobat

Jack White - Love Is Blindness

The album, which will be available with issue Q305, also features exclusive artwork based on the band's original release (pictured).

"It is always Q's intention to present a unique take on music. At a time when free CDs have become ten-a-penny, I strongly believe the AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered album sets a new, and much higher, benchmark for the format," says Q Editor-In-Chief Paul Rees of the album.

"Not only in the sense that each of the tracks are brand new recordings by some of the biggest and most iconic names in music such as Jack White, Nine Inch Nails and Patti Smith, but also in that several of them mark the first new material we have heard from these acts in a long time - such as those by The Killers, Damien Rice and Garbage. This is an entirely appropriate way to mark Q's anniversary and that of Achtung Baby, one of the pivotal albums in our lifetime."

Stay tuned to Qthemusic.com for the latest news ahead of our next issue hitting the shelves.

You can pre-order your copy of our next issue from Greatmagazines.co.uk/QU2 now in the UK. Overseas plans will be announced soon.

Oooooor, you can download here: http://www.4shared.com/folder/VSwugwWF/AHK-toong_BAY-bi_Covered.html

http://muzlolo.com/rock/72872-va-ahk-toong-bay-bi-covered-2011.html

Oooooh, cool! Thanks for sharing!