2007 - Mika Birmingham Carling Academy 17th May

FREDDIESDOUBLE

I still don't know how i'm going to get home :| I'll have missed the last train and my bus it bad enough in daylight :S Guess i'll have to get a taxi which is going to cost alot :(

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nicole is staying here in Monmouth (South Wales). I guess that you must be from Mid/North Wales because you said you'd be coming down, is that right?

I'm sorry, but I don't know where would be good to stay because Birmingham is a complete mystery to me! (although I do know that the Barfly and the Academy aren't the same place).

There is someone here on this thread (I can't remember who) who lives in Birmingham. She should be able to advise us all about where to park/eat/meet/stay etc.

Hopefully, we'll meet you on the night!

I'm in Caerphilly (south) - Geography/navigation was never my strong point.:blink: Are you going by train (think it passes through Hereford - my home town) if so which one - I was considering getting one leaving Cardiff at about 7am - we could all sing-a-long-a-mika - that would cheer up the commuters!LOL. Not sure yet if Daughter is coming yet (she's got exams and she's been v mean about my Mika addiction!- if she's not I will have spare ticket, keep everyone posted.). If I came by myself is there going to be a meeting up/group hug with the MFC - can we wear badges????LOL

See ya soon

Cathi XX

Me?

Parking - Theres a car park right opposite the Academy (Not sure about the price though...)

Eat - There's a McDonalds opposite the Academy too but there are also lots of Pubs/restaurants/cafe's near by

Meet - Erm... not sure what we agreed on now whether it was Selfridges or the Bull?

Stay - That's probably a bit tricky depending on the budget - most places in the city centre are at least £50 per night unless you venture out of the centre a bit. I've obviously never tried any of them because I don't need to but there are plenty of places available to stay if you don't mind the cost too much

If anyone wants my phone number for if they get lost on the day they can have it and I can (try to) give directions.

Oh and don't worry - the Academy is MUCH easier to find than the Barfly :)

Thanks Jennie, that's very helpful. I would appreciate your number for emergencies (as you will see from other posts I could get lost in my own bathroom!).

See you there

Cathi

Steph or Freddie

Since everyone is wearing different tops (and I haven't got a pink flashy anything!!!) - can you design a badge only us proper fans can download from this site and print out- that way we can spot each other a mile off and Mika's people know we are very speshul and importunt guests and let us in early or barge past all the other hangers-on. Maybe Mika will spot them and invite us all go on to party with him later!!!:naughty:

Cathi

p.s. please please let me know where you are staying so I can try and book - I don't want to miss the party .

i think what we decided upon is there will be two meeting up groups one early and one later then if possible we will all join up together before the concert in the queue or something.

I will be around birmingham early afternoonish about 2pm - 3pm if anyone wants to meet up possibly around the Bull we were thinking.

as for the after show party im not sure if anyone has organised one ...Not like the leeds aftershow party anyway :wink2:

i think what we decided upon is there will be two meeting up groups one early and one later then if possible we will all join up together before the concert in the queue or something.

I will be around birmingham early afternoonish about 2pm - 3pm if anyone wants to meet up possibly around the Bull we were thinking.

as for the after show party im not sure if anyone has organised one ...Not like the leeds aftershow party anyway :wink2:

Lets organise one!!!! :biggrin2:

:biggrin2: To the after party or the meet up?

Yes everyone is welcome i think :thumb_yello:

Im coming with My sister so i hope non mfcers will be welcome :biggrin2:

I have'nt got a flashy heart but I have just bought a flashy whistle - will that do?????? Oh and I've invested in a very funky (ok my kids might... and do...call it embarassing) pink wig (shrinking violet me LOL). Also thinking of making a t-shirt, I have 2 designs under consideration, 1 smiley face (in album art colours) with Smile like ya mean it written underneath or a retro 80's white T-shirt with MIKA SAYS RELAX on it - what do ya think?

:thumb_yello::thumbdown:

I have'nt got a flashy heart but I have just bought a flashy whistle - will that do?????? Oh and I've invested in a very funky (ok my kids might... and do...call it embarassing) pink wig (shrinking violet me LOL). Also thinking of making a t-shirt, I have 2 designs under consideration, 1 smiley face (in album art colours) with Smile like ya mean it written underneath or a retro 80's white T-shirt with MIKA SAYS RELAX on it - what do ya think?

I have spare flashy heart things! , dont worry :biggrin2:

OK after taking advice from Freddie, here goes .

I have a spare ticket for the Birmingham Carling Academy gig. (Daughter can't come). It cost me £25 (well, cost hubby - £50 for the pair from Ebay). so don't want to make profit from it. Standing concert so you won't have to sit next to me or anything. I can either post or Give it in person on the 17th in Birmingham.

PM me asap if you want further info or buy ticket. Oh and I only have one so, first come first bought - I don't want anyone getting excited to be dissappointed.

Cathi

OK after taking advice from Freddie, here goes .

I have a spare ticket for the Birmingham Carling Academy gig. (Daughter can't come). It cost me £25 (well, cost hubby - £50 for the pair from Ebay). so don't want to make profit from it. Standing concert so you won't have to sit next to me or anything. I can either post or Give it in person on the 17th in Birmingham.

PM me asap if you want further info or buy ticket. Oh and I only have one so, first come first bought - I don't want anyone getting excited to be dissappointed.

Cathi

I don't know who would like the ticket, but this made me laugh "Standing concert so you won't have to sit next to me or anything." :roftl::naughty:

:biggrin2: To the after party or the meet up?

Yes everyone is welcome i think :thumb_yello:

Im coming with My sister so i hope non mfcers will be welcome :biggrin2:

Either or both really?! Although 4 of us have to be at work at nine, so I don't know how long we'd be able to stay. Would be nice to meet you all though. The non MFCers are my hubby, sis in law & hubby and a couple of friends.

I have actually toying with the idea of making a T shirt with CHOOSE MIKA on the front and LOVE TODAY on the back, but wasn't sure if I'd get a law suit on my hands for doing it.

I have actually toying with the idea of making a T shirt with CHOOSE MIKA on the front and LOVE TODAY on the back, but wasn't sure if I'd get a law suit on my hands for doing it.

i think it should be okay but maybe check it out first..i think it should not read love today on the back but maybe a line from the song instead.....just to be on the safe side...

i think it should be okay but maybe check it out first..i think it should not read love today on the back but maybe a line from the song instead.....just to be on the safe side...

How about if I put "Love Love Me!" on the back instead?

Guest vuyk@telkomsa.net

Everybody getting ready?

Wish i could go as well.

10 more days to go!

Nel