• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to Gelsenkirchen last night to see the 360 tour. Was Brilliant as always. At first I got the feeling they weren't having fun, but as they got to the older songs, they go more into it.

The stage was awesome, I was in the back and had a good view, but the band mostly stayed at the front.

They played al the standard songs. Unforgetable fire and MLK were the really old songs they did. And they also played Ultraviolet, wich was great.

They did a dance version of I'll go crazy, with Larry running around with a bongo :naughty:

We were sitting in a kind of dull area, Me and my husband were the only ones singing (read: screaming)

All in all I had a great time.

At the the end we saw them leave in helicopters :mf_rosetinted: the diva's

Thanks for the report :wub2:

Did they do BAD , I realllyy dont like gigs when people are not getting down and funky

What did you think of the stage?

No they didn't. I sad yesterday that they should do a kind of golden oldies tour where they play only old songs. With all the newer albums the old songs seem to be forgotten, besides Sunday bloody sunday, pride, new years day, streets and one, they always get played.

The stage was great, really big. but as I said, I was really close, but at the backside, so I was staring at the lads butts most of the time :naughty:

Edge blew up an amplifier during vertigo :aah:

It was a great gig, but I guess I'm a bit spoiled now with Mika, he has much more energy and fun. Ok, he's young U2 is not, but still.

I would go again in a second though! but not between the boring people, I mean, come on! it's a rock concert. :sneaky2:

No they didn't. I sad yesterday that they should do a kind of golden oldies tour where they play only old songs. With all the newer albums the old songs seem to be forgotten, besides Sunday bloody sunday, pride, new years day, streets and one, they always get played.

The stage was great, really big. but as I said, I was really close, but at the backside, so I was staring at the lads butts most of the time :naughty:

It was a great gig, but I guess I'm a bit spoiled now with Mika, he has much more energy and fun. Ok, he's young U2 is not, but still.

I would go again in a second though! but not between the boring people, I mean, come on! it's a rock concert. :sneaky2:

Yes my background was always quite "rocky" , sort of mmm U2 early days , guns and roses , metallica .. so the gigs were loud and people going for it and drinkies :teehee: ... So i Kinda struggle with the stand and watch kind of thing .. especially U2!!!

I likes U2 .. kind of rattle and hum era

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8SPeR60lRI

:wub2::wub2:

Went to Gelsenkirchen last night to see the 360 tour. Was Brilliant as always. At first I got the feeling they weren't having fun, but as they got to the older songs, they go more into it.

The stage was awesome, I was in the back and had a good view, but the band mostly stayed at the front.

They played al the standard songs. Unforgetable fire and MLK were the really old songs they did. And they also played Ultraviolet, wich was great.

They did a dance version of I'll go crazy, with Larry running around with a bongo :naughty:

We were sitting in a kind of dull area, Me and my husband were the only ones singing (read: screaming)

All in all I had a great time.

At the the end we saw them leave in helicopters :mf_rosetinted: the diva's

Ooooooh! Shiny!

I've heard and seen a video of I'll Go Crazy... it's awesome seeing Larry playing the bongos! It's about time he got out from behind the kit!

What's the point of going to a concert and not enjoying it?

Bloody divas! That doesn't surprise me... Bono comes across as a diva!

Ooooooh! Shiny!

I've heard and seen a video of I'll Go Crazy... it's awesome seeing Larry playing the bongos! It's about time he got out from behind the kit!

What's the point of going to a concert and not enjoying it?

Bloody divas! That doesn't surprise me... Bono comes across as a diva!

Hey Tegan, could to see you back! :wub2:

Larry was so cool with the bongo's He even danced!! Yes, Larry danced. :biggrin2:

Yes my background was always quite "rocky" , sort of mmm U2 early days , guns and roses , metallica .. so the gigs were loud and people going for it and drinkies :teehee: ... So i Kinda struggle with the stand and watch kind of thing .. especially U2!!!

I likes U2 .. kind of rattle and hum era

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8SPeR60lRI

:wub2::wub2:

Yes, wish we had a time machine and could go back to that time!

Oh, the did withi or without you uesterday, Bono was wearing similar jacket as Mika, with the red lights on it (wag video) and he had a mic, he could swing on it!

Yes, wish we had a time machine and could go back to that time!

Oh, the did withi or without you uesterday, Bono was wearing similar jacket as Mika, with the red lights on it (wag video) and he had a mic, he could swing on it!

