MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: Mothers who love MIKA

Blue Sky

Never- I always get cut off in the first few seconds with "I don't want to know..." and he is convinced I have brainwashed my kids as my 4yo son walks around going "sucking too hard on your lollipop" (hubby's response today was "I don't really like my son singing a song about sex!") and my 3yo daughter randomly walks past singing "oh Billy Brown!!"

you can imagine how much they love the lollipop video!!!

yes

i used lollipop video to attract them to mika...yes they liked the video a lot, but that's all.

they are 9 and 13.

:sneaky2:

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday, toddler daughter asked if we could play the Mika C.D. Hubby was home so I asked him first and said it was her request (love kids sometimes). He said yes so long as we didn't repeat any songs and only played it through once. When it was finished I asked him what he thought (I could have sworn I saw him moving his head in time to the beat at one stage but he denied it). He said it wasn't his thing cos it's pop. I said that I didn't necessarily like every song on first listening but that maybe, with repeated hearing, give him a year or so... Got a dirty look. Then last night when we were going to bed it came up again. I said I really hoped I could eventually get him to like Mika in the same way that he's turned me into a Stevie Nicks fan. He said "Yes but half the album is pop". At least he acknowledged that there were other songs on there AND that he heard them. I said the next album was supposed to be more serious. Noncommital muttering from hubby. Soooo, progress for me.

I was also telling him about the whole dress up thing and as the words came out of my mouth, it was like another part of me was standing at a distance and watching and everything I said sounded ridiculous when explained out loud like that to a non-MFCer (forget the husband bit, just anybody who doesn't have the bug). I suppose it's because so much of what makes Mika fun, so much of the whimsy, seems so childish when looked at analytically, particularly when being spouted by a 35 year old woman.

I know my son thinks I'm nuts (he likes Mika too, but he seems completely thrown by how much I'm into the MFC).

One of the side effects of the MFC that seems to amuse my husband is my sudden interest in technology and how to do things online. I've talked to him about maybe learning html, about how you deal with photos to make them into avvies and sigs (haven't actually got anywhere with this yet, but I've mentioned it), about how to record and send wav and mp3 files, and just last night he set the webcam up again when I mentioned something about motion capture.

I even told him last night that so many of us write things like "Poor hubby just doesn't get it". I think I was looking for a bit of a rise but it didn't happen. But I think I'll keep at it like a kid with a scab. Raise a little bit at a time and if it doesn't seem to hurt too much, raise a bit more. And hopefully before you know it, the scab will be off and it won't hurt at all and I'll be able to talk to hubby about Mika like one adult to another about an artist we both like instead of like a girl confessing a guilty secret.

:mfr_omg: somethin weird is happening in my household.i heard my husband sing "love today"(though he denies it) and my daughter is showing an interest in "relax".hmmm .i think the effect of THAT CD permently playin and my constant "god i just love Mika "being hammered down their throat seems to b working...slowly but surely.cant wait to get the DVD for xmas then they ll HAVE to Watch him as well not just listen to him...

one question:

does any of you succeed in telling her husband somehting about mika, or about what you are doing concerning mika?

i cannot

and my sons also are avoiding asking me what i actually did in glasgow, but also in torino or bologna....

my husband simply changes subject when i start telling....

that's why i come back here so often...i cannot share but in here! :blink:

Noone wants to Know in my house either but that doesnt stop me from putting my cd on most days.they are all so miserable.They just have No taste whatsoever!!!!:mf_swordfight: !!!!!!1

Noone wants to Know in my house either but that doesnt stop me from putting my cd on most days.they are all so miserable.They just have No taste whatsoever!!!!:mf_swordfight: !!!!!!1

oh yes....their loss!

but sometimes i'd like to share...especially with my hubby...sigh

Well I didn't mention to my husband I bought tickets for MIKA's 3 festivals in Australia next year. Failed to mention it because it will require him to do childcare at home in JAPAN while I toodle off down under for Mika gigs.

Wonder if he will be happy about this?? Oh well, we have a few months up our sleeves....:naughty:

I was so excited to see the dates for the US announced today. I could go to either Chicago or Minneapolis or both but DARN IT! They are on school nights!!!:thumbdown: Also, the 2 gigs are in 21 and older venues. My kids were all so bummed that they can't go with me. What to do...what to do....

Hmm...I tried to talk my husband into going but he's not too thrilled with that idea (getting time off work), plus, the kids, childcare and all. My 9 year old said, "why can't you go by yourself?" I used to go to concerts by myself when I was a youngling...

Well, I have a few days to think up a plan. Is anyone here going to any of the US dates?

Candboys, make sure you sign onto the gig thread for the one you can go to, and you won't be alone, you will be best friends with all the MFCers before the date rolls around. I went alone to both my MIKA concerts, and it was still the best fun, and great to make new friends!!

:biggrin2::wink2::wub2:

Hey Robi and Suzy!! No wonder we all get along so well!!

I'm a GEMINI too!!

And welcome new mums!! My obsession is totally out of control, my husband has given up on me. I am not a good one for advice these days...

FRENCHCATHY25 MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #53

vickylovesmika MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #54

Thanks for the official badge xxx

Hope to be in here more from now:wub2: :wink2:

Well s a fairly new recruit i'll give my story ....:wub2:

First Mika gig was Glasgow Novemeber ... i had been building up to mild obsession before then but this really did it !:wink2:

I also had tickets for Brighton but when i got the Glasgow ones thought i would leave Brighton... but NO !!! I had to go !

Which i did and had a great time thanks to meeting some great MFCers

Jenga, Bab, Jemma lee , Sarah, Summer, Sivan, Jennie Kata !

Great fun and we really had a laugh .. i took a flight for the gig and got the bug real bad again and was even trying for a London ticket to go straight back ! Well the cancellations so now i have a ticket for 26th and 28th Feb !

A real bonus ! Is anoyne going to these dates ?

Suzy i am so sorry you missed Mika .. i'm not sure of the whole story but it must have been awful :thumbdown:

My hub is actually quite ok .. i don't talk tooooo much about Mika but he knows it is bubbling away there under my skin ! I disapear for many an hour to buy tickets, go on MFC and generally watch Mika type things !

:wub2:

I am 35 and it is quite mad to feel this way but i can see i am in very good company here :biggrin2:

Looking forward to chatting more to friends here xx:wub2:

I have 7 year old twin boys too :roftl:

I am from Belgium. I have 3 kids: 2 boys from 13 and 18 years old and a girl who is 16 years old. All big Mika fans!!

I bought tickets today for their Xmas present.

Of course I will join them - this will be amazing!!

I saw Mika in Brussels and I felt as I was back in time on a Beatles'gig or Queen's gig!!

Never had such a party in my life and I felt like a 16 year old girl again...

So, I am not ashamed of being here in the Mika Fanclub. I am proud of being a member!!! :wink2:

So far we only have the V Festival tickets in Oz and they are over $130 each AND they are licensed venues, so no chance to take any little persons. Actually, would never consider taking my daughter (2 1/2) even for a concert as I'd spend the whole time looking after her and not seeing the show and it would be way too much for her. The 11yr old though... I would like to take him to a concert, but not sure if the sight of Mum going crazy and acting 15 again would be too much for him. He already thinks I'm nuts as it is.

i went down to page3, it's a funny thread that i don't really understand ...

Is it more interesting hanging around here than taking care of your kids and husbands ? i don't understand my boss either, he doesn't want to have dinner at home with my lady boss ... my dad is home all day but he looks at me and my mum through newspapers ...

We are all just very good at multi-tasking! And maybe it is more fun for some of us to be on here!! Nothing wrong with that!!

Mamsie, welcome to MFC Mothers' Club. Look on the first page -your number is #55!! What a great Mum buying MIKA tix for kids for Christmas. Wish I could do that.

*note to MIKA: please hurry and announce the tour dates for Mebourne, Sydney and JAPAN, and then maybe I can buy tix for my kids for Chrissie too*

oh yes....their loss!

but sometimes i'd like to share...especially with my hubby...sigh

not sure i d want to take my hubby to a Mika gig!!!i let myself go too much and i dont think he d recognize me!!!plus all i do is drool over Mika:wub2: which lets face it cant b good for my husbands ego!!!!1

thanks for adding me on to this madness.now i feel i belong!!and i can share my mika emotions with all misunderstood ladies above a certain age .u r all great .mama papa shock shock mecathyx

Hi there, just popping in to say HI:roftl:

I am off out tonight with two girls friends and they are thinking they may come to London with me for 28th woo hooo !

I am still going to 26th though aswell and would have done 25th if i could have manged to get away all that time but it's unlikely !

Converting mums to Mika madness everywhere :naughty::wink2:

Have a good Saturday evening everyone :thumb_yello:

not sure i d want to take my hubby to a Mika gig!!!i let myself go too much and i dont think he d recognize me!!!plus all i do is drool over Mika:wub2: which lets face it cant b good for my husbands ego!!!!1

so far hubby is not interested in going to a Mika gig (thankfully or who'd watch the kids!) but I agree about the ego thing. I was walking through the shops the other day thinking about Mika (about the only time I don't think about Mika is when i'm asleep and even then I'm not so sure) and it suddenly occured to me that if my hubby was as obsessed with some little pop tart who I couldn't even appreciate the talent of, as I am about Mika (not saying Mika is a pop tart btw) I don't know if I'd take it too well.

so far hubby is not interested in going to a Mika gig (thankfully or who'd watch the kids!) but I agree about the ego thing. I was walking through the shops the other day thinking about Mika (about the only time I don't think about Mika is when i'm asleep and even then I'm not so sure) and it suddenly occured to me that if my hubby was as obsessed with some little pop tart who I couldn't even appreciate the talent of, as I am about Mika (not saying Mika is a pop tart btw) I don't know if I'd take it too well.

I know what you mean !

It does put a different slant on things doesn't it !!!

Oh well , thing is we like Mika cause he is just so sweet .....:wub2::roftl::mf_lustslow: plus ... funny, cute, sexy, gorgeous, beautiful .....etc!

Blue Sky, I loved your perfect description about mom’s life, work, taking care of the house, etc. It was great :naughty: ! Italian people use to say “tutto il mondo è paese”: it means that everywhere you live, it doesn’t matter where, life is the same; people have the same behavior and they usually do the same things daily.

I was born in Brazil and grew up in Rome, Italy. Now I’m living in São Paulo, Brazil.

I have two boys: a 23 and an 18 years old. You can see the youngest with me in the photo.:biggrin2:

The older one is a little younger than Mika. I thought he would become jealous:blink: , but he is ok because he also likes Mika songs. :thumb_yello:

This is the first time that I join a fan club. The boys have approved my decision (to be a MFC member) and they found cute that I’m taking part of MFC.

As Mamsie said “I am not ashamed :blush-anim-cl: of being here in the Mika Fanclub. I am proud of being a member!!!

There is one more thing I’d like to say, or better, to ask: “Shouldn’t we ask how the husbands feel about us being MFC members?:wink2:

Blue Sky, I loved your perfect description about mom’s life, work, taking care of the house, etc. It was great :naughty: ! Italian people use to say “tutto il mondo è paese”: it means that everywhere you live, it doesn’t matter where, life is the same; people have the same behavior and they usually do the same things daily.

I was born in Brazil and grew up in Rome, Italy. Now I’m living in São Paulo, Brazil.

I have two boys: a 23 and an 18 years old. You can see the youngest with me in the photo.

The older one is a little younger than Mika. I thought he would become jealous:blink: , but he is ok because he also likes Mika songs. :thumb_yello:

This is the first time that I join a fan club. The boys have approved my decision (to be a MFC member) and they found cute that I’m taking part of MFC.

As Mamsie said “I am not ashamed :blush-anim-cl: of being here in the Mika Fanclub. I am proud of being a member!!!

There is one more thing I’d like to say, or better, to ask: “Shouldn’t we ask how the husbands feel about us being MFC members?:wink2:

Hello Clelia and welcome!!

You are # 56 on the Mothers List.

To answer your question, I think some of us come from places where husbands are not so involved in our choice of becoming MFC members or not. I live in Japan and here the husbands don't participate in that sort of decision at all. They also don't participate very much in child care, choice of school, nor do they go out to social events with their wives very much. It just isn't part of their culture. So my husband goes out every night for "business" dinners to celebrate the end of the year, and I stay home looking after the three kids...so for me, hanging out on MFC is my choice, and my social life sometimes too!

But just before you feel sorry for me,:naughty: I am off to my family's place in Australia on Saturday. My husbands doesn't worry about that either...he is staying on to work for another week. Usually he doesn't bother coming. It is 4 years since he has visited my family!! :shocked:

So each country is probably different!