2007 - Mika & Da Wack (Mika's sister) Art Exhibition - Blink Gallery - London: 11-07-

Yoppappop

Reportage time - Warning its a long one :roftl::wink2:

2007_0712Blink12thjuly070075.jpg

2007_0712Blink12thjuly070076.jpg

Its been a really Funny day for me today i dont know where to begin really....well i got up at 3.30am in order to drop my car off in town and get a taxi to the Bus station at Birmingham the bus was due to leave at 5.30am for us to arrive at London at 9am.

Things however are never that simple - we had been on the bus for 3 hours and only managed to just about get to Rugby due to the M1 motorway closure sooo finally by the time we had been diverted i arrived in London Victoria coach station at 12.30pm!!!!

Now please bear in Mind i dont know london at all so it was my first time alone in london and i have no directional sense at all so i go out of the station and walk in the direction i think picadilly circus is....after ten minutes or soo of walking i stop and ask a traffic warden if i am heading in the right direction - it turns out i was going in completely the wrong direction so i have to back track on myself.

Annyway i then decided i was getting nowhere after about 40mins of walking in a straightline so i get my mobile out and try and use the walk path route finder and i just ended up walking in a huge circle i started to panic sooo decided to hop onto the next bus i saw...which turned out to be an open top tour bus but hey if it was going to get me to near where i wanted to be it would do even though it set me back £22 i figured i would be able to catch it back to tthe Bus station.

So there i was sat on a pretty much empty tour bus and eventually got off right outside of Hamleys its actually pretty easy to find poland street from here...oh but i left my issue of Q magazine on the tour bus but thats ok i can buy another LOL

so i walked down poland street and i was like OMG OMG there it is as soon as i saw the front of the building the first thing i did was ask the dude behind the desk if i could take photos and he said it was fine ...the Gallery is absolutely amazing its like walking into a cartoon world it just blows your mind...and then i hear a voice...BEXX i turn around and see Rak it was all just too exciting.

Then we talked to the guy behind the desk for a while and asked about getting postcards and stuff he said he had none but gave us two of the invitations used at the launch lastnight he wouldnt give us anymore because he said he wouldnt want them to get sold on ebay and stuff..((so im sorry everyone who asked me if i could get them any souveniers - i did try and Rak1 is my witness)) He then showed us all of the launch party pictures he had on his laptop and we went behind the desk to have a look he was really nice and said we could help ourselves to the lollipops downstairs woooOO

Soo i took loads of pictures from upstairs and then we went downstairs and Again i was like OMG wow this is soo amazing its like being in a toy shop and not knowing where to look its an over load of the senses i think.

The video screen thing was hypnotising and the display scene at the back was just perfect!!!

Me and Rak1 have decided that we actually want to move into the gallery and live there or atleast in our houses have a room similar the carpet of lollipops was pure genious!! so we got our photos taken in the scene and we assisted other people to get their photos taken with it all aswell

I really REALLY didnt want to leave the place but time passed soo quickly and before i knew it was 2.30pm and my bus was due to leave at 3pm NIGHTMARE

So i got a quick last few pictures and heading back to the tour bus...BAD IDEA hahaha

I ended up going on the full tour of London which finally got me to victoria station at 4.15pm - i had completly missed my bus home!!!

And i did the lack of direction thing again as the tour bus dropped me outside the victoria trainstation i needed to find the coach station and clever me walked in the opposite direction ((i must remember to do the opposite of what my mind tells me to do))

so i go up to this man and ask him where the hell is the coach station for national express??!?! and he is such a darling and walks me to the station - i was really embarrassed but i managed to get into the terminal at 4.40pm BUT then i had to queue up for ages to get another ticket as my 3pm ticket wasnt valid anymore, it was 4.55 and i was despirate to catch the 5pm bus back which i had to blag myway onto aswell because at first he wouldnt let me on because i actually had a 6.30pm ticket!!!

and i had to sit next to some really annoying dude all the way home but managed to get home just after 10pm PHEWW

Even though the journey to and from London was a nightmare the gallery totally made the whole expreience worth it!!!!!

I would definately recommend it to anyone!!!!

Oh and when i finally got home and took my shoes off i was sure my little toes were going to get left behind in my shoes - seriously i have never walked so aimlessly around EVER!!!

The open top bus tour was errmm educational LOL BUT i have to say Babspanky does it better

Oh and to add another thing the closest i got to seeing mika was actually in Victoria coach station while waiting in a queue to get served at BurgerKing there was a guy infront of me the exact same build, hair and clothing as Mika - at first i did think to myself omg Noooo but its ok it was just a random Guy LOL and anyway Mika could have easily walked passed me earlier on i would never have noticed as i was too stressed out about walking in circles around London and always seeming to end back on eccleston road LOL

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sounds like u had a blast getting there coming back and actually being there :bleh:

glad u enjoyed yourself as much as i did :biggrin2: and it is very tiring getting lost in london

so how many lollipops did u take? :naughty:

and were the pics the guy showed u the same as the ones that have been posted here? of the launch party thing?

2007_0712Blink12thjuly070052.jpg

i made it there wooHooo i feel like i have achieved something today :thumb_yello:

Great review Bexxy. It was amazing wasn't it?

Jo and I were there on launch nite and it was frantic.................everyone was still painting downstairs at 5pm in readiness for the opening at six!!

Yasmine and her mum were very stressed trying to put all of the finishing touches together (like the lollipops!! they were getting poured in when we arrived!)

We were talking to Mika's aunt when BBC3 turned up!! He was also filming a segment for Channel four which is due to be shown on tonights Friday Night project.

I'm away in Scotland til Sunday so won't get to see it til I get home.

I don't know whether I'll get chance to put up any pics while I'm up here but will def do them when I get home.

Vix x

Awww, Bexx, that's lovely!!!!! Bet you're so chuffed that you went. :thumb_yello: I wanted to go but couldn't. :thumbdown: Nevermind.

Your report is great - i laughed pretty much all the way through it!! LOL!!!:naughty::roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Glad you had a brill time!:thumb_yello:

Bexxy will be posting a full report when she gets home later on. I left her going to finish her tour of London (she'll probably explain that later).

I did go this morning and met Vixen, but I wanted to see if Bexxy had made it there and went back. And sure enough there she was.

The thing is it's so beautiful you don't want to leave and it was very hard to drag myself away. Mika and Yasmine are incredibily talented and have created an amazing world that you'll be happy to go to, for those lucky enough to get there.

I 'm not sure that they are selling any of the pictures, as they may decide to show them else where (if they're smart they will). There was no catalogue and the guy at the gallery didn't seem to think so.

Hi there!

Glad to be able to put a name to the face!

Vix x

Yeah i believe they were the same photographs already posted up here :biggrin2:

Yeah it was after all that has happened a great Day !!! Gutted i couldnt make it to the launch night though that would have been great But i went to the gallery which is the next best thing :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

and now i am semi prepared for london again on Monday WHEN I RETURN FOR take two LOL

i made it there wooHooo i feel like i have achieved something today :thumb_yello:

What a day!!!! But you succeeded with finding it!!! :biggrin2:

Thank to tell us your day! I hope we can see soon the pictures you took! :thumb_yello:

thats an amazing pic!!! wish i could get a pic there! i would put it in a frame for sure! love the shirt! :)

Bexxy! Did they give you some lollipops? I read they gave few ones the first day.

the Guy behind the desk on entering the gallery told me and rose we could take a few of the lollipops - i took a handful :naughty:

There were all kinds mainly chuba chups all sorts of flavours i found a few chocolate cup cake flavoured ones in there :roftl: :roftl:

Hopefully he doesnt tell everyone who goes they can help thereselves to them or else there wont be any left on Saturday :roftl:

Ohhh thankyou everyone who has commented on my top :thumb_yello:

ebay GrIngo shop has loads of similar tops aswell :bleh:

the Guy behind the desk on entering the gallery told me and rose we could take a few of the lollipops - i took a handful

There were all kinds mainly chuba chups all sorts of flavours i found a few chocolate cup cake flavoured ones in there

Hopefully he doesnt tell everyone who goes they can help thereselves to them or else there wont be any left on Saturday

Ohhh thankyou everyone who has commented on my top

ebay GrIngo shop has loads of similar tops aswell

Hi Bexx - thanks for the report! It made great reading. I'm as bad as you are with directions, so don't worry about it :wink2: . Loved the top :mf_rosetinted:

I'm hoping to go to the gallery tomorrow, so it will probably be really busy. I'll try and get a few pics....

Were they selling any souvenirs? I can't believe there's nothing to buy :shocked:. Surely they must realise an MFCer and their money are soon parted...

Some more photos from the gallery opening... from flickr:

WHO are those lucky lucky ppl there? that, as usual with such lucky ppl, do not seem to care much about him?:blink:

do they make a text? who's completely indifferent to mika's appeal can enter?

:sneaky2: :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Bexxy, you're so colorful you look like you're part of the exhibit! :biggrin2:

Thanks so much for your wonderful report and the pix! Wish I could get

there, too!

dcdeb

Bexxy, you're so colorful you look like you're part of the exhibit! :biggrin2:

Thanks so much for your wonderful report and the pix! Wish I could get

there, too!

dcdeb

hehehe thats exactly what Rak1 said to me when she took that picture hehehe:wink2:

So today I went to the exhibition with my mum, my sister and one of my friends. WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was AMAZING!!!!!!! Here are 2 photos of me in the artwork! The gallery people kept coming downstairs and telling us to take lollipops! lol. Think we ended up with quite a few! It was such an amazing display of artwork. I don't think I could pick a favourite part of it. I have loads of photos though so I may trawl through them all later and put more up :)

post-406-142983666778_thumb.jpg

post-406-142983666781_thumb.jpg

Awwwwww!!!!!! How cute!!!! You're holding Lollipop Girls hand!! :biggrin2: That's brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish i could have gone really..............shame it's not running a bit longer! :sneaky2:

Lovely pics Charlotte! :thumb_yello:

I don't know if Perez is actually over yet, 'cause I saw a news report on Five earlier about the Beckhams in America and the reporter was talking to Perez about it and it was definitely filmed in the US.

I had a run to London today and you don't know how hard it was not to go back up there, and where I delivered to was SOO close to where the exhibition is. But I somehow managed to pull my self away, you can't imagine how much willpower that took.

I don't know if Perez is actually over yet, 'cause I saw a news report on Five earlier about the Beckhams in America and the reporter was talking to Perez about it and it was definitely filmed in the US.

I had a run to London today and you don't know how hard it was not to go back up there, and where I delivered to was SOO close to where the exhibition is. But I somehow managed to pull my self away, you can't imagine how much willpower that took.

oh, i can only imagine!

it was an absolutely wonderful experience for me too...

i decided last minute to take a train after our sports day at school was cut short due to rain ...

so my other side of the brain just went into the statoin and bought a return ticket to london waterloo (by train a journey that takes 95 minutes either way.., 260 km altogether) i must have been mad....!!!!

before i could do something about it it was too late and i found myself on the train to london

to seek out the gallery... blink gallery is a wonderful tiny gallery in the heart of soho, near some street cafes and the good old soho scene that i sometimes miss here in deepest wiltshire...

when igot there i took a good look t all the beautiful sketches and drawings,

it was mind blowing to see so much more than we had seen in the papers previously. i took some great piccies of his sketches and other things....i will post them this weekend...

so i took all the beautiful work upstairs in and was just about to go downstairs when mika's sister walked into the gallery waving a colourful A 5 diary..saying " i found one at last..." and she went straight to the desk and then stopped thinking as if to write or not to write...

she then wrote an introduction into the diary/guest book ...and we started chatting.....

i was then invited to write into the book...i was so gobsmacked that i wrote on the next page.after her introduction .. .something about the exhibition...but idon't ask me what....i cannot remember , it is all a blurr....but did not forget to write" steph from the mfc.."..

and they said that with that hopefully i would encourage others to write into the book too..( we left thre bok on the bench where you come in...)

i then went downstairs to look at the main exhibit...and boy it is good...again does not do justice to the image...and all those lollipopos!! i had so many i was worried i would turn into one myself!!! the wide scren images were amazing to watch!!!

i was fascinated by the arrangements and corrections he had made on some designs. and origional ideas..all hand written......i took some great piccies of his work...especially of the drawings that were inthe makings.....

i tried several times to leave...difficult...so i went upstairs again and we chatted about mika......

then i finally had to pull myself away....

and by the way....no, there is nothing to buy....absolutely nothing ....not even postcards......