Yes I seen that Mic! he swings it out over the crowd and the like , very cool :thumb_yello:

I think they need to do some other older ones... there's only so many time you can hear some of those songs...

Hey, I can't complain about staring at their arses during the concert... one of the girls on the U2 website said she was checking out Adam's arse when he walked past...

Hey Tegan, could to see you back! :wub2:

Larry was so cool with the bongo's He even danced!! Yes, Larry danced. :biggrin2:

Larry danced??? :shocked:

I would pay to see that! :biggrin2:

Yeh bono never used to be a a Diva , just pure balls out rock and roll

He has the world (and the girls) at his feet I suppose , bound to get diva ish:teehee:

Very true... He's also said that he was never eccentric, and now he baulks at the temperature of his tea (according to an Aussie interview a few years ago anyways)...

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late, but whatever.

I've been to both gigs in the Amsterdam Arena this July. I absolutely enjoyed every single minute of it. Also very great that Snow Patrol was the warming-up act, cause that's another one of my favourite bands. Great to see how they develloped since 2004, they're really good now!

But most important were the U2-gigs. On Monday we had a so called crisis seat, a cheap ticket but we liked the places. Good view, good sound (that is not guaranteed in the Arena) good show. I wanted the show to be a surprise for me so I stayed off U2-websites, so I won't see the playlists. It was a big surprise that they played Ultraviolet, that's a very special song for me, for years now so when I heard it, I was sooooo happy to hear it live. Another surprise was the version of I'll go Crazy if I don't go Crazy Tonight. I loved it:thumb_yello:

Tuesday we had fantastic places, couldn't be much better. They changed the playlist, so it was a different gig. Great, because we heard almost all our (my favourites, I am the U2-fan, my boyfriend likes them but doesn't know all songs so well. Give me a year of living together and he is such a big fan too:naughty:) favourite songs. Only Please and Stay weren't on 'my' list.

I've had two fantastic evenings, can't wait for the new album and tour. And then we'll go to Dublin, finally:biggrin2:

A bit late, but whatever.

I've been to both gigs in the Amsterdam Arena this July. I absolutely enjoyed every single minute of it. Also very great that Snow Patrol was the warming-up act, cause that's another one of my favourite bands. Great to see how they develloped since 2004, they're really good now!

But most important were the U2-gigs. On Monday we had a so called crisis seat, a cheap ticket but we liked the places. Good view, good sound (that is not guaranteed in the Arena) good show. I wanted the show to be a surprise for me so I stayed off U2-websites, so I won't see the playlists. It was a big surprise that they played Ultraviolet, that's a very special song for me, for years now so when I heard it, I was sooooo happy to hear it live. Another surprise was the version of I'll go Crazy if I don't go Crazy Tonight. I loved it:thumb_yello:

Tuesday we had fantastic places, couldn't be much better. They changed the playlist, so it was a different gig. Great, because we heard almost all our (my favourites, I am the U2-fan, my boyfriend likes them but doesn't know all songs so well. Give me a year of living together and he is such a big fan too:naughty:) favourite songs. Only Please and Stay weren't on 'my' list.

I've had two fantastic evenings, can't wait for the new album and tour. And then we'll go to Dublin, finally:biggrin2:

Ooooh! Cool!

I'm on a U2 site and I have trouble staying away from the threads with the set list... hang on... no I don't, I hang around in the Adam subforum most of the time! :naughty:

Please and Stay would've been good to hear... I think a few songs that they always play *cough*istilhaven'tfoundwhati'mlookingfor*cough* could stay off for a while... I love the song, but I don't know if I want to hear it in concert...

• 2 months later...
Crap...

I have to wait till they bloody well rebroadcast it... Bono you stupid twat! (Adam's not a stupid twat... he can never be a stupid twat :wub2::fangurl:)

Why is he a twat?:naughty:

Love your zachary siggy! He's just so......:teehee:

Well I kept reminding myself to watch it but to my surprise there were reminders of it on almost every site I visited. It was a nice show, but to imagine that many people in the Rose Bowl is crazzzzyyy. I liked how all their outfits were sparkly, especially Adam's shirt and pants. :naughty:

They just announced tour dates for the 2010 Tour dates which is lucky for me since I canceled the Las Vegas show I was gong to go to for Mika in Oakland. It was worth it though. So I'm hapy U2 are coimg around to Oakland...:roftl: