Mika's Tartan Trousers!

kath

hey, yesterday i went buying converse shoes for my boys and we saw a gorgeous pair of red tartan converse all stars shoes!!!

will you buy them for mika?

as i'm getting to be the official shoe buyer of this site (ask Andi...) i could buy them and ship them to you for Glasgow gig to give him (in yr name, of course...i'm not entering your tartan project...i'm well satisfied with the necklace experience :wub2: :wub2: ).

i'm leaving tomorrow and be back on april 30th. PM me within today in case of positive answer.

Hugs to you all

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there must be a straight forward pattern for these kind of trousers but kind of skinnied down...

mika would never ever look good in slacks, you could get a pattern for jeans , surely and agjust the pattern to mika's skinniness!

Good luck Lee...if you need me you know where to find me...or msn me if I can help in any way.....okay??!!

Come and help if you want! :biggrin2:

couldnt you get a pair of skinny jeans rip the stitching out & use them as a pattern im willing to order them & post them to 1 of the people involved in the making of the trews if this is possible . theres a pair here http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=38985&parent_category_rn=38981&productId=204443&langId=-1

couldnt you get a pair of skinny jeans rip the stitching out & use them as a pattern im willing to order them & post them to 1 of the people involved in the making of the trews if this is possible . theres a pair here http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=38985&parent_category_rn=38981&productId=204443&langId=-1

Hm.. that's a good idea.

I really like that! :thumb_yello:

It costs a little more but may pay off...

Has to be group decision, so

WENDI, GITB, what do you think????:blink:

Has to be group decision, so

WENDI, GITB, what do you think????:blink:

If we cant get a pattern - then that may be the only option! Are there no sewing shops in Dunfermline or Kirkcaldy that would have patterns?

well if you want me to go ahead & order a pair i need to to know size i should get + an address to send them to as i cant make kath`s as im trying to sort out my life at the moment.

what's goin on over here in ye olde trewser shop?????

ripping apart the skinny jeans is a great idea if you can't find a pattern -

i am going to look & see if i can find a pattern while i am out tomorrow & if i find one i will put it in the box for leezy with her cd

Well, we have a great material shop in Kirkcaldy which will have the best range of patterns available. It's a HUGE shop. So me and Leezy are going there this weekend. If not, I guess scg's suggestion is our only option. It will work well with the leg bit, but the other bits would be very difficult to do just by copying (no matter how many times those bits may have been studied by us all!)

what's goin on over here in ye olde trewser shop?????

ripping apart the skinny jeans is a great idea if you can't find a pattern -

i am going to look & see if i can find a pattern while i am out tomorrow & if i find one i will put it in the box for leezy with her cd

Hey tootch, hope you are feeling better!:wink2:

Well, we have a great material shop in Kirkcaldy which will have the best range of patterns available. It's a HUGE shop. So me and Leezy are going there this weekend. If not, I guess scg's suggestion is our only option. It will work well with the leg bit, but the other bits would be very difficult to do just by copying (no matter how many times those bits may have been studied by us all!)

It would be very difficult to take jeans apart - and keep enough spare material to work with (i.e. we wont have the bits that have already been trimmed off). I really hope you can get a pattern!! I have some pins etc - which I can bring - and inch-tapes etc. Just let me know!! :D (and regardless of how much studying we have done :blush-anim-cl: we need to get that bit right, or we could do him a mischief!!)