MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: Mothers who love MIKA

Blue Sky

I was just reading the thread 'you know you're a Mika fan when......' and i just had to write this. I knew my youngest son Greg age 3 was a true Mika fan when, one day i picked him up from nursery. We came home and instead of asking for his cartoons to be put on he asked me to play Live icm. I usually have this on throughout the day any way. So i duly obliged. I went in to kitchen to make his lunch, a few mins later i came back in to living room and couldn,t beleive my eyes. He was standing in the middle of the room with his hoodie (jacket) on and his Dyson hoover. He was singing Billy Brown at the top of his lungs. He was using the extending nozzle of the hoover as a microphone. He was brilliant (even if i say so myself) he was singing virtually word for word. It took every effort not to laugh. Then he asked me to play relax. Again he was singing away but i couldnt beleive when he 'threw' his jacket off and began jumping about, he then pointed the nozzle (microphone) to me to sing just as Mika does in the video. Even some of the moves and mannerisms were sooooo MIka it was spooky. I sat back and enjoyed the rest of his performance and just thought 'that's my boy' :punk:

That's great! Yes, you should get that recorded. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aww... that sounds so precious! I loved my kids at 3 years old. No fear or embarassment at that age. Just a pure delight. You need to get him to do that again on film!

Aw, that is such a cute story!

My DD3 (yes, I am a fast learner:wink2: ) is a Mika-fan again (she was, then wasn't and now is again!) and last week she asked me to see the LICM-dvd before she went to bed. The dvd is in our bedroom dvdplayer, DD3 was dancing quit wildly on our bed and suddenly she made a strange head-tumble and fell of the bed, almost in our wardrobe! It's a pity she hurt herself so I couldn't laugh....

That's great! Yes, you should get that recorded. :thumb_yello:

:wink2: Believe me i have tried to video him singing and dancing but once he sees the camera he gets so shy. I have even tried to do it secretly but he always ctaches me, but i will keep trying.:thumb_yello: ps AMP hope your dd3 was ok after her tumble, i'm sure she was though as Mika mkes everything better:wink2:

that is so sweet! I cant wait for Annabelle to start singing along to stuff properly when she gets a big bigger. Right now she just loves to wiggle her bum and babble when music is playing lol

:thumb_yello: Thats the best way to start, i'm sure she,ll be strutting her stuff before long:wink2:

• 4 weeks later...
can i join too . i'm also a mother but i'm alot younger than most of you.

i'm 26 and i have 2 sons one is 6 and the other one is 8.

i'm from holland

Welcome to the mother's club patricia. And it doesn't matter if you're a bit younger than us... does it? I for one have never mentally made it out of my teens, so you're already more mature than me:biggrin2:

thnx for the welcome. so how was everybodys mothersday ? mine is tomorrow and i'm curious what my kids have made for me this year. they have hidden the presents but in place i always look so they are lucky i can wait to open them :biggrin2:.

thnx for the welcome. so how was everybodys mothersday ? mine is tomorrow and i'm curious what my kids have made for me this year. they have hidden the presents but in place i always look so they are lucky i can wait to open them :biggrin2:.

hi patricia!

my kids are 13 and 10 and no one seems to care about mother's day tomorrow....:shocked:

they are lovely boys, but maybe a bit fed up wit the usual little gifts they were obliged to make any year at school! :roftl:

i'm waiting anyway...................:wink2:

hi patricia!

my kids are 13 and 10 and no one seems to care about mother's day tomorrow....:shocked:

they are lovely boys, but maybe a bit fed up wit the usual little gifts they were obliged to make any year at school! :roftl:

i'm waiting anyway...................:wink2:

Is it Mother's Day in Italy tomorrow, also? I didn't realize that :)

My hubby and son have just gone to get me a card -- I know that they

have already bought me a gift, because I've seen the charge on

my credit card bill! :naughty: (Of course, I haven't told them!)

So... I almost know what I'm getting -- it's tickets to a show at an

amphitheater that is about 5 minutes from our house. The surprise will

be *which* show -- although I have my suspicions that it will be

the "REGENERATION TOUR 2008" which features the Human League, Belinda Carlisle, ABC, A Flock of Seagulls, and Naked Eyes! Yes, of course, I wish

it was a MIKA concert, but a concert with some of my favorite '80s

bands isn't such a bad second choice! :biggrin2:

Then again, the joke will really be on me if it turns out to be something

completely different! :roftl:

In any case...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

to all of you mothers out there!

dcdeb

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!!!

I'd love to share a poem I received this morning from my 7 year old. :wub2:

EmilysMothersDayPoem2008.jpg

Thong??? What a crack-up!!!

Welcome patricia4u you are mother #65!!

2613%20md%20zinn.jpg

You will like what my kids did for me. They wrapped lots of presents and when I opened them, they were things they had taken off my shelves and given to me again! My own drinks, chocolates and DVDs. The gifts that keep on giving.:roftl:

Thong??? What a crack-up!!!

Welcome patricia4u you are mother #65!!

2613%20md%20zinn.jpg

You will like what my kids did for me. They wrapped lots of presents and when I opened them, they were things they had taken off my shelves and given to me again! My own drinks, chocolates and DVDs. The gifts that keep on giving.:roftl:

That is fantastic, and I love the poem Suzy!

I came home last night after a night out with the girls from my mother's group to find my mothers Day breakfast already on my bedside table! Luckily it was (just!) officially Mother's Day! Because Michael leave for work very early in the morning he helped the kids prepare my breakfast (all hot food too!) and set it for me so it was there in the morning. When they woke this morning I had to convince the kids that I really appreciated the effort they went to but did not want to toast and bacon that had been sitting out for 10 hours :naughty:

i've also had a great mothersday. i've had a sweet letter from my youngest son and a decorated picture and some selfmade flowers of my other son. i really like the things they make themselfs. and i also got a big drawing pensilset. i saw that in a magazine and took the page out and left that on the kitchentable and my husband got the message :biggrin2:.

we went swimming the whole day and after that we've had a bbq with some family in our backyard. but there is somuch meat left that we are going to bbq more days now :roftl:

btw i like the poem alot

• 1 month later...
*bump*

To help newer members or older members (who haven't come across this thread yet), find the thread. :wink2:

:roftl::roftl: good idea, espescially with this thread. We working single mums who don't have the time to log in often sometimes miss a thread or 2 :emot-sad: