2007 - Mika & Da Wack (Mika's sister) Art Exhibition - Blink Gallery - London: 11-07-

Yoppappop

it was an absolutely wonderful experience for me too...

i decided last minute to take a train after our sports day at school was cut short due to rain ...

so my other side of the brain just went into the statoin and bought a return ticket to london waterloo (by train a journey that takes 95 minutes either way.., 130 km ) i must have been mad....!!!!

before i could do something about it it was too late and i found myself on the train to london

to seek out the gallery... blink gallery is a wonderful tiny gallery in the heart of soho, near some street cafes and the good old soho scene that i sometimes miss here in deepest wiltshire...

when igot there i took a good look t all the beautiful sketches and drawings,

it was mind blowing to see so much more than we had seen in the papers previously

so i took all the beautiful work upstairs in and was just about to go downstairs when mika's sister walked into the gallery waving a colourful A 5 diary..saying " i found one at last..." and she went straight to the desk and then stopped thinking as if to write or not to write...

she then wrote an introduction into the diary/guest book and we started chatting.....

i was then invited to write into the book...i was so gobsmacked that i wrote on the next page..something about the exhibition...but idon't ask me what....i cannot remember , it is all a blurr....but did not forget to write" steph from the mfc.."..

and they said that with that hopefully i would encourage others to write into the book too..( we left thre bok on the bench where you come in...)

i then went downstairs to look at the main exhibit...and boy it is good...again does not do justice to the image...and all those lollipopos!! i had so many i was worried i would turn into one myself!!! the wide scren images were amazing to watch!!!

i was fascinated by the arrangements and corrections he had made on some designs. and origional ideas..all hand written......i took some great piccies of his work...especially of the drawings that were inthe makings.....

i tried several times to leave...difficult...so i went upstairs again and we chatted about mika......

then i pulled myself away....

OMG Steph I was nearly CRYING reading your report!! What is that about?!! :blush-anim-cl: You met Mika's sister and chatted to her, you got to write in the book first, you got to take photos, and all I got was to read the report, and I am beside myself!!!:roftl:

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You lucky girl, I was hoping Yasmine would be there yesterday, but no such luck.

And NOW there is a comments book! Never mind, I wonder if I should be naughty and wonder up there again tomorrow, seeing as I won't have to pay congestion charge, as it's Saturday. See how I feel in the morning.

it was an absolutely wonderful experience for me too...

i decided last minute to take a train after our sports day at school was cut short due to rain ...

so my other side of the brain just went into the statoin and bought a return ticket to london waterloo (by train a journey that takes 95 minutes either way.., 260 km altogether) i must have been mad....!!!!

before i could do something about it it was too late and i found myself on the train to london

to seek out the gallery... blink gallery is a wonderful tiny gallery in the heart of soho, near some street cafes and the good old soho scene that i sometimes miss here in deepest wiltshire...

when igot there i took a good look t all the beautiful sketches and drawings,

it was mind blowing to see so much more than we had seen in the papers previously. i took some great piccies of his sketches and other things....i will post them this weekend...

so i took all the beautiful work upstairs in and was just about to go downstairs when mika's sister walked into the gallery waving a colourful A 5 diary..saying " i found one at last..." and she went straight to the desk and then stopped thinking as if to write or not to write...

she then wrote an introduction into the diary/guest book ...and we started chatting.....

i was then invited to write into the book...i was so gobsmacked that i wrote on the next page.after her introduction .. .something about the exhibition...but idon't ask me what....i cannot remember , it is all a blurr....but did not forget to write" steph from the mfc.."..

and they said that with that hopefully i would encourage others to write into the book too..( we left thre bok on the bench where you come in...)

i then went downstairs to look at the main exhibit...and boy it is good...again does not do justice to the image...and all those lollipopos!! i had so many i was worried i would turn into one myself!!! the wide scren images were amazing to watch!!!

i was fascinated by the arrangements and corrections he had made on some designs. and origional ideas..all hand written......i took some great piccies of his work...especially of the drawings that were inthe makings.....

i tried several times to leave...difficult...so i went upstairs again and we chatted about mika......

then i finally had to pull myself away....

and by the way....no, there is nothing to buy....absolutely nothing ....not even postcards......

Steph, how wonderful is that?! So glad you went without thinking about

it -- just did it! And that you met Yasmine! What a great story!

Looking forward to your pix!

dcdeb

WHO are those lucky lucky ppl there? that, as usual with such lucky ppl, do not seem to care much about him?:blink:

Hahah... that's quite right though. :biggrin2: Imagine if everyone there was a huge fan and he had to deal with them hanging onto his every word the entire night! Private parties are held exactly so that you can hang out with people who don't really care that much about you. :naughty:

--Jack

Thanks everyone for all the reviews and especially the photos.

Too bad they aren't selling any postcards or anything. If they go to other cities, I think they should consider a MIKA colouring book! Couldn't you just imagine colouring in some of the pictures yourself, like the one below (courtesy of Hotdlp)

*M*

post-2944-142983667125_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the reviews and especially the photos.

Too bad they aren't selling any postcards or anything. If they go to other cities, I think they should consider a MIKA colouring book! Couldn't you just imagine colouring in some of the pictures yourself, like the one below (courtesy of Hotdlp)

*M*

That is SUCH a good idea! I love coloring books!

awww Dammit theres a comments book :blink:

Can i ask someone who is going to write a comment init for me as i was there yesterday and there wasnt a book there :blush-anim-cl:

Pretty Please please please :cool:

awww Dammit theres a comments book :blink:

Can i ask someone who is going to write a comment init for me as i was there yesterday and there wasnt a book there :blush-anim-cl:

Pretty Please please please :cool:

What, like Bexx was here? :naughty: I will try to remember!

By the way, I hardly recognised you with ordinary clothes on, lol :naughty:

oh yes please write something like BexxY was here on the 12th July and REALLY REALLY loved it :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

i can text you to remind you if you like :naughty::thumb_yello:

if you can do this for me Babs i will seriously be very very grateful!!!!

Thankyou

oh yes please write something like BexxY was here on the 12th July and REALLY REALLY loved it :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

i can text you to remind you if you like :naughty::thumb_yello:

if you can do this for me Babs i will seriously be very very grateful!!!!

Thankyou

Good idea, text me at about 3.30pm if you don't mind ( memory like a sieve!)

Some more photos from the gallery opening... from flickr:

Is it only me or does he look something between extremely tired, bored and annoyed in most of those pics?

Woah, Mika I guess it's really time for you to have some real FUN again! Grab some friends and go underground for a while, I bet this could help :thumb_yello:

hotdlp and BexxY, those are really great photographs that you took of the exhibition. Thank you for uploading them. I rather stupidly didn't take a camera when I went, so I failed to get any photographs! I did take some lollipops, though. Seven, in fact. :) Is that too greedy? Well, I live in a big household, and I didn't want anyone to feel left out...

I went yesterday. I was surprised at how small the gallery was, and how low-key the whole event was. There was hardly anyone there. For most of the time I was there, it was just me and this other family - two women and a little girl - with just two or three other couples and single people wandering through at various times.

Clearly the general public are a lot less interested in the artwork than in the music. If it had been a concert, the building would have been overflowing, I'm sure...

It's a shame, really, because Mika talks of the pictures and the music as being intimately connected, and he seems to want people to engage with the cartoons as well as the songs.

It's free to get in - just the artwork that costs an arm and a leg! LOL!:biggrin2::naughty::roftl:

Hang on, is it being sold?

I asked the chap who was in charge if they were selling anything, and he said no, because they were all one-offs... so I wonder if maybe he just misunderstood me, and thought I was asking if they were selling copies...

So are the pictures themselves for sale? If so they might have just missed out on a sale there... and I might have just missed out on owning a genuine piece of Life in Cartoon Motion artwork. :'(

Just got back from the exhibition, met Jemmalee and Sarahlou and saw the pictures, pinched a large quantity of lollipops (jemma had waaaaay more than me) Sarah took some cracking pictures, then we had coffee and chat, chat, chat, then came home saw really bling woman on tube but my phone died so I couldn't take her picture, gave lollipops to two old ladies on the tube and as I said just got in.

Had a nice time! :)

It's free to get in - just the artwork that costs an arm and a leg! LOL!:biggrin2::naughty::roftl:

No, I've just checked with the gallery. They say:

"The work is not for sale, and far as we know, never will be."

LOL I have a blue tongue:bleh: due to too much blue lollipop eating :roftl:

We had such a good time today (thankyou bab and sarah!) and we didn't stop laughing.

The exhibition was superb and the pictures are really bright in real life:thumb_yello: We also wrote Mika and Yasmine a little message in the guest book too:biggrin2:

I must admit that I may have the world record for the amount of lollipops smuggled out of the gallery (260) and I could of had more (if i had a bigger bag, darn it!) and it still wouldn't of made a dent in the lollipop path LOL (there must of been thousands):biggrin2:

Today I am Lollipop Girl!:mf_rosetinted:

I only had about 60 :naughty:

And I only got 11 into my little bag...:bleh:

Thanks Babs & Jems for a great afternoon. I'm trying to upload some of the pics to Photobucket and will try and get them on here as soon as....

Jems - hope you got back OK? Obviously you did as you're on here... :doh:

This will be you after eating all those lollipops...:hypo:

copy the code from photobucket then come to the forum and press reply, when you are doing your reply, there is a little picture of a mountain just underneath the arrows next to the paperclip and the smiley, click on the picture and it will give you a place to paste your link.

This isn't very clear!

meigle-client-waving.jpg

Just testing, it's the code in the second box out of four.

awwww she reminds me of someone from work :wink2:

did you all have a good time???

Babspanky i Love you forever for writing in the guest book for me

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU :wub2: