Mika's Tartan Trousers!

kath

Right, I am having slightly negative thoughts re these trousers. Need someone to reassure me.

1 I've never made trousers in my life - only halloween costumes, Christmas decorations and curtains.

2 Why did I mention putting a slip of paper in the pockets with our names on? How the hell do you make pockets??

3 Buttonhole???

4 Fly

5 Waistband??

Do you think we should ask Martin if Mika might like a lovely pair of tartan curtains? I can do that!!:naughty:

Just having a panic attack. Sure it will all be fine. Wish my sister wasn't in Florida as we speak - will grab her when she gets back in 16 days. She can maybe do hard bits.

Am going to have to actually lie to my husband about going to get material with leezy this weekend. Isn't that awful???! But the thought of saying 'just popping to material shop to buy tartan material to make trousers for mika' is just too embarrassing. He would lose all remaining respect for me!

Im sure it'll be fine! I trust you guys! (Ladys) :)

Btw Ive done a pair of pants all my own at school. :bleh:

...and Im still very willing to sew the button hole if anyone else can't.

(Like after sewing the whole pants a button hole would be a problem...) :naughty:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am over my panic attack.

What about this idea? You know I was intending to get tartan boxers, maybe personalised for Martin to throw on stage due to him wearing kilt etc? Well, you know how he's just had a baby? What about a wee cute tartan babygro? How cute would that look held up on stage?

What do you think? Am going to try to source tonight.

I am over my panic attack.

What about this idea? You know I was intending to get tartan boxers, maybe personalised for Martin to throw on stage due to him wearing kilt etc? Well, you know how he's just had a baby? What about a wee cute tartan babygro? How cute would that look held up on stage?

What do you think? Am going to try to source tonight.

Haha, sounds outrageous! [read: I love it]

We'll need to invent more things for the gig, this sounds so much fun! :naughty:

You guys just can’t keep your hot little paws off Mika’s duds can ya? :naughty:

Girlintheblue- hahaha! Mika’s gonna end up with a Halloween costume!! :roftl: :roftl:

Just buy a pair of troosers at the shop and tell him you put 100 hours of blood, sweat and tears into them. :wink2:

Well, at least you’ve got the button hole covered. Just give Mika the buttonhole then.

Aussie :insane:

Can you sew my phone number into his pants? :naughty:

He will need legs 10 feet long if we try and sew everyones number in them :roftl: :roftl:

Fred - I used to have Bay City Rollers trousers - had the whole outfit (and my mother still has pictures which she can use at will to blackmail me :roftl: ) - but Mika's will be plain tartan - a touch of class!! But writing here has allowed me to pull his trousers up this time with good reason! :naughty::roftl:

:naughty: We'd have to stitch a whole phone book into his pants! :roftl:

Sorry, I have no idea who the Bay City Rollers are. Did they wear tartan pants?

Yes - they were around in the early 70's - I went to see them - they were wonderful (but I must warn you - that was NOT everyones opinion!!) :blush-anim-cl:post-884-142983653572_thumb.jpg

Just a question to the Scottish tailor ladies: are you going for the drainpipe style so favoured by Mika, or are you thinking of a different cut, maybe a bit of a flare??? I'm not suggesting you go for anything Rollerlike, don't get me wrong!

I'm just trying to visualise the trousers.....:naughty:

Just a question to the Scottish tailor ladies: are you going for the drainpipe style so favoured by Mika, or are you thinking of a different cut, maybe a bit of a flare??? I'm not suggesting you go for anything Rollerlike, don't get me wrong!

I'm just trying to visualise the trousers.....:naughty:

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't ask questions like that, you'll start to scare GITB again! I have no idea re making them, have made nothing in my life before! Yikes!

However, GITB, Kath, Wendi, Abby (kaths daughter) and my good self are having a day/evening of making them, so it WILL work! :shocked:

Wendi, Kath & Abs are staying over on the Sunday night (they are gonna share a room, you staying too?

lol, your trousermaking meet up sounds so much fun and if you were closer to me I would certainly have to pop in a take a look at proceedings!

So where are you getting the -erm - vital statistics :wub2: from?

We already have the vital stats! Kath got it from Martin via his My Space! How exciting, when the stats were revealed I'm sure some of the girls fainted! :naughty:

We already have the vital stats! Kath got it from Martin via his My Space! How exciting, when the stats were revealed I'm sure some of the girls fainted! :naughty:

Whoa - Martin revealing Mika's vital stats - hmmm why do I find that slightly erotic?:blush-anim-cl: (But Mika and Martin has been done to death so I'll shut up!).

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't ask questions like that, you'll start to scare GITB again! I have no idea re making them, have made nothing in my life before! Yikes!

However, GITB, Kath, Wendi, Abby (kaths daughter) and my good self are having a day/evening of making them, so it WILL work! :shocked:

Wendi, Kath & Abs are staying over on the Sunday night (they are gonna share a room, you staying too?

Need to wait and find out if No 1 son is staying at home that night - otherwise I will have to head home as the dogs will be "home alone"!! Mika's measurements - wow, maybe he can come for a personal fitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub2::mf_lustslow:

I'm panicking again.

All that's going round my head is POCKETS, BUTTONHOLE, WAISTBAND, FLY!!!!!

Excuse my ignorance of such matters, but how do you get the thigh size right? I mean Mika's got really skinny legs, but you could be a 6' 4" guy with really fat thighs.

Think we need to get an actual pair of Mika trousers sent to us by Martin so's we can measure up.

Can you imagine the scene at leezy's if we had an actual pair of his trousers on the table?? UNWASHED!!!!