MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: Mothers who love MIKA

Blue Sky

When my son was 3, I went to go pick him up at the daycare centre after work, and the teachers told me that he was reading to them.:shocked:

I told them that it was impossible, as I never taught him how to read yet...

I didn't believe them until they gave him a book and he started reading it.

Now my son is 12. He won the Spelling Bee contest at school and didn't tell anyone at home. :boxed:

I can't fathom why he doesn't take pride in these things.

This is what I found in his knapsack today:

SpellingBeeWinner2.jpg

Some kids like to be in the centre of attention, other ones don't. You must be proud though I guess. He thaught himself to read, my daughter did the same thing when she was three. Like your son, she was reading to the other kids at preschool. (It was sometimes easy for the teacher if she had to go to the toilet or so...)

My daughter likes to be in the centre of attention very very much. She won a couple of reading contest in our area and she is now participating at the schoolmusical. She has one of the leading roles. I asked her if she wasn't very nervous and scared (like I would be in front of a couple of 100 people) but she said: "No, I love it when people come to watch me."

My other daughter is almost the opposite of her big sister. Though she can read very well, she is very shy and doesn't like it very much when people look at her. Next week she has to give a book-presentation in her class (she is 8) and she is nervous now already.

I hope your kid keeps enjoying reading because reading is fun and can be very helpful in your life.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, thanks AMP. I encourage reading a lot. I never hesitate to buy them books they want to read. And not just fiction either. My son is reading a lot of information from the internet to help him with projects at school and I need to make sure he is careful with that. He is at that stage where he thinks that just because its written somewhere, it is the truth. We need to encourage our kids to question the truth of "facts" and be careful of the source of information.

My kids aren't really at any extreme about wanting or avoiding attention. They get a lot of it (from grandparents, aunts and uncles) because we have a large extended family. The good comes with the not-so-good, when you're dealing with about 60 or more relatives..:naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

He al you moms out there.

a) I live in Uithoorn Holland

b) I have son called Micha (almost 4 years)

c) Make your children also a fan. Micha wants to hear Mika all the time, just because their names look alike!

Looking forward to join you all. :thumb_yello:

Haha. My toddler wants to hear Mika all the time. My son (11) may be getting a little bit over him, maybe I play him too much? he's just started getting into U2, which is good, I like them too.

As for books. OMG! Our house is full of books. I'm a reader, hubby is a reader, our son (who didn't learn to read till he was six, despite me trying to teach him earlier) lives, breathes, sleeps, consumes books. It is his passion. I was really worried when I was pregnant with toddler girl.....what if she is not a reader??! How would my little family cope with a non-bookish person? So far it appears she also loves books, so I'm not too worried.

Welcome miek!! Another Mika-crazed Mother! A few of the girls have been representing us at the shows in the US and Canada the last couple of weeks, and candboys is going to be a Lollipop girl in Chicago tomorrow night! So we mummies still really ROCK!:wub2:

And WOOHOO we have now reached 60 registered MOTHERS!!

:thumb_yello:

So, some of us on this forum have seen a few more moons than the rest, and in fact have to squeeeeze in our computer time around KIDS' DINNERS, or KIDS' PICKUPS & DROP OFFS, and KIDS' PERFORMANCES and SPORTS MATCHES etc, or worse still, around our KIDS' COMPUTER TIME.

Some of us have been known to stay up WAY AFTER our KIDS have gone to bed just to get our daily fix of MIKA & MFC. Sometimes we pretend we are doing serious computer work when secretly we have the MFC page open underneath...:fisch:

Some of us have been asked by friends, families, neighbours and people at work "Aren't you too old for this???" Perhaps we've been told to "act your age " or told to be a responsible parent.:bleh: We get comments on our sanity, our supposed "midlife crises", and maybe even looks of shock and horror when we mention WE LOVE MIKA and WE LOVE MFC. "But you're old enough to be HIS MOTHER!!!" they say.:shocked:

Well, BLUESKY, you all said it right...That picture me very well:roftl:

I am a 36 stay at home Mom from Repentigny (near Montreal) with 2 girls 7 and 10 who loves also Mika very much...My husband... well he like Mika but he says I act like a teenager! I think this club is perfect for me!:thumb_yello: Count me in!

Yes, I am a proud mother:mf_lustslow: As fellow-mothers you can understand I will post the Youtubelink of my dauhgter in her schoolmusical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cak0KFgTwnQ

I'm sorry it's quite long, but I will give you the moments where you can see my girl: (She did a lot more then what you get the see, but this vid is an impression of the evening.)

1.31: Inge is one of the dark figures under the black capes...

2.45: Inge is standing behind the girl in the green shirt...

3.50: Inge's standing in the middle with her rainbowsweater...

6.45-7.06: part of Inge's performance as Flemish lady who's doggy sadly disappearce in the Green Bermuda Triangle...

7.20-7.37: part of Inge's solo!!!

(At first I wanted to make a new thread about this, but I thougt: "Better not exaggerate...")

Yes, I am a proud mother:mf_lustslow: As fellow-mothers you can understand I will post the Youtubelink of my dauhgter in her schoolmusical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cak0KFgTwnQ

I'm sorry it's quite long, but I will give you the moments where you can see my girl: (She did a lot more then what you get the see, but this vid is an impression of the evening.)

1.31: Inge is one of the dark figures under the black capes...

2.45: Inge is standing behind the girl in the green shirt...

3.50: Inge's standing in the middle with her rainbowsweater...

6.45-7.06: part of Inge's performance as Flemish lady who's doggy sadly disappearce in the Green Bermuda Triangle...

7.20-7.37: part of Inge's solo!!!

(At first I wanted to make a new thread about this, but I thougt: "Better not exaggerate...")

That's really nice! You must be very proud. How old is Inge?

When did she start performing?

My daughter is 9 and has just started going to drama classes. I think it's great for their self confidence.

When the dog got lost Inge was very funny:naughty:

That's really nice! You must be very proud. How old is Inge?

When did she start performing?

My daughter is 9 and has just started going to drama classes. I think it's great for their self confidence.

When the dog got lost Inge was very funny:naughty:

Thanks! I am almost literally glowing with pride:wub2:

She is 12. And it does a lot for your selfconfidence indeed.

Hi Candboys...you did a fab job as a Lollipop girl. You should post the pics here, as our one and only LG Mum!!

Thanks! There is only one youtube video out, taken by Eric. I forgot his name here at the moment. Here's the link. I am the second one skipping out on stage.

I don't have any good ones. The ones I have are from other posters. Should I copy their post here? That part, I still haven't figured out.

Christina

I hope this picture works. I am in the middle of the 3 lollipop girls in this picture. This was taken by Eric. He posted a link to his pictures in the Chicago review thread. Thanks Eric for taking the picture! Only proof I have so far of me on stage.

post-7327-142983674532_thumb.jpg

I hope this picture works. I am in the middle of the 3 lollipop girls in this picture. This was taken by Eric. He posted a link to his pictures in the Chicago review thread. Thanks Eric for taking the picture! Only proof I have so far of me on stage.

Yay! I finally get to see you gals as Lollipop Girls! I haven't had a moment to personally congratulate you yet - not only being a LG, but representing the more mature group of us Moms and Oldings! Good for you! I also read you brought your hubby and kids! Wow...through hours and hours of a long, snowy drive :shocked: . You are brave. And your hubby and boys have a lot of patience.

Yay! I finally get to see you gals as Lollipop Girls! I haven't had a moment to personally congratulate you yet - not only being a LG, but representing the more mature group of us Moms and Oldings! Good for you! I also read you brought your hubby and kids! Wow...through hours and hours of a long, snowy drive :shocked: . You are brave. And your hubby and boys have a lot of patience.

Hi Suzy! Thank you, it was fun to represent the more mature group of fans. It was definitely alot of fun. My kids were very excited to be there and they sang along to all the songs. I don't think there is a Mika song out there that they don't know the words to. They had a lot of fun!

Here is another picture. I hope it works. Again, it is one taken by Eric that he posted links to on the Chicago review thread. I am the LG on the left side of the picture behind Mika. Emy is the one with the huge lollipop that she made and gave to Mika.

Christina

post-7327-142983674568_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Blue Sky for adding me to Mothers' Club:thumb_yello:

I'm Jules, mum of three girls 18, 14 and 11

My youngest went with me to see Mika at Brixton Academy, and she is addicted to his music. She also got a Mika flower from the stage which now takes pride of place in our lounge:thumb_yello:

Hope some of you come back to this thread soon:thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

We are always around, just the thread drops off the front page, and so someone has to dig it up again!!

I have been busy with spring vacation stuff for my 3 (ages 13, 10 and 8). I have had about enough, can't wait for school to go back next Monday!!

Primary schools in Japan provide full hot lunch for all kids (read: compulsory) and now they are home every day they want cooked meals breakfast lunch and dinner. So I cannot wait for their wonderful school lunches to start again. Really healthy menus, full of good vegetables and rice and soup, really good Japanese seasonal foods. At home I confess to spaghetti or packet curry or pizza....they have an aversion to sandwiches, unfortunately...oh well.:naughty: